AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-06-04, 19:30   Link #19881
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
she's the first person to accept him as the new zero when he kills lelouch (and she knows who he is)
and both of them seem to gained alot of respect for the other during the battle on the damocles
aside from that, kallen is one of the VERY few people who could actually relate to suzaku
both are very similer in many ways, including that both have to live in a world where EVERYONE hates the one they love most
and she knows that the mask he wears is extremely heavy
i was one of the people who raised this possiblity a few times before
it could be rather interesting
Old 2009-06-04, 19:38   Link #19882
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
she's the first person to accept him as the new zero when he kills lelouch (and she knows who he is)
and both of them seem to gained alot of respect for the other during the battle on the damocles
aside from that, kallen is one of the VERY few people who could actually relate to suzaku
both are very similer in many ways, including that both have to live in a world where EVERYONE hates the one they love most
and she knows that the mask he wears is extremely heavy
i was one of the people who raised this possiblity a few times before
it could be rather interesting
So, she would help him carrying it around right? XD

Also, lol, it is not about who raised the possibilities or whatnot before, the point is that this is in the sphere of speculation, so we cannot really say the word possibility. You ask me, Suzaku and Kallen ended up the show in love with Euphemia and Lelouch respectively and they are the type that are loyal and do not really look for comfort partnership so, i would never see something like this happening. But anyway, what do i know? For all i know, there might be a Kagino scan tomorrow so i can get back to my raging. Life is full of possibilities afterall. XD

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 19:42   Link #19883
Commodore

I think Kallen was an interesting character, I'm glad they didn't end up killing her. Also I'm glad she figured out everything in the end.
Commodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 19:43   Link #19884
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
I think Kallen was an interesting character, I'm glad they didn't end up killing her. Also I'm glad she figured out everything in the end.
So much truth in one sentence, kudos to you my friend.
But well, who can kill Kallen afterall? I mean, even if you try, you just cannot, the girl is epic. XD

Old 2009-06-04, 19:59   Link #19885
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
loyal and do not really look for comfort partnership
for some strange reason
i get the feeling that its BECOUSE they BOTH arent likely to look for that kind of relationship
that they are the PERFECT candidates for such a relationship between them
both know that they dont love the other, and except that the other doesnt love them either
for some reason the idea of a relationship between them that STARTS OFF from that point, doesnt seem all that unlikely
suzaku's options in GENERAL are pretty much limited to either nunnaly or kallen
and if you follow the idea that he will always stay in love with euphie, then its hardly fair to nunnaly
and kallen isnt likely to be looking for anyone becouse
1)she still loves lelouch, and falling for anyone else would feel like betraying that love
2)going into a relationship with someone else when you KNOW that you could NEVER really love them back, isnt fair to the other person
so neither of them are likely to start questing for a new lovey dovey romance

if however the relationship is mostly comfort based
with BOTH sides of it respecting the fact that the other is in love with someone else (both of whom are dead) and always would be
then i dont think its that far fetched, or wrong in any real way
they are both human, and both have been through alot
why shouldnt they enjoy some comfort when they both know that thats ALL it is in the end
Old 2009-06-04, 20:03   Link #19886
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Suzaku and Kallen had tons of chemistry.

Here's a link to the ship manifesto that lily_lily on livejournal wrote up: http://community.livejournal.com/shi...to/224412.html

Last edited by snowdevil_crow; 2009-06-04 at 20:03. Reason: fft lj-coding instead of as
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 20:03   Link #19887
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
for some strange reason
i get the feeling that its BECOUSE they BOTH arent likely to look for that kind of relationship
that they are the PERFECT candidates for such a relationship between them
both know that they dont love the other, and except that the other doesnt love them either
for some reason the idea of a relationship between them that STARTS OFF from that point, doesnt seem all that unlikely
suzaku's options in GENERAL are pretty much limited to either nunnaly or kallen
and if you follow the idea that he will always stay in love with euphie, then its hardly fair to nunnaly
and kallen isnt likely to be looking for anyone becouse
1)she still loves lelouch, and falling for anyone else would feel like betraying that love
2)going into a relationship with someone else when you KNOW that you could NEVER really love them back, isnt fair to the other person
so neither of them are likely to start questing for a new lovey dovey romance

if however the relationship is mostly comfort based
with BOTH sides of it respecting the fact that the other is in love with someone else (both of whom are dead) and always would be
then i dont think its that far fetched, or wrong in any real way
they are both human, and both have been through alot
why shouldnt they enjoy some comfort when they both know that thats ALL it is in the end
Kallen's tongue-potential-sex-drive was only initiated by Lelouch, i do not think someone else can click up this side to her. It is fiction, certain devices apply to certain charas. And i do not think Suzaku would be a comfort-beast either. XD
Unless you want to have a derailed mutual involvement, even if we discuss something totally speculative, then that one is totally out for both of them.
Also, it would downgrade both of them don;t you think?

"Ok, Suzaku put out your clothes quick."
"Ah, Kallen hold on, it is hard, Zero clothes are a lot difficult to get them out."
"......wanna do it another day? I can look all day Lelouch's picture, you know i love doing that."
"Ah, ok, sure. I will go to Euphie's grave as well. We can have this some other day, ne? ^_^"
"Yeeeep."

Lol, does not work either way. XDD

Old 2009-06-04, 20:13   Link #19888
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
For all i know, there might be a Kagino scan tomorrow so i can get back to my raging. Life is full of possibilities afterall. XD
Anything but that.

Kallen falling for Gino would just be too wrong considering her character. I 've always said it would make Kallen falling in love with any guy out there who thinks she's hot(Heck, he showed her disrespect during the show). Besides their interaction in the last PD was very similar to her interaction with Tamaki during S1&R2.

About Suzaku and Kallen. I think they can become close. (Unlike Gino, during S1 he didn't want Kallen to fight at all whereas Gino wanted Kallen to betray the BK to live an good life aka become a KOR). Suzaku can't really talk to many people anyway. Romantically, I don't know. He did kill Lelouch after all. Falling for the man who killed the love of her life?

Future romance speculation for Kallen. I just point to turn 21 what Kallen said to herself. Even before she realized she did love him.
Old 2009-06-04, 20:15   Link #19889
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

thats if you think of "comfot" in the sexual context ONLY
while i DO think that such a relationship would have a sexual component to it
it would by no means be LIMITED to it
comfort is having someone to talk to like a real person rather then as a masked character
having someone who would listen to you bitch about having a bad day at the "running the world"meeting
its someone who would stay up till 3AM to talk to you on the phone when you fail an importent test becouse the teacher hates you
someone who would hug you and tell you that its ok, when you feel like the world is just to heavy a burden to bare
someone who would tell you to suck it up and just tell gino to fuck off already
someone who would tell you that they understand how you feel when the holiday that marks lelouch's death comes along and the entire world is out partying while your in pain over it

a relationship is about MORE then JUST the sex
and i think that they could have such a relationship with ease
and yes, there would probably also be a sexual element to it
but it would be ONE of its elements, not the ONLY one
Old 2009-06-04, 20:20   Link #19890
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Anything but that.

Kallen falling for Gino would just be too wrong considering her character. I 've always said it would make Kallen falling in love with any guy out there who thinks she's hot(Heck, he showed her disrespect during the show). Besides their interaction in the last PD was very similar to her interaction with Tamaki during S1&R2.

About Suzaku and Kallen. I think they can become close. (Unlike Gino, during S1 he didn't want Kallen to fight at all whereas Gino wanted Kallen to betray the BK to live an good life aka become a KOR). Suzaku can't really talk to many people anyway. Romantically, I don't know. He did kill Lelouch after all. Falling for the man who killed the love of her life?

Future romance speculation for Kallen. I just point to turn 21 what Kallen said to herself. Even before she realized she did love him.
Lol, it is alright guys. We do not have to shoot already a totally beaten horse everytime. Let the poor horse rest in peace. (in b4 a scan will come out tomorrow and we all rage. XD)

And which line are you referring exactly? The angsty, she cannot take a move further if she does not take her reply, i mean sure, that was a powerful line but what does this have to do with Kallen's romantic or not future? Also, i think Kallen had realized she loved him on some level. The tongue kiss was just the affirmation of that. ah. XD

Quote:
comfort is having someone to talk to like a real person rather then as a masked character
having someone who would listen to you bitch about having a bad day at the "running the world"meeting
its someone who would stay up till 3AM to talk to you on the phone when you fail an importent test becouse the teacher hates you
someone who would hug you and tell you that its ok, when you feel like the world is just to heavy a burden to bare
someone who would tell you that they understand how you feel when the holiday that marks lelouch's death comes along and the entire world is out partying while your in pain over it

The whole show showed that Suzaku and Kallen do not collide no matter what. They had the best intents about Japan, both of them and even that powerful tie, never really bonded them for the reasons we know. Sorry, in my mind, Suzaku/Kallen would never, ever work. They can reach a level of understanding, but nothing more than this. I would say Kagino has more chances actually. Oh no wait, someone remind me not to bring up dead horses in my posts. XD
Anyway, sleep time now blade, we can speculate about it tomorrow.

Old 2009-06-04, 20:21   Link #19891
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

yeah
i kinda have to turn in too
see you tomorrow
Old 2009-06-04, 20:23   Link #19892
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Can we stop it with the KaGino hatred already? :P

Anyway, I could see Suzaku and Kallen having really awesome sex, which is part of why I ship them, but they also have a really interesting relationship otherwise, too. How neither of them really hates the other, but they still fight, and they disagree with one another's motives and beliefs but still (for the most part) respect them... they're bizarre honesty with one another, their ability to fight one another with all their strength and not hold back... <3
Old 2009-06-04, 20:24   Link #19893
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Lol, it is alright guys. We do not have to shoot already a totally beaten horse everytime. Let the poor horse rest in peace. (in b4 a scan will come out tomorrow and we all rage. XD)

And which line are you referring exactly? The angsty, she cannot take a move further if she does not take her reply, i mean sure, that was a powerful line but what does this have to do with Kallen's romantic or not future? Also, i think Kallen had realized she loved him on some level. The tongue kiss was just the affirmation of that. ah. XD
Just wanted to point out the difference between Suzaku and Gino as possibilities in my opinion. Given both characters interactions with Kallen.

That line just told myself that Lelouch meant too much and if she didn't receive an answer in some form. She wouldn't move on from Lelouch based on loyalty at that point before the kiss(I agree that Kallen had on some level realized she loved Lelouch before the kiss considering turn 19. Just with the kiss she truly knew it was the case) I just think it'll be hard for Kallen to see someone else in the same way. To be that devoted to someone else given Lelouch's impact on her life. Maybe if someone could remind her of brother or Lelouch.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-06-04 at 22:41.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 21:01   Link #19894
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
After Euphemia and Shirley, i was totally thinking that Kallen was going to die too at the end of the series.... It was a big shock for me to seeing her surviving, but, it was a big shock, hehe. After Kittan i'm traumatized with this stuff. I remember that i was waiting for him to reappear even at the prologue... but no.

And that's why i love the ending of Code Geass. It's totally unpredictable. I had a totally different idea of how the things were going to turn out.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 21:17   Link #19895
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
After Euphemia and Shirley, i was totally thinking that Kallen was going to die too at the end of the series.... It was a big shock for me to seeing her surviving, but, it was a big shock, hehe. After Kittan i'm traumatized with this stuff. I remember that i was waiting for him to reappear even at the prologue... but no.

And that's why i love the ending of Code Geass. It's totally unpredictable. I had a totally different idea of how the things were going to turn out.
Ah, Code Geass's totally throught me for a loop as far as character deaths. I thought so much more people were going to die during the final battle (I mean, hell, Xing-ke had a death flag the size of Texas!) I remember one poster speculating that, if the original R2 plans had stayed intact, there may have been a subplot with Kallen's father where he turned her to Britannia's side and thus it may have been more likely that she be killed.

But nah, O&T don't kill the kickass fighter girls, they only kill the only kill the sweet innocent ones .........................

All right, just 100 more posts people! C'mon you can do it!
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 21:26   Link #19896
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

If there's someone that i never thought it was going to die, it was Xing-ke. Why? Because he got animitis, you know, that disease that make an anime character, which is supposed to be the best among the best in the series, to cough blood and looks like it's tuberculosis, but never actually kill? Well, this kind of guy always survive till the end, showing that he can fight the horrible disease...

But Kallen? I mean, after the kiss i totally thought that this was the moment that a death flag appeared upon her. In mecha anime, a kiss is the announce of something bad, unless it's on the end of the series(and just because the writers can't screw with the characters after the credits anymore!).

Last edited by Kid Ying; 2009-06-04 at 21:36.
Old 2009-06-04, 21:52   Link #19897
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:

I'm with Blade on this. Not that Suzaku and Kallen would fall deeply in love, forget/replace their respective loved ones nor does it even need to happen. But I can see it, there's a definite foundation, a common ground based on war and lost loves. God only knows its much more realistic than some other stuff.

Actually from a fanfiction point of view it's got a lot of bittersweet potential. It's a little like that Meatloaf song

I want you, I need you
But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you
Now don't be sad
'Cause two out of three ain't bad
Now don't be sad

SuzakuXKallen cuz two out of three ain't bad.

Last edited by yvj; 2009-06-04 at 22:17.
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 22:02   Link #19898
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 22:05   Link #19899
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I'm with Blade and SonOf Heaven on this. Not that Suzaku and Kallen would fall deeply in love, forget/replace their respective loved ones nor does it even need to happen. But I can see it, there's a definite foundation, a common ground based on war and lost loves. God only knows its much more realistic than some other stuff.

Actually from a fanfiction point of view it's got a lot of bittersweet potential. It's a little like that Meatloaf song

I want you, I need you
But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you
Now don't be sad
Now don't be sad

I'm with all of you.

Though I'd say, given time, they could even grow to love each other (romantically, that is, as I'd say they already definitely care about one another as friends), eventually.
Old 2009-06-04, 22:10   Link #19900
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Well... I disagree with you all, sorry. Seeing the way the series ended for both of them, i can't see them getting together. Good friends? Okay, i'm totally into it, but lovers? No, it's too much. Maybe in a world where they never met Euphie and Lulu in the first place, hehe