AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-02, 12:18   Link #101
Nixl

I am actually really happy about this chapter, since it dispelled a lot of the worries I had over the next few chapters.

1. Priscilla probably will not die due to Claire pulling out some powerlevel-hax. At least there is a reason to like Jean (okay I am exaggerating).

2. Deneve and Helen using their heads (using the hellcat spikes, etc) and using the destroyer to annoy Priscilla rather than pulling any techniques out of no where.

3. Although short, Yuma's dialogue was actually very nice since it had something to say about the Ghosts (would it be strange call it family-like?).

4. It also seems Helen and Deneve were a little hurt /betrayed by Claire's actions (Helen: "to save that monster" pg 13). However, that could be interpreted as sarcasm, calling back to the conversation Helen and Deneve had over if Miria and Claire were in a fight who would win. ] <---mistranslation from what Yoko Takeo said.

5. I would like to see where Raki is coming along, I just hope he does not die, else the manga would lose another perspective to coin in on.

Last edited by Nixl; 2010-03-02 at 12:34.
Old 2010-03-02, 12:28   Link #102
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
4. It also seems Helen and Deneve were a little hurt /betrayed by Claire's actions (Helen: "to save that monster" pg 13). However, that could be interpreted as sarcasm, calling back to the conversation Helen and Deneve had over if Miria and Claire were in a fight who would win.
I thought that was a mistake in the translations and that what Helen was actually meant to say was "save her from that monster"
Old 2010-03-02, 12:33   Link #103
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I thought that was a mistake in the translations and that what Helen was actually meant to say was "save her from that monster"
I'll keep that in mind, thanks Yoko. I wonder other possible mistranslations my post is based off of, ugh.
Old 2010-03-02, 12:40   Link #104
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Actually, here is the original Japanese word:
楔 (くさび) :: wedge | link pin

It is true that it is a shamelessly bad job to miss such an obvious translation error when you're inserting it into the text. Does anyone know whether they actually did proofread anything?
There has to be zero proofreading here. There are obvious mistakes and misspellings. I'd rather them take an extra few days and do it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Oh definitely Priscilla; I doubt she has any clothes left anymore
LMFAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Deneve's whole spiel is all mixed up. I am hoping someone else scanlates this.
Old 2010-03-02, 12:56   Link #105
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The title is named "wedge" but isn't what Claire placed in her consciousness a "barrier" rather than that?

And w00t for Dietrich!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-03-02, 13:24   Link #106
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The title is named "wedge" but isn't what Claire placed in her consciousness a "barrier" rather than that?

And w00t for Dietrich!
"Barrier" works very good! A lot better than wedge.
Old 2010-03-02, 13:25   Link #107
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

I too wonder what that piece of Cloth Dietrich has is. It could be a cape fragment is supose.
Too bad Cynthia didn't lose a little more of her outfit. No, get your minds out of the gutter. The reason I say that is a little more and we would have seen her stomach, and maybe found out what the stigmata on a Claymore looks like.
Seems like we had a few shots focusing on asses this chapter. At least Deneve and Dietrich had one each.
Nice touch with Yuma going through how all her comrades would react to her learning those skills. It's rather touching to see her start crying because she won't get to see them again.
Another nice touch was Cynthia's being upset she couldn't move. I figure she wanted to go help Yuma, but can't, and that torments her.
Those Hellcats were lucky they imobilized Yuma's arm. Clearly she was about to Yumapunch them all to oblivion.

Last edited by Negativedark; 2010-03-02 at 13:27. Reason: added Yumapunch.
Old 2010-03-02, 13:48   Link #108
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Uma did handle things nicely. I thought Cynthia had lost more clothing in the fight though, like a whole sleeve and all. I'll have to go back.

But yeah, go Uma!!
Old 2010-03-02, 13:52   Link #109
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
"Barrier" works very good! A lot better than wedge.
As far as I know, PE/TSD (Post Embitterment/Traumatic Stress Disorder) that causes phobia involves the sufferer to put mental "barriers" inside his/her head, not wedges. I think it is more of a direct translation instead of what Yagi was trying to put forward....he ran out of words.

I'd hate to see Dietrich die or get controlled in the next chapter. She is the cutest-looking Claymore with her twintails <3 (a shared opinion unless you are a lolicon ).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-03-02, 14:16   Link #110
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

This is not against wells chinese - japanese - english translation. I hopep that francky house would use a translation from an japanese raw or will replace it with a good translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Your going to love this... Frankyhouse has done it again. They thought this was a Japanese to English translation and they made a Scanlation out of it. I guess they missed the statement at the top of his post clearly stating this wasn't a direct translation of the RAW

To make matters worse they sourced as AnimeSuki as the translator... sorry Weils you got no mention. This is the second time they've done this in my memory since they did this with Chapter 98 too... except the that time they misspelled AnimeSuki as AnimeYuki
There are a lot of things in this translation i don't understand and i am not sure if it is always because of my lack of english skilz.
The begin is very strange. Did helen clare really call "a monster" or wanted she clare to save her FROM that monster?

-The fight with rigardo can be used as analysis in the battle with priscilla.

My old computer science prof would say syntactically correct but semantically wrong What the hell does that mean? Probably that she thought that the fight against priscilla would become a similar one because both aren't using strong armor but rely on speed?

-I never realized that during the fight with rigardo my body size, speed and offensive abilities are unconsciously replicated into my current battle with priscilla until the fight was over.

So she was fighting rigardo but thought of fighting against priscilla?

-At that time i thought jus having an average warrior strength to wield my claymore was enough to defeat her.

At WHAT time? When she fought rigardo or when she was a little girl. And has she still this opinion? I think so.

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2010-03-02 at 14:42.
Old 2010-03-02, 14:40   Link #111
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Your going to love this... Frankyhouse has done it again. They thought this was a Japanese to English translation and they made a Scanlation out of it. I guess they missed the statement at the top of his post clearly stating this wasn't a direct translation of the RAW
Well, that'll explain the oddball words being used in the chapter.

It was still a good chapter none the less.
Old 2010-03-02, 14:47   Link #112
cupcup

I think it's a very good chapter, a combination of typical explanatory chapter(reversal awakening accident), main characters action(Clare,Helen,Deneve,Priscilla), and supporting characters follow-up(Yuma,Cynthia,Dietrich).

About Clare's conclusion in page 2, that one did not need powerful strength, but the speed and skills to rival Priscilla, then i think Miria is the one perfect one to fight her, plus in chapter 85 page 9, "No matter how you which you choose, Miria is superior, speed, stamina, physical strength, and swordsmanship." I think there's a possibility that Miria and Tabitha will come to rescue Clare's party, since page 21 said "From now on we can only pray... To the Goddess of fortune to help." which means they can't do anything else more, Clare's beaten up and on a mental breakdown, and it's simply impossible for Deneve and Helen to use those war tactics anymore because it's clearly not working and they surely know it's not a good idea to piss off Priscilla. In addition, on the last page cliffhanger line "Miria's main squad is finally here?!" has got to mean something, plus it's been a long time they haven't showed up, i think it would be a great idea to show some Miria action, since only she and Tabitha dan hasn't released their youki after seven years, i think her speed would be far above Rigardo and half-awakened Clare because Clare seems to focus more on her arm speed. And if with Tabitha's sensing skill, Miria would have a good chance avoiding Priscilla's attacks. And while they fight, Deneve would put a sense to Clare and Helen would say a blunt but supporting things, and when Clare finally come to her senses she would ask Miria to step back and but Miria would probably use her charismatic leadership and command Clare to work together as a team, and the chapter would end there with two page illustrating their readiness to fight Priscilla till the end.

About Yuma and Cynthia, i won't worry too much, most likely Dietrich will have a bit of hard time but then suddenly Cynthia came, already recovered and synchronize her youki with Yuma and act as sensor like Tabitha and finally they got out of the mess and joined Clare's party and finally all of them took out Priscilla.

As for Galatea, there may be a really small probability that she will met with Raki because she sensed a weird youki(maybe from the retrieval unit that brought Raki or even from contaminated Raki himself), and she will brought Miata and Clarice to figure what it is, following him using Miata's sixth sense, and finally save him, and they will wait and pray for Clare's safe return in Rabona while tending his parasitic wounds.

And the destroyer, once they finished up Priscilla, Clare will surely put a good use of Rafaela's memory, and maybe that one grave mistake that Rafaela mention Clare did is, the organization finally succeeded in making that continent "A test ground for creating the awakened" as Miria said in the last page of chapter 79. Surely Rafaela knows everything about the organization and the other continent since she's older than Teresa and Rubel's pupil, plus Rafaela and Luciela was their trump card in the past, the should-be-ultimate weapon of the organization, and now they are, as Dae-sama said at chapter 96 page 2-3 "The ideal, perfect weapon"

Well its all just my speculations, i don't even know why i'm posting this, i just love Claymore, one of the best manga ever made.
Old 2010-03-02, 14:56   Link #113
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
As far as I know, PE/TSD (Post Embitterment/Traumatic Stress Disorder) that causes phobia involves the sufferer to put mental "barriers" inside his/her head, not wedges. I think it is more of a direct translation instead of what Yagi was trying to put forward....he ran out of words.
'Im not sure if Yagi ran out of words or if it's just a translation thing.

Quote:
I'd hate to see Dietrich die or get controlled in the next chapter. She is the cutest-looking Claymore with her twintails <3 (a shared opinion unless you are a lolicon ).
Sorry but, Cynthia is the cutest Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
This is not against wells chinese - japanese - english translation. I hopep that francky house would use a translation from an japanese raw or will replace it with a good translation.

There are a lot of things in this translation i don't understand and i am not sure if it is always because of my lack of english skilz.
The begin is very strange. Did helen clare really call "a monster" or wanted she clare to save her FROM that monster?
I am not sure but I would say she wanted to save her from the monster, being Priscilla.

Quote:
-The fight with rigardo can be used as analysis in the battle with priscilla.
I would have made that: "If I think back to my fight with Rigaldo."

Quote:
My old computer science prof would say syntactically correct but semantically wrong What the hell does that mean? Probably that she thought that the fight against priscilla would become a similar one because both aren't using strong armor but rely on speed?

-I never realized that during the fight with rigardo my body size, speed and offensive abilities are unconsciously replicated into my current battle with priscilla until the fight was over.

So she was fighting rigardo but thought of fighting against priscilla?

-At that time i thought jus having an average warrior strength to wield my claymore was enough to defeat her.

At WHAT time? When she fought rigardo or when she was a little girl. And has she still this opinion? I think so.
Clare concluded from when Priscilla first awakened that speed was more important than strength, so she focused on that.
Old 2010-03-02, 16:23   Link #114
Joe_fh

Quote:
I've always noticed it.. sadly though I never pieced together that Clare was watching too and might have descided to imate Noel... Great role model by the way... ... It explains why Helen looks smart(ish) for calling her an idiot.
Ok let me put it this way... I noticed there was a cut but never actually realized the whole arm was cut since in the next panel the arm was still there...probably because I didn't think she could regenarete so fast when I was reading it...but never the less I didn't realize it or more like pay any attention to it since as I said the arm was there in the next panel (besides that was the first manga I ever read... it's easy to miss stuff and re-reading the part were Teresa got beheaded was ind of...you know....even though I said I read it a 100 times). Getting a bit off topic with all that.

My main concern with this was that Clare was watching. I mean how was she watching? How could she even follow what was going on? And jsut after the person she cared about the mosd got behaeded? I think my mind would have gon completely blank at that point and I wouldn't be able to understand what I was seeing let alone analyze who was doing what and how. It's just wiered

Quote:
It's part of the reason why I aways thought Priscilla was so strong after her awakening... since I always took it as she let Noel do it, since she showed no shock and retaliated so quickly.
Agreed...after I read it now it looks similar to what Prissy is doing now - letting everyone (Alicia, Beth, Clare, Helen and Deneve with those rods) damage her. Because she doesn't care what they do since in the end it doesn't really damage her and they are all way bellow her level.

Quote:
Kinda agree about the failures of her plan... though she didn't know how much stronger Priscilla was than Isley (or that Isley was really really fast too). She likely just thought something like this... "I was almost as strong as Flora with Irene's arm... she was a bit quicker than me running speed though. However, once I awakened my limbs I easily beat someone as fast, if not faster, then Miria's phantom technique. So if I spend 7 years of training doing everything I can to increase this speed... when I awaken I just might be able to close in quick enough to kill that BITCH! Even if she's the strongest abyssal one. I saw Noel harm her... and she relied on speed not strength... so this is a good plan."

Now Clare was observing Spohia and Noel attack Priscilla with Human eyes. So she was likely deceived into thinking they actually caught her off guard. However only Noels abilities let her harm her... After all she had no idea Teresa could read Priscilla's yoki flow due to it's magnitude, that Riful's seemingly logical assumption about two AO could likely hold her off was not nearly enough, plus she never actually sensed the Alicia and Beth vs Priscilla fight since The Destroyers yoki masked the fight (she only sensed Priscilla after Riful bit the dust but could focus on it due to the incoming barrage of rods). Clare was lead to believe her plan had a shot at working and she was too obsessed to not try the first "good" plan she had.
Yes she didn't reeally see Isley fight and as you said she probably didn't even felt Alicia and Beth fight (even though that would be really hard to miss....after all she is good at close range yoki reading and there were two AOs fighting at 100% with a yoki greater than theirs and after a few seconds of fighting the two AOs were gone).

Either way her plan was based on an assumption that sort of contradicts itself.
I mean Irene(way faster than Clare with the qucksword or at least faster) couldn't touch Prissy. Noel (her forte was agility not speed and she was slower than Irene in terms of attacks) cut Prissy while Sophia's (her forte was strength) strike got blocked. At best Clare could consider that a lucky shot. Or what she has to be fast but not that fast (Irene>Noel>Sophia)? Really doesn't make sense if you ask me

And as I said earlier from Clare's standpoint Prissy could blcok only one of the attacks since they were coming from completely different sides at the same time (meaning neither was really faster). One could be blocked but the other either had to connect or be avoided. If one was avoided the other would have been avoided as well so that attack had to connect simply because it had no where to go and this had nothing to do with speed. Besides if Sophia's strike was stronger it's more logical to block that one if you had to choose one since it would deal more damage.

Quote:
However your right... her plan was stupid. It was like building the blueprints to a jet fighter and assuming it can win wars before it's even put in a wind tunnel. It has swept wings for extra speed and other planes have those wings... so it will work.
I actually think it was even a worse idea than this one
Best bet was yoki reading since it was way more obvious Teresa (who was exceptionally good at that) could hold off Prissy 1 on 1 without any problems. Now remember Clare had no real reason to think that Teresa at 10% was stronger than an AO.... Basically in Clare's mind Teresa at 10% should be weaker than QofB mode but again Teresa wasn't winning with speed or strength.

Quote:
I took this from the Claymore databook... there symbols are virtually identical minus two tiny lines...
Ahaa but there are those two tiny extra lines. Well you have to admit that without the databook the symbols look almost identical. I mean I never would have noticed those little lines if they weren't so clear in that databook. They are seemingly not there in half the times we see Noel's symbol and the other half they are so small you have to zoom a lot to see them.Thanks for clearing that up^^
Oh and guess I wasn't the only one who didn't see those little lines since in the anime Noel's symbol was changed

And as I said earlier I still can't see how Jean could be the real reason why Clare can't awaken since it's just not possible...imo of course . (if you wonder why I already said why I think it's not). I really won't like it since it's bassically going into the "ultimate elite form" and we have our first Claymore that's just a really small stap away from going full AB and back.. so to avoid that (which in the previous thread I called "lame" development) I vote it was Raphaela's doing!
Old 2010-03-02, 16:43   Link #115
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

I rather liked this chapter but I don't understand why so many people are against the whole wedge thing. It makes sense. Rather then some convalted Raphalia soul link theory or Teresa influense, Clare stoped herself.
Clare couldn't bring herself to awaken and abanden her humanity. (that might change if she has to save somebody and not simply attacking Priscilla futilly) I am proud of her a bit.

This I think is a major develoment in her character. Many people were upset when Clare descided to throw away her humanity. It seemed like Clare had not changed despite of all that had happened, that she would give up her humaity at the drop of a hat even is this was exactly contrary to all of Clare's comrades, raki ,and Teresa herself's ,wishs. But in Fact Clare couldn't do it. Her friends have affected her to much. In paticuler Jean dying to perserve her humanity was to much for her to ignore. I like it. Clare has grown as a character. Before Clare would not have stopped herself. She has changed

On a side note : I think Helen called Clare the monster. I can't remeber the chapter it was when Helen was talking to Deneva about Clare and Miria, but Helen called Clare 'that little monster' in an affectionate way I think.

I personally think that Deneva and Helen (and possibly the other ghosts as well) have come to regard Clare sort of as a little Sister that they have to look after so that she doesn't do anything stupied.
(IE Like training in a certain way for so long and then awakening in order to stop the most powerful AB only to fail fail and drop the ball) Though they were relieved, they natuarally called her an Idiot.
But Like Deneva said. She's an idiot but she is are Nakama, or in other words She(Clare) is their idiot.

And Whoever it was who said it first; Yes, Yumis farwell was sort of family-ish I think. Clare's the youngest While Miria is everybody's Onee-sama in verying degees.

Last edited by Torri_fay_torren@hot; 2010-03-02 at 17:01.
Old 2010-03-02, 16:43   Link #116
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Why is everyone jumping the gun?

Frankyhouse was unbelievably stupid for somehow finding what Weis wrote down, yet not reading that it wasn't perfect. I'm not sure how you can miss that, yet end up using it. Even worse, they didn't credit him either. Those guys at the masters at rush-jobs, no wonder I don't read anything until we get something based on Gernot.

We also didn't figure out what caused Claire to de-awaken. Deneve's theory is just that, a theory. It's simply based around everything she knows about Claire.
Franky house has done that before. Back when Riful was on here they used one of her translations
Old 2010-03-02, 17:03   Link #117
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
I rather liked this chapter but I don't understand why so many people are against the whole wedge thing. It makes sense. Rather then some convalted Raphalia soul link theory or Teresa influense, Clare stoped herself.
Clare couldn't bring herself to awaken and abanden her humanity. (that might change if she has to save somebody and not simply attacking Priscilla futilly)

This I think is a major development in her character. Many people were upset when Clare decided to throw away her humanity. It seemed like Clare had not changed despite of all that had happened, that she would give up her humanity at the drop of a hat even is this was exactly contrary to all of Clare's comrades, raki ,and Teresa herself's ,wish. But in Fact Clare couldn't do it. Her friends have affected her to much. In particular Jean dying to preserve her humanity was to much for her to ignore. I like it. Clare has grown as a character. Before Clare would not have stopped herself. She has changed
Clare also said that she wouldn't save renee but when it got serious she wanted to go after her. That's IMO the difference between priscilla who talks big but acts small.
We don't know if rafaella was or wasn't involved. Even when clare has a wedge it is normally not that easy to revert back this way. I think she used subconsciously rafaella's suppression skills to realize her hidden wish to stay human.
Old 2010-03-02, 17:14   Link #118
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I'm not upset nor was I surprised that Claire wanted to give up her humanity to kill Priscilla - who honestly didn't see that coming? - what Deneve said however, is just a very underwhelming choice in comparison to all the other theories that may have explained why Claire de-awakened.

Again, while I'm not bashing Jean, I'm just amazed that she supposedly had a bigger effect on her then all the others that have influenced Claire. I, personally, hoping that, after reading Weird D's latest fic, that it would be a mixture.

I would like to point out though Torri that all this growth you're talking about never happened - Claire wanted to give up her humanity, the fact that she can't wasn't something she wanted. The fact she has apparently stopped herself wasn't something she wanted.

She HAS grown, but not to the degree you're saying.

And besides, it's not like Claire herself has heard Deneve's theory and admitted it as truth, or denied it, nor does she know details about Claire as much as we do. Claire is right now wondering "why why", instead of "I'm sorry, I can't do it" or some sort of regret that she's not as strong as she thought she was. She wants to awaken.

I just can't see this "mental block" Claire has supposedly put on herself as fact, I just can't. Claire has made it her life's purpose to avenge Teresa - she has come a long way since then, and has indeed grown since she held her head in her arms....but I just can't see her giving up on her revenge because of something like this, something she unintentionally put on herself.

Maybe she's secretly scared of awakening truly - but we heard right now, her plans and ideas on awakening and how she planned to kill Priscilla. She's been planning to awaken to kill her since Day 1 when she convinced Rubel to take her in. While we all hope Claire would give up on her revenge and live for herself like Teresa, Irene, Jean, Raki and everyone else wants too....I just can't see it being done like this. She is right in front of what she has been training for and I can't see her walking away from it right now. Obviously whether or not she can beat Priscilla or not is a whole different matter entirely, but my point is, I can't see Claire basically giving up like this.

Maybe if she was convinced verbally or some other moment of signficence touched her that she would give up on her revenge, or Priscilla is killed by someone else, who knows...but I can't just see it being done like this. It feels so....their is a word I'm looking for(underwhelming perhaps), that I can't find.

Hopefully someone gets what I'm going on about.

---

What really stinks Gangsta, is that this is a prime example of one person(or in this case, a group), ruining the fun for everyone else. Maybe though it's a good thing, because now they can at least take this as some sort of lesson and actually wait for good translations before rushing to work.

Doubt it.
Old 2010-03-02, 17:26   Link #119
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927
I just can't see her giving up on her revenge because of something like this, something she unintentionally put on herself.
At the moment she has no other options because her chance to beat priscilla is plain and simple zero. At least she has to "freeze" her plans.
Old 2010-03-02, 17:40   Link #120
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I think a lot of people underestimate how much Jean's death effected Clare.

Clare broke down in tears in THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE and was utterly devestated when Jean died saving her. If it wasn't for Deneve, she may well have well sat there until an AB decided to take advantage.

We haven't seen Clare that devastated since Teresa's death, and Clare likely holds herself directly responsible for Jean's death. That is some pretty powerful stuff, which I'd put on the level of Teresa's death for Clare.

So Clare, who is seeking vengeance for Teresa no matter the cost, is being held back by the memory of Jean, and what happened the last time she was about to awaken.

----

As for this supposedly being a one-up for Clare/Priscilla comparison, not really. This actually enhances the comparison and the point I was making previously.

Priscilla also had a mental block on her own abilities, this was brought up in the data books.

That mental block still existed even after her awakening, up until her encounter with Isley. The first time we ever saw her use her true strength after being knocked around so much she regressed to a child-like state, which probably removed that mental restraint.

This only difference between Priscilla and Clare is that Clare has people watching out for her well being, while Priscilla did not. Even in this chapter, we are once again shown that Clare's friends are the only thing keeping her alive/human.

This is the reason Priscilla is a "tragic" villain; she and Clare are so similar, but their individual circumstances are what led them to were they are now. Clare has people constantly helping/saving her, while Priscilla never had such a comfort/convenience. So Clare remains human, but Priscilla fell and became a monster.