Old 2014-04-30, 07:07   Link #1221
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

.....those princes...are so stupid, they still think they can win lol
Old 2014-04-30, 07:35   Link #1222
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Dat Bunny ass......

Anyway, Tuka needs to face the facts that her father is dead.
Old 2014-04-30, 07:38   Link #1223
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Dat Bunny ass......

I wonder with all those demi-humans, how much or which parts of their bodies are covered in fur and how it would feel to the touch.
I know there are visual cues of their furry arms and legs... but other parts, i wonder...
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 07:45   Link #1224
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
If the C-130 or C-17 can drop a GBU-43 MOAB, it certainly could drop a Tall boy or Grand slam of similar size/weight strapped to a crate or jig.

And speaking of prop planes.

And got visual confirmation from this chapter that indeed the prop plane parked on the tarmac besides the F-4s last chapter was a MU-2.
Oh there's still something bigger:
STRATOFORTRESS!!!
The question: How will the empire respond to this kind of threat that not even dragons can reach. (Cause they'll die of Asphyxiation) Nor they can even control (Cause human's won't even last there due to heat.) Not to mention, Ozone is incredibly deadly
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 08:47   Link #1225
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Oh there's still something bigger:
STRATOFORTRESS!!!
The question: How will the empire respond to this kind of threat that not even dragons can reach. (Cause they'll die of Asphyxiation) Nor they can even control (Cause human's won't even last there due to heat.) Not to mention, Ozone is incredibly deadly
You know you should do some research first.

I don't question the size of the stratofortress. But first you have too look at the bomb bay size, and secondly the logistics of hanging a non-standard bomb from it. The size of the bomb bay is around 2.5 meters by 8.5 meters.

The GBU-43 MOAB is just over 9 meters long thus doesn't fit, and was tested and dropped from the cargo bay of C-130s
The Gran Slam is 8.1 meters long, it would barely fit lenghtwise and because of it's size/diameter it would cause clearance problems when dropping it, as in getting stuck or hitting the bay because of speed and aerodynamic forces. Also the logistics of rigging a WWII bomb into a modern bomber.
The only "huge bomb" tested to be dropped from the B-52 and B-2 was the GBU-57 and that's because it is 6 meters long.
Instead of going by the "rule of cool" why not think what's easier and logistically feasible?

Second, heat & ozone, really? Yeah, asphyxiation and hypothermia would be dangers at the heights modern planes fly. But ozone? You know the ozone layer is at 12-19 mile height or 64,000-100,000 feet, while modern planes "normally" fly at 30,000-50,000 feet including military planes. So I don't see where ozone danger comes from when there are other dangers before you even reach that height. As for heat, I think it's the language barrier, but at those heights it's cold temperatures, NOT heat, the risk.
Old 2014-04-30, 08:49   Link #1226
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
You know you should do some research first.

I don't question the size of the stratofortress. But first you have too look at the bomb bay size, and secondly the logistics of hanging a non-standard bomb from it. The size of the bomb bay is around 2.5 meters by 8.5 meters.

The GBU-43 MOAB is just over 9 meters long thus doesn't fit, and was tested and dropped from the cargo bay of C-130s
The Gran Slam is 8.1 meters long and because of it's size i would cause clearance problems when dropping it. Also the logistics of rigging a WWII bomb into a modern bomber.
The only "huge bomb" tested on the B-52 was the GBU-57 that's because it is 6 meters long.

Second, ozone? Yeah, asphyxiation and hypothermia would be dangers at the heights modern planes fly. But ozone? You know the ozone layer is at 12-19 mile height or 64,000-100,000 feet, while planes fly at 30,000-50,000 feet. So I don't see where ozone danger comes from.
Kinda forgot that the only planes that can go beyond the Ozone are the Bell-X(perimental)
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 09:59   Link #1227
ZeKeR
Superbad

assuming if a human can actually ride a freakin' dragon, the highest it could reach may be equivalent to birdmen race/harpy types and still breathe and the empire has no buildings that pierce the sky (this is what i've wondered in the early ages, buildings tend to spread on the ground instead of getting up save the walls) so the ceiling may have been lowered since its a new world and all.

tho the stratobomber is the most conventional way of sending middle fingers, its gonna take a long time to get that through the gate. as for the fighter-bombers, the carrier based ones as well as the Tomcats could probably slide in there or grab that MiG that looks like a freakin' rocket with wings taped on.

a MOAB blast would be awe-inspiring but at the same time may cause excessive damage. knocking out key targets such as the senate building would be viable but dropping that on the building may as well take out a large chunk out of the royal palace as well as probably reaching the civilian buildings.

... now this makes me want them to deploy an AC-130 during the capital assault to scare the living crap out of the poor saps.
Old 2014-04-30, 10:11   Link #1228
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

The Emperor's remark about the Japanese being weak for protecting civilians is really pathetic.He's making himself look like a sore loser.Can't tell if he is trying to save face in front of his subjects or was he delusional enough to mean it.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 21:46   Link #1229
Top Sergeant

For the bomber tangent: a B-52 would be handy if you wanted to do an arc-light strike Not so much the size of the bomb, as the number of the bombs.

For the main thread: I don't think Tuka is going to enjoy the little talk Rory is going to have with her, but I think it may be necessary. Perhaps Rory has the power to call forth the ghost of Tuka's father? She might believe it if Daddy tells her.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 23:03   Link #1230
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
For the bomber tangent: a B-52 would be handy if you wanted to do an arc-light strike Not so much the size of the bomb, as the number of the bombs.

For the main thread: I don't think Tuka is going to enjoy the little talk Rory is going to have with her, but I think it may be necessary. Perhaps Rory has the power to call forth the ghost of Tuka's father? She might believe it if Daddy tells her.
well she IS a demigod but isn't Emroy the one who takes the soul for the lulz of it?

the nurse and by extension Itami may also have a general idea how to lessen the shock. hell since she looks like a college student and Itami... well... the normal salaryman age, he could fill in as surrogate father.

as for the B-52, define 'arc-light'. also, that thing is probably the ultimate method for saturation bombing but leveling the whole freakin' capital wont do them squat and a LOT of collateral damage will be the main issue as well bitchfits from the bureaucrats.
Old 2014-04-30, 23:31   Link #1231
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Dat Bunny ass......

Eh, about that....
Old 2014-05-01, 01:49   Link #1232
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Eh, about that....
if there's the aspect of necromancy or anything related, I shall ride on a llama and cry nope to the horizon.
Old 2014-05-01, 06:29   Link #1233
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post

as for the B-52, define 'arc-light'. also, that thing is probably the ultimate method for saturation bombing but leveling the whole freakin' capital wont do them squat and a LOT of collateral damage will be the main issue as well bitchfits from the bureaucrats.
No, don't bomb the capital. Bomb the army when its on the march out in the wilderness. No need to endanger non combatants needlessly. Such action might even cause the refugees to distrust and / or dislike them.

"arc-light' is a slang term used to describe a night time bombing mission in which so much ordnance is dropped that those viewing from the distance see great arcs of lightning; basically such massive static friction is generated from the multiple blast waves from heavy ordnance that ground level lighting is created.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 06:39   Link #1234
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post

There's still the problem of getting a B-52 since the JSDF don't have any and with all the political tension with the USA, I don't think it would be a good idea to ask them for one. . And also the problem of disassembling and reassembling it on the other side of the gate if they ever got one lol.
Old 2014-05-01, 07:28   Link #1235
Velsy

Some reason that bunny slave is getting on my nerves. Maybe its her masochism annoying me But also how shes making light of the slaves and the one that died without a care in the world.

Its finally Roris turn and have to wait til the next chapter. Hopefully she can deal with Tuka and put an end to her silly carrying on. But I really want to see Rori do something to the dark elf <.<

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 10:51   Link #1236
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Some reason that bunny slave is getting on my nerves. Maybe its her masochism annoying me But also how shes making light of the slaves and the one that died without a care in the world.

Its finally Roris turn and have to wait til the next chapter. Hopefully she can deal with Tuka and put an end to her silly carrying on. But I really want to see Rori do something to the dark elf <.<
Heh funny cause earlier today I was wondering if any else felt somewhat conflicted about the bunny girl.
See for me it's on the one hand, I know I should feel pity for her and what has happened to her and see that she gets her revenge.
But on the other hand, I'm somewhat looking forward to when she finds out about what happened to her people and how she's defended the person responsible for it and how she will despair over it.

Not the first pitable person I don't end up feeling pity for.

For the bomber stuff, I'd like to see a B-52 bring freedoms but personally would like to see a Ac-130, would be more fun seeing that tear up the battle field and the mooks not havinga clue what it is but I also want to se my tank blitzkrieg as well
Old 2014-05-01, 13:36   Link #1237
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The Japanese...getting a strategic bomber? I'm pretty much sure this goes against Article 9 of the Post-War Constitution or would be considered by the international community (including the Americans, who might be extremely reluctant to part with even one of their precious B52s; remember, Boeing stopped manufacturing new B52s in 1962 - and the old beast is supposed to last way into the 2040s without restarting production) as a sign that Japan wants to do away with A9 (thereby pissing off a large part of Southeast Asia, especially Seoul and Beijing). Otherworldly invasion or not, A9 remains in effect.

So...guys, forget about Tallboy-sized bombs and strategic bombers; Japan won't be allowed to purchase any foreign military technology that cannot be considered defensive. Grand Slams and Stratofortresses have a purely offensive role, whereas tanks, destroyers and fighters can be used to fend off invaders or aggressors. Think about it: the Japanese have access to the US' most sophisticated anti-ballistic missile, the RIM-161 Standard SM-3 (which they test-fire for both themselves and the US Navy), but not to the even more famous Tomahawk cruise missile...because the latter is a purely attack-oriented weapon (though the JMSDF could have been cleared to buy the now-retired TASM antiship variant).

After WWII, Japan forsook its right to belligerency, but no matter how you look at it...GSs, TBs and B52s are instruments of pure belligerency. The JASDF will have to make do with JDAMs, Paveways and dumb bombs.
Old 2014-05-01, 13:52   Link #1238
crow13

guys the bunny girl know that her home is destroyed she is just plotting revenge
and seriously isn't there any one in the royal family that can drop his stupid ego and understand that if they fight the man in green they are screwed
crow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 13:04   Link #1239
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'm not exactly sure what the benefit of a strategic bomber would be in this kind of environment. It's not like the JSDF needs to bomb people on other continents. And modern fighter jets can already carry maximum bomb-loads comparable to many WW2 bombers. Against a medieval opponent, that's completely sufficient for any bombing needs. Especially when you have the option of using smart weapons against specific targets.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 13:27   Link #1240
black_cat1

Smart weapons are too much for a medieval-opponent like the empire, normal bombs and rockets, shells can do the job perfectly. I mean, your enemy even does not have anti-aircraft then why should we bother using expensive weapons on them anyway.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction