AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-15, 21:45   Link #561
OutSmart
Comic Relief

I loved this show.. I rly did.

My favourite character was lovely Nice (but I saw it in japanese), rail tracer, Luck Gandor (looks cool as hell) and the Isaac/Miria comic relief duo.

This was a very complete, well balanced anime, Loved how they pulled off all those back and forward scenes and still make the story move on smoothly.

9/10, great show

It's OutSmart Aproved!
Old 2009-04-16, 03:52   Link #562
Jin!
Blah!

just started
the artwork kinda reminds me of FMA
really good pulp fiction type!
Jin! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 13:36   Link #563
OutSmart
Comic Relief

LOL coincidence.

I'm starting FMA to replace Baccano! lol ^^
Old 2009-05-20, 02:41   Link #564
canza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsus View Post
Episode 3 is out by Ayu and I still don't know what to think of this.
  • Good art overall
  • Some cool characters (Firo and Nice)
  • Original setting: Don't see a lot of shows set in 1930s America

Then again...
  • Most characters are grating: Jacuzzi, Isaac, Miria and Ladd especially. I know they're probably meant to be as ditzy / crazy as they come across to me, but does it have to be emphasized like this?
  • The jumps in the story telling are getting faster and faster: Firo gets a hat, Jacuzzi whines, dredging the harbor, mouse, fight, bodies.

At this time I'm not sure whether this is just a rollercoaster ride or a massive train wreck waiting to happen.

Oh well, next ep then.
What the hellll are you talking about. Isaac and Miria are the coolest and best characters in the damn anime. They aren't grating. They are the best! You better take that back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
They aren't freaking annoying, they are freaking awesome. Isaac and Miria are the best and you better freaking know it. You better admit they aren't annoying now.
Old 2009-05-20, 09:00   Link #565
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

^ Way to dig up old posts, man. Though I must agree with you about Isaac and Miria.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 23:52   Link #566
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Just finished watching this one. And it was really, really good. It was also well balanced, having the dastard bad guys and the goofy clowns, good stuff. It sure did get confusing at some points, I hate to sit down and think it through, it jumped around so much.

Also, the only show I've seen that puts recaps in the middle of the OP.
Old 2009-11-22, 11:37   Link #567
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Saw this one back in September when Funi announced that they would be streaming it dubbed on Hulu (think they still are) and I really liked it. Debating whether or not to get the box set since I'm not sure how many times I would want to re-watch it, but since I already want to re-watch it I think that's a good enough reason to buy it.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 23:53   Link #568
Dreamy_Hunter

Finish Baccano a while ago and I think it's a unique anime. The style of the story is confusing at some points but if you read wikipedia and re-watch it again, everything is well-written. The OP is just fantastic! I love it so much! One of the best OP I have ever seen and really fitting to theme too.
I wish there would be another season, based on the light novel or not.
Dreamy_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 07:31   Link #569
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy_Hunter View Post
I wish there would be another season, based on the light novel or not.
Totally agree with you
Even I re-watch it for several times this anime is still good for me
Old 2010-01-06, 08:14   Link #570
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This anime must be watched at least twice to fully grasp it. You can only catch so much the first time around. And when you watch it the second time, you'll love it even more.
Old 2010-01-09, 23:05   Link #571
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Also, the only show I've seen that puts recaps in the middle of the OP.
But those weren't your regular recaps (as you've probably noticed). They didn't simply show what had happened in the previous episode, they showed what happened in the previous episodes that would be relevant and the viewers would need to remember for the current one. Which was pretty smart of them.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 17:42   Link #572
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just wanted to post this for the people who might miss out. If you're someone who enjoyed Baccano, then you should check out the now airing Durarara. Both titles were original novels written by Narita Ryougo, and both anime adaptations are by Brains Base, and both directed by Takahiro Omori.

Just check out the OP, and you'll know what i mean. Not to mention both shows are very similar with the way the story is presented, along with the very large cast. Hopefully you shouldn't be disappointed.
Old 2010-02-19, 00:27   Link #573
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Baccano! is now in RightStuf's bargain bin and selling for just $8/disc. I already had disc 1 and the box, so I filled in the remainder for only $24! The artbox and disc 1 cost just $10, so if you've ever considered forking over some cash for this excellent show, there's never been a better time!

Otherwise Rail Tracer might drop by your house to lend you a little "encouragement."
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 03:12   Link #574
lilChopwithaTwist

one of my fave animes..i mad that it ended so fast.
lilChopwithaTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:30   Link #575
rainy849

Anyone know who these characters are??

rainy849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 21:05   Link #576
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Spoiler for Sharon and Claudia Walken:
The girl is Claudia Walken, the talented child actor.

The boy is Sharon Walken, the stuntman who is Claudia 's brother. He inherited his great grandfather's name.

Note the resemblance to Chane and Claire.

They work for John Dorokkusu (or whatever his name would be in English - Drox?), the film director. He's the 3rd person in your picture.

They are from the year 2002.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-08-15 at 22:15.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 00:43   Link #577
Alchemist007
*Author

Totally going to check out the novels one day, it's too bad there isn't more than 16 episodes for the anime.

Rightstuf has the full dvd set for $16.
Old 2014-07-21, 21:11   Link #578
BloodyHell

Finished Baccano! A while ago and I gotta say it's a beautiful, confounding mess and delight.

You'd expect a series mostly set in the Great Depression with so much violence and danger to be...depressing, but
in the end, it's a joy to watch. It's a suspenseful series with such a large cast that it feels like no one is armed with plot armor-no one, even the "immortals," are guaranteed to come out of this insanity alive. There is a palpable feeling of danger. And when it wraps up, even with a few threads left dangling, some justice has been served, and even better, some characters find love. While the series ends on an epilogue that feels a bit flat, it left me with the best possible feeling: a mixture of contentment and a hunger to see more.
BloodyHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 12:03   Link #579
Cruachan
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyHell View Post
Finished Baccano! A while ago and I gotta say it's a beautiful, confounding mess and delight.

You'd expect a series mostly set in the Great Depression with so much violence and danger to be...depressing, but
in the end, it's a joy to watch. It's a suspenseful series with such a large cast that it feels like no one is armed with plot armor-no one, even the "immortals," are guaranteed to come out of this insanity alive. There is a palpable feeling of danger. And when it wraps up, even with a few threads left dangling, some justice has been served, and even better, some characters find love. While the series ends on an epilogue that feels a bit flat, it left me with the best possible feeling: a mixture of contentment and a hunger to see more.
I felt the same way, and when watching it a second time, I felt way more content with how most of it was wrapped up. I would say that if it weren't for the characters being so good, I would question whether it was actually a quality series or if I was just tricked by the story telling technique.
Cruachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 17:51   Link #580
Queen of Corners

So, because I'm not really sure where else to ask, does anyone have any idea about this 2003 plot going on in the LNs? I think I read about it either in a translator's note somewhere or an author's note. IIRC, it was mentioned after the 2002 books. In order, it mentioned the stories covering the 1700s, the 1935 and 2003.

From what I did find on baka-tsuki, the 1700s are done and 1935 is either in progress or done, so I'm guessing that there are no translations for 2003? Or is it that the LNs are still ongoing? If it's the latter, then you people have no right to let the forum die this way! Come on! Was I the only one who found SAMPLE completely disturbing even after everything else we've had thrown our way? And that ending... DAT ENDING. Just... boy, I was pissed.

I guess... I'm just sad that there's nobody paying attention here when there's definitely things to talk about. Liven it up a bit, people. And after seeing that Durarara is getting the second season, heck the DIGIMON ADVENTURE is getting another season, then maybe, just maybe, there's a chance for Baccano to get a second season too. I still hope. And I'll keep on hoping for a good, long while.
Queen of Corners is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, crime, historical, shounen, supernatural