AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-04-15, 20:46   Link #6241
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ Reminds me of Ben-to ln/anime
Oh sorry, forgot to add that it was a crossover with Ben-to.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 20:59   Link #6242
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

So, after a bit of time and thought, I've come to a conclusion that I believe should be mentioned at this point.

Remember the guy I mentioned before, the guy who was basically going to be Lucifer? Ichiryu Ouji, that guy, yeah I think I have something I can do for in terms of what he can do....and since both allfictions and Tsun are here, figured I'd welcome opinions of you both since you're an honest lot.

We've already established that this guy would be powerful; extremely so. That said, after spending a painstakingly long amount of time coming up with abilities and the like, I realized that half of these abilities probably would never surface. So, to amend this, I needed to approach his power in a different manner.

Basically, I'm probably going to make him a Majin. From my perspective, Othinus was a mage who could create and thus when she became a magic god this gave her ability to create things with magic by ten-fold; and that was when things were still 50/50. So, my idea is that Ichiryu will be on those grounds, with his core ability being the power to Manipulate.

I'll hold off on the explanations for the moment. Just lend me your thoughts and I'll explain further if this idea doesn't get completely torn to shreds.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 21:03   Link #6243
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Why not another Impure Majin or a Majin Candidate like Index and Sigyn?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 21:19   Link #6244
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Believe it or not, I was musing the idea of making Ichiryu a Majin Candidate for a time, but that ties into how far he had come with his ability to manipulate things. One of the title's of Lucifer was 'God of this World" and after some thought it seemed legit for him to be a Majin rather than a candidate or an impure one.

Ichiryu being a Majin is largely due to the fact that he didn't suffer the same issues that Index and Sigyn do. When he realized just what his magic was capable of, he didn't let the church or anyone try to hinder his growth out of fear of what he would do with that power. What also separates him from Sigyn is that his ability to manipulate isn't something that's restricted, meaning he himself can be affected by his own magic.

The power to Manipulate things is something we generally associate with a certain property and nothing else. I'm going for a broader scope.

Manipulating the chance of something happening in a manner beneficial to him.

Manipulating the possibility that his opponent's attack can miss when, typically, it wouldn't.

Manipulating undistorted elements (i.e. water/fire/wind/electricity/earth/est.) and by that I mean things that aren't distorted by Espers or other Magicians.

Just that alone is enough to make someone qualified, but that is why I'm bringing this to the attention of everyone here. Because I'm not sure, though I personally think it is a reasonable possibility for someone with an ability like this to become a Majin.

Hey, people wouldn't know what a Majin really was if someone wasn't already one in the series.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-04-16, 03:17   Link #6245
tsunade666

Are you sure of making him a majin? because majin are basically "god" in a sense. But this character your making "Ichiryu"? looks like a human to me that just discover that his a god?

What sets Othinus out of everyone (for me) is that she had lived for countless years that we don't know where she starts with. She see the downfall of humanity (destruction of worlds) again and again and again.

If you want him a majin.... I think you should make it a much broader background because seriously. Your talking about a majin here and not just a majin candidate.

Here's a muse for thought. What if his the majin that stole's Othinus status a majin? or the one who replace him? You said his power is too manipulate right? but a majin isn't bounded by world level magic but universal level magic. It would be easy for him to manipulate the fate or course of asteroids to crush the planet or move/tilt the earth from its axis around the sun.

If you really want him as a majin and manipulator? make him a jester type or a clown? or probably a playful one. One who manipulates things for an amusement. Like manipulating the downfall of America's economy on pure whim, making japan win the WW II or Hitler being a laughing stock of the world instead of a dictator.

Well that's just me. Because seriously... a majin >_>
Old 2014-04-16, 04:09   Link #6246
LevelSeven

Spoiler for doesnt matter :):

EDIT: a few ideas about the Level 5's:

Spoiler for three fanfic ideas:

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2014-04-16 at 05:05.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 05:58   Link #6247
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Are you sure of making him a majin?
Part of the reason I mentioned it was because I wasn't sure. Hence why I asked, because feedback is vital.

Quote:
Because majin are basically "god" in a sense. But this character your making "Ichiryu"? looks like a human to me that just discover that his a god?
Well, this is a person who's supposed to be the incarnation of Lucifer. What does Luci (or the devil, satan; whichever you prefer) depicted at doing more often than not in biblical lore? He twists the hearts of men, drives them to commit sin; basically being a manipulative individual. Since I'm running off of that idea, and we've seen people who've been alive far longer than we are even aware of, Ichiryu is most likely to be one of those people who's been around for a good long while.

Quote:
What sets Othinus out of everyone (for me) is that she had lived for countless years that we don't know where she starts with.
See above when in concerns to age.

Quote:
She see the downfall of humanity (destruction of worlds) again and again and again. If you want him a majin.... I think you should make it a much broader background because seriously. Your talking about a majin here and not just a majin candidate.
If you had the ability to manipulate just about anything below Heaven, you don't really have much to live for do you? Think about it, every possibility, every opportunity to do whatever you so desire with the odd's always in your favor. It's a life that sounds good on paper, but when you have all that power, with all those possibilities open to you and a likely chance to attain all of them, you loose sight of what life is, ultimately, all about.

Fulfillment.

You have all that, but you don't have a purpose; you have no reason to do anything, no challenge, no competition, no goals, no drive, no ambition, no end; just a road that leads nowhere. Sure, he'll get bored and do stupid shit to pass time and all, but part of the thrill of doing those things is the possibility of getting caught doing it. Like when you're underage but go to a friends house to drink and when you're of age and doing the same thing. Sure, its fun and all, but the thrill that was there before isn't there anymore because you won't get into trouble for doing it.

Point is, he has this power, he wanted that power, and he had his fun with it. But without purpose, without a real reason to live for, what is the point in having it? It might sound petty in comparison to Othinus, and I'm probably not putting it in the best of terms, but bare in mind that this isn't Othinus. And in the end of it all, her original purpose for all she had done was lost and her true goal was to find someone who understood her. Going by that kind of thought process, Ichiryu searching for a purpose with his life is not as far-fetched or any pettier a reason than the one Othinus inevitably sought for and eventually attained.

Quote:
Here's a muse for thought. What if his the majin that stole's Othinus status a majin? or the one who replace him?
You mean Ollerus, right?

Quote:
You said his power is too manipulate right? but a majin isn't bounded by world level magic but universal level magic. It would be easy for him to manipulate the fate or course of asteroids to crush the planet or move/tilt the earth from its axis around the sun.
Don't know why he would do that, but I see you're point. He could manipulate the hearts, thoughts, and actions of every living person on the planet to just start brawling in the streets and kill everyone until humanity went extinct. He could have done just as you said, tilted the earth off its axis around the sun and let the world burn or freeze over. He could have done all sorts of things, but is there any purpose in performing planet-wide genocide other than for the sake of 'screw it'?

Then again, that argument is kinda null when I think about it; killing himself would have been the ideal choice if he was desperate enough...but that then one needs to ask 'can god kill himself'?

Quote:
If you really want him as a majin and manipulator? make him a jester type or a clown? or probably a playful one. One who manipulates things for an amusement. Like manipulating the downfall of America's economy on pure whim, making japan win the WW II or Hitler being a laughing stock of the world instead of a dictator.
Kinda what he's like at times; the whole 'few fucks given' attitude. When he's not acting as an antagonist, he'll be the one who does stupid things; but I'm not turning him into some Joker ripoff.

Quote:
Well that's just me. Because seriously... a majin >_>
I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want input; and for you're input I thank you. I get that making an OC a Majin is ill advised and is sending off 'Sue-alarms' but that's why I'm discussing it here. I can't balance this guy because he's literally a god. So keep the criticism on high for me, so long as it's constructional then it'll be of some use to me.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-04-16, 06:47   Link #6248
LevelSeven

Quote:
the whole stuff before and

I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want input; and for you're input I thank you. I get that making an OC a Majin is ill advised and is sending off 'Sue-alarms' but that's why I'm discussing it here. I can't balance this guy because he's literally a god. So keep the criticism on high for me, so long as it's constructional then it'll be of some use to me.
if i can give you a suggestion: let him loose his powers, not forever but let him do it to himself out of boredom...

he wakes up and he comepltly lost every ability, after tha he tries to find out what happened and a one-day-memory-gap is in his mind, he forgot what happened, a bit like hangover but with him as powerless thing....

in the end he would gain his powers back or learn the value of existence, than sacrificing himself and in th epilogue of the story he reaches his place inside the heaven....

---Happy End--- XD
Old 2014-04-16, 08:15   Link #6249
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
You mean Ollerus, right?
Is he a modern day majin? because why make him an incarnation? why don't make him the real deal where the legend of lucifer was taken from?

and I meant him not ollerus.

for me when the majin word happen in tamni and nt 9 happen. majin exist outside the realm of possibilities but in the realm of impossibilities so time doesn't matter anymore.

so the idea is him and othinus are at odds against each other or they don't know each other but they exist on the same world but creating different filters from their own views.

hmm....

now steal how to steal her places....

well him hijacking one of her filters. manipulate it and twisted it. this will be their first meeting and the first legend of where lucifer was envious of the god though othinus bear strong origin for odin but she said in nt 9. The legends are born from what she's been doing. the mortals try to create stories around her.

so why not create stories around how "lucy" twisted the world. he can be the view of loki in norse or the fallen angel in christianity.

its just that your talking about a majin and not a majin candidate like ollerus. then all stops are remove. your making a darn MARY/MARY?GOD SUE character. a perfect character at all odds.

which is why I admire the guts of kamachi. usually, the MC or protagonist gets to be sue and not the antagonist. because a SUE antagonist is hard to kill or beat. But look what happen. even if it takes thousands of thousands of times or millions of millennium. TouMan beat her and make her dere dere goddess. That is ONE HARD THING to accomplish which makes me love NT 9 the most but the same time skeptical. Because really >_> no matter how you look at it. Othinus is a marysue character.

So if you really want to create a majin? then be sure to have lots of criticism because it will be hard. The way I see it. You will need a lot of planning and people will probably rage. People often read fic to have a "viewer" view of the events happen in their favorite show. Usually, its shows a better or different point of view but it didn't change the fact that the MC will get more love (or harem) in fics. Though it maybe varied on readers but most of the people I know read fics for self satisfaction that the readers/watchers can't get on canon.

I'll ask you if you if its fun to read a story where you know the enemy is impossible to beat?

even I will shout this is unfair and if its a game I till throttle the company that your game is "junk"

well that's me and all. its fanfiction anyway and other said its your story, you decide plus its really for self satisfaction because you want to recreate or remake the scene you watch/read into what you want.

And I always voted for darker MC. GO FOR A FIC WITH DARK TOUMA!!!!

I really can't enjoy the loud mouth, naive and annoying MC's. I don't see fun on them aside from SoL genre story.
Old 2014-04-16, 11:01   Link #6250
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Weirdest dream team-up ever... Touma(Kamachi), Satsujinki(Nasu), Kouta(Urobutchi).
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 11:12   Link #6251
tsunade666

Kouta? from elfen lied? among the other Kouta is the only unknown or unsure to me.

Touma and Shiki are both of my favorite specially their ability. Imagine Breaker and Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.
Old 2014-04-16, 11:13   Link #6252
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...it's weird because I'm referring to Kamen Rider Gaim. A children's morning TV show with Urobutchi as lead writer.
Old 2014-04-16, 11:25   Link #6253
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
...it's weird because I'm referring to Kamen Rider Gaim. A children's morning TV show with Urobutchi as lead writer.
are you serious?.... is it the same urobutcher? because I don't follow them on what they write or work on so I don't know... but seriously... a kamen rider show... >_>
Old 2014-04-16, 11:30   Link #6254
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yes, it's the Urobutcher. But he's been pretty tame thus far. Only 2 named character deaths.

To add more to the weirdness, you have ImagineBreaker, mystic eyes of death perception and... Fruit themed power armor?
Old 2014-04-16, 11:36   Link #6255
tsunade666

........................ what?

fruit.... themed.... power armor? 0_0
Old 2014-04-16, 11:43   Link #6256
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well fruit/nut-samurai/ninja/knight/gladiator themed if you want to get technical.

The power armor is derived from organisms of another dimension, I'm wondering if IB can negate such things.
Old 2014-04-16, 11:55   Link #6257
LevelSeven

a fanfic idea about touma.....

sounds incredible right??

Spoiler for the idea:
Old 2014-04-16, 12:00   Link #6258
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...Fukiyose Seiri?
Old 2014-04-16, 13:13   Link #6259
LevelSeven

Quote:
...Fukiyose Seiri?
No, fukiyose is made like a usual anime girl....
she has stuff which makes her unique: fighting ability, this healthy products, gaint forehead etc.
Himegami: gemstone,quiet, emo-girl (sort of)....

I mean a completly normal Level 0 who acts like a normal human would do without the typical carachteristics of moe or ecchi girls.....
she has friends, is a Level 0, was never in a fight, never in a life or death situation, is average intelligent, is average athletic, isnt dere, wouldnt blush only because a boy talks with her (hence a girl from this world)
in short: she is one of this chars who are only in the background without moving because it makes the overall "picture" of that scene better....

and since she is so normal that she will never be in such dangerous situations it is impossible for touma to use his "saved-and-now-into-the-harem-BS"....
he will try the things normal people would try but fails horrible, his friends arent normal either and the person who has a girlfriend has no idea how to make such things....
Old 2014-04-16, 13:28   Link #6260
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...Tatsugami Otohime?

Well if you know Japanese girls then sure.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction