AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-18, 02:57   Link #61
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The most original gun/revolver tonfa I've seen was from R-1 back in Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden, in 2001.

The mech's Revolvers were called Giant Revolver Tonfa.

He combos the enemy with a tonfa rush attack first, next empties his rounds and smacks the enemy one last time with a finishing tonfa strike.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-24, 04:07   Link #62
Witch Blair

Send a message via MSN to Witch Blair
Kid, Liz, and Patty are my favorite team out of all of them as well. I haven't been watching Soul Eater for very long, but these three caught my attention first. I like how all three of their souls are balanced.
Old 2008-12-07, 01:28   Link #63
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

I absolutely love Death the Kid...(is it Kid or Kidd or Kiddo?) and I am happy to discuss the Thompson twins and him any day.

However, as stupid as I may sound, what's a Tonfa? (I just read the past 7-8 posts going "Wha-?")
Old 2008-12-07, 08:53   Link #64
lmd_84

Tonfa - Given the shape, I can see where people are coming from when relating how Kid uses the Thompsons.

On his name: well, I'd say it's 'Kid' on the basis that it's referring to a young Death, i.e the death god's son.

I would guess the 'Kidd' and 'Kiddo' variations come from the Japanese pronunciation of an English word?

But someone who actually knows Japanese could probably give you a clearer answer when it comes to foreign words.
Old 2008-12-07, 20:33   Link #65
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

Thank you Lmd_84...everything's a lot clearer now.
Old 2009-02-08, 05:35   Link #66
Iloxus

imd 84 is quite right, sometime a little strange for non-japanese, isnīt it? Death T.K.īs fighting Style is unique, just like the others! Kid, Patty and Liz make a great and funny team^^. Go Kid! Clear the Path and show the world you asthetic: SYMMETRY!
Old 2009-02-22, 05:32   Link #67
Forever
Revealing the truth

Everytime when I look at the anime ending theme, I always seem to initially mistake the kishin for kid.

Kid and kishin does look a bit alike for some reason. Could it be that the kishin is shinigami's long lost illegitimate son? Which will explain why shinigami didnt have to heart to kill him and instead seal him away for the all eternity, hoping that over time his insanity will fade away eventually?
Old 2009-02-22, 05:59   Link #68
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
^
Thats definitely a possibility. Besides, in both the anime and the manga, we know absolutely nothing about Shinigami-sama or Kidd's origins. How someone like Shinigami-sama could produce a son is still a mystery, and theres been no mention of him possibly having a mother, so the theories are endless.

I highly doubt any major revelations about that will be made in the anime though, but i'm sure in the manga we'll get something.
Old 2009-02-22, 08:06   Link #69
lmd_84

Well, the manga seems to be narrowing down Kid's origins to focus on Shinigami himself (as opposed to, say, Asura), as the
Spoiler:

Spoiler-ed to be safe.

I'd like an anime answer to how Kid came to be, but I don't think we're going to get it. Simply because his subplot in the show is based around his father's shady dealings rather than Kid's own past. It'd be fun if one links to the other, but we'll see.

On the subject, Maka's progress in the past few episodes has been supported by a connection to her mother (the Demon Hunter, plus the postcard reading 'courage') and recent spoilers seem to suggest;
Spoiler:
. So, we could well get some answers about Kid through his own mission to uncover the truth about his father.
Old 2009-03-01, 08:08   Link #70
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
Well, the manga seems to be narrowing down Kid's origins to focus on Shinigami himself (as opposed to, say, Asura), as the
Spoiler:

Spoiler-ed to be safe.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-01, 09:04   Link #71
lmd_84

I've been thinking for a while that Kid
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-01, 20:13   Link #72
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-04, 16:35   Link #73
Iloxus

At first I thought Death The Kid may not be the son of shinigami, because of his slight resemblance to Ashura, but now that thing with the Sanzu Lines appeared and it seems to eliminate that possibility. Not that great of a loss actually....
Old 2009-03-04, 17:10   Link #74
lmd_84

The Shinigami similarities have been around since the beginning, it's just the current arc that brings them to the fore (the fact he collects the stray soul outside the castle, Kid's soul and ability under Brew's influence, and Shinigami's reaction). I do think that the Sanzu Lines in particular have taken Asura out of the equation when it comes to Kid's origins.

@Ragweed - You're probably right about Shinigami's honesty, thinking on it. Wonder how far it goes amongst his staff, if the Sanzu deal leads to Shinigami's death/being somehow incapacitated. It would be quite the thing for them to keep from Kid for so long. ("Here's the thing: when you grow up, it'll kill your dad")
Old 2009-03-06, 16:46   Link #75
libba
nepenthes rajah

They are my favorite trio, too. I would have liked it, though, if we entered their lives a bit earlier. I mean, we see the way Maka and Soul's partnership changes and evolves, we see the way things develop between Star and Tsubaki - and here we arrived when everything got balanced already. Well, it's a crazy balance yet... I 'm curious about how they learned to deal with each other all that time ago.

Curious about one more thing, too, that doesn't quite fit all the serious (and interesting) discussion here. There is this subtle romantic tradition we can see, right, a meister and his weapon... what's poor Kid to do?
Old 2009-03-21, 03:37   Link #76
Wevvy
Sword Dancer

Send a message via MSN to Wevvy
Kid could have died so many times because of his OCD...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-21, 05:51   Link #77
lmd_84

Perhaps. But Kid has been shown to ignore his need for symmetry when something more important is at stake. In the manga,for e.g, he actually points out to Liz and Patty that he would be bothered about the difference in his hair, but at that moment in time, it wasn't the most important thing. Even in the anime, he destroyed the occasionally-symmetrical clowns because he was more concerned with the purpose of the tool and wanted to end the fight as quickly as possible. He also backs down from insisting Black Star fix the broken ornament when Kid notices what the other boy has in mind.

So, Kid doesn't always fall prey to his obsessions, which - along with Liz and Patty's ability to get him to pay attention - is probably why he's still alive.
Old 2009-03-21, 19:07   Link #78
libba
nepenthes rajah

I keep waiting for the moment when something happens to force him to use only one gun (maybe the other one gets snatched by an enemy). It will be an epic inner battle against himself...
Old 2009-03-21, 19:17   Link #79
lmd_84

Eh, I'd think he'd sooner fight without either gun than be forced to use one. On the other hand, neither possibility occurred to Kid when Liz fell down into the ship and he and Patty ran from Nidhogg rather than face him.
Old 2009-03-21, 20:03   Link #80
libba
nepenthes rajah

Oh, I forgot about that time. It has already happened then. >.<
But then, Kid sort of tends to overlook possibilities. I remember when he went to get Eibon's tool from the abandoned city and met evil clown machines - it never once occurred to him to simply fly up on his flying skateboard (is its name Beelzebub or Beezlebub, by the way?).
Closed Thread