AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-04, 08:26   Link #461
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Not only Clare, but why she let every little girl live..
She ate little girls in the village the org found Raki in, the keyword being that Raki is the only survivor (The org would of mentioned any little girls found)
Old 2010-02-04, 08:46   Link #462
rampantsmurf

Hm Raki was the sole survivor of the rods... that is all. As far as we all know Priscilla could have killed them all when they awakened/turned to protect Raki.
Old 2010-02-04, 08:48   Link #463
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
She ate little girls in the village the org found Raki in, the keyword being that Raki is the only survivor (The org would of mentioned any little girls found)
In Volume 8 when Riful first met Clare she told Clare about Priscilla when she went on a rampage before meeting Isley. Riful spoke of Priscilla killing everyone but little girls in each of the villages she fed on. So the question was did she not kill them because of Clare or because of herself?
Old 2010-02-04, 09:11   Link #464
rampantsmurf

I think cuz of herself. She was the sole survivor out of her family(little girl) so she could be repeating her past, but its her that is the monster.
Old 2010-02-04, 10:14   Link #465
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
One other thing people are not mentioning much. After Clare mentions Raki by name, Priscilla has no speaking lines until Clare transforms.
It's quite possible that Priscilla did notice Raki being mentioned, but has not had the chance to bring it up yet.
That's what I think to be honest; she simply didn't hear it because she's too busy focusing on this stranger in front of her.

---

Priscilla was unable to protect Raki in the town; The Rod-monsters split into more rods, which shoot more rods....remember, her body is not indestructible and capable of getting pierced, it's not like she can just stand in front of him. She was eventually overwhelmed.
Old 2010-02-04, 10:36   Link #466
MichaelAngelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
That's what I think to be honest; she simply didn't hear it because she's too busy focusing on this stranger in front of her.

---

Priscilla was unable to protect Raki in the town; The Rod-monsters split into more rods, which shoot more rods....remember, her body is not indestructible and capable of getting pierced, it's not like she can just stand in front of him. She was eventually overwhelmed.
But what I honestly assume is that Raki is no longer of intention to Priscilla. She couldn't devour Raki for the purpose of leading her to the origin of the scent. I even take it that since their meeting, what really mattered was the scen t in him and not Raki himself, that is why she was very good to him.
Old 2010-02-04, 10:59   Link #467
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo View Post
But what I honestly assume is that Raki is no longer of intention to Priscilla. She couldn't devour Raki for the purpose of leading her to the origin of the scent. I even take it that since their meeting, what really mattered was the scen t in him and not Raki himself, that is why she was very good to him.
She might now remember that it wasn't Raki she was after but the scent on him.
Old 2010-02-04, 11:13   Link #468
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Yes she is, and she is also so fragile, she is ready to throw away everyone and everything, including her humanity. She makes lies when people ask if she wants to save someone. She nearly awakens under simple taunts.

She's tough, but it's also pretty easy to punch her buttons.
She has her goal and she is ready to sacrifice her humanity for it. I would call that determination.
I wouldn't call that fragile and irene has the same impression of clare as i have because she called her fit for battle but herself not despite having an A in mentality.
And she wasn't forced to choose between her friends life and priscilla's death. So we can not say what her decision will be in that case. Instead she warned helen and deneve to leave.
"simple taunts" is probably the wrong word here. Riful did not know that mentioning priscilla would make clare go berserk. To clare those aren't "simple taunts". Galatea used this phrase but little did she know...
Old 2010-02-04, 11:22   Link #469
rampantsmurf

So your saying Priscilla who can Crush a Giant Rod with 1 hand... take off Alicias head...got ovewhelmed by what she would call ' weak little babies?' i dont think so, and i doubt she would just stand in front of him and let them attack her.
But if you are correct then what killed them all? Raki? yet he didnt get overwhelmed? u.u

~

For the above post, i agree she is not fragile. I believe that Clare doesnt like spotlight being on her. She likes to flly under the radar. You can see this when she fought Flaura, seeing whom had the better skill. She is also Private, she doesnt like to talk about her past experiences and those who are important to her( Teresa/Priscilla/ Raki )
Old 2010-02-04, 11:24   Link #470
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo View Post
I would be VERY surprised if Raki was able to stop Priscilla now, especially now that she is more lucid and regained her adult mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampantsmurf View Post
So your saying Priscilla who can Crush a Giant Rod with 1 hand... take off Alicias head...got ovewhelmed by what she would call ' weak little babies?' i dont think so..
But if you are correct then what killed them all? Raki? yet he didnt get overwhelmed? u.u
That was BEFORE Priscilla met Isley.
Old 2010-02-04, 11:29   Link #471
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:

---

Oh she heard it. Seems like people expect some kind of melodramatic moment where prissy is supposed to do a bit of overacting, exclaim Raki name a few times and send Clare into shock by the mention.

The reality is that Prissy has her Battle/Poker face on. Obviously, people here don't have fighitng smarts.
Old 2010-02-04, 12:09   Link #472
rampantsmurf

Quote:
That was BEFORE Priscilla met Isley.
Hm what was?
My comment which u quoted was a comment regarding "Priscilla was unable to protect Raki in the town; The Rod-monsters split into more rods, which shoot more rods....remember, her body is not indestructible and capable of getting pierced, it's not like she can just stand in front of him. She was eventually overwhelmed. "

~

Lol gangsta Priscillas Poker face is flawless(at the moment) she looks like shes bored, half asleep and just doing every action with ease.
Old 2010-02-04, 12:10   Link #473
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Why on earth would you guys believe Claire has more then one personality? 0_o

We know Priscilla does; she's the only one, but Claire? 0_0

It never really did; we wouldn't have been introduced to so many recurring characters if it was just about them.

This isn't Claremore, her role as "protagonist" is little more then technical.
Yeah, I think people are going overboard with the Clare Personalties thing. But you do know that Clare has two personalities right? The one on the surface that we know, and the one underneath that Galatea and Irene have mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
or he was the only little girl in the village.
Old 2010-02-04, 12:31   Link #474
MalakTawus

Claire has only one personality.No doubt about it.
Do you even know what it means to have different personalities?
And btw what you call an underneath personality (the one mentioned by Irene and Galatea),isn't a different one,it's just the hidden part of her only personality.
Old 2010-02-04, 12:44   Link #475
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampantsmurf View Post
Hm what was?
My comment which u quoted was a comment regarding "Priscilla was unable to protect Raki in the town; The Rod-monsters split into more rods, which shoot more rods....remember, her body is not indestructible and capable of getting pierced, it's not like she can just stand in front of him. She was eventually overwhelmed. "
I misread. My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Claire has only one personality.No doubt about it.
Do you even know what it means to have different personalities?
And btw what you call an underneath personality (the one mentioned by Irene and Galatea),isn't a different one,it's just the hidden part of her only personality.
Some people need to go read Change 123.
Old 2010-02-04, 13:16   Link #476
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

Quote:
Some people need to go read Change 123.
I did
Gangsta recommended it to me, and it's great

I wish Clare could change into Mikiri or Fujiko
Old 2010-02-04, 13:31   Link #477
Joe_fh

I don't think Clare has multiple presonalities because Teresa and Rafaela are in her. I mean she absorbed their memories and basically knows everything they knew but that could only influence her own personality - nothing more. If indeed she had multiple personalities we'll be seing Teresa in Clare's body kicking Prissy's but or somthing similar which IMO would be kind of annoying and stupid considering the whole setting up till now. These characters played their parts and they are now dead - sure their influence on the story is far from over but regarding their personalities - they should be gone in the sense of "having multiple personalites".

And about Clare's own personality - Yes she is putting up a strong facade in front of most characters and hiding her true feelings and thoughts for the most part. I wouldn't call that having multiple personalities cause if I did almost everyone would have one and it's a psychiatric diagnosis and is going way too far. Maybe others mean something different by "multiple personalites" but when you say that this is how I see it.
Old 2010-02-04, 13:55   Link #478
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I did
Gangsta recommended it to me, and it's great

I wish Clare could change into Mikiri or Fujiko
Good to hear! Anyone else who hasn't read it - do so now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
I don't think Clare has multiple presonalities because Teresa and Rafaela are in her. I mean she absorbed their memories and basically knows everything they knew but that could only influence her own personality - nothing more. If indeed she had multiple personalities we'll be seing Teresa in Clare's body kicking Prissy's but or somthing similar which IMO would be kind of annoying and stupid considering the whole setting up till now. These characters played their parts and they are now dead - sure their influence on the story is far from over but regarding their personalities - they should be gone in the sense of "having multiple personalites".

And about Clare's own personality - Yes she is putting up a strong facade in front of most characters and hiding her true feelings and thoughts for the most part. I wouldn't call that having multiple personalities cause if I did almost everyone would have one and it's a psychiatric diagnosis and is going way too far. Maybe others mean something different by "multiple personalites" but when you say that this is how I see it.
Since when does Clare have Teresa's memory and knowledge?
Old 2010-02-04, 14:15   Link #479
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo
Mmm....that's hard to say, to be honest. I think the dominant personality we see here right now, that is more likely. The other....not so sure.

Problem with her, is that it gets complicated since we constantly have to look at things depending on which side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine
She has her goal and she is ready to sacrifice her humanity for it. I would call that determination.
I wouldn't call that fragile and irene has the same impression of clare as i have because she called her fit for battle but herself not despite having an A in mentality.
And she wasn't forced to choose between her friends life and priscilla's death. So we can not say what her decision will be in that case. Instead she warned helen and deneve to leave.
"simple taunts" is probably the wrong word here. Riful did not know that mentioning priscilla would make clare go berserk. To clare those aren't "simple taunts". Galatea used this phrase but little did she know...
*shrug, you say tomato, I say to-ma-to. To me, Claire is very straightforward and aggressive, and is easy to rile her up. Her greatest strength is also her greatest weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta
Oh she heard it. Seems like people expect some kind of melodramatic moment where prissy is supposed to do a bit of overacting, exclaim Raki name a few times and send Clare into shock by the mention.

The reality is that Prissy has her Battle/Poker face on. Obviously, people here don't have fighitng smarts.
How do you know she heard it? Your theory seems kind of a stretch.

The melodramatic response...that seemed the most likely to occur. It just feels more likely that she simpy never heard her say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampertsmurf
So your saying Priscilla who can Crush a Giant Rod with 1 hand... take off Alicias head...got ovewhelmed by what she would call ' weak little babies?' i dont think so, and i doubt she would just stand in front of him and let them attack her.
The personality we see from her right now is much more aggressive then the passive one from before.

Their's also the strong possibility that Raki wanted to fight the monster on his own and tell her to get back....he was trying to STOP her from fighting, remember?
Old 2010-02-04, 14:57   Link #480
anselfir
Style άber Alles

the most likely development would be a transformation in priscilla, so that the fight gets a premature end. the power level gap is too gigantic to be overcome within one fight.