AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-03, 01:45   Link #16281
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I like to work in a systematic manner official harem according to how they are introduced then unofficial harem
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 01:48   Link #16282
Eratas123

@ Demi - Can't you make an exception this once? Please~
Old 2012-01-03, 02:07   Link #16283
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Nope, Irish is not a very good rival in different kind of story...

His dark background means serve better as a rival to characters (who used to be a child solider) or one with devious morality.

You are right about him being a rival to other good character here because Most characters here happen to have dark story.....

-----

In Light-hearted stories where the major objective is to win an IS competition (Albeit with some people playing dirty), a character like him, is totally out of place.

It's like putting Yami Yugi in Card-fight Vanguard and had him performing Mind Crush on everybody who lose..... IN A CARD GAME WHERE THE MAJOR OBJECTIVE SO FAR IS TO WIN THE FREAKING FINAL!

Excess and overkill.

----

And special note when came to Irish:

> The other characters can't really play pranks on him without him retaliating with a knife and injure somebody. (Don't forget: He is too serious for Rule of funny to work on him....)

As for Cipher, You can just beat him whatever way you want, since ultimately he will always end up being served.....
Old 2012-01-03, 02:22   Link #16284
Eratas123

@ Treme - Point I was making is that Characters don't have to be imbalanced to get good rivalries. You can have him be good at other things like he's more agile, but less powerful for example. Cipher being able to do everything Ichika can in addition to having his own skills that even Ichika doesn't have doesn't make him a rival, it makes him an attention hog and glory stealer.
Old 2012-01-03, 02:38   Link #16285
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Cipher's skill is Confusion and stealth, against multiple enemies, he will definitely win...

Which is why he often provoke others into gang-up on him (and it often work.... considering how jerkass he had been)

When fighting a solo enemy, his skill drop drastically. He still could beat Ichika because he(Ichika) isn't really that good....

Pull a match up with a skilled characters such as Maya, it is a curb-stomp (him on the losing side)

Edit: Crap, I forgot to mention one thing: His IS had even lower shield energy than Byakushiki.... All the stealth capability is to make up for this weakness....

The reason why he has lower shield energy (the energy went into maintaining the stealth technology).

He traded defense for Stealth

===

Edit: His battle with Ichika is more of Samurai versus the Ninja....Encouraging Ichika to use his head once in a while rather than depending on his One-hit kill...
Old 2012-01-03, 02:45   Link #16286
Eratas123

@ Treme - That contradicts the stats you posted on him before showing him as being good in everything Anyway, stealth while using a giant mech and moving using loud thrusters? Yeah, not happening.
Old 2012-01-03, 02:54   Link #16287
agetreme
Just another Idiot

You just found out one of it weakness:

The noise can be dampen but still had a limit. If he get too close to his opponent they will know (which is why he need to keep still or keep a distance away and only charging/dropping in for a kill.....)

Heat signature can be reduced but ultimately useless if he got too close (then again, character don't usually that thermal imaging thing).

False Imaging technology is good but only when projected behind the IS user... (Taking advantage on the fact that data from Hyper sensor is "unnatural" to the user.)

Edit: Word Play: He is good as in decent but that doesn't mean he is best...
Old 2012-01-03, 03:03   Link #16288
Eratas123

At least he's more balanced now.
Old 2012-01-03, 03:06   Link #16289
agetreme
Just another Idiot

He always had been... but don't forget: I did mention he is suppose to be the most broken character which is why I exaggerated his good point.
Old 2012-01-03, 03:31   Link #16290
Eratas123

@ Treme - Just be careful. Most OC's are already prejudiced on as it is, a male pilot will make it hard for readers to accept him at first.
Old 2012-01-03, 03:35   Link #16291
agetreme
Just another Idiot

.... I think he will only appear on the "Counter-Ichika Project" story...

On the other hand... currently my story is already on the side of madness...

I will read IS novel again to make things closer to the canon...
Old 2012-01-03, 04:35   Link #16292
DarkJak2050

Fanfic marked!

Infinite Stratos Laplace Chronicles
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 05:07   Link #16293
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: Okay, okay I'll work on Kanzashi and Laura now
Old 2012-01-03, 05:16   Link #16294
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
So basically...

Caliphate Commanders Lineup:

"Dr. Thrax" : Commander Specializing in Toxins, Poisons, Viruses and Nanomachines. Forces under him carry these deadly payloads and send them against their opponents.

"General Juziz" : Commander Specializing in Explosions, Demolitions, Conflagrations and anything that burns or blows up. Thermite Plasma, High Explosives and Napalm are some of the specialties his forces have.

"Kassad" : Master of Sneaky. First to employ anti-IS sensor devices in a massive scale, as well as optical cloaking, IR screening, Thermal Blocking and according to rumors, Psychic Blocking via our fourth commander.

"'Khaled' the Arms Dealer" : Specializes in combat drones, IS units and Chastity engines. Always looking for people that have a "special organ" to join her ranks- so far she has found none within the Caliphate's huge ranks. Known (by the Caliphate) to be Phantom Task-aligned. Always talks about a "Bureau pursuing her." She also finances the Caliphate's war machine since she joined.

So basically the first 3 commanders and the Caliphate itself may be Associated with Helios, with "Khaled" being there by chance.

more to come when needed.
Khaled is the one with the large air force too. He's the main antagonist of Ace Combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I smell a unicorn.
Old 2012-01-03, 06:42   Link #16295
Eratas123

@ Demi - I'm here Just woke up from a nap.
Old 2012-01-03, 07:18   Link #16296
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Khaled is the one with the large air force too. He's the main antagonist of Ace Combat.
He at first introduction, since his face is covered by a hood in such a way that no one can see his face, and speaks in a male voice.

Later, when the "bureau" gets dragged into the scene, he is revealed to be a she, answering to the name of Kalahsa Karmin, a well known cross-dimensional criminal, with the rank of SS.

To the people that know "Khaled" as a guy, they go O_O when she suddenly pulls the reveal and equips her Phoenix-themed IS- whose name I still need to make.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 07:22   Link #16297
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: just came back from dinner. I can't gather any decent inspiration for comedy
Old 2012-01-03, 07:34   Link #16298
Eratas123

@ Demi - None? Their personality's shouldn't be that different.
Old 2012-01-03, 07:38   Link #16299
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: >.< times like these I need proper social interactions to get my humor working I'm currently immersed in a depressed inner world.
Old 2012-01-03, 07:52   Link #16300
Eratas123

@ Demi - Please~ I'm sleeping soon. You can even make it similar to Tatemashi's and Maya's if you can't make it between their kids.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest