AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 12 (S1 END) Rating
Perfect 10 46 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 24.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 16.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 3.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 15 8.98%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-20, 13:41   Link #121
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
snip
I almost want to say it might've grazed the side of his head, so it was non-fatal. His track record for headshots isn't very good, as Saazbaum pointed out lol. Or maybe Slaine took Saazbaum's tip to heart and actually got Inaho in the dome.
Old 2014-09-20, 13:42   Link #122
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elazul View Post
It was disturbing to see how easily Slaine can pull the trigger.
It's not easy. He always freaks out at first.
Old 2014-09-20, 13:43   Link #123
Sixth
Hu Tao

Frankly speaking. I don't think the show will be the same without Inaho in Season 2. What can Terran do against Mar without Inaho's guidance?

Let's assumed that Mar conquered the Earth, and then? I don't see much story can be tell from this perspective. Remaining terrans that hiding underground are plotting to take back their planet from MAR? Good luck.

I don't see how Slaine going to fight for Terran side. Slaine will help Martians to butcher the Terran further.
Old 2014-09-20, 13:43   Link #124
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Ryuuga: Added frames of the princess getting shot. Looks like a graze to me.
Old 2014-09-20, 13:45   Link #125
Irenesharda

I am literally still shaking from that ending...I...I'm trying to calm down....

Okay, so, what the heck did I just watch? First Dioscuria was OP as all heck, but of course it had all the powers of all the other mechs that came before it. Of course that gives Inaho a jump on it since he knows exactly how to beat it. It becomes a fight to see how they can get the princess to the center of the castle first.

Slaine arrives in his skycarrier and is beginning to have conflicts as he's constantly having to defend himself against Terrans, rather than against Martians. Saazbaum is a great villain even though he pretty much falls apart against Inaho, yet Inaho still has a struggle. Slaine finds himself inside of Tharsis, and oddly enough, is able to activate it. Tharsis seems to have speed abilities so far as we can see. Slaine hears Saazbaum having trouble and comes to his rescue since Saazbaum saved his life. Slaine saves Saazbaum at the last minute right as Asseylum shuts down the system.

However, because Slaine saves Saazbaum, it gives the count the chance to finally kill Asseylum. Slaine overcome with the fact he's the one who allowed this to happen, turns his gun on Saazbaum and attempts to shoot him to death. Inaho, who has been injured, crawls over to the dead princess and we get the "flashbacks of death" as he shows his love for the princess. However, Slaine will not allow it. This is the first time Orange and the Bat have ever met face to face. Slaine will not allow Slaine to touch the princess' body. Inaho realizes that it's "Bat" that he faces and in a very similar to their situation from their first meeting, they draw their guns on each other. However, this time, it's Slaine who not only fires first, but this time, finds his target and kills Inaho.

So, wow, are you telling me that after all of our supposing that it was Yuki and others who had the largest death flags, they subverted all that and made it Inaho and Asseylum, the two characters who everyone knew weren't going to die, be the ones that were killed?!

Sasuga, Aldnoah Zero. You got me...

So, what happens next? I have a feeling next season will be a timeskip and we might be going to Vers more with what's going on. We've lost 2/3 of our main characters, so I'm guessing Slaine and others will pull up the slack. We have to find out why he has Aldnoah rights and if it had something to do with his father or some relation he has to the royal family. I'm guessing that pendent meant nothing since it never came into play at all. It was just a symbol of the princess' hopes and her life.

Slaine is now probably going to try to prevent any of this from happening again, and is going to take down the system that brought about people like Saazbaum. He's going to end the war for Asseylum, using his Aldnoah powers and his connection to the Vers people.

I can't wait till next season, and I'll admit, Aldnoah certainly surprised me with that ending....

Great season finale.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-20, 13:48   Link #126
ImperialKnight

OK I got to ask.

Whose side is slaine on? Why did he bother saving sazzabaum who wanted the princess dead? He pretty much screwed everybody.
Old 2014-09-20, 13:48   Link #127
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
You guys are forgetting the best frame of the episode:

Cements Slaine being the show's whipping boy.

ImperialKNight: He kind of sort of sided with the Martians at the spur of the moment. It bit him in the ass, as you could see.
Old 2014-09-20, 13:51   Link #128
Tranhieu

What if Slaine escapes the castle at the end of the episode WITH Inaho? I mean, anything is possible in this show

I don't know what to say about the finale, it's shocking in a weird way, people got shot left and right for no reason yet I didn't feel anything at all!
Old 2014-09-20, 13:52   Link #129
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
OK I got to ask.

Whose side is slaine on? Why did he bother saving sazzabaum who wanted the princess dead? He pretty much screwed everybody.

Sazzazabaum made Slaine dance like a puppet on strings.
Old 2014-09-20, 13:52   Link #130
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
I didn't feel anything at all!
It's not surprising. These characters are barely more than drawings with names.
Old 2014-09-20, 13:56   Link #131
coded321
He Who Games

If you think about it, what happened was an excellent way for the show to keep viewers dedicated. Because of what happened, we are all going to wait till the second season to confirm that inaho and seylum are actually dead. Personally, i dont think they actually killed inaho, even if the frame by frame does not show any ambiguity. I dont know about you guys, but i know no anime/manga/light novel were the mc was permanently killed half way thru the series. To do so would be a guaranteed way to lose viewers or readers, which the writers dont want, because no viewers means no money.
Old 2014-09-20, 13:57   Link #132
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
To do so would be a guaranteed way to lose viewers or readers, which the writers dont want, because no viewers means no money.
Perhaps that wouldn't happen in this cause, since Inaho wasn't all that popular in Japan to begin with. Slaine is the most popular character by far there.
Old 2014-09-20, 13:58   Link #133
Thess

I'm so incoherent of how much I loved this episode! I was bracing myself for a weak finale, but I got what I wanted at last. It's too bad Rayet and Slaine never met though.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-20, 13:59   Link #134
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Perhaps that wouldn't happen in this cause, since Inaho wasn't all that popular in Japan to begin with. Slaine is the most popular character by far there.
How can you be so sure that Slaine's popularity wont't get plummeted after this episode?
Old 2014-09-20, 13:59   Link #135
Zoks

I had a feeling Inaho wasn't going to make it through this episode. I hate that he's dead, not because I like him (which I do) but because I'm worried where the show will go from here. Most of its appeal to me was Inaho's tactics to beat the superior brawn of the Martians. Now I'm worried it'll just become another Mech vs. Mech show.

Speaking of tactics, Inaho apparently has read Clausewitz's On War. That explanation he gave to Asseylum about war being negotiation by another means is straight out of Clausewitz. I wonder if that's a required reading for high school kids in this series.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:00   Link #136
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You guys are forgetting the best frame of the episode:

Cements Slaine being the show's whipping boy.

ImperialKNight: He kind of sort of sided with the Martians at the spur of the moment. It bit him in the ass, as you could see.
"brain problems"
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-09-20, 14:00   Link #137
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I'm so incoherent of how much I loved this episode! I was bracing myself for a weak finale, but I got what I wanted at last. It's too bad Rayet and Slaine never met though.
She will probably get revived by aldnoah magic. more curious about how inaho is going to survive. That shot seems fatal
Old 2014-09-20, 14:01   Link #138
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
How can you be so sure that Slaine's popularity wont't get plummeted after this episode?
Because the fans in Japan don't seem to like Inaho and the princess all that much. So why would they care if Slaine killed him?
Old 2014-09-20, 14:01   Link #139
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
I would like to think that, because of this episode, support would go to inaho. I can't imagine that slaine would still be popular now, considering how he f*ked everything up there at the end. Why was slaine considered to be more popular than inaho anyway?
Old 2014-09-20, 14:02   Link #140
Tranhieu

Quote:
It's not surprising. These characters are barely more than drawings with names.
And that's the problem I have with this show. People are supposed to feel something when the protagonists get killed, yet from what I could gather from this thread everyone just went wtf and that's it.

And to join in the fun, I would say Inaho will make it next season. The frame where he was lying in his blood showed that it wasn't his head that got shot, might be somewhere on the back judging from where his blood leaking out.
Closed Thread