AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-06-17, 01:09   Link #1961
harimakenjisan

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT, you mean.. theres a chapter 11?!
harimakenjisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 01:40   Link #1962
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
No, there is not. But there is chapter 9 which was not scanlated yet. Chapter 10 is the last.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 02:23   Link #1963
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakenjisan View Post
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT, you mean.. theres a chapter 11?!
Sure there is.

Spoiler for Chapter 11:
Old 2009-06-17, 06:17   Link #1964
harimakenjisan

sigh..., shouldve known :S had me excited though
harimakenjisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 11:09   Link #1965
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
The answer lies in a simple answer - Tenma lacks brains. When you lack brains you tend to think less, and when you think less the less imaginary and real problems you have to bug you, thus you can be more happy.

Idiots are always happy after all, and Tenma is a prime example of that. The more thoughtful you are the less happy you become and vice versa.

Imbeciles like Tenma sure have an happier life compared to more or less normal people.
Although I agree most of us Eri fans hate tenma AT TIMES and she is a complete idiot, I have a question: is your theory on happiness one that you would say applies in real life or simply in school rumble? Because I don’t think intelligence plays much of a role in ones happiness.

I personally believe there is no such thing as “happiness” the way we imagine. In school rumble happiness is getting your “girl” or “man”, in other words happiness is getting something you really WANT and not something you actually NEED. The key word here is being content, we all have many WANTS and limited NEEDS(sounds like economics to me xD ), but some of us don’t know how to deal with all of our wants, we simply aren’t content with what we have. Harima could have felt content with Eri but he is greedy somewhat and felt eri is below his standards.

For example there are some people in real life that have tons of girlfriends and boyfriends some that have tons of cash and brains yet are never content(britney spears and other celebs)… In anime Harima is an example. The dude has a girl or two behind him but continues to pursue some retard out of sheer preference the man does not know HOW TO be happy. Happiness is something the greedy will never really have like the pimps in real life (unless if Harima settles with Eri he will fall into the loser category). It comes to those who have limited wants and needs the one who is CONTENT is the one who will find real happiness.

In SR there is only ONE TENMA and two guys after her (harima and karasuma ) only one of them will be lucky! Its like the kid that walks into the convenient store wanting to buy every candy! Of course he will be disappointed and upset in the end, but the content kid that is satisfied with a small stick of gum is better off and well…content…

I think the level of the individuals greed/wants and expectations determine whether he/she will be content in the long run. I see a lot of celebrities that are unhappy with all that cash and brains(although most don’t have any brains) and then I see some poor folk who are happy with what they have.

Hanai for example figured out real quick he is being to greedy running after Yakumo instead he realized he could be just as happy with mikoto. He realized in life there is not no such thing as dreams and fantasies…He chose to be content rather then a greedy loser.

If I really like some dream girl at the same time I know she will never fall for me and i choose to ignore some mediocre looking girl who may like me, then im an idiot! Im simple too GREEDY and i dont deserve to be happy. Because in the end whether you end up with dream girl or the other you have met the same goal!…(rather then driving off into the sunset as some celibate loser like harima did in the end of SR 283 xD)

Sorry to rant just another way to look at this thing we call “happiness”

I think if KJ really understood what happiness was and realized his characters are sort of too demanding, he could have made a more fitting conclusion for his show instead he chose to go guru mawaru(round and round celibate style xD)

Last edited by CaptainSmoker; 2009-06-19 at 07:42. Reason: TOO MUCH RANTING
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 15:06   Link #1966
Gambino009
Phantom

you know, I totally over looked this scene when I first saw the anime.. I had no idea it was Akira filling the role. Since the manga had some random dude.. trying to score a date with Yakumo.

So I guess this promotes a YakumoxAkira =p

She's mo man than you's girly boys
Gambino009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 15:29   Link #1967
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
Although I agree most of us Eri fans hate tenma AT TIMES and she is a complete idiot, I have a question: is your theory on happiness one that you would say applies in real life or simply in school rumble? Because I don’t think intelligence plays much of a role in ones happiness.

I personally believe there is no such thing as “happiness” the way we imagine. In school rumble happiness is getting your “girl” or “man”, in other words happiness is getting something you really WANT and not something you actually NEED. The key word here is being content, we all have many WANTS and limited NEEDS(sounds like economics to me xD ), but some of us don’t know how to deal with all of our wants, we simply aren’t content with what we have. Harima could have felt content with Eri but he is greedy somewhat and felt eri is below his standards.

I think intelligence has little to do with being content, its all about that persons expectations and greed.

For example there are some people in real life that have tons of girlfriends and boyfriends some that have tons of cash and brains yet are never content(britney spears and other celebs)… In anime Harima is an example. The dude has a girl or two behind him but continues to pursue some retard out of sheer preference the man does not know HOW TO be happy. Happiness is something the greedy will never really have like the pimps in real life (unless if Harima settles with Eri he will fall into the loser category). It comes to those who have limited wants and needs the one who is CONTENT is the one who will find real happiness.

Being content is the key since in SR there is only ONE TENMA and two guys after her (harima and karasuma ) only one of them will be lucky! Its like the kid that walks into the convenient store wanting to buy every candy! Of course he will be disappointed and upset in the end, but the content kid that is satisfied with a small stick of gum is better off and well…content…

I think the level of the individuals greed/wants and expectations determine whether he/she will be content in the long run. I see a lot of celebrities that are unhappy with all that cash and brains(although most don’t have any brains) and then I see some poor folk who are happy with what they have.

I don’t think intelligence has much to do with ones level of happiness at all… for most people. Hanai for example figured out real quick he is being to greedy running after Yakumo instead he realized he could be just as happy with mikoto. He realized in life there is not no such thing as dreams and fantasies…He chose to be content rather then a greedy loser.

If I really like some dream girl at the same time I know she will never fall for me and i choose to ignore some mediocre looking girl who may like me, then im an idiot! Im simple too GREEDY and i dont deserve to be happy. Because in the end whether you end up with dream girl or the other you have met the same goal!…(rather then driving off into the sunset as some celibate loser like harima did in the end of SR 283 xD)

Sorry to rant just another way to look at this thing we call “happiness”

I think if KJ really understood what happiness was and realized his characters are sort of too demanding, he could have made a more fitting conclusion for his show instead he chose to go guru mawaru(round and round celibate style xD)
great post
everything I thought but couldn't say xD
because, I stand the same position like you
happiness is not about intelligence

I take myself for example - I'm not too often serious about things, I don't even care about small flies like other ppl do who are getting worked up and serious all the time

it may sound stupid but I'm an optimist
I don't really care about the "bad" things and I don't even struggle with it - I just take it in and make the best of it - not like ppl who are mourning about for example a bad grade in school
I try to laugh about everything, even if bad things happen to me I'll try to laugh
I mean, where's the sense in live if you're serious and upset about everything what's not the way you want it to be
I can be serious and I'm not that bad in school, it's just that I don't want to serious and realistic, I want to be happy and that's why ppl often mistake me for being "idiotic"

I think Tenma is a little bit like me, or I'm a little bit like Tenma
maybe she's not good in school or something, but she has a goal in life (typical anime goal: a boyfriend, here: Karasuma) and she tries to be happy all the time
that she's happy is not because she lacks brain
it's because she makes the best of every situation ( she tries at least)
a guy who's good in school but not happy with his life is not better or more worth than for example Tenma
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 16:30   Link #1968
Gambino009
Phantom

I know I had dreams like that too, I knew they weren't going to happen.

I've had instances where I totally liked a girl.. who I knew would not even look in my direction. Wonder why eh? I was an outsider, I had just transferred over from my old middle school that was mostly blacks and hispanics in a black neighborhood.. because I got into some shit with a guy and his older brother came meddling in but I'll save the detail. This was mostly an all white school.. fancy uniforms and what not.

Boy was I out of it.. I did not make a single friend all year long. I had a crush on the most popular girl in my grade. I guess I was being a little selfish, I didn't really fit in or had much to lose..

But like some where in between the year, some girls started talking to me.. apparently one of them in the back had a crush on me and her friends were bugging and trying to collect information on me. She was blond, green eyes.. and the most weirdest thing ever was that she was from the same country I'm from (I never found that out until later). When she found out where I was from.. I had to hide and stay clear of her friends, they were so annoying.

Anyways that's enough of my story, the way I see it.. people should not judge others poorly because they can't see where they're place is.. it may not be today, or tomorrow but some day they'll realize that all this time.. the one thing/person that made them happy was always in front of them.

But then it's too late? ahaaa, then they're really losers.. but if they come to realize the error of their way than at least they can clean up after themselves.

I relate myself a little with Harima's position
Gambino009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 17:12   Link #1969
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post

Anyways that's enough of my story, the way I see it.. people should not judge others poorly because they can't see where they're place is.. it may not be today, or tomorrow but some day they'll realize that all this time.. the one thing/person that made them happy was always in front of them.
it's like the line: You'll realize how important something is, if it isn't there anymore"
just like the scene where Eri thought, that she wouldn't be might be not with Harima in a class again hahah xD
she knows, that he might be missing and then she realizes how important he's to her"

Quote:
But then it's too late? ahaaa, then they're really losers.. but if they come to realize the error of their way than at least they can clean up after themselves.
just like many scenes with Harima, when he thought that he lost
and that he had to clean stuff up
for example, San Gakki 26th episode
Harima realizes that he lost what was the most important thing for him - Tenmas happiness
Because he couldn't bear it, he decided to take Tenma to the airport, so that Tenma could follow Karasuma
maybe he lost Tenma for Kasaruma, but he gained back what was most important to him - Tenma was happy again

Quote:
I relate myself a little with Harima's position
I think nearly every guy in world can identify himself with Harima sometimes

I had many situations, too, where I made the same stupid mistakes like Harima
many things I regreted

Harima is a bit of every single guy of us haha xD
Old 2009-06-17, 17:20   Link #1970
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
I do understand your sentiments, guys, but I still disagree somewhat

Ignorance is bliss

it's a saying and I don't think it's that untrue. Of course if you're as bright as a blown out candle, it doesn't mean you're automatically happy.
BUT the more intelligent a person is, the more he comprehends his situation and naturally worries more about the future. Specially in comparison to someone who's horizon doesn't reach further than breakfast.
You can also note the tendency for depression is said to be higher when the IQ is too(I read a study about it at least, not saying it's 100% reliable, so don't pinpoint me on that one).

I don't think it's much about real happiness, then about the lack of worries or better put: Being ignorant to your problems.
So you don't worry and beee happy :3

I also think the smarter someone is, the more he wants / sets higher goals. The ambitions are naturally higher, so he might not feel as content with something, as the potato brain would be happy about it.

(^phrased a little extreme to contrast better)

Of course when it comes down to it, real happyness comes from the heartwarming luv of you're beloved people and the family normally gives a shit if you're competent enough to programm the microwave ;D

But I still think the saying isn't really wrong. (W00t I'm going on topic again )

As already mentioned - Tenma is way more oblivious to problems. She's pretty carefree, considering they don't seem to have any family support.
Just compare her to another 'nee-san' in the same shoes, e.g. Haruka from Minami-ke, who cuts on her own life for her sisters. Like turning down to study overseas. And Tenma ... just went, without consulting Yakumo or looking if it was even possible (like financially and so on). As far as we know her former teachers arranged everything. And we also know Kenji-kun gave Yakumo the manga money for the house~

Yeah, I know I shouldn't apply common logic to SR, and I'd be a very carefree person myself if I had a Yakumo who'd do all the annoying stuff for me, but it's easy too see who's more troubled: Yakumo > Tenma

Tenma's problems are going out of the bathroom without being detected by Karasuma, while Yakumo has problems to make social bonds (she had no one who woke her up when she fell asleep in school). (These examples are both very early in the series, so they're comparable.)
Yakumo worries all the time. About her sister, about her psycho power, about Harima, about her future blablabla. Tenma thinks of banana curry. And talks with her scale.

But even so the worry part is fully taken over by Yakumo, she's not unhappy.
Well, as I was saying ... it's not much about happiness itself, then about the view of things; being more carefree.

Also the above is one of my favorit sayings xD I can't get upset at something if I don't know of it.

@gambino, yeah, SR has a big chunk of prejudices in it.

Like Harima and Eri ... towards each other.
They both have a very negative view of each other in the beginning:
  • Harima is a stupid, violent thug, without any manners.
  • Eri is the stuck up princess, who has her nose up in the sky and only plays around with guys.
And they were both wrong. And later they are just to proud to take back their first impressions. Like eri throwing at him what a brute he is or Harima - in the infamous cry-then-slap scene - being in denial and saying she wouldn't understand his troubles since she just goes out with anyone.

... "pride & prejudice" anyone? XD Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy where the role models! ... yeah right

On a side note:
Like every guy finds himself somewhat in Harima or wants be like him -
All girls love him and would murder for a boyfriend like him. Me included D:

At least it like that with my friends (male and female) and what I read in da intaweb.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 18:30   Link #1971
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Ignorance is bliss

it's a saying and I don't think it's that untrue. Of course if you're as bright as a blown out candle, it doesn't mean you're automatically happy.
BUT the more intelligent a person is, the more he comprehends his situation and naturally worries more about the future. Specially in comparison to someone who's horizon doesn't reach further than breakfast.
You can also note the tendency for depression is said to be higher when the IQ is too(I read a study about it at least, not saying it's 100% reliable, so don't pinpoint me on that one).

I don't think it's much about real happiness, then about the lack of worries or better put: Being ignorant to your problems.
So you don't worry and beee happy :3
haha you're right, but what I tried to say is not that I ignore stuff
for example, I'll take grades in school (again xD)
if I'll get a bad mark I'm not like "fuck, I won't solve this course if I don't do this and that and blabla" and then suddenly turning to the topic "the teacher sucks and it's all his fault, I was right", and being upset (like many other ppl would think, especially those realistic ppl)

I'm laughing about myself for being stupid and I'll try harder next time, but I don't complain, because it was my own fault
not that I'm not thoughtful or something
it's just that I try do get the best out of the situation

so I'm not automatically an idiot just because I'm not emo (because of the beginning of this topic: idiots are happier)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Yeah, I know I shouldn't apply common logic to SR, and I'd be a very carefree person myself if I had a Yakumo who'd do all the annoying stuff for me, but it's easy too see who's more troubled: Yakumo > Tenma
haha don't care about that, this is a school rumble problem
we came on this topic while talking about SR and we'll solve it while including SR xD
Old 2009-06-17, 20:12   Link #1972
byll_kun

hello you all!
do someone saw the kodansha's web page?
http://shop.kodansha.jp/bc2_bc/searc...?b=3841553&x=C

please, look and translate the "Contents Introduction" (内容紹介)... its below the image.

i'm: WTF?

lol

sorry my bad english :x
Old 2009-06-18, 03:08   Link #1973
Darknemo2000

Grades do not always prove one has brains. It just means one can work hard. In fact to study you do not need to think - you need good memory more than thinking, so I do not think good grades are equal better intelligence. It just means the person may have better ability to study and memorize things, but it does not mean that the person is very intelligent.

There are guys who can have great grades and yet still fail to think independently. One thing I learned through my life is that grades do not tell how intelligent the person is. I met guys who have horrible grades but are very intelligent (as in thinking) and the ones who have good grades and are very studious yet lack when you ask them to think apart the textbooks.

I am not saying that those who can think cannot be happy, but I am saying that those who do not think are almost always happier than those who think a alot. Since by thinking you create problems, and not all those problems are real. Sometimes you create much more imaginary problems than real ones, and then you start worrying too much, and when you worry too much you psychological health suffers, and psychological health is connected with physical one.

Ignorance is a bliss. Not thinking or thinking very little definitely helps you to be happier, since then you do not need big efforts for that. While intelligent person needs much more efforts to be content and happy. It does not mean they cannot. They can (for example everyone knows that Socrates was a very happy and content person despite the fact that his life was pretty much screwed up, but at the same time Plato, Arsitotle and hundreds of others were not) just the amount of effort is rather different. For an intelligent person to be happy you need a great deal of strong character, but for an idiot you really do not need that at all, thus a fool is as a result have gain the happiness much easier since there are not many mental walls preventing him from being happy.
Old 2009-06-18, 09:02   Link #1974
yakumo-chan

Quote:

you know, I totally over looked this scene when I first saw the anime.. I had no idea it was Akira filling the role. Since the manga had some random dude.. trying to score a date with Yakumo.

So I guess this promotes a YakumoxAkira =p

She's mo man than you's girly boys
thats cute.....
the 2 most interesting character for me!

anyways......
school rumble has ended......
nothing will ever change.....
KJ destroyed school Rumble... sadly...
pissed off many fans....
what a waste....
Old 2009-06-18, 11:05   Link #1975
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Quote:
Grades do not always prove one has brains. It just means one can work hard. In fact to study you do not need to think - you need good memory more than thinking, so I do not think good grades are equal better intelligence. It just means the person may have better ability to study and memorize things, but it does not mean that the person is very intelligent.
sure there are differences between intelligence, wisdom and slyness, I just took grades as an example because it's very easy to understand

Quote:
I am not saying that those who can think cannot be happy, but I am saying that those who do not think are almost always happier than those who think a alot. Since by thinking you create problems, and not all those problems are real. Sometimes you create much more imaginary problems than real ones, and then you start worrying too much, and when you worry too much you psychological health suffers, and psychological health is connected with physical one.

Ignorance is a bliss. Not thinking or thinking very little definitely helps you to be happier, since then you do not need big efforts for that. While intelligent person needs much more efforts to be content and happy. It does not mean they cannot. They can (for example everyone knows that Socrates was a very happy and content person despite the fact that his life was pretty much screwed up, but at the same time Plato, Arsitotle and hundreds of others were not) just the amount of effort is rather different. For an intelligent person to be happy you need a great deal of strong character, but for an idiot you really do not need that at all, thus a fool is as a result have gain the happiness much easier since there are not many mental walls preventing him from being happy.
this is a good explanation haha xD
I just felt attacked by the simple sentence
Quote:
When you lack brains you tend to think less, and when you think less the less imaginary and real problems you have to bug you, thus you can be more happy.

Idiots are always happy after all, and Tenma is a prime example of that. The more thoughtful you are the less happy you become and vice versa.
because like I said, I'm an optimist and many ppl mistake it for being "idiotic", because I laugh too much ( I thought laughing is healthy, why should it be something bad) and because they always say I'm never serious about stuff

I know it wasn't personal, but I just felt personal attacked, that's why I had to underline my statement to this topic
Old 2009-06-18, 12:03   Link #1976
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

Looks like Togou with brown hair.
Old 2009-06-18, 12:30   Link #1977
biomy

Quote:
tldr happiness love want need crap blah blah
the thing is that these characters are very young and have an idealistic but immatured sense of their own feelings which are being juxtaposed with their recent development of hormonal activity and other libidinous and materialistic things that they JUST found out existed

whether people mature out of this state depends on a lot of variables which is more complicated than i'd like to explain here, but feel free to take a psychology course or two

but what also happens as far as external factors are concerned is the social pressure which includes the reader fanbase that insists that some characters get romantically involved in something, and being that these characters are young, their understanding of WANT/NEED are mixed together out of anxiousness and lack of actual understanding (which they synthesize the understanding of by filling in the holes with their own assumptions via their peers word-of-mouths), and they're so confused by what they just discovered about themselves that they don't know what to think of it yet except by what people tell them on yahoo answers

so what ends up happening is people who feel very awkward believe they've fallen in love and they get this mentality of "I NEED YOU" when the actual meaning is "I WANT YOU (in my bed)"

we can argue the semantics of need/want but i think that's already explaining itself for now

the reason i frown so much on shipping is that it acts just like the party of people who try to pressure other people into doing something they're not mutually inclined to do or ready to settle into--the characters are young and they need to mature themselves, and these party of people don't really know what the two characters are thinking! they certainly enjoy assuming such, but it seems a lot more like projecting themselves; see zutara fanbase (avatar: the last airbender shipping). and as the characters people ship get younger and younger, it reaches a disturbing level that japan is not too unfamiliar with anyways. these characters haven't even had time to go out and experience the world and they're already declaring their devoted love to a guy probably 3-5 times their age? wtf?

similarly, school rumble characters are barely out of highschool and in realistic terms, most of them are practically jailbait, and the reason young people are generally perceived as susceptible to manipulation is due in part to what i explained above with their immature understanding levels of life

i'm willing to bet the people here on this board are fairly young as well, and it's okay and natural to be all confused or have perceptions about something like that, but ultimately, the idealistic view of things may not actually be the reality, and most are just reading too much into themselves and just need TIME (and growing up) to figure things out, rather than going to yahoo answers and asking someone "what are these weird things i'm feeling?! i'm so confused!" only to receive "awwww! its so kewt! ur in love ^_^" without so much explanation or rationale behind it

thank you and good morning
biomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 13:59   Link #1978
Darknemo2000

Well being a fool is not a bad thing actually. After all, even Erasmus from Rotterdam wrote his 'Praising word for Foolishness' so many years ago, praising foolishness as the most direct way to happiness.

And being and optimist is a good thing. There is a great chance that you will live roughly five years longer than being an pessimist, after all (as our psychological health is connected with physical one, disturbance in one usually cause problems in the other).
Old 2009-06-18, 21:23   Link #1979
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Although I agree most of us Eri fans hate tenma AT TIMES and she is a complete idiot
actually... there are times that i love the character of Tenma too...
i dont get the reason why you hate her.....

sometimes..... Tenma's Stupidness or idioticness are the reasons why I love this character....

this girl are one of the characters that really makes me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Yes! They're not real sisters.

Yakumo is from a different father and Tenma came from a different mother. lol j/k
yes....
sometimes i have doubts about it too...

guys....

Isnt it weird?
yakumo's personality is kinda different from the past... look.....

as far as i know... This is not yakumo at all... but why yakumo's personality is like that???

here are my theories:

1. It could be that yakumo found out that she was an adopted child....she is jealous at Tenma that's why her personalities is like that... she is jealous because Tenma is the only child....(Tenma is the real child)

2.Her father made a promise to her that was never made....

3.Her wishes from christmas never came true....

It could be that her father and mother died.....

because.... what parents are they!?
leaving their children like that!?

whos parents would leave their children like that!????

leaving their 2 children alone in a same house??
no parents would do that in their own child.....

so the possibilities that they are dead could be true.....
Old 2009-06-19, 00:16   Link #1980
Bullet2k4

It was said that they will release a compiled volume of school rumble z on the 17th in japan.Does that contain all the chapters?

and yet still dont see chapter 9 available(raws or translated)why?
Bullet2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy