Notices

Old 2007-06-17, 04:29   Link #61
280z

i cant wait
280z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 09:57   Link #62
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Well holy fecking shit. I've been waiting on this for a while now, and I totally missed the opening of the first episode. >_<

I'm on this one, as soon as I can get OMFG's first episode sub (don't know how long it'll take though, BT is taking forever). As an ID follower and a WMMT2 player, I want to see how this turns out.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 21:11   Link #63
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
For some reason that is unknown to me, some of the people from the sola section seemed to be moving here (in addition to the others). I do not know is it a good thing or a bad thing, but the more the merrier.

I'm waiting to see whether the Takayuki Kuroki's FLAT BCNR33 Skyline GT-R will be seeing action in this season or not, it's rare to see a R33 that can beat the heck out of someone without cheating or anything (in Japan they're left in the dust by the R32s and R34s most of the time), while still managing to be awesome. And dual HKS GT3037s (according to on Japanese site, that is) ftw.

Last edited by kct; 2007-06-17 at 21:24.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 21:51   Link #64
Ascaloth

Well, as for me, my affiliation to Sola has no bearing on my decision to follow WM whatsoever; I just happen to be a WMMT2 player, so it just follows naturally that I'll want to catch this.

Alright, just finished the OMFG sub DL, so I'm gonna go watch it now and get back to you guys in a few...
Old 2007-06-17, 21:56   Link #65
kct

I've been on the manga for some time before WMMT2 (too bad the local arcade charges a 'premium' for it, otherwise the white Skyline like the one in my sig would have seen the day, currently driving a black full-tuned R34). I can't wait to see how WMMT3 is like, I got a feeling everyone wants to take the Avalanche.

I gonna stick to my black R34.
Old 2007-06-17, 22:29   Link #66
280z

Anyone know when ep02 subbed is coming out?
Old 2007-06-17, 22:35   Link #67
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
I've been on the manga for some time before WMMT2 (too bad the local arcade charges a 'premium' for it, otherwise the white Skyline like the one in my sig would have seen the day, currently driving a black full-tuned R34). I can't wait to see how WMMT3 is like, I got a feeling everyone wants to take the Avalanche.

I gonna stick to my black R34.
I've seen as much of the manga as has actually been English-scanlated, so that's really only so many spoilers I know about the storyline actually. If I can find a Chinese-scanlated version, perhaps I could read further, but the trick remains finding it. >_<

Anyway, finished Ep01. Not a bad take on the source material, to be entirely serious, although since I know shit all about what the Devil Z or the Blackbird is supposed to sound like, I can't judge on that. I didn't really expect the soft-focus effect they use on the Wangan, but it didn't work out too badly. The BGM is also different from the trance used in the WMMT2 arcade game too, although it does not sound unfitting so. I do hope they turn to it later on, though; what I wouldn't give to hear "Stream of Tears" or "Atheist on the Highway" at some point or other.

Some things I'm, no not nitpicking, but rather just wondering about however. For one thing, I know Keiichi Tsuchiya is in on this....but what does Dori-Dori have to do with Wangan? Perhaps we'll see some drifting if they animate the hard corners, so here's fingers crossed.

And talking about animating the hard corners, Ep01 didn't really provide too many thrills, but considering we're not even into the actual first Devil-Blackbird battle yet, I'm not about to start faulting. I do hope they don't just stick to the drag racing however; after all, the thrill of WMMT2 was not in the straight lines, but in the demonically hard turns, and I sure hope that they'll animate it such that the feel of watching this anime is almost the same as actually playing the game, too. So, that is all.

As for me, I'm waiting to see what WMMT3 looks like too. If it performs the same way as it did WMMT2, I'm sticking to my Scarlet Evo too....although considering the changes made to the car list, it'll probably magically transform from an VIII to a IX.
Old 2007-06-18, 02:01   Link #68
kct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Some things I'm, no not nitpicking, but rather just wondering about however. For one thing, I know Keiichi Tsuchiya is in on this....but what does Dori-Dori have to do with Wangan? Perhaps we'll see some drifting if they animate the hard corners, so here's fingers crossed.
Nope, although Dori-Dori is known as the Drift King around the world, he is involved in other forms of motor sports other than drifting, such as circuit racing (he is a manager of one of the Super GT teams at one point). His input and knowledge of things car-related will help in the technical stuff in Wangan Midnight, considering how it is even more technical in everything than what Initial D have done.

Quote:
And talking about animating the hard corners, Ep01 didn't really provide too many thrills, but considering we're not even into the actual first Devil-Blackbird battle yet, I'm not about to start faulting. I do hope they don't just stick to the drag racing however; after all, the thrill of WMMT2 was not in the straight lines, but in the demonically hard turns, and I sure hope that they'll animate it such that the feel of watching this anime is almost the same as actually playing the game, too. So, that is all.
I would love to see that too, personally, although if the anime ever covered the Hakone arc we might see some of those (and bits of drifting).

Quote:
As for me, I'm waiting to see what WMMT3 looks like too. If it performs the same way as it did WMMT2, I'm sticking to my Scarlet Evo too....although considering the changes made to the car list, it'll probably magically transform from an VIII to a IX.
If it is happening in V4 of the Initial D game, it might happen here.
Old 2007-06-18, 02:07   Link #69
280z

I doubt and hope we dont see drifting. Highway racing + drift do not mix. The cars are tuned for maximum speed and stability not drifting.
Old 2007-06-18, 03:39   Link #70
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z View Post
I doubt and hope we dont see drifting. Highway racing + drift do not mix. The cars are tuned for maximum speed and stability not drifting.
Okay, if not drifting, then how does a couple of spectacular crashouts sound?
Old 2007-06-18, 05:41   Link #71
Nomake Wan
One Man Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan
Okay, a little update for you guys so you're not left out.

1.) The raw for episodes 1 and 2 (new) are much much much much cleaner than the original episode 1 raw. That "soft focus effect" you speak of is really just poor quality. You'll see what I mean with v2...

2.) I'm really sorry... I wanted a Sunday release, or at worst a Monday release. But I have to give up right now at 15 minutes out of 23 subbed because I'm way too tired to finish (life kept killing my time Sunday). And I have to be on a trip out-of-town today... no idea when I'll be back. As such I dunno when the release will be; today or tomorrow.

Grah... just grah...
Nomake Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 08:21   Link #72
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

^ so your the one whose subbing this cool anime w/ lots of CARS <3

we really appreciate it!!^^ thanks for your hardwork!!^^
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 09:02   Link #73
kct

Quote:
Okay, if not drifting, then how does a couple of spectacular crashouts sound?
Happens a lot of times compared to Initial D.
Old 2007-06-18, 09:17   Link #74
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Happens a lot of times compared to Initial D.
I know.
Old 2007-06-19, 04:48   Link #75
Nomake Wan
One Man Fansubber

Well, episode 2 is out... yay... yayayayayayay...

Still working on episode 1 version 2. For whatever reason the timed script absolutely refuses to sync with the new raw (oddly enough they start at the exact same timecode but get progressively more late), so I have to re-time it by hand. It should be finished in an hour or two from now and uploaded.

Enjoy, as always.
Old 2007-06-19, 06:34   Link #76
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
Well, episode 2 is out... yay... yayayayayayay...

Still working on episode 1 version 2. For whatever reason the timed script absolutely refuses to sync with the new raw (oddly enough they start at the exact same timecode but get progressively more late), so I have to re-time it by hand. It should be finished in an hour or two from now and uploaded.

Enjoy, as always.
Yay.

I notice that the file for Episode 2 is almost half as big as Episode 1....what gives? And is the one I'm DLing for Episode 2 made from the 'inferior' or the 'superior' RAW?
Old 2007-06-19, 07:38   Link #77
Nomake Wan
One Man Fansubber

Not sure what's going on there...

Anyway, episode 1 version 2 is out. Nab it from all the likely suspects.
Old 2007-06-19, 08:22   Link #78
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
Not sure what's going on there...

Anyway, episode 1 version 2 is out. Nab it from all the likely suspects.
Animesuki's WM listings still show Episode 1, without the "V2" tag you promised....so, is what I'm seeing now the V2?

EDIT: Actually, NVM. TT has it right, so I'm going from there...
Old 2007-06-19, 14:54   Link #79
BOZZY

Quote:
Animesuki's WM listings still show Episode 1, without the "V2" tag you promised....so, is what I'm seeing now the V2?

EDIT: Actually, NVM. TT has it right, so I'm going from there...
It's out now on Animesuki... Nomake here submitted the torrent for it about an hour before your post...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 19:13   Link #80
totalnet

Quote:
Well, as for me, my affiliation to Sola has no bearing on my decision to follow WM whatsoever; I just happen to be a WMMT2 player, so it just follows naturally that I'll want to catch this.

Alright, just finished the OMFG sub DL, so I'm gonna go watch it now and get back to you guys in a few...
Hey, here's a Sola connection. In episode 2, listen to the voice of Eriko Asakura, the dead driver's sister.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
racing, seinen