AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-05-02, 08:21   Link #1961
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

So....is it safe to use thing like Kancolle viewer and the like with what you experimented?
Old 2014-05-02, 08:22   Link #1962
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Viewers like Logbook or KCV can show you sparkle levels.

As for sparkling, the infamous KuuTenko kind of drilled it into my head after several failures at E-5. For events like this, 85% sparkle (max possible outside of PVP, which can boost it to 100%) is kind of mandatory. And the effects seem to be exponential too.

After two or three runs (which drops sparkle to about 55%-ish), resparkle again to max. Rinse and repeat.
I find sparkling mandatory, especially since I lack searchlight (I am working on that right now but still.) It made the difference for E5 of Ironbottom Sound fall event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
So....is it safe to use thing like Kancolle viewer and the like with what you experimented?
Kancolleviewer is interesting. You can choose to use it with VPN instead of using API, and you can even login from KCV directly. I think that it's fine and all, as it doesn't inject or alter packets. I do use API usually, but I do log in to refresh it once every day or so.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 08:25   Link #1963
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Klash: Yes, I use API rather than play through DMM. It does cause strange stuff -- for example, I've had my whole construction queue (4 ships in dock) disappear on me once, but when I checked my list, they weren't there (or "finished") at all.
Old 2014-05-02, 08:27   Link #1964
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Klash: Yes, I use API rather than play through DMM. It does cause strange stuff -- for example, I've had my whole construction queue (4 ships in dock) disappear on me once, but when I checked my list, they weren't there (or "finished") at all.
Call me superstitious, but I find that RNG is kinder to me when I refresh, or play directly when I log in... and yes, I've had my whole fleet of subs not showing up except for the flagship with API this once.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-05-02, 08:30   Link #1965
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Basically it's like this -- I use KCV or Logbook at home (Logbook when I'm feeling lazy about finding specific team compositions I want to use), but at the office I use API (obviously).
Old 2014-05-02, 08:31   Link #1966
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I find sparkling mandatory, especially since I lack searchlight (I am working on that right now but still.) It made the difference for E5 of Ironbottom Sound fall event.
Sparkling helps, but isn't mandatory unless your fleet is a bit underleveled.
I pretty much bruteforced fall, arpeggio and spring events without any sparkles whatsoever. In fact, Sparkling was draining too much resources back in Ironbottom sound, and I'm pretty sure I would have resources shortage if I kept doing so.

It really depends of your luck, and while it does give an edge in term of accuracy and evasion, it isn't "mandatory".

At best, it can be cheap to do that for the support fleet, but I'm not exactly convinced for a main fleet, especially expensive ones like double yamato double nagato class.
Old 2014-05-02, 08:38   Link #1967
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
eggio and spring events without any sparkles whatsoever. In fact, Sparkling was draining too much resources back in Ironbottom sound, and I'm pretty sure I would have resources shortage if I kept doing so. (snip)

I'm not exactly convinced for a main fleet, especially expensive ones like double yamato double nagato class.
Well, support fleet wise, just sparkle the flagship is fine.

I have to admit, sparkling the whole fleet was really tedious, to the point that I was nearly falling asleep from all that work. Resource consumption wise, I was looking at spending about 1/3 of all the expense on sparkling. I didn't have double Nagato at the time, so it was Kongous all the way.

Old 2014-05-02, 09:19   Link #1968
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Don't use Kancolle viewer, so how many times should i run 1-1 (and how many S) for a 49 morale to get to full?
Old 2014-05-02, 09:23   Link #1969
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Don't use Kancolle viewer, so how many times should i run 1-1 (and how many S) for a 49 morale to get to full?
3 times as far as I know.

Quote:
A node is an almost assured 10+3+1, unless your ship fails to sink that lone Destroyer.

B node is also 10+3+1 if your ship is half-decent, should be at least 10+3 either way.

C node is 10+3, possibly less if you get a C or D.

You'll get +12/+13 per run, three runs will be enough to get from 49 to 85 if your ship doesn't run into trouble.
Old 2014-05-02, 10:26   Link #1970
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm starting to think that prior the general update, API link didn't work the same way as playing the game normally.
I observed something interesting back then: in PVP, if you press F5 while playing with API link, the battle will not be calculated -at all- and you can try again this battle.
However, if you play "normally" (as in, not with API but with VPN etc), F5 won't do anything and the battle result will be calculated, but no exp will be given.

EDIT: I've tested it, and the result confirms what I thought:
-I've engaged a PVP battle while using API.
-I refreshed the tab when the battle is starting (after the recon phase).
-Upon reloading, the fight is -not- counted at all.
-However, instead of going in the fight, I logged to DMM. The fight is finally counted.

I would say that the game calculations is not completely server side, and few things are quite iffy as result.
Er... I use API to play and my experience is completely different than yours.

See, I refresh PVP battle on occasion to deal with 0 xp troll fleets to conserve resources

Once I engage battle, I refresh the game before it reaches the battle result screen and the fight is always counted (I get a win or loss rank on the opponent selection screen), it's just that I don't get any xp but without spend any resources for it.

This is exactly the same as if I play on DMM using VPN.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 10:29   Link #1971
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I regularly reset my PVP matches if they don't go my way, but they only don't count if it happens before the "results" are shown. When the "VICTORY" message comes up though, no resetting will help -- the match is as good as recorded (and often is).

Thus I'm able to do it over and over until I get a S-rank. And yes, this is on API. Heck, there are even signs that weird stuff is happening -- my Carriers' plane numbers don't go back to their usual numbers even when refueled and re-armed for example. I have to fight and win another match, then refuel/rearm, before things return to normal.
Old 2014-05-02, 11:00   Link #1972
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

This sparking business really take times... I try to do for the support fleet at least. But it's still so time-consuming. For the main fleet however... i think i will just pray on RNG Goddess

My Nagato kept going tsundere on the boss through... As she keep aiming for the BB princess instead
Old 2014-05-02, 11:12   Link #1973
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
This sparking business really take times...
You sound like someone who's never sparkled their DDs, AVs, and CLs for their expeditions before. It takes a while, but trust me, it's well worth it, unless you really want to put your playthrough squarely in RNG's ball court.
Old 2014-05-02, 12:44   Link #1974
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I once did a sparkle run on about 25-30 ships. It took me all day to do that, but the expedition successes were well worth it and I got back a truckload of resources. Unfortunately the sparkling lasts only for around 12 expeditions or so, so low-timer ones tend to drain them pretty quickly. If you hit 100 morale through PvP instead, it's around 17 expeditions instead.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 12:59   Link #1975
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Maybe i'm just too casual on this game...

On expedition, it gonna frustrate me to no end, if i do all of those sparking to gain resources, then fail a LSC...
Old 2014-05-02, 14:12   Link #1976
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Sparkling has never been easier tbh. Thanks to 1-5, I can get my flagship DD leveled up for Tokyo express the moment that I get back to the game. Those drum canisters really cut down on the amount of work needed to keep a sparkled fleet going for that great success.

Old 2014-05-02, 14:45   Link #1977
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Sparkling has never been easier tbh. Thanks to 1-5, I can get my flagship DD leveled up for Tokyo express the moment that I get back to the game. Those drum canisters really cut down on the amount of work needed to keep a sparkled fleet going for that great success.
Speaking of Tokyo Express expeditions,

The greatest thing about those is that you don't even need a full fleet of sparkled ships to have a high chance (90% of the time) of great success.

with 4 sparkled ships plus 2 non-sparkled I can consistently get great success. Granted I still need to sparkle them, but that's still a third less work for me.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 14:49   Link #1978
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

It's all RNG for me so far in E-5.

Lost ~10k bullets so far, so i guess roughly 10 runs? Twice hit boss node with lightly-damaged Kanmusu at most, but deal only scratch damage to boss. Another once was all green hp before that stupid sub in pre-boss hit my Taihou to red.

On the positive side, destroyed boss twice with moderately-damaged Kongou and Mutsu, the later literally was my last hit at night. That plus my very first try in E-5, made it 3 kills so far. Probably need another 3 kills or less (assuming i can chip off the hp from time to time)?
Old 2014-05-02, 16:43   Link #1979
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

A somewhat disturbing thought just came across my mind. Could it be that Midway event will happen by June?

The idea that a major event would hit in less than 1 month from the conclusion of this event is somewhat disturbing though.

Old 2014-05-02, 17:11   Link #1980
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
A somewhat disturbing thought just came across my mind. Could it be that Midway event will happen by June?

The idea that a major event would hit in less than 1 month from the conclusion of this event is somewhat disturbing though.
That would be an awesome troll.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls