AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-01-14, 03:39   Link #61
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Urusei Yatsura--very re-watchable, and there's a LOT of episodes to re-watch

Although almost every series I have I've watched more than once, so I guess I think they're all re-watchable...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 13:45   Link #62
gattz119
Inactive Member

Unhappy

i read the berserk and naruto manga when ever i am bored .. just go back to my fav parts and for berserk..well i read over and over again just waiting for the next issue to come out... am i the only one
gattz119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 18:24   Link #63
LuvMy2k1CamaroSS

Send a message via ICQ to LuvMy2k1CamaroSS
On Your Mark

The short piece by Miyazaki tells a beautiful and profound story of discovery and rescue that I never tire of seeing again and again as I've shown it to friends over the years. That this was never made into a film is truly a crime. The short is a true testament to the talent of Miyazaki as it tells it's story and absolutely captivates and moves you (at least it did me), in it's too-short running time.
Genius!
LuvMy2k1CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 19:03   Link #64
Goldenducky

Send a message via AIM to Goldenducky
i loved Cowboy Bebop and Berserk!!!

berserk really really super creeped me out in the end
very suppriseing
very shocking
but it still rocks every time i see it
Goldenducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 23:31   Link #65
Paper

Just for perspective, I've never seen a movie in a theatre more than once. I know a lot of people do see movies more than once. I guess I have less tollerance for repetativeness. So with that in mind, in no particular order, my list includes:

- On Your Mark (almost forgot about this one, even though I watch it every few months)

- Totoro

- Azumanga Diaoh

- Card Captor Sakura

- Sailor Moon (once a moonie, always a moonie)

- Lain

- Video Girl AI

hmm, I'd find a "Anime that you like that doesn't have any re-enjoyability" thread interesting, but I'm too lazy to make one :P
Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 14:47   Link #66
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Gundam 00 for me,though that's my personal choice and I'm sure alot of people would disagree.I enjoyed myself re-watching the episodes several a day and I'm not even a Gundam fan,usually,though it has not been that long since the anime series ended.

Others personal choices include Rockman.EXE and Ranma 1/2.
Old 2009-08-25, 15:54   Link #67
Nosauz

Lucky Star, samurai champloo, both because they really are more episodic, and champloo doesn't really ramp up till the last couple of episodes so it makes for a great show to just rewatch an episode or two at a time
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 16:53   Link #68
DoyleZombie
LIVE, HAVE FUN, DRAW.

I'd Rewatch DBZ, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzyimiya and Tokko
DoyleZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 18:38   Link #69
npcomplete

Video in general (except music videos) has very low rewatch value for me, in terms how often and how many times it can be watched over again. That said, I can watch anything I've enjoyed before after at least a year, most likely two+ years.

I don't like to rewatch anything that's still fresh in my mind.
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 19:58   Link #70
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

More thread necromancy it appears.

Shows I've rewatched recently include Twelve Kingdoms, Kure-nai, Seirei no Moribito, Oh! Edo Rocket, and currently Dennou Coil. I'm getting ready for a third or fourth viewing of Bartender. I'll probably take on Monster again in the next few months.

Most any show I've really enjoyed I find worth re-watching. You can often see precursors to later plot developments that passed you by the first time through. I usually find I can pay more attention to the animation and voice acting in repeat viewing. Having seen the story already makes it easier to focus on the show itself and less on the subtitles.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 20:21   Link #71
Dextro
He Without a Title

So, for me:
- Lain
- Evangelion, End of Evangelion (yes, I like that movie!)
- FLCL
- Cowboy Bebop (series & movie)
- Trigun
- Dragonball Z
- Excel Saga

And I'm pretty sure I'll rewatch some other as the years passes since my first viewing but so far these are the ones that have actually made me go and rewatch them. Code Geass is probably a good candidate to get in the list as is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan and School Rumble.

But eva and lain are my favourites... especially if I rewatch then at the same time as a mate of mine and we end up spending hours talking about the shows hehe :P

Last edited by Dextro; 2009-08-25 at 21:03. Reason: typo... must get sleep!
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 20:54   Link #72
DidCart

Well... I love to re-watch Genshiken from times to times.
Every time I watch it I notice something new.
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 22:41   Link #73
Echoes

Typically good comedies are great to rewatch, since you just enjoy an episode here and there without much time investment and need to keep track of the continuity. It's also less damaging to the enjoyment that you know what's going to happen. At least that's how it works for me; I can enjoy a good joke or humorous situation over and over again.

Some of my favorite comedies are School Rumble, Seto no Hanayome and Great Teacher Onizuka.

I also make a habit of watching Evangelion roughly once a year; I find very much enjoyment in rewatching it every time. The same goes for other deep (or supposedly deep, YMMV) and meaningful animes, such as Haibane Renmei, Kino no Tabi and Mushishi.

Lastly, I never tire of the first season of Haruhi. Watching this is a pure joy on every level, and my heart will always have a soft-spot for that show.
Old 2009-08-26, 00:28   Link #74
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is something I've watched inside and out back when it aired on Adult Swim (And I actually bothered with watching Adult Swim), though I think 2nd GIG is more enjoyable than the first season...

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are both ever enjoyable...You can pop any random DVD in the set and watch any random episode and you're guaranteed a feel-good time...Or you can watch the entire set once a week for even healthier results...

FLCL is also very high on repeated enjoyability due to it's short 6-episode stature...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 02:34   Link #75
solomon

Oldstand bys Bebop, FLCL, EVA

Old school; Dirty Pair, Lupin

Newest; Bakemonogatari, Welcome to the NHK, Gintama
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 04:42   Link #76
Somnium
Cogito, ergo sum

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning..
Send a message via ICQ to Somnium Send a message via Yahoo to Somnium
Yu-Gi-Oh(In my opinion)
Pretear
Full Metal Panic
Gundam Seed
Junni Kokki
Hellsing
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Vampire Princess Miyu
Angelic Layer
Flame of Recca
Yu yu Hakusho
Nana
Vampire Knight/Guilty
Chobits
X/1999
etc...
Somnium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 06:36   Link #77
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
It never gets old rewatch the following animes IMHO:
-Akagi
-Kaiji
-Berserk
-Legend of the Galactic Heroes
-Azumanga Daioh
-Victorian Romance Emma
-Utena
-Pani Poni Dash
-Mushishi
-Kino no Tabi
-Original Gundam
-Ghibli movies, specially Laputa and Nausicaa

There are some others, but this is my basic list of occasional rewatch.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 10:40   Link #78
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Haibane Renmei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
(posted on Mar 6, 2007)

I first watched Haibane Renmei in September, 2004, at a time when I really needed a show like that.

Since then, I've watched the complete series 57 times, written a massive fanfic based on it (my first novel), a couple of short stories (backstories for Reki and Kana) and recorded an (admittedly rough) album based on it (called Wings of Gray).

I consider Haibane Renmei not only my favorite anime of all time, but my favorite visual art production of all time. The show has opened creative doors for me I never imagined possible.

So, I suppose you could say I'm something of a fan.
Myself? I've never kept count, but even if I did, I'd have lost track a long time ago.

Watching Haibane Renmei feels almost like a spiritual experience. Every iteration brings up something new that I might not have noticed before. This series never fails to lift my mood, reminding me of what it means to be alive.

So, like Majic, I'm also something of a fan of this highly rewatchable show.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 17:08   Link #79
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Rewatching Evangelion is a like a rite of passage so it's a good thing I enjoy it so much

I find theme heavy series (such as Mushishi and Haibane Renmei) pack the most re-enjoyablity for me. The more times I watch them the more I appreciate the deep meanings they convey. As far as series that don't depend on that criteria that depends on how much I enjoyed them overall but rewatching them usually don't leave the same kind of impression as the last time I viewed them. However, if the plot was very hard to follow at the beginning during my first watch it's quite beneficial to rewatch it a second time and fully grasp everything that's going on. Such was the case for me and Baccano!.
Karlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 06:29   Link #80
stubby42

Clannad and huaruhi are the two most recent ones but digimon 01 and 02 will always have a place in my heart.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote