AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: What'd you think bout the episode?
Perfect 10 6 20.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 24.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 34.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 17.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-02-07, 16:55   Link #41
Skaddix

Darn and just when I was about to celebrate kudelia not whining it ends in a cry fest.

Kudelia is good for inspirational speeches I suppose but that is about all so far, I am not even sure she has Charisma.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 16:59   Link #42
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Trump isn't a teenage girl. If you're brain dead, you can kinda see him a father figure, and if you don't know his financial history, you can believe he's got proven business acumen.

It's one thing to listen to mascots, especially for things that don't really matter. But who the hell would risk their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to follow them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Good business man not same as good politic man .
Off topic but... You guys better fact check on that.

In any case breaking Gjallarhorn's hold on the Solar System is in everyone's political and economic interest.

McGillis on the other hand wants to get rid of the fat and make a leaner Gjallarhorn as internal political squabbles is ruining their reputation and whatever political capital they had since the Calamity War.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 17:13   Link #43
Skye629

Seriously ppl? We had to go and use Donald Trump as an example in a Gundam discussion????

C'mon
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 17:22   Link #44
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Seriously ppl? We had to go and use Donald Trump as an example in a Gundam discussion????

C'mon
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Darn and just when I was about to celebrate kudelia not whining it ends in a cry fest.

Kudelia is good for inspirational speeches I suppose but that is about all so far, I am not even sure she has Charisma.
So you're complaining about her being human?
Old 2016-02-07, 17:52   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
That's why I said "if you don't know his financial history".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 17:54   Link #46
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

In any case breaking Gjallarhorn's hold on the Solar System is in everyone's political and economic interest.

McGillis on the other hand wants to get rid of the fat and make a leaner Gjallarhorn as internal political squabbles is ruining their reputation and whatever political capital they had since the Calamity War.
That's what Anh-Minh was saying. If you know nothing about his financial history you could believe he's a good businessman, which he clearly isn't. Well he's clearly good at some things, but that's a discussion for another board.

Anyway, nice episode. I'm interested in seeing what the old man what's to use Kudelia for.
Old 2016-02-07, 18:32   Link #47
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

I wonder if they are heading towards a Lafter x Akihiro scene
She didn't say that because of Akihiro, it was because of Naze.
Old 2016-02-07, 19:40   Link #48
Skaddix

Quote:

Yeah and that higlights why the Tekkadan/McGillis Front Company alliance is doomed to total failure...I seriously doubt the general public is going to make that distinction.
Old 2016-02-07, 20:39   Link #49
Irenesharda

So we are finally getting to Earth and into the game of space politics.

Kudelia is growing up, but she looks like she's trying to change and change too much too fast.

We have several different factions we are being introduced to here that are on Earth, and none of them seem very trustworthy, even this guy that she's supposed to meet. Kudelia's speech got them to stop, but I'm not sure for how long. We have this new over the top commander girl who looks like she wants to take them down. McGillis' dad and some woman are also doing some shady stuff as well. And who was the little boy in the car?

McGillis actually shows his hand, and he wants to form an alliance with Tekkadan, Kudelia and the Turbines. He shows himself as head of a group called Montag Corp and he wants to help so that they can help him. And from what he was saying with derp-Hitler (yes, he makes his return too) he seems sincere in wanting their help.

I love that Mika recognized him right away and McGillis didn't deny it at all, however, he does request that they keep his secret. As he says, he has no reason to trick them, especially since someone like Mika could see right through it.

However, this move makes me wonder if he's really working with Gaelio. Gaelio still seems stuck on taking down Tekkadan for some stupid reason, even after we get Ein's backstory about being half-Martian and how Crank inspired him.

Well, it looks like we're back in the fight as they are still trying to get Earth and they've partnered with McGillis to get them there. Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend basic thing. And Mika is giving both his ladies as hug as they try to make the best of this sticky situation.

However, with the full on battle next week, I'm going to bet they don't get to Earth where they wanted to.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 23:46   Link #50
ReddyRedWolf

Makanai is using Kudelia for his flagging political reputation to get re-elected. With accusations of bribery which we don't know if true or not. While his political opponent Henri Fleur is in Gjallarhorn's pocket.

If Makanai gets this right he'll be re-elected and leave his mark into history. If things don't go right Gjallarhorn will probably kill him.

The way I see it, it either ends in a big war with everybody against Gjallarhorn or it ends up in a Gjallarhorn civil war.
Old 2016-02-08, 00:17   Link #51
Skye629

Quote:
Makanai is using Kudelia for his flagging political reputation to get re-elected. With accusations of bribery which we don't know if true or not. While his political opponent Henri Fleur is in Gjallarhorn's pocket.

If Makanai gets this right he'll be re-elected and leave his mark into history. If things don't go right Gjallarhorn will probably kill him.

The way I see it, it either ends in a big war with everybody against Gjallarhorn or it ends up in a Gjallarhorn civil war.
AKA its gonna end in War no matter what, even then a Gjallerhorn civil war will drag in the colonies along with Mars eventually unless its ended swiftly
Old 2016-02-08, 00:23   Link #52
Twi

Chocolate man immediately asking about biscuit's little sisters + his interactions with his fiancee = red flags.
Old 2016-02-08, 00:27   Link #53
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Thank the fuckin lord Mika for being the only one who saw through that Party City disguise.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-08, 01:02   Link #54
Skaddix

Eh Kudelia better get better at that if she is going to be leading them in politics...same for Biscuit...Orga gets a pass never met him before.
Old 2016-02-08, 01:12   Link #55
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Chocolate man immediately asking about biscuit's little sisters + his interactions with his fiancee = red flags.
I think that was more him giving Biscuit verification (on Mika's question why he was with them/there) to who he was without having to take off his mask get up rather than being a pedo being a pedo lol
Old 2016-02-08, 03:57   Link #56
ReddyRedWolf

Nine months after that Atra and Kudelia give birth to Mika's babies due to unprotected hugging.
Old 2016-02-08, 04:11   Link #57
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

^You sir won the internet for today.
Old 2016-02-08, 04:21   Link #58
dragon1412

actually this kind late of me since i only managed to have time to watch season 2 episodes to days but isn't the OP animation oddly remind you of aldnoah/zero ??? though Kudelia>>>>>>>>>>> Asseylum
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-08, 04:40   Link #59
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
She didn't say that because of Akihiro, it was because of Naze.
With context of that scene it didn't sounded that way. Just sayin'.
Old 2016-02-08, 05:07   Link #60
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
actually this kind late of me since i only managed to have time to watch season 2 episodes to days but isn't the OP animation oddly remind you of aldnoah/zero ??? though Kudelia>>>>>>>>>>> Asseylum
For some reason Asseylum annoyed me less...still that story had its root in basically two monumentally dumb decisions made by our rival protags one in S1 and one in S2.

Still you gotta love Mika building a Harem...never has a dude more randomly acquired a harem and Mika's Facial Expression is great. Still that harem is not going to work Mika wants to retire on a Farm and Kudelia wants to run a new government...not compatible. So either Mika sticks around and keeps fighting or Kudelia retires and Orga takes control. Be interesting to see how that gets navigated or of course someone dies...

...should we start placing bets on which name character dies next. I think we all saw Fumitan coming. So which mecha pilot do we all thing is first to die.

Tags
weekly episode discussion