Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-12, 20:51   Link #1961
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That's right but we can interpret it differently. (I don't feel like saying what I think again about that)

But that's not the problem. We know (C.C. fans) that some of the Kallen fans disagree on some things. Like that line from Taniguchi. What is the point to come up in the discussions to say something that we already know?

It may be not that important but it got on the nerve of many people (I'm sure that I am not the only one).

I don't say we are obvisouly better (C.C. fans), some of us did the same things
Fair enough.

debates happen when two sides disagree on a point, discussion follows when both sides present those points to try to sway the opposing side. That is nothing new.

Well as you said some C.C fans also did the same things so really no point in pointing fingers now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Even though I am more of a Kallen fan, I do not dislike C.C and I am not happy about how her character has been handled this season. The moe C.C is boring and I hate her.
I'm a Kallen fan and I am not happy about how her character has been handled this season. And please don't use "moe" C.C, she is not moe unless you are turned on by a girl that acts like a beaten dog and doormat.
Old 2008-08-12, 20:53   Link #1962
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Taniguchi is not related in any way with GSD. They are two animes from sunrise but that's all.

C.C. didn't get that much screentime, but there are some good scenes. I would like to talk about the band aid for instance, without having some people bashing this theory "because it's just a band aid". We are already aware about what some people think about some of our theories. Then they can also stay away from that kind of discussions.
I could point to so many similarities between Gundam SEED and Code Geass it is almost silly. I've just done it so many times I'm rather tired of it, but if you don't believe me I can name one a few.
Old 2008-08-12, 20:54   Link #1963
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
she is not moe unless you are turned on by a girl that acts like a beaten dog and doormat.
Well I'd be lying if I said my sadistic side wasn't interested at all
Old 2008-08-12, 20:55   Link #1964
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Anyone who says R1 doesn't count is an idiot. But you have to be blind to not see how C.C has been shelved this season. She's barely done anything and when her story started to kick off, it ended the same ep. I'm surprised how many C.C fans here are not pissed off about the new C.C. It's the complete opposite of what her character was.
I'm not blind about it, but getting more screentime doesn't necessarily mean that a character gets much more important key scenes.

Me, as a C.C., am not pissed off, because now she has a real chance to live, and to live as a normal girl. While her immortality was a problem.

And since most of us (I guess) think she will get her memories back. And because we know that she lost her code (bye bye immortality). We are not that upset, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I could point to so many similarities between Gundam SEED and Code Geass it is almost silly. I've just done it so many times I'm rather tired of it, but if you don't believe me I can name one a few.
Not interested at all, sorry.
Old 2008-08-12, 21:00   Link #1965
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Quote:
please don't use "moe" C.C, she is not moe unless you are turned on by a girl that acts like a beaten dog and doormat.
Baha! This gives me the right to use moe then right? justtttt kiddingg~

Like Narona said I'm still hoping that she'll regain her memories, I mean we have tons of time(7 episodes is still a lot).
Old 2008-08-12, 21:06   Link #1966
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
I'm not blind about it, but getting more screentime doesn't necessarily mean that a character gets much more important key scenes.

Me, as a C.C., am not pissed off, because now she has a real chance to live, and to live as a normal girl. While her immortality was a problem.

And since most of us (I guess) think she will get her memories back. And because we know that she lost her code (bye bye immortality). We are not that upset, maybe?
Well more screen time means more time for development. But if you want to put it in that terms then what does it say that when they do show C.C in R2, most of the time she was either poster girl for pizzahut or sales girl for Cheese-kun products? Her important scenes this season were all concentrated in episode fifteen and you already know my thoughts on that.

Well the thing is though I do not see a happy end for her if her memories return. Geass has always been portrayed as a curse that requires or rather demands sacrifices and isolation from people connected to it. C.C lost the part of her that was connected to geass when she lost the curse. Regaining that part of her without the curse would be like a get out of jail free card that is uncharacteristic for geass. So I really do not see it as a good sign if she regains her memories as likely there will be a price attached to it.
Old 2008-08-12, 21:09   Link #1967
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Not interested at all, sorry.
Thank you for sparing me from going through that.
Old 2008-08-12, 21:28   Link #1968
hero147

Quote:
The bandaid thing is C.C happy about having a kind master. I don't think anyone can say that is meaningless since C.C's wish is to have friends/family/people love/like her for who she is, not because of Geass. It's part of fulfilling her wish.

As for romance, well it's kinda hard to take a 10 year olds feelings seriously when it comes to love. Just like nobody took Kallen's fangirl feelings for Zero seriously last season.
The band-aid was placed in a very odd finger, probably a sign of foreshadowing...

Quote:
Well more screen time means more time for development. But if you want to put it in that terms then what does it say that when they do show C.C in R2, most of the time she was either poster girl for pizzahut or sales girl for Cheese-kun products? Her important scenes this season were all concentrated in episode fifteen and you already know my thoughts on that.

Well the thing is though I do not see a happy end for her if her memories return. Geass has always been portrayed as a curse that requires or rather demands sacrifices and isolation from people connected to it. C.C lost the part of her that was connected to geass when she lost the curse. Regaining that part of her without the curse would be like a get out of jail free card that is uncharacteristic for geass. So I really do not see it as a good sign if she regains her memories as likely there will be a price attached to it.
C.C. also lost who she was when she lost her memories...Lelouch still must fulfill the contract which was prominent as the main fundamental baseline for 2 seasons.
Old 2008-08-12, 21:44   Link #1969
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
C.C. also lost who she was when she lost her memories...Lelouch still must fulfill the contract which was prominent as the main fundamental baseline for 2 seasons.
Yeah she lost her memories and her current self which was the price for breaking free from the curse of geass as I said. And right now she has a chance at happiness that geass basically screwed her out of. As I said her regaining her memories would mean that the price she paid to be rid of the curse was just made null. Which is inconsistent with what is shown about Geass so far in that it always demands a price for it. When people who have the code like C.C and the Nun wish to be free of the curse they have to basically ruin another's life with geass before they could gain freedom. Geass users are isolated by their powers which could cause tragedy for everyone around them and eventually isolates them. Being free of those powers means taking the code which isolates them still as they live in a different "time" then everyone else and has to ruin another's life to free themselves. So again as I said, her regaining her memories without some price attached to it is uncharacteristic of what was shown about geass.

Some would say that her contract/wish are being full filled to some extent. C.C wished for death and she is gone while her ten year old self who wished to know love to be loved is being treated kindly by Lelouch.
Old 2008-08-12, 21:52   Link #1970
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Edit: since some people didn't get it. I delete this post

Last edited by Narona; 2008-08-12 at 22:53.
Old 2008-08-12, 22:08   Link #1971
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
That doesn't count! Bulls****! (j/k)

It's like that since, at least, when I started to post here. I gave up to have a decent discussion between C.C. fans here. Nothing to add, I'm off.
I really agree. There is stretching and then there is that kind of BULL. I'm hardly one who will criticize people's theories. I'll state a counter point if I feel something is being left out.
The band-aid was put on that finger, because that was the one that was bleeding.
Old 2008-08-12, 22:24   Link #1972
Micante

Quote:
I really agree. There is stretching and then there is that kind of BULL. I'm hardly one who will criticize people's theories. I'll state a counter point if I feel something is being left out.
The band-aid was put on that finger, because that was the one that was bleeding.
Lelouch: Hmm... If I put it on the finger that has blood, it may lead to certain consequences. I'll just put it on the finger next to it.
C.C.: Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a band-aid on, Master?
Lelouch: DON'T QUESTION MY WAYS! I'M DOING THIS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!
Old 2008-08-12, 22:43   Link #1973
Hellbore

As I see it its just a coincidence in-universe. The scene in 17 where she is looking fondly at it is probably just her 10(ish) year old mind fantasising about her kind new master. ;D
Out-of-universe, probably just a mind screw buy writer/animator (depends if script said "finger gets cut" or "ring-finger gets cut").

Now watch me get proved wrong XD
Old 2008-08-12, 22:49   Link #1974
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
uuh? To be clear, I think that hero147 is right. I was joking about the C.C. bashers.
Old 2008-08-12, 23:22   Link #1975
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
What pairing _ x Lelouch isn't a bit odd? I mean Lelouch tends to be bit of an ass when it comes to women. I get the feeling they've concluded the story with Milly and Lelouch in ep 12... though with Shirley gone, I wouldn't mind Milly going for it again
I don't believe that Milly x Lelouch was concluded at all. Otherwise, they would not have killed off Shirley. I believe that Milly and Lelouch will meet up with each other, sooner or later. But we'll see what happens in the upcoming episodes if anything happens between them. It doesn't make any sense for Milly to be secretly in love with Lelouch and not tell him directly. That stupid Cupids' Day event was a lame attempt to get his attention. And he doesn't know that Milly is interested in him. Otherwise, he would have exchanged hats with her in order to avoid Shirley. Perhaps Lelouch never thought about asking Milly about it because she was engaged to Lloyd; thus he didn't want to feel like an idiot for asking an engaged woman to exchange hats with him.
Old 2008-08-12, 23:27   Link #1976
Micante

Quote:
uuh? To be clear, I think that hero147 is right. I was joking about the C.C. bashers.
You put j/k next to it.

It's no use now, symbolism, hints, and foreshadows cannot stand up to the cold-hard ruthless logic that Kallen fans see.
Old 2008-08-13, 00:05   Link #1977
Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPhenemenom View Post
You put j/k next to it.

It's no use now, symbolism, hints, and foreshadows cannot stand up to the cold-hard ruthless logic that Kallen fans see.
Lol, those things and logic are not mutually exclusive. Symbolism (Kallen = Q1 = queen), hints (events in episodes and spoilers used to analyze and predict), and looking for signs of foreshadowing happens all the time. (i.e. C.C.'s blood on the black king)

And I think hero147 meant to say he thought the placement of the cut on the ring finger by the staff is a sign of foreshadowing.
Old 2008-08-13, 00:09   Link #1978
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring View Post
Lol, those things and logic are not mutually exclusive. Symbolism (Kallen = Q1 = queen), hints (events in episodes and spoilers used to analyze and predict), and looking for signs of foreshadowing happens all the time. (i.e. C.C.'s blood on the black king)

And I think hero147 meant to say he thought the placement of the cut on the ring finger by the staff is a sign of foreshadowing.
Hmm... guess I should have put subtle in front of them. What's a word for misinterpretation of subtle hints? Let's just say grasping at straws. The way I see it, things are like this.

Let's say Kalulu is like a coin. If it lands on heads, it will succeed.

Now, let's say C.C.Lulu is like a six-sided dice. If it lands on six, it succeeds.

C.C. fans have little to go on, and when they try to use it, the superior 50% chance smacks them down and reminds them how little it can actually mean because they have more concrete... things to go on.

I know probability is a horrible analogy for character development, but it's the best I can think of at the moment.
Old 2008-08-13, 00:17   Link #1979
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

That was our point with UnnamedPhenemenom. We think hero147 is right about that. So why do you bring that again :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPhenemenom View Post
Hmm... guess I should have put subtle in front of them. What's a word for misinterpretation of subtle hints? Let's just say grasping at straws. The way I see it, things are like this.

Let's say Kalulu is like a coin. If it lands on heads, it will succeed.

Now, let's say C.C.Lulu is like a six-sided dice. If it lands on six, it succeeds.

C.C. fans have little to go on, and when they try to use it, the superior 50% chance smacks them down and reminds them how little it can actually mean because they think they have more concrete... things to go on.

I know probability is a horrible analogy for character development, but it's the best I can think of at the moment.
Fixed

Sorry Wita
Old 2008-08-13, 00:37   Link #1980
FoxxFireArt

Quote:

As much as I would like to agree with you I'm not so sure about the Q-1 thing. Yes, on the battle field she is the Black Queen on the chess board for Lelouch. Even more so now. Not completely sure that will translate as to being the Queen to his heart in the end.
The writer or producers has already shown that they're willing to break the rules of chess. That move Schniezel did, putting his King purposely into check, was an illegal move. You can't purposely move your King into check. Just doing that already lost him the game.
If they are willing to break that fundamental rule, then who knows.

I try to avoid speaking about spoilers in here. The only real ones that I know of only seem to go up to episode 20, and there are summaries from magazines that currently go up to 22, but that's just short sentence summaries.

Tags
romance