AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-15, 16:17   Link #161
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Based on more info released, the Chinese setting is not Hong Kong or Macau.

Also...

Spoiler for Setting:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 16:28   Link #162
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Based on more info released, the Chinese setting is not Hong Kong or Macau.

Also...

Spoiler for Setting:
The closest person I can draw him to is HUNK. After Umbrella capitulated, people like him can only find work killing others. And he is a master at it - most of the people he will be killing won't be as fast or strong as the Lickers or Tyrants he encountered in Raccoon City, but they would probably be as crazy as Birkin.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 17:58   Link #163
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If the roll function is implemented and is like (wait for it....) Gears, this would completely remove the need for slow paced enemies, unless roll and slide dodge have a cooldown timing...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 18:03   Link #164
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I'll make myself happy with Syndicate and Operation Raccoon City. Skyrim is messing up my computer.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-02-15, 18:04   Link #165
com_gwp

Or, they could throw you more enemies than you can count coming at you from all directions. Where would you roll to then?

But tbh, RE doesn't need a roll, does it?
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 18:10   Link #166
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Or, they could throw you more enemies than you can count coming at you from all directions. Where would you roll to then?
Shotgun -> Roll

Anyway rolling also usually comes with a moment of invincibility.

But I don't mean that you're be overpowered, it's just that the enemies would be made alot tougher to compensate.

Think the Husks from Mass Effect for some examples of a fast moving zombie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
But tbh, RE doesn't need a roll, does it?
I don't think so either.

But five years ago people didn't think RE needs a over the shoulder camera either so... *shrugged*
Old 2012-02-15, 18:24   Link #167
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Shotgun -> Roll

Anyway rolling also usually comes with a moment of invincibility.

But I don't mean that you're be overpowered, it's just that the enemies would be made alot tougher to compensate.

Think the Husks from Mass Effect for some examples of a fast moving zombie.

I don't think so either.

But five years ago people didn't think RE needs a over the shoulder camera either so... *shrugged*
Hey it's becoming more like vanquish, all it needs is a boost slide and slow-mo. This isn't an insult Vanquish pretty much has the best single player 3rd person shooter gameplay.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 20:20   Link #168
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Hey it's becoming more like vanquish, all it needs is a boost slide and slow-mo. This isn't an insult Vanquish pretty much has the best single player 3rd person shooter gameplay.
That's WAYYY too fast paced

I like RE:R's Move-Shoot and easy inventory access in addition to the RE4/5 gameplay, though I wish I could do more melee actions Guns are cool, but melee is satisfying
Old 2012-02-15, 22:04   Link #169
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://andriasang.com/comzz3/re6_details/

The game is 50% complete.
While they're aiming to bring back the feeling of horror with the game, this isn't an attempt to return the series back to its origins.
They're aiming for the greatest volume in series history.
The game's third main character is meant to be someone young people can relate to.
The President shown in the trailer -- the one who attacks Leon -- is the president who followed Ashley's dad. It's President Adam
The zombies in the game did not become zombies due to the T-Virus.
They're aiming to make it a Resident Evil that is enjoyable to control, with a revamped control scheme. You'll be able to move slowly left and right while holding your gun, and perform such moves as 180 degree turn, quick front/back/side evade, covering and so-forth.
Old 2012-02-16, 03:42   Link #170
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So the Zombies in RE6 aren't the old zombies but Fast Zombies + they can use weapons. Well like plagas.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 04:44   Link #171
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
http://andriasang.com/comzz3/re6_details/

The game is 50% complete.
While they're aiming to bring back the feeling of horror with the game, this isn't an attempt to return the series back to its origins.
They're aiming for the greatest volume in series history.
The game's third main character is meant to be someone young people can relate to.
The President shown in the trailer -- the one who attacks Leon -- is the president who followed Ashley's dad. It's President Adam
The zombies in the game did not become zombies due to the T-Virus.
They're aiming to make it a Resident Evil that is enjoyable to control, with a revamped control scheme. You'll be able to move slowly left and right while holding your gun, and perform such moves as 180 degree turn, quick front/back/side evade, covering and so-forth.
I don't think they understand that what the fans want - the reason we like Resident Evil is despite the high damage the zombies can do in melee (4-5 bites and you are dead, 2 swipes from a licker/hunter) is the advantage we have in firearms.

Zombie -> Shotgun is the perfect marriage, not Zombie x Shotgun. Anyone read one of the memos in the police station about a police officer who became best friends with his Mossberg, before turning it on himself?

Old 2012-02-16, 12:36   Link #172
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't think they understand that what the fans want - the reason we like Resident Evil is despite the high damage the zombies can do in melee (4-5 bites and you are dead, 2 swipes from a licker/hunter) is the advantage we have in firearms.

Zombie -> Shotgun is the perfect marriage, not Zombie x Shotgun. Anyone read one of the memos in the police station about a police officer who became best friends with his Mossberg, before turning it on himself?
Resident Evil has had enemies with ranged weapons for the last two major games now. The plagas in 4 had ranged crossbows, and the later plagas in RE5 has machine guns.

Besides, you need to make the enemies more dangerious if the player has the ability to move and shoot at the same time. Basic zombies just wouldn't be dangerious anymore.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 13:23   Link #173
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Resident Evil has had enemies with ranged weapons for the last two major games now. The plagas in 4 had ranged crossbows, and the later plagas in RE5 has machine guns.

Besides, you need to make the enemies more dangerious if the player has the ability to move and shoot at the same time. Basic zombies just wouldn't be dangerious anymore.
That is where the limited ammo part comes in - you practically have to conserve every shot ingame, make use of barrels and bombs and the knife. That is the real challenge - to survive. RE3 became a gamebreaker because you practically have more ammo than you need at the start even without mixing powder; you can clusterf*** the zombies by luring them into a tight bunch and blasting off their legs with the shotgun, then knife them to death one by one.

The new RE is about shooting and dodging and taking cover while enemies attack you with weapons of all sorts - I already got sick of that in Gears of War.

Old 2012-02-16, 16:54   Link #174
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I heard this magical thing for 'Limited Ammo' and I call bs on it- Everybody's gonna hoard bullets so that it's no longer limited before engaging in the enemy.

And your complain seem to sound like old men not wanting change; why? Because you can still do all that with the new enemies... Hell, you're telling me that most zombie engagement in the old RE doesn't involve shooting and dodging?

Don't be an Ishihara.
Old 2012-02-16, 17:28   Link #175
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I heard this magical thing for 'Limited Ammo' and I call bs on it- Everybody's gonna hoard bullets so that it's no longer limited before engaging in the enemy.

And your complain seem to sound like old men not wanting change; why? Because you can still do all that with the new enemies... Hell, you're telling me that most zombie engagement in the old RE doesn't involve shooting and dodging?

Don't be an Ishihara.
Please don't equate me to a less than intelligent underling of some self-righteous hypocritical organisation.

I have played every single resident evil game, save for the Wii ones. I find the games less and less enjoyable with each instalment after Veronica, nothing seems to scare me anymore.

RE3.5 was a brilliant concept, until they changed it to make it more bright. No more dark spots and closets where zombies could burst out. The element of not being able to sleep at night after playing the game is gone - and that is what Resident Evil is about. And no more shoot-two-rounds, run-to-the-side challenges - button mashing to dodge is boring.

Don't give me Silent Hill as an alternative. The games doesn't have the thrill of shooting something that is about to kill you - you can't defeat the bosses with bags of patience and a knife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Finally someone mentioned Vanquish. That is what a TPS should be like.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-02-16 at 17:41.
Old 2012-02-16, 17:31   Link #176
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I didn't played RE before until I bumped on Leon on RE4 and seeing that the character and angle of shooting is them same... well count me in for a bloody night...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 17:52   Link #177
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

I have played every single resident evil game, save for the Wii ones. I find the games less and less enjoyable with each instalment after Veronica, nothing seems to scare me anymore.
Ever thought that it's because you're now older?

I used to be afraid of the dark and couldn't sleep by myself when I was a kid...

Quote:
RE3.5 was a brilliant concept, until they changed it to make it more bright. No more dark spots and closets where zombies could burst out. The element of not being able to sleep at night after playing the game is gone - and that is what Resident Evil is about. And no more shoot-two-rounds, run-to-the-side challenges - button mashing to dodge is boring.
Yeah, because killing Zombies and Lickers were originally so different- I've seen the videos, you run, you shoot they die, simple. It's only a matter of numbers.

And judging from your statement, you probably didn't play Revelations.
Old 2012-02-16, 18:02   Link #178
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
That's a bit too recent for most people here to have played.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 18:03   Link #179
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Truly speaking.... It's not the zombies that is scary, it's finding the way to end the game without being killed that is scary plus knowing that you have insufficient ammo while looking at a dozen of zombies blocking the exit'.

Bang, bang, bang...click, click, click (Sh&t....)
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 18:31   Link #180
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Ever thought that it's because you're now older?

I used to be afraid of the dark and couldn't sleep by myself when I was a kid...
Nope.

My guess is that I no longer have to brood over solving game puzzles or defeat bosses - in the past 2 years I have never been serious about playing any game, they have become way too simple to play. And it irks me because I can't seem to find a real challenge for my brain other than playing Starcraft 2 while eating dinner at the same time.

Quote:
Yeah, because killing Zombies and Lickers were originally so different- I've seen the videos, you run, you shoot they die, simple. It's only a matter of numbers.

I didn't because I am not rich enough to own a 3DS.

Might be a good game to touch on though.......now I need to find someone with a 3DS I can borrow.

In essence, the games doesn't require a brain to play anymore. All you need are reflexes on the controller. No more irritation till you want to fling the controller across the room. No more bugs to exploit. No more using environmental advantages to reduce the reach of your enemies - just button mashing to break free, swinging the joysticks like a prostitute serving two men at once, keeping the distance and putting potshots without waiting for them to get into a certain formation where you can hit them all in a single blow.

Fluid mechanics are welcome though. I am getting Operation Raccoon City - haven't had a good human teamwork experience in survival games since Outbreak.