AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-29, 16:34   Link #21
Falkor

after watching a couple of episodes, I was reminded of this:

on a side note, I'm not sure why I'm watching this show...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 15:34   Link #22
sangofe

This has gotten released like crazy lately, is it worth anything?
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 16:08   Link #23
Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
This has gotten released like crazy lately, is it worth anything?
Oh definitely, this show is really entertaining and the characters are pretty interesting! I wasn't expecting to be so impressed.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 23:28   Link #24
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
While it is your typical "shounen sports" anime, what I think sets it apart is its pacing. The plot moves along rather quickly, new characters (and "killer techinques" lol) are introduced/created often, and the games do not drag on (i.e. a typical match takes 2 episodes tops). In other words, while completely "fomulaic shounen", it's entertaining and never boring.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 07:26   Link #25
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone View Post
While it is your typical "shounen sports" anime, what I think sets it apart is its pacing. The plot moves along rather quickly, new characters (and "killer techinques" lol) are introduced/created often, and the games do not drag on (i.e. a typical match takes 2 episodes tops). In other words, while completely "fomulaic shounen", it's entertaining and never boring.
Hm, I got scared off twice by the fact that the characters are young and there was a very annoying character in episode one. Since this is moved to older series it's finished in Japan?
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 14:11   Link #26
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
Latest 65 linked ep on here appears to have no subtitles implemented?
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 16:27   Link #27
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
Hm, I got scared off twice by the fact that the characters are young and there was a very annoying character in episode one. Since this is moved to older series it's finished in Japan?
The series is still airing weekly in Japan and isn't slatted to end until Spring 2011 (assuming it doesn't get extended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chicken! View Post
Latest 65 linked ep on here appears to have no subtitles implemented?
There's nothing wrong with the subtitles. I assume you've already read through the video playback FAQ on their site to try and resolve the issues?
Old 2010-06-13, 06:45   Link #28
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
Yeah, redownloaded it to seemingly no difference...then just went with my usual last resort and used VLC player---no problem!

It is always kinda jarring to have followed every ep on MPC same as all the other series I follow to then suddenly have to use something else.

Quite a good series, and I reckon it will get extended should the sales of the 3rd DS game do well/movie do well. I have little doubt they'd not want to keep the franchise alive and well with the 3DS capabilites either.
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 15:13   Link #29
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chicken! View Post
Yeah, redownloaded it to seemingly no difference...then just went with my usual last resort and used VLC player---no problem!
It should work on MPC, I'm using CCCP with MPC to play it and it runs fine. I wonder if you're having an issue with the fact that 65 has 2 different sub tracks rather than the normal 1. Some other people have commented that using a newer version of MPC fixed their problems as well in case you have a really outdated build.

While I have no doubt the DS game will do well, I'm guessing that they will "end" the show next spring. But then they'll do what a lot of other shows do and replace it with "Inazuma Eleven: ________".

I'm waiting to see how long it takes them to get the DS games over to America/Europe. For some reason Cartoon Network Asia is broadcasting an English dub of the series too...

Last edited by jpwong; 2010-06-13 at 22:36.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 08:59   Link #30
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
...yeah, CN Asia is broadcasting an English dub of this series, and it butchered the characters' names too! Ever heard of Mark Evans (Endou)? Or Axel Blaze (Gouenji)? *shudder*

Oh, and today is a rather "special" day, since the only available fansub of this show has finally caught up with the Japanese RAWS, and will now be released weekly (hopefully) as well.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 14:34   Link #31
ShiroiRyu

106 : Fuck ... I cried.

Spoiler for 106:

I thought i don't have to put a long text for this episode.
Two lines are good.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 03:31   Link #32
ShiroiRyu

For guys who look at Inazuma Eleven GO, one question we thought about : Who is the wife of Endou ?
Tne answer is :

Spoiler for Her !:
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 14:33   Link #33
Kunagisa

Recently got addicted to this, I can't believe there are so little people watching this. I watched all the movies and selected random episodes and holy crap, this is more entertaining than a lot of the late night series right now. Even though I like Tenma, I kinda want Endou to come back though ... 1st Gen was just too awesome.

Wish I have more .gifs of this series, but this video had me laughing for a while when I first got in touch with the series.

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 14:38   Link #34
ChampDream
Alive

yeah this series can get addicted sometimes, specialy the games, is fun to watch and the move are really cool to.
I still need to watch the crossover movie, but so far season 3 of go is really looking interesting
Old 2013-08-15, 09:16   Link #35
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Men, an enjoyable and long-run series like this and not even having its own forum! What an unjustify truth!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 14:01   Link #36
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Men, an enjoyable and long-run series like this and not even having its own forum! What an unjustify truth!
There are probably less than 5 people that watch this on this forum ... and the mods didn't even move this to the currently airing thread (technically they're right to not to do so), so having own forum would be quite bad!

Anyway, aliens appeared again Need more combos shots though

This one cracks me up a lot for some reason, even though his personality's terrible.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 21:24   Link #37
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Never much a fan of Go and its sequel. Don't know why, maybe I'm just too attached to the first generation to accept a new cast.
Old 2013-09-09, 02:27   Link #38
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I'm an Inazuma Eleven fan, loved the original, GO, and Chrono Stone.

However, I am finding it impossible to stay interested in the Galaxy series, I just don't like it as much as GO/Chrono Stone.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 07:16   Link #39
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
I'm an Inazuma Eleven fan
+1, since the year it was first transmitted - I got fond quickly on its quirky story and its abundant ecletic list of characters, many of which interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
loved the original, GO, and Chrono Stone.

However, I am finding it impossible to stay interested in the Galaxy series, I just don't like it as much as GO/Chrono Stone
Well, Galaxy had some good moments so far - and from the new characters, I love Matatagi (although he still lacks some confidence on his teammates - his "dark side" is still not obvious to anyone but two of his teammates), Ibuki (his cockyness, though, is a bit annoying) and the intelligence duo Manabe and Minaho (maths with detectives is a very intriguing mix - but it's so effective on their case) the most

But I think the interesting parts (well, as possible as it could be) might come from this week's episode on (last week's episode was only a taste of what's to come)

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by LAboy 456; 2013-09-09 at 17:14.
LAboy 456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 08:38   Link #40
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Underrated by both his height and talent.