AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-24, 00:30   Link #61
pirateking

Quote:
The girl on manga 0 probably is the one that gave the Zero ability to Blade and possible later on developed to become a lolicon, because of that girl.
Thats not possible because the event about the Adam girl happened in the future! (year 2132) I could only see that she is possibly Blade and Eve's child, as what Eve's purpose of existence was meant to be. As for why she is a teenager in just 2 years time, she might be growing really fast, or some sort of biological test-tube baby?? Her house is in a church after all.

Quote:
Also i hate to say it but there is some evidence to suggest that Cruz has a fragment allready. Have you read the first chapter of volume 0 where the character most like Cruz had the power to freeze people? Well volume 6, Aruka tries to kill Cruz but stops completely at the last second. I cant read Japanese so at first I thought it might have been because of sentiment, but maybe he stopped her without knowing it.
The boy in vol 0 has "sound" ability which controls people who hear his voice (He shouted "Don't touch me!". Thats why people can't move an inch further towards him). Think of it as geass through the ears instead of eyes. Yes hopefully this ability will make appearance in the main story as it is pretty close to the level of "missing link" and might be able to instantly own Arclight (by commanding him to kill himself or become a life-time servant to the user). Theres also cool abilities like "opening gates of hell" and "controlling dead spirits" in vol 0.

IMO, its better that Cruz stays the way he is as an ordinary human being who outwits his opponent. That would make winning his opponents a very satisfying experience and humiliating to his opponents (imagine Arclight's reaction upon losing to a mere boy like Cruz). In One Piece, some of the crew are able to beat their "special ability" opponents without special powers and it just makes them more badass. In war, strengths and firepower alone doesn't guarantee victory(Anybody saw the chinese movie "Red Cliff"?).

Cruz's intelligence will balance the fight with Simeon and eventually become a major threat to Arclight's gang. Look at how successful Lelouch from Code Geass is with his smart brain? Since Needless story concept is based on "Adam and Eve", Cruz is like the "apple of Wisdom".

Last edited by pirateking; 2009-08-24 at 01:05.
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:36   Link #62
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
Spoiler for Needless volumes 10:
Spoiler for Volume 4-5:

Well, I've watched enough anime and manga (probably so have everyone) to normally be almost untouched by such developments these days. If Mio was a protagonist I would have muttered "Get off it, author. We all know she's going to be fine. Let's skip to the HOW, and try not to use too absurd a deux ex machina! (something this author has been reasonably good at so far...)" But Mio is not really a protagonist. You might remember she was introduced with a rather Kick the Dog moment.

I'm not assuming the worst, and you are probably right that she's going to make it, but such factors do introduce doubt. For the first time in many years I actually do not feel certain a character I care about will live, instead of knowing they'll live and hoping the author actually uses his brain in getting them out instead of the too worn "Last minute spurt of miracle power", or worse "The power of love and friendship" or similar deux ex machinas.

And that's no bad thing, except for my heart, who's waiting for the September 19 (plus the few days before someone finishes scanning...)

Spoiler for More Vol 10 spoilers:

Spoiler for Vol 6 and 8:
Still, the practice of using such foreshadowing as excuses to introduce "I am not Left-handed" at the most opportune moment is a little too worn for my taste.[/spoiler]
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 01:45   Link #63
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateking View Post
Thats not possible because the event about the Adam girl happened in the future! (year 2132) I could only see that she is possibly Blade and Eve's child, as what Eve's purpose of existence was meant to be. As for why she is a teenager in just 2 years time, she might be growing really fast, or some sort of biological test-tube baby?? Her house is in a church after all.

IMO, its better that Cruz stays the way he is as an ordinary human being who outwits his opponent. That would make winning his opponents a very satisfying experience and humiliating to his opponents (imagine Arclight's reaction upon losing to a mere boy like Cruz). In One Piece, some of the crew are able to beat their "special ability" opponents without special powers and it just makes them more badass. In war, strengths and firepower alone doesn't guarantee victory(Anybody saw the chinese movie "Red Cliff"?).

Cruz's intelligence will balance the fight with Simeon and eventually become a major threat to Arclight's gang. Look at how successful Lelouch from Code Geass is with his smart brain? Since Needless story concept is based on "Adam and Eve", Cruz is like the "apple of Wisdom".
Hmm...Since Iam reading raws, I am just following the flow of the story thanks for the clear up there on the year and yes it might be Adam and Eve's daughter since she has the upper portion of her dress similar to Adam and Eve's school girl uniform and she looks too much like Eve.

Cruz is the Batman without a utility belt on Needless, that is what impressed me.
Old 2009-08-24, 02:38   Link #64
pirateking

Quote:
Cruz is the Batman without a utility belt on Needless, that is what impressed me.
Except Cruz doesn't know Kung Fu like Batman. Cruz has 1 HP and will probably get instantly KO'ed by even one single blast from the enemy (We had not seen Cruz injured since his sister attacked him). In a chess game, the king is the most vulnerable of all.

About fighting against Arclight's ability

Spoiler:

To claim that Arclight's ability is unmatched in the story is overhyped. There are definitely ways to workaround it. Everything has a loophole. Its up to detective Cruz to come up with a proper countermeasure in their next round of fight. Im sure the author had thought of a weakness when he planned Arclight's ability. Lighting won't strike twice for Arclight.

Last edited by pirateking; 2009-08-24 at 04:36.
Old 2009-08-24, 03:52   Link #65
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Except Cruz doesn't know Kung Fu like Batman. Cruz has 1 HP and will probably get instantly KO'ed by even one single blast from the enemy (We had not seen Cruz injured since his sister attacked him). In a chess game, the king is the most vulnerable of all.

Spoiler:
Then he's the young Bruce Wayne then who is relying on his wits to survive after he ran away form the mansion after the murder of his parents.

I agree on what you have in the spoiler.
Old 2009-08-24, 07:57   Link #66
arkhangelsk

Quote:

Spoiler:
Unlikely I must say. Many Needless abiltiies, especially the combat ones, should logically suffer from severe blowback effects before they cause the least bit of harm to anyone else. Mio should have broken her fist punching her first steel wall (and even if she can hold up her bear/bunny/frog should have found it rather impossible to maintain her center of gravity), Kuchinashi should have poisoned herself with her own self-generated fragrances, the flame users should have burnt themselves, and so on. However, no one ever seems to suffer from blowback. Inducting from this will suggest that Needless are not only very tough, but their abilities will come with full protective and supportive measures (which presumably are copied / activated along). It thus follows that it would be rather hard to find some fragment to copy (actually, re-activate) that has a serious unattenuated side-effect.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 08:53   Link #67
pirateking

Quote:
Unlikely I must say. Many Needless abiltiies, especially the combat ones, should logically suffer from severe blowback effects before they cause the least bit of harm to anyone else. Mio should have broken her fist punching her first steel wall (and even if she can hold up her bear/bunny/frog should have found it rather impossible to maintain her center of gravity), Kuchinashi should have poisoned herself with her own self-generated fragrances, the flame users should have burnt themselves, and so on. However, no one ever seems to suffer from blowback. Inducting from this will suggest that Needless are not only very tough, but their abilities will come with full protective and supportive measures (which presumably are copied / activated along). It thus follows that it would be rather hard to find some fragment to copy (actually, re-activate) that has a serious unattenuated side-effect.
That may be true. The strategy I came up with is a huge gamble and definitely can't be executed without first obtaining that kind of ability. But this is a huge world we are living in and Cruz will get to meet different kinds of people during his adventures. Who knows?

As tough as Needless are, they may have super secret forbidden move that requires huge sacrifice. If you played enough RPG games, there are some spells or moves that will handicap you once executed. Side-effects could come in various forms, even death (the Kamikaze move in FF8). Arclight's "ability amplify" trait will be his shortcoming if used incorrectly. This strategy will screw Arclight real bad and teach him not to rely on other people's abilities.

The "sound" ability featured in volume 0 is extremely broken. Its like Lelouch's geass ability through the victims' ears. If Cruz were to have an ability, this ability suits him as he can command people at his will and combine with his brains, hes gonna own every single battle. Cruz could probably say "Don't move!" or "kill yourself!" and Arclight is instantly owned (Unless the victim is deaf or Cruz can't speak).

Last edited by pirateking; 2009-08-24 at 12:02.
Old 2009-08-24, 09:14   Link #68
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In Code Gease if your blind your safe, in needless you need to be deaf or hard of hearing.

What if Cruz's ability here is cancel? You know the kid in Xmen movie 3 that can take away cancel the mutant powers, I just have a hunch if ever he'll have a fragment within him, that might be it, that is also a pretty broken power. Just an ordinary human relying on wits and survival to battle, no other techniques or special abilities.
Old 2009-08-24, 11:15   Link #69
pirateking

Quote:
In Code Gease if your blind your safe, in needless you need to be deaf or hard of hearing.
Off Topic: Nunnally was pretty safe from Lelouch's geass until she open her eyes in final episode. What a pity.

Quote:
What if Cruz's ability here is cancel? You know the kid in Xmen movie 3 that can take away cancel the mutant powers, I just have a hunch if ever he'll have a fragment within him, that might be it, that is also a pretty broken power. Just an ordinary human relying on wits and survival to battle, no other techniques or special abilities.
you mean something like Toma's Imagine Breaker in Aru Majutsu no Index? Sure it will be useful against any powerful super powers, but Arclight is pretty skillful in hand-to-hand combat as he is able to compete with Blade in equal terms near the end of vol 7. Having that ability alone will still get your own ass kicked unless you are skillful in combat. Besides, Arclight has a super regenerative body that heals/repairs itself thus its not enough to take Arclight out that way. Ability cancel is more of a survival/support technique.

Another disadvantage about sound is that sound can't travel in vacuum, thus if they fight in space or sound protective space/wall, the "sound" ability is useless. However with the "sound" ability, the user can shout "don't kill/fight us!" and Arclight is screwed. Better yet, shout "Lets be friends and peace!" and then end of manga. Good ending for everyone.

Blade's final words to Cruz before they got separated in vol 8 said that they were currently no match for Arclight. Thus I speculate that Cruz and co. need to recruit a needless with the "right" ability against Arclight. Of all abilities presented thus far, I find "sound" ability close to "god-like", thats why i supported Cruz potentially having this ability to become the next Lelouch. He could also use this ability to brainwash his sister back to his side.

Last edited by pirateking; 2009-08-24 at 11:58.
Old 2009-08-24, 11:59   Link #70
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
you mean something like Toma's Imagine Breaker in Aru Majutsu no Index? Sure it will be useful against any powerful super powers, but Arclight is pretty skillful in hand-to-hand combat as he is able to compete with Blade in equal terms near the end of vol 7. Having that ability alone will still get your own ass kicked unless you are skillful in combat. Besides, Arclight has a super regenerative body that heals/repairs itself thus its not enough to take Arclight out that way. Ability cancel is more of a survival/support technique.

Another disadvantage about sound is that sound can't travel in vacuum, thus if they fight in space or sound protective space/wall, the "sound" ability is useless. However with the "sound" ability, the user can shout "don't kill/fight us!" and Arclight is screwed. Better yet, shout "Lets be friends and peace!" and then end of manga. Good ending for everyone.
Lets not talk about Lulu and that tragic incident.

Well if it was more like the kid on the Xmen3 Movie who can take away mutant powers when your near him or if he grows agitated he'll burst out a stream that takes away all Needless powers. Everyone will be normal humans again. Arclight will be turned back to normal. I can see now the Blade, Uchida and Eve stomping on Arclight when he loses his powers for lol's.

EDIT:

Trap Yamada is too cute.
Old 2009-08-24, 12:51   Link #71
pirateking

Well the events in vol 0 clearly tells us that Needless powers are still around in future, thus Arclight failed in retrieving his powers back.

Quote:
Trap Yamada is too cute.
Spoiler:

Since Eve is out of action, we now have a new female protagonist - Yamada-ko chan

About Saten inspecting Eve's face and saying " 'IT' has being taken away?" could he be refering to the crystal on her forehead? Since both Adam's and the girl Adam has it, it would be strange that Eve doesn't have the crystal on her forehead.

Last edited by pirateking; 2009-08-24 at 13:14.
Old 2009-08-24, 16:36   Link #72
shadowii

guys just one thing, people here are trying to connect volume 0 to the rest of needless. I thought that 0 was a pilot or prototype manga and that it is not in the rest of the continuity
example: i thought the girl in the first manga was later split (not literally but story wise) into adam and eve as she looks like eve and has adams collar. So does the priest guy in the second part with the characters from the main manga and you are not going to tell me that guy is Blade.
also i agree that Cruz should not have a fragment. i just think its what usually happens in these mangas

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-08-24 at 17:01.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 17:18   Link #73
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Well the events in vol 0 clearly tells us that Needless powers are still around in future, thus Arclight failed in retrieving his powers back.

Spoiler:

Since Eve is out of action, we now have a new female protagonist - Yamada-ko chan

About Saten inspecting Eve's face and saying " 'IT' has being taken away?" could he be refering to the crystal on her forehead? Since both Adam's and the girl Adam has it, it would be strange that Eve doesn't have the crystal on her forehead.
I find that last image on the far right to be a bit disturbing. Anyway, I am just wondering how many chapters in this series makes up a volume?
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 19:59   Link #74
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
I find that last image on the far right to be a bit disturbing. Anyway, I am just wondering how many chapters in this series makes up a volume?

I find it disturbing that you only find that image disturbing!
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 20:25   Link #75
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Is it just me or Cruz having quite a harem there?

And I think I saw Mr. Elephant... XD
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 20:40   Link #76
shadowii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post

And I think I saw Mr. Elephant... XD
Oh great a harem of girls that would probably rip him apart if they knew who he really was. They all do work for Simeon.
Old 2009-08-24, 21:00   Link #77
pirateking

Quote:
The latest manga arc should be called "Yamada's harem adventure". All of his nakama are currently teenage girls, including killer girls. The lack of Blade and Eve's presence give the series a different feeling. Maybe Cruz's ability is "Harem"?

Quote:
guys just one thing, people here are trying to connect volume 0 to the rest of needless. I thought that 0 was a pilot or prototype manga and that it is not in the rest of the continuity
example: i thought the girl in the first manga was later split (not literally but story wise) into adam and eve as she looks like eve and has adams collar. So does the priest guy in the second part with the characters from the main manga and you are not going to tell me that guy is Blade.
Like I said before that its impossible for the Adam girl to split into Blade and Eve since it takes place in the future. Blade and Eve already existed before her. Yes the priest guy IS blade as it is shown that he copied other people's abilities and the profile page did state his full name is Adam Blade. Seeing as how Blade wasn't used to be a beastly type of person when he was a young boy, its not totally impossible for him to look like that in the past. Seto (The gravity girl) was with him during the event and he claimed that she was once his comrade in the main manga story. This prequel also showed how Blade recruited the magnetic girl as well. Did you read the latest raw? The little girl with glasses made appearance in the main manga story.

Spoiler:

About the adam girl, yes its possible that its a separate parallel story with no relation to the main story. I mean its rather disturbing to know that Blade and Eve are not around to look after the Adam girl if she is indeed related to them. The fact that Adam girl can grow up in just 2 years time is also unbelievable.

Quote:
If Im not wrong, its 7 chapters per volume. Thus vol 10 will go up to chapter 70 which is the very latest one out in Japan. About Yamada-ko's "down there", seems hes pretty skillful in contracting "that part" to fit his cross-dressing LOL does anyone notice what Disk is doing to Yamada in the second last image?

Spoiler:

Yamada-ko chan FTW. He may become the king of cross-dressing.

Last edited by pirateking; 2009-08-24 at 21:50.
Old 2009-08-24, 21:06   Link #78
shadowii

Quote:
The latest manga arc should be called "Yamada's harem adventure". The lack of Blade and Eve's presence give the series a different feeling.

Yes the priest guy IS blade as it is shown that he copied other people's abilities and the profile page did state his full name is Adam Blade. Seto (The gravity girl) was with him during the event and he claimed that she was once his comrade. Did you read the latest raw? The little girl with glasses made appearance in the main manga story.

About the adam girl, yes its possible that its a separate parallel story with no relation to the main story. I mean its rather disturbing to know that Blade and Eve are not around to look after the Adam girl if she is indeed related to them.
are you sure any of it is in the main though, because that guy did not act anything like adam, he didnt attack the magnet girl or the glasses girl romanticailly and he was calm and collected. That does not sound like the main adam blade, plus in volume 1 adam said he didnt have any powers before kafkas.
Old 2009-08-24, 21:36   Link #79
BlueDo

I may have read vol. 7 incorrectly, but didn't Blade copy Arclight's amplify power?
They were practically on equal grounds, until Arclight brought out the big cannon...
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 22:15   Link #80
pirateking

Quote:
I may have read vol. 7 incorrectly, but didn't Blade copy Arclight's amplify power?
They were practically on equal grounds, until Arclight brought out the big cannon...
Blade's Zero ability is imperfect compared to Arclight's PF Zero which can copy every kind of skill including "missing link" levels. (Blade couldn't execute Saten's ability even though he learned the skill). Blade and Arclight were handicapped after the flashback event, thats why you see them going just hand-to-hand combat instead of using abilities to fight. Arclight obtained PF Zero back by consuming the people thus hes a lucky bastard during that time.

Yeah, Blade pretty much had the match won, but Arclight "cheated". Reminds me of the boss character Gill from SFIII.

Quote:
are you sure any of it is in the main though, because that guy did not act anything like adam, he didnt attack the magnet girl or the glasses girl romanticailly and he was calm and collected. That does not sound like the main adam blade, plus in volume 1 adam said he didnt have any powers before kafkas.
Blade's lolicon fetish may have developed later after the events of vol 0. He wasn't a lolicon when he was a young boy. About Blade claiming he has no ability, its like "oh I have no ability. I am just a normal guy" and then when the time calls for it, BANG! Surprise!! Most people would lie to hide their identity in order to blend into society.

Since Blade's Zero ability is imperfect, he might have lost those learned abilities over time. The crystal on the priest's forehead is a dead giveaway about his identity.

Last edited by pirateking; 2009-08-24 at 22:50.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen