AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2009-07-28, 21:38   Link #561
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Just watched Macross Plus, and I enjoyed it. Anyway on to the question are there any more triangles in Macross that have one girl and two guys? I'm still going to check out all of them but i want to watch a girl get to choose first
Macross 7.

Although the majority of us agree, Basara is probably a better match for Mylene's sister.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 22:12   Link #562
Snowblind
Professional Lurker

And if you're expecting the girl to actually choose in M7, then... O.o
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 22:41   Link #563
Snowblind
Professional Lurker

...Also, if watching M7 for the first time, you may have to force yourself to watch the first dozen (...or couple dozen) episodes. It does get better, though, it's just an acquired taste for some.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 20:06   Link #564
Kylegoblue

How long exactly until it becomes bearable? Can you start watching around episode 24 and not be lost?
Kylegoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 20:12   Link #565
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylegoblue View Post
How long exactly until it becomes bearable? Can you start watching around episode 24 and not be lost?
I can say the same for Macross frontier :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 20:29   Link #566
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
I'd say it starts improving around episode 13 (your mileage may vary).

But it never becomes the great mecha-oriented show that most people want from a Macross series.

Think of it as a show about a band that has some mecha in it, and you'll be much happier.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 20:35   Link #567
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Think of it as a show about a band that has some mecha in it, and you'll be much happier.
Better yet, think of it as a glorified MTV or album promotion that lasts 49 episodes, and you will feel even happier.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-07-29, 20:41   Link #568
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Better yet, think of it as a glorified MTV or album promotion that lasts 49 episodes, and you will feel even happier.

- Tak
Meh MF is more VH1....

Whats really screwy if you get rid of all the fillerish/pointless eps in M7 you get about 25-30 worth while eps, if you take out all the fillerish/pointless scenes in MF you get about 13-15 eps.

So that's about even in terms of lulzy percentages. SDF1 is still the better one in terms of character/story/plot.... I guess Zero would the best of the OVA's/ non TV series.
Old 2009-07-29, 20:42   Link #569
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Better yet, think of it as a glorified MTV or album promotion that lasts 49 episodes, and you will feel even more inclined to hit your head against your desk.

- Tak

Fixed it .

*runs off*
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 20:47   Link #570
Kylegoblue

Hmm, seeing as how I'm pretty happy without a concussion maybe I'll just read the wiki entries for it.
Old 2009-07-29, 20:49   Link #571
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post

Fixed it .

*runs off*
Well that too, then again, I had trouble watching M7 as a legitimate sequel of Macross.

Honestly, if Max and Milia wasn't in it, I wouldn't have cared.

- Tak

Old 2009-07-29, 20:51   Link #572
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Well that too, then again, I had trouble watching M7 as a legitimate sequel of Macross.

Honestly, if Max and Milia wasn't in it, I wouldn't have cared.

- Tak
Then why in the world did you watch MF?!!?!? :P
Old 2009-07-29, 21:11   Link #573
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Hmm, seeing as how I'm pretty happy without a concussion maybe I'll just read the wiki entries for it.
Don't listen to the nattering nabobs of negativity. Macross 7 isn't a great show by any stretch, but it's worth watching at least once. A lot of people find that they like it towards the end. A lot don't, too...but hey, as Isamu says in Mac Plus, why not try it and see for yourself. Then you'll know FOR SURE if it's sour.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 21:15   Link #574
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Don't listen to the nattering nabobs of negativity. Macross 7 isn't a great show by any stretch, but it's worth watching at least once. A lot of people find that they like it towards the end. A lot don't, too...but hey, as Isamu says in Mac Plus, why not try it and see for yourself. Then you'll know FOR SURE if it's sour.
Agreed, It's always good to give something a chance. And hey, maybe you'll have different opinions.

EDIT:
Quote:
I guess the biggest drawback was that I watched it side-by-side with Macross PLUS back in '95. Naturally, after viewing PLUS, you just can't get enough, and thus it was only logical to continue with Macross 7.

Lo' and behold... lets just say that it was an interesting experience...

- Tak (And yes, I did watch through the whole damn thing)
I actually watched 7 right after i finished PLUS too. That might have been a factor as well .
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 21:16   Link #575
Tak

Quote:
I guess the biggest drawback was that I watched it side-by-side with Macross PLUS back in '95. Naturally, after viewing PLUS, you just can't get enough, and thus it was only logical to continue with Macross 7.

Lo' and behold... lets just say that it was an interesting experience...

- Tak (And yes, I did watch through the whole damn thing)

Old 2009-07-29, 21:18   Link #576
ZippyDSM

Quote:
I have more problems with plus than M7 0-o

Yes yes I know I am broken and hippectrial

But really M7(even MF) is not that random compared to other sci fi based anime, pace yourself an ep a day or week if you can't marathon it in a few eps at a time.
Old 2009-07-29, 21:59   Link #577
Kylegoblue

Quote:
Well said. I will do that. My gf will be gone next weekend so that may be a good time for a marathon session. Since she saw MF she's not so keen on older animation.
Old 2009-07-30, 04:23   Link #578
magnuskn

Quote:
Well said. I will do that. My gf will be gone next weekend so that may be a good time for a marathon session. Since she saw MF she's not so keen on older animation.
Oh, I know the problem, from myself... Macross Frontier really spoiled in this regard. <sigh>
Old 2009-07-30, 07:45   Link #579
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, I know the problem, from myself... Macross Frontier really spoiled in this regard. <sigh>
Thats a problem, isn't it? MF topped the standard so much to the point that as I started watching subsequent shows, I just cannot find myself enjoying them as much.

For example: Gundam 00, Linebarrel... etc. Good animes, but not enough mental hard-on

Not even Ms Igloo 2 can do the job... damn you Kawamori, damn you.

- Tak

Old 2009-07-30, 08:50   Link #580
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
It was because of MF I went back to watch SDF-1 and I enjoyed that a hell of a lot more than MF. I actually admired the animation of SDF-1 more so because all the transformations and combat scenes were drawn by hand.

That and I prefer the look of the VF-1* over the VF-25* ;D

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a