AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-03, 12:50   Link #381
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
The manga gave some hints about that in chapter...79, I think? Clare smiles() when she finds Raki is still alive and looks deceptioned when she hears about the little girl he has tagging along. Even Helen said that that was it for casual talk.
Oh yeah! I remember that scene. From bedroom eyes to "What the hell! He cheated on me!".
Old 2010-02-03, 12:50   Link #382
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
OK Thanks So , Clare anime roxx more than Clare Manga if Clare Manga killed Rigaldo with her "almost form" (cuz she's not in Full form )
There is no difference. The only difference is production time, air time, and other stuff that does not affect the story. Manga is canon.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:51   Link #383
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
When did I say people can't go through emotional sequences? See Raki.

I can agree she was scared, but the next part is where you/Gooral and I disagree.
You read " I'm scared [of Teresa]"
I read "I'm scared [I'm on my knees and about to die]"

Teresa showed mercy, it is the next action that I feel changes the context of that scene. Priscilla get's back up and attacks Teresa again. That would just make it some on an off switch (sequence of emotions right?). I'll try to clarify.

Based on what Gooral said it went like this.
Priscilla: I'm afraid-->Teresa shows mercy--> I am so crazy, yet terrified so I go fight the object of my terror again. Does that mean Priscilla was facing her fears then?

The way I see it is
Priscilla: I'm afraid--> Teresa shows mercy ---> Priscilla get's upset over the insult "come as many times as you want, I'll just strike you down" + her own fanatical beliefs---> Goes after Teresa to finish the fight. I really over generalized the last few points, but I am short on time so I'll have to make this quick as possible.

Priscilla did two things. She chased Teresa down by herself (no support). Released her yoki, which she had up until then never released. I see the word "terrified" more in line with cowardice. Running after the object of one's supposed terror, seems like neither cowardice or being terrified. If Prisicilla was a little afraid of Teresa, fine, but not terrified enough since she confronted Teresa again. See may have been crazy, but terrified? I am still not convinced.

I missed a bunch of points, but I really have to go. I know I missed Gooral's comment, and the part about Prisiclla's awakening, but I'll have to get back to that later. My apologies you two. I do like the discussion though. I'll try to fix any unclear parts of my post later. Have a nice day.
I think Priscilla was afraid of Teresa/Teresa's power. She was only able to go after Teresa after she went crazy. "Why did you kill mama, ext , ext".
She went crazy before she awaken.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:55   Link #384
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
What's with this whole "Claymore world doesn't center around Raki"

You think people don't know that? Doesn't make her words any less disappointing.

As for whether or not their relationship IS romantic, I've been back and forth about it. I couldn't care less though if she had feelings for him, I don't see the big deal.

All this "shota-con" stuff people keep saying is kind of silly really . I remember going into this indepth conversation with Revan once about love, and I don't see what the big deal is. We don't even know if it qualifies as "illicit" or anything because we don't have a clear idea how old Claire and Raki are, especially the former(though it looks like her physical age is still the same as her actual age).

So what if Claire does, or did, have feelings for him? How does that ruin her image?
shieky, you do realized, you just reinforced your lolicon reputation.

Quote:
Never remember you writing that.

I wouldn't jump the gun though and say that though; Cid said that he was travelling with a little girl and said plainly that Raki said it wasn't his own. Seems a bit too much of a reach that he's got the whole wife and kids thing when he's looking around for Claire. Why on earth is he traveling around with his little kid and possibly putting her in significant danger instead of leaving her home with her mother?
---

Gooral, I'm not ignorant; I'm aware of the whole L/R thing. It's just silly because all it took was one look at any other chapter to see how the name was translated.

Whatever, this issue has gone on for too long ......but I do find it interesting that Raki means "crayfish" in Polish
I just brought that possibility up earlier in this very thread? And if I remember correctly, didn't Cid also say he didn't buy that? Or what makes you think that someone else wouldn't think that upon hearing that, that Raki was lying about Prissy not being her daughter. Others have mentioned how disappointed Clare looked upon the news. Why on earth would Teresa and Clare go traveling around with a little kid? It would be a reach too just to assume what you have as logic, when there could be a good reason and it has happened twice before.
Old 2010-02-03, 12:56   Link #385
Gooral
Banned

@Nixl
So she was scared of what Teresa would do to her but not of Teresa? I don't think I can buy that. So to a girl you would also say: I don't like you, I like what you do to me?
Old 2010-02-03, 13:02   Link #386
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
I think she was scared of Teresa, with all the questioning of why can't I beat her. I'd also have to look how Teresa is drawn in that scene from a Prissy POV. I know in the anime Teresa is drawn in such a way as an unstoppable bringer of doom for prissy, but I don't remember the manga art as well. But I think what both me and Goral see, what you don't seem to be seeing, is that at that moment Prissily snapped and went insane. So for you to say, well look she went after Teresa right afterwards, seems to be ignoring the whole she was off her rocker at the time thing.
Old 2010-02-03, 13:04   Link #387
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
I just brought that possibility up earlier in this very thread? And if I remember correctly, didn't Cid also say he didn't buy that? Or what makes you think that someone else wouldn't think that upon hearing that, that Raki was lying about Prissy not being her daughter. Others have mentioned how disappointed Clare looked upon the news. Why on earth would Teresa and Clare go traveling around with a little kid? It would be a reach too just to assume what you have as logic, when there could be a good reason and it has happened twice before.
The problem is everything is possible. Until it's fact it'll be logic and theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@Nixl
So she was scared of what Teresa would do to her but not of Teresa? I don't think I can buy that. So to a girl you would also say: I don't like you, I like what you do to me?
That can happen though.
Old 2010-02-03, 13:07   Link #388
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The problem is everything is possible. Until it's fact it'll be logic and theory.

That can happen though.
Not a problem at all when it is used to counter the whole Clare is being a bitch for not loving Raki argument. All I have to do is point out that other possibilities exist to show that people are rushing to judgment.
Old 2010-02-03, 13:10   Link #389
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2601

So be it, because I honestly don't care. If a relationship like Claire's and Raki's is seen as "socially unacceptable" or something like that, I honestly do not share that view.

I do want to mention however that when I wrote that, I brought up the ages in both a real life sense and for the manga; we don't know how old Raki is, so try not to see the ages I wrote(15, 10-14) as contradictory.

Quote:
Must have been one of those posts I missed when I was sleeping; hard to keep up.

So what you're saying is, Claire thinks Raki betrayed her?

What a soap-opera this is becoming

You know what...I honestly think Claire's words are bull. We all know how many times, she says one thing and does another(rescuing Renee for one). She puts on a show for everybody to hide how she really is inside.

When she meets Raki...I don't think she'll just say goodbye and runoff. Just thinking about it seems kind of silly. She'll want to hear about everything that's happened to him(this little girl for one), and vice-versa, and if she does say she wants to leave...Raki won't, because he's Raki. I mean, she's been wanting to leave him plenty of times in the past, and he still ended up tagging along

Of course, all this is hypothetical now since the next time we see Raki, he'll probably be a different person.
Old 2010-02-03, 13:31   Link #390
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I´ve been thinking and thinking until something of a "popup" came.

There is one, the chosen one, capable of overthrowing Priscilla. If given the enough time, she could even surpass Priscilla`s strenght as a Claymore.

The current number 4, Miata. This is cannon, actually.

However, is it worth the sacrifice? If such being awakened, no woman in the world would be safe from Miata`s thirst!
Old 2010-02-03, 13:34   Link #391
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
I´ve been thinking and thinking until something of a "popup" came.

There is one, the chosen one, capable of overthrowing Priscilla. If given the enough time, she could even surpass Priscilla`s strenght as a Claymore.

The current number 4, Miata. This is cannon, actually.

However, is it worth the sacrifice? If such being awakened, no woman in the world would be safe from Miata`s thirst!
How Defiled One?

We know Miata is capable of becoming a Number 1.....so what? That doesn't mean she would be any stronger then any of the Abyssals.

Just look at Riful just now.
Old 2010-02-03, 13:35   Link #392
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Something about the keeper, got me tingling. Maybe a first impression considering that the trainers often experiment with power levels.
Old 2010-02-03, 13:39   Link #393
Creangeru
posting in a retarded way

Quote:
@Nixl
If I use other words for your girl line, it would say: You are ugly, but the sex will be/was great!

Not so uncommon in today's world, don't you think?

On a sidenote: Why do people have so much to discuss about the wounds Clare got? If you keenly look at what is shown, then there is just one answer.
The whole who cut her up is resolved like this:
Spoiler:

Why do Clare's wounds look like AB wounds? Is really Raciella the cause of all this?
Old 2010-02-03, 13:49   Link #394
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Why do Clare's wounds look like AB wounds? Is really Raciella the cause of all this?
It's not necessarily "AB wounds" - that's just how wounds are often portrayed in this story is all. Big chunks of a person is missing and they are litterally falling apart.

Much more effective then seeing blood dripping down from a gaping hole in my opinion.
Old 2010-02-03, 13:50   Link #395
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Must have been one of those posts I missed when I was sleeping; hard to keep up.

So what you're saying is, Claire thinks Raki betrayed her?

What a soap-opera this is becoming
No, I don't think anybody has betrayed anybody in the triangular relationship yet. But she may have been hurt to learn that Raki has moved on and has a life now. Its sorta like her thinking that she is going to meet Raki again, thinking he is still the same boy, and that they will travel together again, only to find out that Raki may have been married by then and may have a child, so that ends all those fantasies right there. Harsh Reality, people age and grow up in seven years, things can never be the same. D

Quote:
You know what...I honestly think Claire's words are bull. We all know how many times, she says one thing and does another(rescuing Renee for one). She puts on a show for everybody to hide how she really is inside.
I think they were bull too. She did plan to eventually fight Prissy though. She hadn't dropped that when she was traveling with Raki, and Raki wouldn't have then objected to it as long as he got to die next to her. What a morbid relationship those two have. D

Quote:
Of course, all this is hypothetical now since the next time we see Raki, he'll probably be a different person.
Clare: Is that a spear growing out of you, or are you just happy to see me?
Old 2010-02-03, 13:54   Link #396
Creangeru
posting in a retarded way

Quote:
It's not necessarily "AB wounds" - that's just how wounds are often portrayed in this story is all. Big chunks of a person is missing and they are litterally falling apart.

Much more effective then seeing blood dripping down from a gaping hole in my opinion.
But the only wounds of that kind are shown on ABs. If a "normal" Claymore gets wounded she normally has round/oval wounds. Like pierced flesh. Clare's were more square-cut. Miata's wounds she got from Agatha also weren't in chunk form.
The only non-AB we have seen so far, who is crumbling or falling apart as you worded it, is Cynthia. Not a very good example and a very recent one, if I may say so.
Old 2010-02-03, 14:07   Link #397
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creangeru View Post
But the only wounds of that kind are shown on ABs. If a "normal" Claymore gets wounded she normally has round/oval wounds. Like pierced flesh. Clare's were more square-cut. Miata's wounds she got from Agatha also weren't in chunk form.
The only non-AB we have seen so far, who is crumbling or falling apart as you worded it, is Cynthia. Not a very good example and a very recent one, if I may say so.
Clare getting hurt like that is odd. The wounds have not always been like that. But I think the weird shaped wound is just from Priscilla's attack.

And Cynthia didn't crumble apart. Overlooked by most of us, myself included, was that she shield Yuma from Alicia's (or was it Beth's? lol) attack. Her arm was probably hanging on by a ligament.
Old 2010-02-03, 14:49   Link #398
Nixl

Quote:
@Nixl
I took longer than I thought I would, but I hope I didn't miss much.

I think the main problem stems with how either of us perceived Priscilla(pre-awakening).

I assumed she had a fanatical and fatalistic twinged to her. As in "justice always prevails, heroes don't die to villains, etc" I don't have better way to articulate that thought at the moment. When she fought Teresa and lost, her belief system was shattered. Furthermore, she was about to die(until T showed mercy). That is why I think she started to revert, the beliefs she held on to were destroyed since Teresa did not conform to them. I would still say that was fear of death alongside the the loss of motivation/belief. She was certainly afraid to die, but I think her ultimate feelings for Teresa were disgust and hatred for destroyer her justice fantasy, not terror.

The scene where she releases her yoki and storms off to find Teresa I thought was a last ditch attempt by Priscilla to save her view of justice. By throwing everything she had to defeat Teresa (the "villain") she could save her "justice." Kind of a religious extremism or zeal. I think the reversion was the ideological shock, not fear. Priscilla was probably crazy before then.

Gooral, the best way I can say it is. If someone is pointing a gun at you, is the immediate thought(or even fear) over one's own life, or the person holding the gun. Which comes first? Your life, or the person in front of you? If you picked the person, could you see yourself then rushing towards them for a fight, even if you fear them that greatly? Once Teresa walked off, the pressure was released and Priscilla rushed off for another chance to kill Teresa.
Old 2010-02-03, 14:52   Link #399
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I think they were bull too. She did plan to eventually fight Prissy though. She hadn't dropped that when she was traveling with Raki, and Raki wouldn't have then objected to it as long as he got to die next to her. What a morbid relationship those two have. D
I think Claire was just "in the zone" - she was so, understandably this time, into what was going on and what she was about to do, that she really didn't care or notice what was coming out of her mouth. Wouldn't be the first time.

It makes sense when you think about how she was as angry as we expected her to be. Instead of just going "RARRRRRR", she basically was "what'eva, what'eva, I do what I want" and no excuse, even Raki, could get her out of it .

In a way, the accident was sort of a mental slap, since it was the only thing that could snap her out of it. Essentially the same thing as, Galatea or Irene ramming her head down, so she shuts up and realizes what she's doing .

Quote:
Roflmao, it's been a long time since you said that
Old 2010-02-03, 14:56   Link #400
zato_1one

I don't think there is such differentiate between Claymore wound and AB wound.

I suppose this is one of the most serious wound in the series.
Spoiler for size: