well she terrified half of squad 11 and shunsui & ukitake are afraid of her too
really? i don't remember that now i want too see her fighting
Old 2009-07-01, 20:04   Link #322
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweller of the deep View Post
really? i don't remember that now i want too see her fighting
when squad 11 were being assholes in squad 4's hq, unohana showed up and they all got scared. and if you read the turn back the pendulum gaiden than you would see uki&shun get scared
Old 2009-07-01, 20:11   Link #323
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
when squad 11 were being assholes in squad 4's hq, unohana showed up and they all got scared. and if you read the turn back the pendulum gaiden than you would see uki&shun get scared
true...think it said somewhere that they'd rather take yamamoto's bankai than be on her wrong side. even aizen did not want to fight her alone.
Old 2009-07-01, 21:57   Link #324
slowmotion

i would like to think that she is the second strongest captain. i could totally see her getting pissed off at whatever bad guy then releasing a frightening level of reitsu, kind of like yachiru's pink cat except 30 times larger and 16 times more badass.
Old 2009-07-02, 04:54   Link #325
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
i would like to think that she is the second strongest captain. i could totally see her getting pissed off at whatever bad guy then releasing a frightening level of reitsu, kind of like yachiru's pink cat except 30 times larger and 16 times more badass.
so basically a purple sabertooth tiger?...that is the most ridiculous and obnoxious thing i've heard...i love it
Old 2009-07-04, 07:12   Link #326
Gin
*Artist

I was just re-reading the power graphs and I was wondering, why does Soi Fon only have a 60 in kidou? doesnt shunko use high level kidou?
Old 2009-07-04, 07:24   Link #327
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
shunko requires kido manipulation, this doesnt mean she can do high lvl kido spells

dont forget that Soifon's Shunko is incomplete
Old 2009-07-09, 12:12   Link #328
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Each Bankai is unique we dont know how it will play out against a Bankai opponent .

Spoiler for MANGA:
No way.
Ulqiorra would crush Byakuya
Old 2009-07-09, 18:02   Link #329
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
No way.
Ulqiorra would crush Byakuya
There is some confusion here =/ .

My orignal post was made regarding Captain Power Graphs nothing directly to do with Espada Vs Captains. I was speculating that Byakuya was the 4th strongest captain in Gotei 13 as the stats were not translated yet. And the speculation regarding Byakuya was correct when the stats did get translated, despite having a wild card in Unohana.

Spoiler for Space:

I think the confusion arose from references to Zaraki and Noitora . The time-stamp on my post reads (2007-08-20). While the intrusion into HM takes place in chapter 297 that is around (2007-10-24). So that dates my post 2 months earlier to the actual intrusion of Captains into HM .
Old 2009-07-10, 16:03   Link #330
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
There is some confusion here =/ .

My orignal post was made regarding Captain Power Graphs nothing directly to do with Espada Vs Captains. I was speculating that Byakuya was the 4th strongest captain in Gotei 13 as the stats were not translated yet. And the speculation regarding Byakuya was correct when the stats did get translated, despite having a wild card in Unohana.

I think the confusion arose from references to Zaraki and Noitora . The time-stamp on my post reads (2007-08-20). While the intrusion into HM takes place in chapter 297 that is around (2007-10-24). So that dates my post 2 months earlier to the actual intrusion of Captains into HM .
So would that make Ulquiorra and Byakuya power equal.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine

Last edited by CMSensei; 2009-07-10 at 17:30.
Old 2009-07-10, 16:32   Link #331
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post

How the hell did you come to that conclusion?
Old 2009-07-10, 17:43   Link #332
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm a little lost if this is indeed official. Aizen stated he mastered all the forms of combat and implied that he reached the limits for power a shinigami can achieve. So shouldn't all his stats be maxed out at 100?
Well that is what he claims... Ichigo only knows how to swing his sword and is at the captain level... so i dont think just because learning some secrets will make him the strongest.
Old 2010-11-04, 00:23   Link #333
MutatedCreature

Talking Urgent urgent

Hey when I clicked on Hitsugaya's one there was a 404-not found page. Could you look into that, please? Thanks.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:38   Link #334
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
Ulquiorra is still better then Byakuya in my opinion.. Especially after watching Ulquiorra fighting Ichigo, Byakuya still has a long way to go.
Old 2010-11-06, 21:41   Link #335
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutatedCreature View Post
Hey when I clicked on Hitsugaya's one there was a 404-not found page. Could you look into that, please? Thanks.
Theyve been out for years, you could just google Hitsugaya power chart and it'll be on the first page.

Anyway heres a completed set:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49800
Old 2010-11-07, 03:33   Link #336
astrallionheart

The power chart is basically Soul Society arc power levels, which of course have been retconned since the HM arc.

Usually retconning happens when a long-running comic is taken over by new artists. Although apparently Kubo is making things up on the fly. Obviously with Kenpachi's feats against Noitora the power rankings would shift a little bit.

At this point Hitsugaya's closer to the lowest ranked captain than #5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Ulquiorra is still better then Byakuya in my opinion.. Especially after watching Ulquiorra fighting Ichigo, Byakuya still has a long way to go.
Yep. Byakua's weakness is speed (since hes a finesse fighter who overrates his own speed), which is something Ulquirra has in doves--he's faster than Ichigo's bankai. Even if Byakuya's "White Emperor" ability could match Ulquiorra's power (via retconning), I'm pretty sure Ulquiorra would just attack him sideways like he did to Ichigo.

Last edited by astrallionheart; 2010-11-07 at 03:54.
Old 2010-11-07, 04:57   Link #337
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
The power chart is basically Soul Society arc power levels
They don't rank power levels unfortunately. If they did, the charts wouldn't even be accurate at ranking the captains power levels for the SS arc (before the supposed retcon you're referring to). There's just far too many inconsistencies to be found if the data is to be interpreted that way. The charts are only meant to compare each captains strengths in relation to their own weaknesses. So the numbers mean different things for different characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
Obviously with Kenpachi's feats against Noitora the power rankings would shift a little bit.
Come to think of it, there's very little to suggest the data in the charts to have been retconned during the HM arc. And Ken's battle would only support the notion. Afterall, according to the stats,
-He puts practically everything he's got into offense and physical strength, giving him the full 100 points in those categories. (If nothing else, we can safely say Zaraki definitely demonstrated tons of offensive physical strength during that fight)
-He's got a decent defense stat of 80 (which explained his competency at being able to fend off Noi's attacks on top of being able to endure a fair amount of punishment),
-a relatively low mobility stat of 60 (which explains why you'll see him evade attacks on occasion, and not spam shunpo),
-only 50 points for intelligence (because lets face it, he didn't exactly use a lot intellect to win. In fact, his winning strategy came down to something as simple as holding his zanpakuto with two hands for a change).
-And 0 for Kido

All things considered, I'd say he represented those numbers very well doing his fight against Noi.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-11-07 at 05:23.
Old 2010-11-07, 10:30   Link #338
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

I'd disagree with Yamamoto's Strength ranking of 60 - his Sokotsu (the 2-handed punch) was strong enough to shatter Wonderweiss into pieces with one hit, he managed to block all of Wonderweiss' attacks before he sprouted more arms, he ripped two arms off in one go (going against Espada-level hierro and he was ready to go after Aizen unarmed without seeming to be preparing any Kido (after he thought he'd taken out Wonderweiss)
Old 2010-11-07, 13:07   Link #339
sayde

^^Yamamoto having a physical strength stat of 60 doesn't necessarily mean he's weak in that area in comparison to everyone else. All it means is that despite his tremendous physical strength, he's even more adept in all the other categories (which is a scary thought).

Seriously 60 points in physical strength for the likes of Yamamoto would probably be the equivalent to 600 points in that same category in comparison to someone like Komamura.
Old 2010-11-07, 17:38   Link #340
astrallionheart

Quote:

All things considered, I'd say he represented those numbers very well doing his fight against Noi.
Retconning in comics = strength or power of projectile attacks. A good example is varying power levels of Superman in DC, or Silver Surfer in Marvel. Supes goes from as high as moving planets to lows of getting hurt by an artillery shell, and then up and down again. The Infinite Crisis series in DC basically played out this power difference, when the entire multiverse (aka all the conflicting storylines) was collapsed into one universe. The "Prime" version of Superman defeated a wave of Superman and other DC characters of multiple universes--at the same time.

Since Zaraki is always 100 in strength, that means some of the other characters were overstated in strength. i.e., they would go from 60 to 40 now. As a result their composite score will drop. Also Toshiro hasn't shown any ability in kido...in the entire series. That would be like giving Ichigo a kido rating of 70 at this point.

Quote:
^^Yamamoto having a physical strength stat of 60 doesn't necessarily mean he's weak in that area in comparison to everyone else. All it means is that despite his tremendous physical strength, he's even more adept in all the other categories (which is a scary thought).

Seriously 60 points in physical strength for the likes of Yamamoto would probably be the equivalent to 600 points in that same category in comparison to someone like Komamura.
The "chart" they use is the exact same one--ripoff--used in many Japanese video games uses these days and it has always been used as an absolute scale, not relative. There was no evidence of Yamamoto's physical strength in the SS arc--he was an old guy with an insane zankpaktoh. That was like five years ago. The power levels have absolutely been retconned at this point.

Last edited by astrallionheart; 2010-11-07 at 17:50.
Closed Thread