AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-15, 11:14   Link #81
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Oh wow. How can such a light story trigger such a flame war? No need for ad hominem attacks.

As for raws: asking not allowed. I'm still hoping for better visual quality from Zilveari's group.
You call this a flame war? I can barely even feel the temperature raising.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 14:28   Link #82
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
You call this a flame war?
By animesuki standards: yes.
Old 2007-10-15, 15:46   Link #83
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
Oyasumi is back, we've finished tling ep 1, and are halfway through ep2. The YUA team is complete, and we're working on the series now. We'll be doing avi releases of the regular run, and when the widescreen run starts next week, we'll be releasing those in h264.

These WILL be quality releases

#oyasumi on rizon if you want to check them out. I hope to have ep1/2 out this week, and if we get our scheduling correct this week, ep3 will be out next weekend. We're hoping for weekend releases each week.
Zilveari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 18:37   Link #84
HinaThePrince

Tk3997 - Unlike Hobbes fan, you bring up some good points in an intelligent manner. However, if the only way to get out of a certain situation contradicts all forces of logic, don't create the damn situation in the first place! That's just a bad way of crafting a story.
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 19:13   Link #85
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

lol they are not making it yuri are they
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 20:37   Link #86
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
By animesuki standards: yes.
Pshaw! This is a “lively discussion” at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
Tk3997 - Unlike Hobbes fan, you bring up some good points in an intelligent manner. However, if the only way to get out of a certain situation contradicts all forces of logic, don't create the damn situation in the first place! That's just a bad way of crafting a story.
I must admit to being not quite sure what you mean by it contradicting logic if you mean that logically it shouldn’t have happened at all then yeah, just happening to have police around as a kidnapping is attempted is rather unlikely, but this is TV the laws of probability are going to be decidedly bent for the sake of entertainment.

Me I didn’t find this all that jarring or anything, exceedingly unlikely, but that’s just par for the course with “real life” settings ER shows always feature a stream of bizarre once in a lifetime medical cases, firefighter shows will always have freakishly intense fires and horrid accident ever week, and police officers on TV will always get involved in chases and shot outs at a rather alarming rate. People want to see something that’s familiar, but still a little extraordinary as the truly ordinary is boring, but the ordinary made a little extraordinary seems to have lasting appeal.

If this isn’t what you meant then I’d request clarification.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 18:05   Link #87
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
lol they are not making it yuri are they
Just advertising at its finest.

Personally I call it bait. And well, it works.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 17:25   Link #88
masama
use the fōrks ~

Natsumi and her newtype sense in ep3...
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 15:56   Link #89
raideralan

How come on episode three subbed by NAKED in the file name there is the word (Base)?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 16:44   Link #90
Lycestra
feed me weird things
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan View Post
How come on episode three subbed by NAKED in the file name there is the word (Base)?
It uses H264-baseline to be compatible with video iPods. not sure if it works or not. Don't have one here. But the quality took a hit because of it, I think.

The filename also has "NX" instead of "Naked". no more provocative filenames
Lycestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 16:46   Link #91
raideralan

Will they release another mp4 version with better quality?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 17:16   Link #92
guess

Aww, the quality really suffers. Is this what happen if it has to be ipod compatible? I just can't image there would be a lot more people watching fansub anime on ipod than on their PC (or TV?).
Old 2007-10-21, 17:17   Link #93
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

I have never watched the first two seasons or OVAs, but I noticed this and was wondering if I need to watch the first ones to know what is going on in this.

I did some light research and I found that they were cops in Japan, then LA, and at the end they split up as partners. Is that about it for back story?
Old 2007-10-21, 20:03   Link #94
Lycestra
feed me weird things
*Fansubber

in terms of plot continuity, there isn't all that much. It's pretty stand alone. All the continuity is in the characters. If you don't see the episode they first appeared, you might never get the whole story, but you'll still be able to enjoy their antics.

Not all too much for spoilers...

To list a few of the characters:
Kobayakawa Miyuki: semi-typical japanese with a gear-head geeky twist. really knows how to drive.
Natsumi: Brute amazon-like partner. drives anything with 2 wheels, and will only use 2 wheels of a car if ever put behind the wheel of one. no foolin'

Nakajima Ken: Bike cop, and effectively Miyuki's boyfriend. Everyone at the station realizes this except Miyuki and Nakajima. One of those innocent childish relationships.
Nikaido Yuriko: Stereotypical meganekko, not all too handy except for bad puns and screaming. But in a pinch, comes out with a huge luck roll and can save the day.
Futaba Aoi: He's the cross dresser. Can you guess which one he is? He's the most lady like of the bunch.
Kachou: Chief of the section at Bokuto
Tokairin: Natsumi's boyfriend. He's usually away, and is the only one in the series more fit than Natsumi
Saori: was a high school student in season 1, came in as a rookie in season 2. Has since transferred

Honda Today: the mini-patrol car they drive. Miyuki's baby. DO NOT SCRATCH
Moto-compo: Natsumi's mini-bike that tends to be kept in the back of the Today.

and a few others that i forgot the names, or the episode tends to revolve around if they appear:
Yuriko's rival: classmate of Yuriko. the only time she's taken second is behind Yuriko, and it tears her apart. Where she's serious, Yuriko is laid-back... that drives her nuts.
Enma-ou: scary older-gen cop who's been at this since "before you were in diapers." his nick name, Enma-ou, roughly adapts to "Lord Hades" after the underworld leader who is responsible for judging you. He reminds me of my japanese teacher... thats both good and bad.
Strike-Otoko: baseball obsessed vigilante. Calls Natsumi "Homerun Onna" after she showed him what for.
Lycestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 20:21   Link #95
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

I was looking at a detailed info about the former shows and it seems this one picks up at the end of the last one. But that is the only connection it seems. No storylines from the last ones leak into this.

The onyl other thing is this one seems to have them...closer(Ending animations), while in the former they were after guys.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:13   Link #96
orange.a
SUN faction member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
The onyl other thing is this one seems to have them...closer(Ending animations), while in the former they were after guys.
Hahaha!

That has nothing to do with the plot, it's just the ending. A trademark brought from marimite.
orange.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:17   Link #97
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Okay...kinda relieved that isn't going to be in this. I am all for Yuri...just not in a show like this.
Old 2007-10-23, 15:43   Link #98
animeotaku99

SO I just now heard that they are making a third YUA and i think its great, but since the second season never got licensed having the third one get licensed is unlikely.
anyways... does anyone know if anyone will try to get a higher quality fansub out? what about in wide screen?
and Iwould hate for this to turn into a yuri anime, just not the place for it, and it would be a big character change too
and they need to start subbing the openign and ending too. but lets hope someone at least finishes it
animeotaku99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 18:05   Link #99
SGT.Mitsuki
I'm Darker Than Black
*Graphic Designer

tbh i like this anime alot though it does look like the following eps will be kina 1 episode stories like ep 3 was ^^ which id find a shame, tho i must say episode 1 totaly impressed me
SGT.Mitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 17:15   Link #100
Ashlotte
Clockwork

After finally watching the first episode the only thing that could really keep my interest is if they made good on the promise of the ED.

Sorry but ken bores me to death and mountain boy is rarely around. Other then that I'd like to hope for atleast alittle plot or character advancement...Atleast more then the last two seasons gave me.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy