AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-01, 23:39   Link #701
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hajime no Ippo New Challenger ep. 26.

Alot of tension between Miyata, Ippo and Kamogawa. This is where Ippo's fine writing in real life problems like friendship, rivalries and boxing management comes into play.

Spoiler for Aoki and the Fish dude:
Old 2009-07-03, 10:53   Link #702
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
It was a great season overall. 9/10
Looking forward to the third season.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 15:08   Link #703
gonzo562

great episode. They ended the season perfectly.

Confrontation between ippo, miyata, and the coach

ippo next title match. Was a great way end the season.
I wonder when the next season will come out. End of this year or early next year.

upcoming matches

Spoiler for upcoming matches:
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 16:53   Link #704
Eak
One angry cloud.

Greatest part of last episode was the fact that Kamogawa stopped Ippo's newly-trained Dempsey when he was hitting the mitts. I was genuinely surprised and really shows his skill despite his age.

Spoiler for manga info:
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 08:52   Link #705
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yes I'd give it also a 9 out of 10 since the music score on the early ring fights weren't really that good which is a bad thing, since then Ippo's music ROCKED!!! And wasn't a ballet or opera type. Glad in the Takamura Hawk fight the guitar and (Mio lol) Bass is back!
Old 2009-07-08, 10:53   Link #706
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wow, that was quick 26…Pretty much just 2 hardcore fights all-series but they were pretty damn good….1 problem I had with the final though was that I thought the Miyata fear was kinda overkill….Yeah, yeah I know Miyata has a little more power now and that he’s specialized his counter-punches, but Ippo has only lost 1 match EVER and it seemed kinda ghey for his trainer to treat him like some sap who doesn’t even have a chance verses Miyata, as if Miyata is this golden tree that has to be knocked down when Miyata has pretty much looked like he’s been barely making it all series, while Ippo has been mostly dominant in the series…I don’t know, maybe the manga fleshes it out better, but it felt kinda weird how INCREDIBLY SUPER SCARED they were trying to make Ippo’s side feel about Miyata…I agree the Dempsey roll certainly has a weakness (Visually it’s WTFdopeness though^^), but it’s not like Ippo hasn't had the Dempsey roll neutralized and still won with incredible grit and hardcore punch-power…

Now it’s been explained to us that Miyata’s full punch power is nothing compared to Ippo’s and if he just plans to win on points alone, I don’t get the ridiculous fear factor this ep displayed…They definitely should have a healthy fear of Miyata’s skill, but they played it up like Ippo doesn’t stand a chance in hell, and that feels a bit disingenuous considering what we’ve been shown since the first season…

I mean if we thought the oldman was bat$hit over Hawke, he might have a seizure thinking about how to beat Miyata it seemed…Ippo definitely has the will to get stronger, but it appeared to be overkill with how much Miyata has surpassed him…Plus they coulda found a better way of motivating Ippo without basically tearing down his confidence acting so petrified over Miyata….Dude has won like a million matches in a row and you make him feel like he’s $hit on toast verses Miyata…I don’t see it, but maybe it's just me...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2009-07-08 at 11:05.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 10:19   Link #707
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
^ wingdarkness: In the last episode, they said that the Dempsey Roll is weak to counters, but left it at that. In the manga it is revealed later just HOW a good counter-puncher can completely shut down the Dempsey Roll.

As a hint, just take a look at how God - I mean, Ricardo Martinez - easily beat the Dempsey Roll during the spar.

IMHO, Kamogawa didn't accept the fight because he didn't think Ippo was ready, Dempsey Roll or otherwise. In a fight between rivals, it has to be that both should be AT THEIR BEST condition, and that each of their main weapons is not easily exploitable by the other. Miyata himself seemed to agree that if he fought (and most certainly won) against Ippo now, he wouldn't be very satisfied because he had too much of an advantage.

Remember, much more than the OPBF title, however cheesy it sounds, the two PROMISED to settle their tie in the Pro ring, each bringing their best and having no regrets, win or lose.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 22:15   Link #708
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Will the "Dempsy Evolution" training Kamogawa pay off?

Will Ippo ever fight Miyata in the pro-ring?

How many more fights will Takamura win? Or will he lose?

See you in the next season or OVA!
Old 2009-07-09, 23:48   Link #709
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

You forgot a couple more questions...

Will Ippo FINALLY "get it on" with Kumi-chan?

Can the Itagaki family's puns get any worse?

Will Aoki lose something else other than his eyebrows?

Old 2009-07-10, 02:23   Link #710
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

This is the anime where "I am a Fighter not a Lover" kinda thing.

The development with Kumi will just keep dragging on anime and manga.

And yes the most important thing!!! AOKI'S EYEBROWS!!! LOL
Old 2009-07-10, 04:59   Link #711
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Man, I hate this series for stopping short just before my favorite Ippo defenses in maybe, ever.

Also one of the most likable Ippo opponents IMO. TON of great fights in a row next, and it's cut short.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 09:07   Link #712
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone View Post
^ wingdarkness: In the last episode, they said that the Dempsey Roll is weak to counters, but left it at that. In the manga it is revealed later just HOW a good counter-puncher can completely shut down the Dempsey Roll.

As a hint, just take a look at how God - I mean, Ricardo Martinez - easily beat the Dempsey Roll during the spar.

IMHO, Kamogawa didn't accept the fight because he didn't think Ippo was ready, Dempsey Roll or otherwise. In a fight between rivals, it has to be that both should be AT THEIR BEST condition, and that each of their main weapons is not easily exploitable by the other. Miyata himself seemed to agree that if he fought (and most certainly won) against Ippo now, he wouldn't be very satisfied because he had too much of an advantage.

Remember, much more than the OPBF title, however cheesy it sounds, the two PROMISED to settle their tie in the Pro ring, each bringing their best and having no regrets, win or lose.
I still think the Miyata fear is too much though, because the difference between Miyata and Ippo is punching power….A great fighter can end it with one punch no matter how gifted or skilled his opponent is (We’ve seen this countless times in real boxing)…As great as Miyata is in counter-punches he doesn’t have the sheer punch power to pwn Ippo (Atleast it hasn’t been shown in the animated presentation that his power is close to Ippo’s)…So I don’t get the ridiculous level of fear being shown by the trainers….Brian Hawke fear was warranted because of his punch power and unorthodox style of fighting, but if a guy is basically gonna beat you with points because of his skill level with counters, while that’s enuff to give you a healthy sense of panic, it’s not enuff to go bat$hit like everyone does in this episode over Miyata…All Ippo needs is one-punch (In theory, because obviously they are gonna cheeeze it up for the whole rival angle)…I just don’t see where in the show ippo lost this much ground to Miyata when Miyata still doesn’t have Ippo’s level of punching power…Mentally they’re pwning him, and breaking down all the confidence he has gained IMO…It seemed overkill…
Old 2009-07-10, 16:47   Link #713
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Did anyone get the DVDs or have screenshots? curious to know if they fixed the sloppy animation that occured in the non-TakamuravsHawk episodes. at the very least, the miyata vs the crocodile deserves that treatment
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 01:11   Link #714
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I still think the Miyata fear is too much though, because the difference between Miyata and Ippo is punching power….A great fighter can end it with one punch no matter how gifted or skilled his opponent is (We’ve seen this countless times in real boxing)…As great as Miyata is in counter-punches he doesn’t have the sheer punch power to pwn Ippo (Atleast it hasn’t been shown in the animated presentation that his power is close to Ippo’s)…So I don’t get the ridiculous level of fear being shown by the trainers….Brian Hawke fear was warranted because of his punch power and unorthodox style of fighting, but if a guy is basically gonna beat you with points because of his skill level with counters, while that’s enuff to give you a healthy sense of panic, it’s not enuff to go bat$hit like everyone does in this episode over Miyata…All Ippo needs is one-punch (In theory, because obviously they are gonna cheeeze it up for the whole rival angle)…I just don’t see where in the show ippo lost this much ground to Miyata when Miyata still doesn’t have Ippo’s level of punching power…Mentally they’re pwning him, and breaking down all the confidence he has gained IMO…It seemed overkill…
True, in terms of sheer power, Miyata doesn't stand a chance against Ippo, but that's where his counters come in. Since he can't usually match his opponent's sheer punching power, he uses counters to turn his opponents' power against them. I believe that they have discussed the differences between "outboxing / counter-punching" and "in-fighting" in Season One before.

So assuming that this is the case, imagine if the entire motion AND power of the Dempsey Roll was completely timed and countered by Miyata, this would mean Ippo would be taking the same amount of force (perhaps even more if Miyata adds his body weight) FOR EACH PUNCH in the Dempsey Roll motion. Ricardo Martinez timed his jabs perfectly for each swaying motion of the Dempsey Roll, and look what it did. Now imagine the effect of a FULL-ON counter...
Old 2009-07-11, 03:15   Link #715
sangofe

Hey. Anybody knows when the next season of Ippo will start?
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 15:54   Link #716
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
I was so shocked that this season ended at episode 26, no one told me that it was only 26 episodes! >_<

What's worse is that it ended right before the Ippo vs Shimabukuro match. That match is my favorite, I was so looking forward to it.
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 23:24   Link #717
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

If you saw head bashing in the Takamura match, you'll see more in Ippo's fights if they animate it.
Old 2009-07-15, 00:55   Link #718
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judo View Post
I was so shocked that this season ended at episode 26, no one told me that it was only 26 episodes! >_<

What's worse is that it ended right before the Ippo vs Shimabukuro match. That match is my favorite, I was so looking forward to it.
I think it was announced as early as episode 21 or 22 that this current season will have only 26 episodes; however, based on the blog of the seiyuu of Takamura (not really official, but it's encouraging!), there is a third season in the planning stages.

At least be thankful for this second season, since we got to see the EPIC Takamura vs. Hawk World Title fight, and it did not disappoint those of us who read it in the manga and so wished for it to be animated!
Old 2009-07-15, 07:43   Link #719
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Still wishes for the flashback fights...
Old 2009-07-27, 01:03   Link #720
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
Hey. Anybody knows when the next season of Ippo will start?
I don't think that has been announced yet. Hopefully it starts this fall.
SkyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen