AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: What battle was the epitome of the CE era.
Strike Vs Aegis: Final Duel 79 56.43%
Freedom Vs. Providence 39 27.86%
Freedom Vs. Impulse 16 11.43%
Strike Freedom Vs. Legend 2 1.43%
Infinite Justice Vs. Impulse [ Luna Maria ] 0 0%
Infinite Justice Vs. Destiny 4 2.86%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-08, 00:16   Link #1
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Which of the great duels was the epitome of Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny?

What one on one duel do you think was the highpoint of the CE era.

What battle is the one that made all the battles before and after seem poorly animated and/or garbage?

Me, I'm voting for the Strike/Aegis battle in Gundam SEED. Both fighting enraged over the deaths of their best friends, a gruesome, grueling battle that lead to the destruction of both suits.

EDIT

Naming only the major duels, not every tiff they had....if I missed one please post and hopefully a mod will add it to the poll.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 00:22   Link #2
_X12A_Testament

I think most of the battles in Seed trump the battles in Destiny.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 00:22   Link #3
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

I vote providence vs freedom, because the bad guy is much more powerful than the good guy, and the good guy still won
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 00:24   Link #4
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Strike v. Aegis...Destiny's fights weren't really duels...except when Kira half assed it, all of the other duels were hardly that...they were more like...what's the word...oh yeah...

BLOWOUTS.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 00:26   Link #5
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

Definitely Freedom vs. Impulse for me. It just finally proves that for at least one measly battle Kira isn't god.
Fatty Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 00:28   Link #6
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Chalupa
Definitely Freedom vs. Impulse for me. It just finally proves that for at least one measly battle Kira isn't god.

Well, Godhood dosn't really count, since the plot required him to POWAAA UPPPPARUUU!! and get Strike Freedom, to encourage more model sales.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 01:02   Link #7
Slayerx

I'm not sure...
it's either Stike vs. Aegis, or Freedom vs. Providence

Strike vs Aegis had a lot of emotion that really helps build up the battle... Nichol's and Tolle's death, close friends who will killed right there and then by the other pilot... Athrun and Kira's fustration for each other turned into bitter impulsive hatred... and as for the battle it's self... it was made out to be a very even fight, a fight that, at that point in the series, really felt like it could go either way...and Athrun's self-destruct at the end was also a very unexpected ending

Freedom vs. Providence... Now this is how a battle shouuld be... this battle truly felt like both gundams were being pushed to their limits... and those gundams have much higher limits then the GAT gundams... Like Aegis vs. Stike it felt like the type of battle that could go either way... what was probably the best part was how horribly both gundams tore each other apart...

as for the rest...
Freedom vs Impulse... Plot device
I.Justice vs Impulse... not much of a duel...
S.Freedom vs Legend... started out ok, but ended in absolute ownage... boring...
I.Justice vs Destiny... same as S.Freedom Vs Legend.... boring
God forbid that Ijustice or S.Freedom would have gotten scratched in the final battle... or that Shinn could have slightly shown that him beating Kira wasn't just a plot device
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 01:41   Link #8
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I didn't pick any of them. I say Strike (Mwu) vs Providence (Rau)

because they had teh best character interaction. to tell you the truth, it was alwasy interesting to see Mwu and Rau fight each other.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 02:04   Link #9
FogHog

the bottom three choices are big jokes.

For me, it was easily strike VS aegis, the tension was there as was the drama. The whole first 29 eps of Gseed was building up to this and it did not disappoint. The only thing i would nitpick on is the still shot that could've been animated.
FogHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 02:16   Link #10
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I actually thought those still shots added to the scene. They acheive so much drama and tension through still images that flash and change with the lightning bolts. It raised the fight above the others in my opinion and made it the greatest fight shown those far.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 02:20   Link #11
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Well...it wasn't really a duel, it was actually a skirmish so to speak, but I personally felt the best fights were the ones with Freedom/Justice vs Calamity/Forbidden/Raider. But again, those weren't duels, so I digress.

I'd also probably vote Strike vs Aegis, followed by Freedom vs Providence. Freedom vs Providence was somewhat "bleh" if you will in the fact that Rau basically dominated the whole fight until the end, where Kira started to mount a comeback. I personally found the Strike vs Aegis one the best due to the fact that the fight was somewhat even. Both pilots were under extreme duress due to the death of their friends, both had gone into berserker SEED mode, and both were actually dismantling each others suits. It was just a great thing to watch.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 02:36   Link #12
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Strike vs Aegis FTW. That scene was just... OMG wow. The utter hatred both characters had for each other at that point when they SEEDed, and tore each other's suits apart. It was like watching a train wreck in motion. You couldn't help but watch it to the end.

Freedom vs Providence would be my next choice. That one also saw the ripping apart of both suits(though Freedom did survive somewhat intact).

My third choice, would be Strike vs Providence. It's a shame Mwu was once again left holding an inferior weapon against Rau. He always got shafted in SEED, which made it all that much more impressive considering he survived that encounter still in one piece(Damn you lohengrin!). Considering how well Mwu was able to keep pace with Rau in Providence, I would have loved to have seen Kira pilot Strike Rouge in Destiny for a few episodes, just to relive the great battles that mobile suit design had lived through. It would have made Destiny infinetly better. As much as I loved Freedom, I would have re-written the story to have Kira piloting Strike Rouge the first half of Destiny, then move back into the newly rebuilt Freedom(instead of going from Freedom to Strike Freedom), as I think it would have made a better showing of Kira's potential. Strike Freedom is my least favorite of the three suits Kira piloted.

None of the other choices in the poll were really duels. More like plot devices and blow outs(I won't say which one was the biggest plot device of them all, as it was quite obvious).
Old 2006-01-08, 04:25   Link #13
strike66
Newtype level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife

None of the other choices in the poll were really duels. More like plot devices and blow outs(I won't say which one was the biggest plot device of them all, as it was quite obvious).
u mean the destiny vs ij battle? that seemed to be the most obvious plot device.
strike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 04:32   Link #14
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Aegis vs Strike -> the clash of ideals and friendship..........the most dramatic part duel which cause the death of 2 closest friend from each side....

legendary fight.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 06:08   Link #15
Lonely

Strike vs Aegis hands down...
Lonely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 07:37   Link #16
tetsuo69

same here Strike vs Aegis fallow by the Freedom vs Providence
Old 2006-01-08, 08:21   Link #17
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Nobody loves Astray. X_X Astray duels are fun, fun, fun! Too bad not animated...
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 12:55   Link #18
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

freedom vs imulse since there was strategy hardly any reused scenes and kira got his butt kicked by a superior pilot,too bad he's a sore loser.and the rest of the fights where obvious plot devices.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 12:57   Link #19
tetsuo69

dom33.. sure Rofl
Quote:
rest of the fights where obvious plot devices
...the only non-plot devices was when kira had his @ss kick Rofl
Old 2006-01-08, 13:04   Link #20
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

it is obvious if you pay attention and stop being a blind tsa fan.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote