AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-12-21, 15:17   Link #7401
ghost_zero5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Hi ghost_zero5,

Nice one debugging that resizeImage issue on Linux. I'll definitely look into converting the code to use long ints. (The resizing feature in onscripter was originally intended to downscale images when run on devices with smaller screens, and so repurposing it for upscaling is starting to hit some limits in the code at large window sizes... ^^; )

Thanks,
Uncle Mion
OK. Well, I actually already thought the code seems extremely inefficient .)
As I said there also seems to some issue with the scrolling part - don't know exactly what but if you use resize - even under Windows - it the image is cut off a bit before the end and you only get "black".
Though, of course, it could be related.
I still wonder though why it works under Windows, well maybe the used compiler interprets int (32Bit) the same way as long (64Bit).
Actually, I think it would be best to use unsigned long (if possible) as even long is nearly at its limit with that picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraMikage View Post
Question: I got to the part where I should be choosing "magic" or "trick" but instead of getting the choices, I have a white screen where I can't go to the options nor skip ahead. The music keeps looping but I can't click. Any suggestions to resolving this bug?
Are you using the default compiled .exe under Windows?
Do know a little more about the issue, I guess using the debug parameter ( http://unclemion.com/dev/projects/on...tion#Debugging ) and printing the output would be a bit more helpful.
In theory you could also try some other options and see if they make any difference.

Have you tried pressing through the screen, maybe you can actually "do the click" but you just don't see it?

Last edited by ghost_zero5; 2011-12-21 at 15:30.
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 16:08   Link #7402
SakuraMikage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
Are you using the default compiled .exe under Windows?
Do know a little more about the issue, I guess using the debug parameter ( http://unclemion.com/dev/projects/on...tion#Debugging ) and printing the output would be a bit more helpful.
In theory you could also try some other options and see if they make any difference.

Have you tried pressing through the screen, maybe you can actually "do the click" but you just don't see it?
I think having both patch 4.0 and 4.1 caused an issue. I removed 4.0 and it's letting me continue now. Thank you very much for the quick response!
SakuraMikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 19:32   Link #7403
ghost_zero5

Interesting to know, do those two Patches install into the same folder?
I always used the .zip Patch (as it is easier to install that way under Linux), so I don't know what the .exe Patch does
Old 2011-12-22, 02:15   Link #7404
zorahk

Does anyone have all the answers for the quiz questions?
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 04:37   Link #7405
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
They're like....waaaay at the beginning of this thread.
Old 2011-12-22, 07:14   Link #7406

Quote:
Interesting to know, do those two Patches install into the same folder?
I always used the .zip Patch (as it is easier to install that way under Linux), so I don't know what the .exe Patch does
The installer version will install specifically to the [WH] Umineko Chiru English subfolder. If you use the zip version, you can give it any name you want. I don't actually understand why having two versions would cause problems, though. All patch-specific files are kept in the subdirectory, they shouldn't cause problems unless you mix them into one directory. Which isn't possible unless you start renaming files, at which point I say it's your own bloody fault.
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 09:42   Link #7407
Sajomir

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraMikage View Post
Question: I got to the part where I should be choosing "magic" or "trick" but instead of getting the choices, I have a white screen where I can't go to the options nor skip ahead. The music keeps looping but I can't click. Any suggestions to resolving this bug?
If you continue to have this problem and can't solve it, let us know and I'll try to upload some save files starting at the screen after each choice.
Sajomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 14:06   Link #7408
ghost_zero5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
The installer version will install specifically to the [WH] Umineko Chiru English subfolder. If you use the zip version, you can give it any name you want. I don't actually understand why having two versions would cause problems, though. All patch-specific files are kept in the subdirectory, ...
Well but both Patches seem to use the same subdirectory?
However, I believe the newer Patch should overwrite basically all files from the old one, shouldn't it?
Which is actually why I asked because if that is the matter, I don't actually see how removing the old Patch changes anything.

I think that it being a bit more random like it sometimes works but most of the time not.
Old 2011-12-22, 16:00   Link #7409

Quote:
Well but both Patches seem to use the same subdirectory?
However, I believe the newer Patch should overwrite basically all files from the old one, shouldn't it?
Which is actually why I asked because if that is the matter, I don't actually see how removing the old Patch changes anything.
I don't even see how one could still have an old patch to remove in the first place. When you update, all mention of previous versions is removed. I don't know what SakuraMikage did exactly, but if he/she used the installer and allowed it to update the previous version, there shouldn't be any v4.0 left.
Old 2011-12-24, 03:40   Link #7410
Mercurius

I did a little more digging into the issue with the game suddenly exiting to the desktop at the end of the ??? Tea Party.

Spoiler for Episode 6 ??? Tea Party:
Spoiler for Episode 8 ??? Tea Party:

Below is the last chunk of lines from stdout.txt after repro'ing the EP8 ??? Tea Party issue.
Spoiler for stdout.txt:

Please let me know if I can provide any more information.
Mercurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 04:43   Link #7411
haruchan

hi everyone,

I've got a problem with the game. I'll try to explain it but my english is not quite good, so excuse me for my english ^^

Yesterday,I bought the question arc game and installed the english patch but the game doesn't work. I reinstalled it many times using different methods, I even checked the folder as recommended by the installation image guide given with the traduction patch but nothings wrong... and the game still doesn't run. It always close when the dialog begins. I unlocked the second episode but nothing changed.
Though, when I run the japanese original patch it works perfectely. That's why the problem doesn't come from the japanese patch.

I also checked my computer (firewall, admin...) but once again nothings wrong... Could it be an incompatibility issue? Though, I'm under seven and the demo patch still works!!

And that's when I realized that the full patch always closes when the dialog start (same for all episodes) because the menus don't have any problem. Now I'm thinking there may has a missing file in the extracted folder... but dialog are written in the arc.nsa files right? And I already checked their sizes - nothings odd... So where does the problem come from?!!!

Could you guys help me please? I really like this game and being unable to play it... ='( ='( ='(
haruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 14:49   Link #7412
myopius

More possible typos:

https://imgur.com/nbjEI <-- Is the punctuation there okay?

https://imgur.com/o6MPb <-- 'sol' is probably what was intended instead of 'so'. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solf%C3%A8ge
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 16:36   Link #7413
Hokotoro

There's a problem with the patch. It crashes at "choose the slice" moment.

Reinstalling game doesn't help. I can't try to use the install version of patch cuz it doesnt detect the installation disc although its inside dvd rom.
Hokotoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 17:08   Link #7414
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
More possible typos:

https://imgur.com/nbjEI <-- Is the punctuation there okay?

https://imgur.com/o6MPb <-- 'sol' is probably what was intended instead of 'so'. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solf%C3%A8ge
I've always heard it as "so", never heard it as "sol".

edit - This was linked on that wikipedia page you linked to.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do-Re-Mi
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 04:12   Link #7415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokotoro View Post
There's a problem with the patch. It crashes at "choose the slice" moment.

Reinstalling game doesn't help. I can't try to use the install version of patch cuz it doesnt detect the installation disc although its inside dvd rom.
Is this on Windows? Please provide us with a list of the files on your DVD. To do this, please follow the following steps:

Click Start, then Run
Type in:
cmd
and press Enter
type in:
e:
And press Enter [change the letter 'e' with the drive letter of your DVD-ROM drive]
type in:
cd \
and press Enter
type in:
dir /s>c:\dirlist.txt
and press Enter.

Then, close the cmd window, and email us the file 'dirlist.txt'. It is stored in your c:\ directory. Please send it to M.S.Groen at gmail (dot com, of course), and we'll do our best to find the cause of the problem. (Note: please don't copy-paste from the txt file. Please send the whole file as an attachment, instead.)
Old 2011-12-25, 05:09   Link #7416
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

I've been reading "sea of goats" a few times... how hard was it to not put in...
Spoiler for bad pun:
zibbazabba905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 18:23   Link #7417
SupaPhly

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
just done reading EP8... three cheers to R07 for excellent story and Witch Hunt for translating!

if I remember correctly Umineko Tsubasa which is translated by some people in this thread, but not completely.
is witch hunt going to do their own translation?
what about the fighting game?
and Higanbana?

(sorry, just asking, I don't browse this forum much)
SupaPhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:04   Link #7418
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaPhly View Post
just done reading EP8... three cheers to R07 for excellent story and Witch Hunt for translating!

if I remember correctly Umineko Tsubasa which is translated by some people in this thread, but not completely.
is witch hunt going to do their own translation?
what about the fighting game?
and Higanbana?

(sorry, just asking, I don't browse this forum much)
The following two quotes may help:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
We will indeed be doing a full translation of "Our Confessions", but we're still figuring out the details of how that'll work.

As for the rest of the Extra Tips, we will get to them if we have time, but it doesn't seem likely in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That being said, we aren't entirely done with Umineko and we will see if we have the time -and- energy for the finishing touch (Tsubasa, Ougon Musou etc). But right now, we are sort of... well resting in the Golden Land after hunting after it from the beginning.
As for Higanbana, a translation is in progress. You can find out more at http://ronove.blogspot.com/.
Old 2011-12-27, 00:27   Link #7419
D3monicWolv3s

For the quizzes I just have a blank white screen, and letter choices. I don't see what the letter choices actually are though...so I'm just randomly clicking ones. Is there a way to fix this?
Old 2011-12-27, 07:02   Link #7420
gn_X00

I think it's kinda late because I haven't check the forum for some times....

thanks for the update, witch hunt! thank you for all of your hard work!

wish you more success!!

Tags
translation