AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-11, 08:46   Link #39321
Eratas123

Pretty bad, though in-story it's actually decent. Male pilots are usually carted off to a lab for a lot of injections.
Old 2013-01-11, 09:23   Link #39322
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
As I go with the re-write, I'm stepping ways ahead in planning... and I've hit a certain point.

Field-testing an IS without sharing technologies that are unique to the unit alone for fear that mankind can and will misuse it at a certain point.

Clearly it will be a violation of the Alaska Treaty so I would like to know... What will happen to the unit's developers and the IS itself?
Either international court or they simply framed, the I.S. tech will be spread around like candies.

But if your country is jackass enough to begin with (USA, Look at you) no one dare to enforce that rule and thus up to the country itself to solve without anyone else knew. Gospel is the proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Can Uchigane carry an equalizer without stripping parts like Kanzashi did?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Nope. They're non-customizable training mechs.
To be honest, the handheld equalizer can be customized as long as the slot is empty. And Uchigane only have one sword (as per booklet, not stated in canon), so I doubt there's no more room.

However unlike Rafael, it's not modular, so anything else had to be retooled (booster, armor, built-in weapon etc)

Quote:
then how bad do you have to be if you're a male IS pilot and that's all they're willing to set you up with?
Quote:
Pretty bad, though in-story it's actually decent. Male pilots are usually carted off to a lab for a lot of injections.
If you want to be cynical, that's a good plot there.

It happened to one pilot in TLR Stratos, ax crazy doesn't even begin to explain the result.
Old 2013-01-11, 09:29   Link #39323
demino_hellsin
That one guy

they specified it can only use one sword or it's preset is only one sword? I want to make absolute sure before I start retooling.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 09:35   Link #39324
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

If the country in question is Japan? I'll admit, there's no way the developers/IS user will be able to escape the bounty board but I'm wondering if there will be some sort of violent intervention or arrests should they persist in not giving the tech information?

Something like a military unit of maybe a squad of ISes that will hold the area until the developers and/or the IS' user has been brought into custody.
Old 2013-01-11, 09:45   Link #39325
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Did you get the question from the previous page?

@ Demi - I liken it to the first planes you get in Ace Combat - Crappy, annoying to use, and stupidly awkward design.
Old 2013-01-11, 09:50   Link #39326
demino_hellsin
That one guy

He gets a cool sword. The frame should follow at some point...right? japanese government can't be that poor from funding the IS and Kanzashi's proper IS frame.

Also they'd have to start from scratch considering Tabane didn't fix Byakushiki because Ichika is dead and she has no one to build an IS for.

@stratos: I think with holding information on a tactical deterrent level of technology going against a treaty specifically stating a need to share this information can be considered by some as act of war.
Old 2013-01-11, 09:54   Link #39327
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
they specified it can only use one sword or it's preset is only one sword? I want to make absolute sure before I start retooling.
Quote:
@ Demi - I liken it to the first planes you get in Ace Combat - Crappy, annoying to use, and stupidly awkward design.
No, Uchigane is nerfed on purpose, yes, it's crappy, but it's easy to use. That's about it, nothing more, nothing less. The more powerful an I.S. is the more complex it's control and adjustment are.

It's sword is it's only preset (booklet) because it's done to invoke samurai image (novel). Never mind that hystorically Samurai ALWAYS carry Musket/Arquebus with them when going into battle, if only for first shot.

Quote:
He gets a cool sword. The frame should follow at some point...right? japanese government can't be that poor from funding the IS and Kanzashi's proper IS frame.

Also they'd have to start from scratch considering Tabane didn't fix Byakushiki because Ichika is dead and she has no one to build an IS for.
ByakuShiki will go to academy in that man's hand, also, Japanese might be rich in terms of money per capita, but they're not that large of a country, total sum of it's government's money is vastly below large country like US, China or Russia.

Japan has no money to handle two I.S. at once, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
If the country in question is Japan? I'll admit, there's no way the developers/IS user will be able to escape the bounty board but I'm wondering if there will be some sort of violent intervention or arrests should they persist in not giving the tech information?

Something like a military unit of maybe a squad of ISes that will hold the area until the developers and/or the IS' user has been brought into custody.
Armed intervention would be a last resort. Legal custody would've always preferable over a conflict (remember this is Second Cold War)

Quote:
@ Senpai - Did you get the question from the previous page?
Yes, and no, I don't know because I didn't watch/read ZnT, however the few fanfic I had, Guiche is a coward jerk that use golem, powerful, but short ranged and slow.
Old 2013-01-11, 09:58   Link #39328
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So I have to give him Byaku along with its flaw? Then I definitely have to take away Yukihira since that was all Tabane.
Old 2013-01-11, 09:59   Link #39329
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, oh, and Reiryaku Byakuya too.

And several other fun stuff.

When your own creator say you suck, you suck. Poor ByakuShiki.
Old 2013-01-11, 10:02   Link #39330
Eratas123

Exactly. How do I make a fight scene against one person versus golem's without making it completely one-sided?
Old 2013-01-11, 10:04   Link #39331
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Trap the golem duh.

They're heavy. A deep but narrow trench would be a friggin nightmare.
Old 2013-01-11, 10:13   Link #39332
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Shame... would've opted for a light skirmish but I suppose you are right, Cold War. Despite their portrayal in the anime's OP, it wouldn't hurt to assume that no one else wouldn't have thought of proper ascension to outer space aside from Tabane, right?
Old 2013-01-11, 10:28   Link #39333
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I'm using an open venue and the Chosen Undead's (Dark Souls protag) gear is basically a shirt, loose pants, boots, and a tray he picked up and used as a shield.
Old 2013-01-11, 10:35   Link #39334
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I suppose attacking Guiche is the ONLY option.
Old 2013-01-11, 10:37   Link #39335
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: the 4th gen akatsubaki rendered 10 years of cold war moot right? Though that informationwas provided by Ichika... Nevermind.

@zero: Guiche isn't much. He belittles enemies who aren't mages but can only build hollow constructs. He has no problem building en masse but no more than a dozen I think. He knows no strategy than brute force.
Old 2013-01-11, 10:45   Link #39336
Eratas123

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for.

@ Demi - Can I ask for advice? You seem to know Tsukaima well enough and I'm trying to avoid having the Undead overpower Guiche like a little bitch like every crossover fic seems to do. Dark Souls focuses on strategy and I want the fight scene to reflect that.
Old 2013-01-11, 10:56   Link #39337
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well if I had to treat this like a game... You can't progress if you can't get a weapon. You can use the scene where Guiche gives you the sword but that's gandalfr activation right there. So long as your protag gets a weapon that can dent an inch or two thick bronze then he has a chance. The field is open and Guiche is skilled enough to use the whole area as summoning matter.

Running purely on strategy I suppose getting Guiche away from his rose long enough and thern bum rushing him works. Remember that the his rose works as his wand. It's possible that's what he uses to power the golems or even issue commands. Should he neither need the rose to control the golems or if the golems are completely remote then your best shot is wait till he lowers the golem number to 1 or 2. Get him away from his rose and then assault him while he can't summon new golems for defense.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:03   Link #39338
Eratas123

Hmm, actually I planned a different way for him in getting a sword using his specialty as an Undead.

In a rage, Guiche orders the Golem to run him through with a sword.....and he succeeds. After the rage passes, Guiche realizes that he completely cocked up and frantically orders the golem to put the sword away. While this was happening, the Undead's hands fall on the hilt of the sword and the Gandalfr runes activate. He pushes the Golem away and pulls the sword out, which is the weapon he uses for the rest of the fight.

Anyway, is the wand and the rose the same thing? I thought they were separate.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:04   Link #39339
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@stratos: the 4th gen akatsubaki rendered 10 years of cold war moot right? Though that informationwas provided by Ichika... Nevermind.
Well, logically it make things even worse, accelerating the arms race until one side collapse form bankruptcy like Soviet is...

Dunois or Europe is a good candidate, the former because being stagnant and wasting money, the later because having their prototype stolen, thus big pressure on Char and Cecil. Incidentally, the latter happened to be part of V5-V6 plot.

I guess Izuru wasn't as bad when it comes to fictional politic.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:11   Link #39340
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: Gandalfr activation usually leads to one sided fight. Especially with prewar Guiche who knows only brute force using golem summons but can't fight for himself. Unless you modify the traditional route

Post war Guiche didn't seem to learn much either but at least he has basic conscript skills, I hope.

@zero: subtle forshadowing or forgotten plot points? Dun dun dun...

I was wondering whether Byakushiki's flaw should be structural or system related. My current thoughts include continuously lowering shield points on activation or no shield just absolute defense.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest