AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-10-05, 00:21   Link #5441
omega253

Go for the light-side mini-arc before going back to dark. It might help wind down from the tension that you gave us with the ORDER Arc.
Old 2013-10-05, 00:35   Link #5442
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

There was tension?

Seriously, there was tension in that arc.?

I really wasn't able to gather if the ORDER arc. was a success or not. I need a ranking system for my damn arcs.

ANYWAYS, it's still gonna have the Dark-side presence in it, but it's gonna center more around Kuroko, Uiharu, and Saten this time around. Hell, I may even have Motoharu join Touma in the escipades of it since, lets face it, Touma needs to have at least some testosterone around him during a few of these events.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 01:09   Link #5443
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
There was tension?

Seriously, there was tension in that arc.?

I really wasn't able to gather if the ORDER arc. was a success or not. I need a ranking system for my damn arcs.

ANYWAYS, it's still gonna have the Dark-side presence in it, but it's gonna center more around Kuroko, Uiharu, and Saten this time around. Hell, I may even have Motoharu join Touma in the escipades of it since, lets face it, Touma needs to have at least some testosterone around him during a few of these events.
Yes, there was tension. You dragged on the suspense with the long fights and kept it peaked with the climax. Damnit, whenever I think about those fights, it still feels like I'm on the edge of my seat...

And you need a ranking system for your Arcs?
Old 2013-10-05, 01:28   Link #5444
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Yes, there was tension. You dragged on the suspense with the long fights and kept it peaked with the climax. Damnit, whenever I think about those fights, it still feels like I'm on the edge of my seat...
Meh, I got mixed feedback on that portion. I'm still not sure if anyone really understood the key factors about that arc; such as the information that they had and other hints I left behind in it.

My guess is that people didn't want to guess or just understood thus didn't feel inclined to mention it to me in their reviews. Still, I'm glad ORDER was a success...unlike a certain group in Railgun S.............I don't think further elaboration is necessary.

Quote:
And you need a ranking system for your Arcs?
Half-joking with that statement. But if I was to do that, the criteria would be as follows.

Predictability: Critical especially for an Index fic.

Characters: From cannon to OC's; the latter of which I'd like to know if they were compelling enough to not bore people to tears when they read scenes that focused around them.

Introduction to Climax: There will be ups and downs here, so it would be a matter of if there were more ups than downs or vise versa.

Development: Mostly focused on cannon characters, particularly Touma and his rate of adaption to the Darkness of AC.

Overall Plot of Arc: Cliche or creative and yet another critical field that I'd be curious to know for the sake of thinking outside the box. This one follows the same method I would rank Introduction to Climax.

Those are all I have at the moment; though making an actual 'Arc Ranking System' is not at the top of my priority list. It could be useful, but I don't think its worth the time investment.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-05, 01:40   Link #5445
omega253

Ah... My mind is sometimes too engrossed in writing to think about even making a ranking system.

In all honesty, whenever I finish writing out a chapter, I barely feel like I can put in an Author's Note...

On that note, it seems like Chapter 12 of To Ascend seems to almost be hitting 10k in my Word Document.

How!? I just kept writing and writing and writing!

I didn't notice how long the chapter was until it got around to 8.6k!

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with me!?

I was only planning 5-6k words for Chapter 12......
Old 2013-10-05, 01:44   Link #5446
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Sometimes it just happens, though my usual quota rounds out to about 9k words.

Still though, you should already know by now that not everything always goes as planned. So long are you are happy with the results, then it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-05, 01:58   Link #5447
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Sometimes it just happens, though my usual quota rounds out to about 9k words.

Still though, you should already know by now that not everything always goes as planned. So long are you are happy with the results, then it's not necessarily a bad thing.
Yes, I know, but still!

Literally three months ago, I could barely squeeze out about 1k (which was eventually edited into Chapter One of To Ascend) and feel completely drained afterwards.

A few days after that, I made the Catgirl!Kanzaki snippet and it was around double the length of my previous snip.

Then when I've been writing out chapters for To Ascend on a rough weekly basis, it escalated from around 3k to 5-6k.

And now this?

It's just... Gah.

Screw it, I'm going to sleep. See you all later...
Old 2013-10-05, 02:02   Link #5448
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Later Omega.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-05, 04:12   Link #5449
demino_hellsin
That one guy

ORDER is a pretty good organization really. They had some really cool abilities and the way you showed them was really nice in execution. I suppose the only thing that felt lacking was the lack of Kamachiesque twist. Not saying that you need to write something that screwy but the plot felt a bit straight forward. But in a way that was refreshing in itself. The other content was good in the way I could actually imagine them being in canon as per their depiction.

I already took the not too dark, not too nice evil route. Saves people conditionally, punishes without limits. Does not believe in any logic too far away from his own, etc. So more misguided than evil. But He'd still be pretty messed up considering the type of AIM and thoughts being poured into him.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 05:16   Link #5450
Draco Spirit

So I've been working on a mostly fluffy Touma/Misaka 10032 fic called Finding Something Close to Perfect on fanfiction.net that uses the old framing device known as looking back at key moment in there relationship so I get away with pushing the timeline forwards

Only got one chapter left, which should be finished by this time next week easy.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 10:19   Link #5451
Wandering Soul

I enjoyed the ORDER arc. Certain fights did feel like they dragged on such as Frenda vs Chouka but it was still enjoyable. The only real thing that I could stay bugged me was how Kurou acts towards his teammates. In one chapter he got angry when the twins were killed and slaughtered the people responsible. Not too long after that he doesn't care what happens to his teammates. It seemed sorta inconsistent with his character.
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 11:26   Link #5452
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Ugh. School is such a writing cockblock. I can't even be bothered with what I'm writing down right now. Ah, being a Crack King is a tough job~

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 14:48   Link #5453
omega253

Twist of Fate Chapter 8 (hey, that kinda rhymes) is up.

www.fanfiction.net/s/9539513/8/Twist-of-Fate

A Certain Destructive Meltdowner Chapter 5 is up.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9670267/...ive-Meltdowner
Old 2013-10-05, 18:15   Link #5454
Draco Spirit

Random question, but does anyone know any names that could plausibly work as Accelerators real name?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 18:58   Link #5455
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Suzushina Yuriko
Old 2013-10-05, 19:31   Link #5456
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Suzushina Yuriko
This. A million times this.
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 22:40   Link #5457
demino_hellsin
That one guy

An idea of mine is kind of like a cops and robbers thing right out of a shoujo manga.

Kuroko is a upright if not obssessively hot blooded law enforcer, Awaki is on the run from both criminals and cops. What links these two together? The ability to teleport. Within the confines of academy city, only Kuroko's teleport is able to catch up with the wayward Awaki's Move Point. but Awaki's ploy to throw off the straight-laced police turns into a genuine interest.

This version of Kuroko and Awaki have their limits removed. Per se Kuroko can perform her calculations despite the pain, Awaki no longer has problems teleporting herself.
Old 2013-10-05, 22:42   Link #5458
Gray Servant

Pretty interesting idea really, i'd read it, though i'm pretty sure Peak Awaki just stomps all over Kuroko effortlessly.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 04:26   Link #5459
demino_hellsin
That one guy

had einjerhar ever been mentioned in the novels?
Old 2013-10-06, 04:41   Link #5460
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
had einjerhar ever been mentioned in the novels?
Yes, they have. Othinus apparently has an army of them, but I think the only one that has been displayed so far is Bersi/Kihara Kagun.

There's not really much information, truth be told.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction