AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-22, 19:07   Link #1
remase2

The Challenge

Yes good night to one and all, I have a question did anyone see ghost in a shell: Innocence and was It good.

And on a related note I have a challenge: U have to give your favorite movies and Why U liked them also try to list anime movies first. After Samurai X I have found few that would fill the gap.

It seems for a while I have been running out of good animes and movies to watch like most of the stuff they make now Is just Garbage.

My favorite movies would probably be Samurai X and the Killer. Samurai X for the action and its deep philosophical themes namely love and redemption and same thing for the Killer(starring chow young fat)
Old 2004-12-22, 19:15   Link #2
7thMethuselah

WOuldn't this be better in the suggestion forum with a different title?

Anyway, some anime movies worth checking out

Akira : Something any anime fanatic should see sooner or later imho, it's a bit dark and pessimistic, and the ending wasn't handled as good as in the mnag but it is a milestone and cannot be ignored

Ah My Goddess : The movie : well if you are into AMG then make sure you do not miss out on this beautiful piece of art, the animation is simply magnificent, the story is very good as well , and some Belldandy never hurt anyone

Inu Yasha movie 3 : The best movie so far, it features alot of background and confrontations between Inu Yasha and Sesshoumaru, for that reason alone one should watch it. And we get to see IY dad again (the 4th movie is set to release next week I think)
Old 2004-12-22, 19:31   Link #3
Robocop
Cepheus

I agree Akira is a must see for any anime fan, It really is what introduced anime to the western world.

Other greats:

Fist of the North Star for all the fighters out there.

Ghost in the shell. (Haven't seen Innocence yet)

Grave of the fire flies. (Another golden oldie but on a totally different theme than Akira)

AppleSeed. (The future of Anime)

But yeah all of these titles really don't do their Manga counter parts much justice.
Old 2004-12-22, 19:33   Link #4
aahhsin

The Godfather I & II = Al Pacino, Marlon Brando
Deep Story, Characters, Excellent Acting, Dramatic, and finally the point from the "bad guys"

Infernal Affairs = Tony Leung, Andy Lau
Complex Story, Excellent Acting, Filled with Suspense, and a very original script

All About Ah Long (Ah Long's Story) = Chow Yun Fat
The acting is just simply excellent.

Raging Bull = Robert De Niro
This is just very good.

Oh Anime Movies....

Anime Movies are horrible. I haven't seen a good one ever.

All the Ranma one's suck, All the Inuyasha one's suck, the Naruto one was horrible, Initial D stage 3 was an eyesore, Don't get me started with the Pokemon movies....
Old 2004-12-22, 19:46   Link #5
Robocop
Cepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
The Godfather I & II = Al Pacino, Marlon Brando
Deep Story, Characters, Excellent Acting, Dramatic, and finally the point from the "bad guys"

Infernal Affairs = Tony Leung, Andy Lau
Complex Story, Excellent Acting, Filled with Suspense, and a very original script

All About Ah Long (Ah Long's Story) = Chow Yun Fat
The acting is just simply excellent.

Raging Bull = Robert De Niro
This is just very good.

Oh Anime Movies....

Anime Movies are horrible. I haven't seen a good one ever.

All the Ranma one's suck, All the Inuyasha one's suck, the Naruto one was horrible, Initial D stage 3 was an eyesore, Don't get me started with the Pokemon movies....
Ahh, I see...

Ok then.

The good the bad and the ugly (Clint is just so fcking cool)

A fist full of Dollars; again he juts kicks ass

A few Dollars more. OMG Clint really does the buz in this one.

Good Felles* De Niro and Pesci* rock in this movie! Check it out.

Favourite movie of all time? Hmmm...

Too hard! American Beauty is a must see, Kevin Spacy is superb in this.."Pass me the fcking esparagis*"lol

Oh talking about Kevin Spacy, check out The usual suspects.

And I'm gonna stop now cause potentially I could go on all night!

On a last note....Check out Taxi Driver, That has to be De Niro's best part ever.

By the wat ahssin; have you actually seen the Naruto movie?

Last edited by Robocop; 2004-12-22 at 20:31.
Old 2004-12-22, 20:53   Link #6
Ebichuman
Ebichu Transform!

I saw GitS: Innocence. I thought it was pretty good IMO, but not for everyone. Very philosophical and some parts can be long winded. Not to mention there are a good deal of quotes from Milton, the Bible, etc. in the dialouge that will leave some people scratching their heads. Visually, its a feast for the eyes. So even if youre not into philosophical stuff its worth seeing just for the visuals.... there is a decent amount of action in there as well.

For other anime movies: Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D, and those already mentioned above.

There have been some others with potential IMO, but didnt come out all that great.
Old 2004-12-22, 21:07   Link #7
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop
By the wat ahssin; have you actually seen the Naruto movie?
I wouldn't list it as a horrible movie if I didn't now right?
Old 2004-12-23, 09:26   Link #8
remase2

thank you for all the great suggestions but, I must let you know I have seen Infernal affairs, and Akira, the god father but I will have to check out the Inuyasha movie and Naruto.

Thanks to one and all again
Old 2004-12-23, 10:32   Link #9
Robocop
Cepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
I wouldn't list it as a horrible movie if I didn't now right?
Damn you!

I wish I could speak Japanese so I could understand that movie, then again I can't even get hold of it on DVD I guess I would have to fly out to Japan to watch it lol and that aint gonna happen any time soon.
Old 2004-12-24, 00:11   Link #10
Chronissz

My favorite anime movie is

Millennium Actress

And anything from Miyazaki, altough his movies generally are not that sophisticated, but they more then make up for that in creativity and art.

I think anime has tainted my view of normal movies, I would much rather watch a new anime series then go see a movie.
Closed Thread