AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-04-22, 11:44   Link #521
durack
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
I just realized something; didn't Theo got a resurrection priestess on his side?!? Why the heck must his ladle-wielding childhood friend die then?!? For drama?
She was poor so probably did not have resurrection insurance. Stuff ain't free you know.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 14:35   Link #522
Norn
Dazed and Confused
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Honestly I am surprised we do not see more push back about being on a path that ends with everybody losing their superpowers.
Harder to say when everyone is being so vocal about wanting peace, one way or another. Might as well keep quiet.

Which is probably why there's a faction of people not willing to lose their powers. At least the Mage Association has shown us that it's more than just not being able to throw bolts of fire: People could lose their way of life, their livelihood over this.


I'm getting more and more concerned about Aishela's reactions. Does she know something about that group that most of us don't? Is she hesitating between her own desires and wanting to help Siluca? I mean, the end of the era of chaos seems to be horrible from an Artist point of view.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 14:56   Link #523
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
Harder to say when everyone is being so vocal about wanting peace, one way or another. Might as well keep quiet.

Which is probably why there's a faction of people not willing to lose their powers. At least the Mage Association has shown us that it's more than just not being able to throw bolts of fire: People could lose their way of life, their livelihood over this.


I'm getting more and more concerned about Aishela's reactions. Does she know something about that group that most of us don't? Is she hesitating between her own desires and wanting to help Siluca? I mean, the end of the era of chaos seems to be horrible from an Artist point of view.
Depends on the artist. Vampires would lose immortality. That sounds pretty bad. It's hinted that what Aishella would lose is an early death.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 17:11   Link #524
Firefly00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
Which is probably why there's a faction of people not willing to lose their powers. At least the Mage Association has shown us that it's more than just not being able to throw bolts of fire: People could lose their way of life, their livelihood over this.
Good on the writers for considering that the notional good ending has the potential for serious collateral effects, and having it enter into various characters' thinking. Assuming for purposes of conversation that the series ends with the formation of the Grancrest and the purging of Chaos from the realm, it would be interesting to see follow-on works explore the abovecited consequences and what follows on from those. Indeed, such occurs to me to be a good setting for an RPG campaign - there are several open systems, such as Genesys, which could be used for the purpose.
__________________
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Arc Nova
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 22:13   Link #525
Magewolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Good on the writers for considering that the notional good ending has the potential for serious collateral effects, and having it enter into various characters' thinking. Assuming for purposes of conversation that the series ends with the formation of the Grancrest and the purging of Chaos from the realm, it would be interesting to see follow-on works explore the abovecited consequences and what follows on from those. Indeed, such occurs to me to be a good setting for an RPG campaign - there are several open systems, such as Genesys, which could be used for the purpose.
I do not know, the Magic goes away settings tend to be depressing. They can easily turn into lists of all the cool stuff we used to be able to do. Such as shoot fire from our hands or have healers who could repair major damage and now people are dropping dead from infections from minor cuts.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 06:52   Link #526
pervypig
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
She was poor so probably did not have resurrection insurance. Stuff ain't free you know.
Should have known when she only got a ladle to fight against the tyrants. Viva la revolución.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 10:30   Link #527
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Jesus this is why i hate leaders like Milza. Even when the evidence is punching you right in the face you just lean in and take one to the chin. Sure why not! lets just march my entire army on ground where the enemy has the advantage, ground that i have no knowledge of, ground that will nullify my numerical advantage, a situation where the enemy can inflict a serious loss morale through repeated hit and run attacks, A situation where isolating units of troops picking them off very plausible All because the leader has an ego and disregards the advisor that serving him to make sure he doesnt make these kind of stupid decisions. From what i can tell Milza has a lot of heavy cavalry which will be useless in a dense forest, Infantry will have to be alert at all times as an attack can come from anywhere and it will be almost impossible to get into any kind useful formation, Guerilla warfare is a pain in the ass that can cost you. Plus the warewolves will be a huge problem they know the forest they know the land and of course they are freaking wolves sooo yeah....... Also, the slave rebellion, Anti Milza faction in his own country and Altrik citizens rising up pose a greater risk than Theo does at the moment. Never fight the enemy on ground of their own choosing. Egos get your soldiers killed
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 17:33   Link #528
Firefly00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I do not know, the Magic goes away settings tend to be depressing. They can easily turn into lists of all the cool stuff we used to be able to do. Such as shoot fire from our hands or have healers who could repair major damage and now people are dropping dead from infections from minor cuts.
That is a valid concern. On the other tendril, necessity begets invention... and some of those inventions will catch the eye of those with less than noble motivations. And this is quite aside from unforseen complications native to a given invention. Examples:
  • improvements in medicine can save lives, sure... but that same knowledge can be easily be repurposed to create combat drugs (the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG setting has lots of these);
  • there's a way to cast certain spells without tapping into Chaos... but it's very bad for the caster... the side-effect is basically Cast from Hit Points (D2 players will remember the Blood Mana debuff quite well)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Jesus this is why i hate leaders like Milza...
He might have been afflicted with Villain Decay and/or Plot-Demanded Stupidity. Sadly, as noted, most of the target audience might not know or care about this... which is a pity because, again, heroes need worthy (and competent!) antagonists - this is part of why Mitth'raw'nuruodo is one of the more popular villains over in SW.
__________________
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Arc Nova
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 23:35   Link #529
AntonKutovoi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vladimir, Russia
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
He just doesn't see Theo as a worthy opponent. He's like Guan Yu in this regard, if you're familiar with the Romance of Three Kingdoms.
Isn't he more like Lu Bu? He even kills his own father (though Lu Bu only killed adopted one). And I imagine inevitable victory over him will be an example of "brute strength isn't everything", aka same lesson (well, one of them) as Lu Bu's death.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:24   Link #530
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
And Milza did beat Theo and considered him little more than a footnote after that. So it makes some sense for his arrogant POV of what he sees is still just wet-behind boy whom is not much of a threat to him.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:38   Link #531
HtwoN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Isn't he more like Lu Bu? He even kills his own father (though Lu Bu only killed adopted one). And I imagine inevitable victory over him will be an example of "brute strength isn't everything", aka same lesson (well, one of them) as Lu Bu's death.
Yeah, that’s a better analogy. I thought about Guan Yu because he didn’t recognize Wu as a worthy enemy before it’s too late. But Milza is a Lu Bu kind of character.
HtwoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:51   Link #532
kampfer91
Master Eugenist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Marinette choice of friend is questionable , seems she only choose those favor " Might make right " , and both of them now have theirs own problem in theirs own land .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40   Link #533
vietthai96
Toji Education Assistant
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Age: 21
She think power is everything that matter.
__________________
vietthai96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:15   Link #534
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Marinette choice of friend is questionable , seems she only choose those favor " Might make right " , and both of them now have theirs own problem in theirs own land .
Marine has always had problems in her territories ever since she took over the position as the Alliance head from her father. Part of why she is doing this in the first place it is because lets her control the lords under her leadership in the short term.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:29   Link #535
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
She think power is everything that matter.
Rather than simply "might makes right", I think her criteria are:
- enough power to actually help her;
- does what she asks when she asks.

The latter in particular would be at a premium right now. Milza, for all his faults, did deliver on his promises.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:30   Link #536
Dharma
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
Age: 34
It seems to me that Mirza used to be a nice guy, seen that being a nice guy leads nowhere and consciously become cynical. Sacrificing his nice-ness in the process. And now he see Teo - a successful nice guy. If Teo is successful his own sacrifice was for nothing. Hence hatred and irrational behavior.
__________________
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
Dharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:27   Link #537
kampfer91
Master Eugenist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Mari dislike kindness imo , she feel irritating whenever she see Theo ( and how successful his policy is ) , can't be helped when her grandfather died and now she have to take over with iron fist , those 2 allies of her fit her bill .

But thirst for power alone don't make a good leader .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.