Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-06-22, 16:25   Link #1
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Toshokan Sensou anime film

ANN Link

Seeing as though it's not stated, i'm gonna guess that it will be it's own story based on the novels, and not a sequel to the TV series. I'm sad it won't be, though at the same time glad we're seeing more from the series. I absolutely loved the anime, would love to see more.

Interesting that the ANN artical mentions Marina Inoue regarding her tweet. I hope that means she'll be voicing Kasahara again.
Old 2011-06-22, 16:52   Link #2
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

It's been forever since I saw this series (heck, I think it was the very first series I marathoned in two days XD) but I do wish that the movie would cover new material and not the same stuff the anime did. Oh well, more Library Wars is good stuff!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 04:02   Link #3
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
ANN Link

Seeing as though it's not stated, i'm gonna guess that it will be it's own story based on the novels, and not a sequel to the TV series. I'm sad it won't be, though at the same time glad we're seeing more from the series. I absolutely loved the anime, would love to see more.

Interesting that the ANN artical mentions Marina Inoue regarding her tweet. I hope that means she'll be voicing Kasahara again.
Kasahara is not the same without Marina Inoue's voice.

Definitely a good news...
Love the serie...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 04:13   Link #4
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I've only read the manga and never watched the anime...Was the story in manga (I got the shoujo one though ) different than the anime?
Movie huh..? That's definitely a good news I was hoping they will delve more deeply than the anime and manga and how the plot will evolve.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 10:34   Link #5
Katapan
俺様祭り

Official website renewal: http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/toshokan-sensou/index.php

The movie is titled Toshokan Sensou - Kakumei no Tsubasa.

Damn, it makes me so happy to see these faces again... I'm digging the slightly different character design too.
Old 2012-03-09, 03:39   Link #6
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

The official website has announced the opening date to be June 16 and a trailer has been posted:
Old 2012-03-09, 07:00   Link #7
Dop
Mmmm....

I'm quite amazed that this 2008 Noitamina show is getting a movie spinoff four years later, but the trailer looked great.
I really should dig the series out of my archive and rewatch it in preparation!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 17:31   Link #8
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Never saw the original series, but this looks interesting enough to check it out, will have to check out the series first.
Old 2012-03-11, 04:10   Link #9
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Never saw the original series, but this looks interesting enough to check it out, will have to check out the series first.
That is an omission you must remedy ASAP. Let me tell you why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaura117 View Post
This is the Best Show Ever. Militant librarians against the fascist, armed forces of censorship! Information wants to be FREED! LET MY TEXTBOOKS GO!
Statement on Intellectual Freedom in Libraries
- Japanese Library Association (1979)

Quote:
It is the most important responsibility of libraries to offer collected materials and library facilities to the people who have the Right to Know as one of their fundamental human rights.

In order to fulfill their mission, libraries shall recognize the following matters as their proper duties, and shall put them into practice.

Article 1 : Libraries have freedom in collecting their materials.

Article 2 : Libraries secure the freedom of offering their materials.

Article 3 : Libraries guarantee the privacy of users.

Article 4 : Libraries oppose any type of censorship categorically.

When the freedom of libraries is imperiled, we librarians will work together and devote ourselves to secure that freedom.

1. Freedom of libraries can be an important indicator of evaluating the development of democracy in a country. Whenever the freedom is going to be violated, we, who are very concerned about developing libraries for the people, will react to the violation together. In order to organize such a professional reaction, it is indispensable that we constantly manage libraries in a democratic way and develop esprit de corps among library workers toward this goal.

2. The action of ensuring the freedom of libraries is a part of the struggle of ensuring the freedom and human rights. We are responsible to secure the freedom of libraries by cooperating with groups of people, organizations and private individuals who would share similar objectives with us.

3. Support and cooperation of the people can be obtained only from the people who have experienced the precious value of the freedom of libraries through their library experiences. In order to secure such support and cooperation, we shall devote ourselves to developing daily library services.

4. In the activities ensuring the freedom of libraries, librarians who eagerly worked for the freedom might be treated unfavorably by an authoritarian viewpoint of their governing body. To prevent such a political and personnel treatment beforehand, or at the worst, after it was taken, the Japan Library Association will extend a helping hand to the person who suffered by the treatment. It will be regarded as one of the important roles of the association.
RAAAAWWWRRR!!!!!

About the Japanese Library Association:
Quote:
The Japan Library Association (JLA), founded in 1892, has continuously promoted the development of libraries and librarianship, and its activities has been supported by countless dedicated librarians for over 100 years. JLA represents all type of libraries and related organisations in Japan and consists of 6,700 individual members and 2,800 institutional members. In 2001, JLA held its 87th All-Japan Library Conference.

JLA's mission consists of four basic policies:
  • to be the national information center for all libraries and librarians in Japan
  • to be an education, training, and career development center for librarians
  • to cooperate and coordinate all kinds of libraries and library organizations
  • to promote and support international relations activities.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 12:56   Link #10
LeoXiao
思想工作

Hm. If I go to Europe on the 15th of June and come back the 5th of July, it should be fansubbed by then! Yay!
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 21:05   Link #11
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Hm. If I go to Europe on the 15th of June and come back the 5th of July, it should be fansubbed by then! Yay!
Actually unless the DVD release date is also before July 5th then no, no one carries a camcorder into a theater and fansubs off of that (well, maybe someone does but I've never come across a fansub like that before). Is there a DVD release date yet?
Old 2012-04-22, 05:07   Link #12
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Actually unless the DVD release date is also before July 5th then no, no one carries a camcorder into a theater and fansubs off of that (well, maybe someone does but I've never come across a fansub like that before). Is there a DVD release date yet?
Damnit. Well it's still okay because chances are I'll forget about the film until like August or something, when it's sure to be available.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 09:09   Link #13
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I'm quite amazed that this 2008 Noitamina show is getting a movie spinoff four years later, but the trailer looked great.
I really should dig the series out of my archive and rewatch it in preparation!
It's getting another animation production because the (re?) release of light novels sold like crazy during 2011.

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for Apr 18 - 24 2011
Light Novel
*1, 36,302 *,*81,039 One Piece Strong Words vol.2
*2, 25,511 *,*25,511 Toshokan Sensou vol.1 Small-sized Edition
*3, 21,893 2,066,443 Moshidora
*4, 20,472 *,*20,472 Highschool DxD vol.9
*5, 19,813 *,*19,813 Mayo Chiki! vol.7
*6, 18,086 *,*18,086 Toshokan Sensou vol.2 Small-sized Edition

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for Sep 5 - 11 2011
Light Novels
*1, 79,935 *79,935 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.9
*6, 16,906 140,821 Toshokan Sensou vol.6 Small Size Edition
14, *7,893 391,633 Toshokan Sensou vol.1 Small Sized Edition
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 13:31   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Do you suppose this sudden upsurge of interest in Toshokan Sensou has anything to do with contemporary Japanese political events? Last year there were stories about censorship over details of the Fukushima disaster, and this year the Emperor's remarks about long-term nuclear contamination were removed from some televised coverage of his speech.

Censorship over Fukushima
Censorship of Akihito

Of course, there's the ongoing issue of censorship as it applies to lolicon.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-2162661.html

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-04-23 at 13:59.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 14:38   Link #15
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think censorship is something that people will always be debating/practicing until humanity ends so it seems more like a coincidence than anything else to me.

Super short trailer!

Old 2012-05-23, 08:54   Link #16
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Another super short trailer

Old 2012-05-24, 03:02   Link #17
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

These guys are trained with assault rifle, but go to battles with SMG, wth .
Old 2012-05-30, 10:45   Link #18
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Found a long trailer:

I found that patronizing pat on the head at the closing there a bit sickening myself. The whole sempai-romance genre (e.g., Nodame and Planetes) suffers from that kind of sexism I think. Still even catching a couple of glimpses of the beautiful Shibasaki makes me want to rewatch my fansubs.

SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 16:46   Link #19
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Well the Blu-Ray is out.

IIRC, there are English subs on it. Not sure if they're grammatically correct or anything.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 17:32   Link #20
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Official subs are not bad actually. Plot vice the movie was not as good as some arcs of the TV. But it was great romance-vice. Dat ending.

Overall — good conclusion to the story.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote