AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-03, 17:58   Link #21
Maccette
VF-1X Original Test Pilot

I see you have Katanagatari on your Plan to watch list, the last episode might get the water works going.
Old 2011-01-03, 21:32   Link #22
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Just watched Starship Operators, that will make you cry a few times.

Other then the sad parts, it's an awesome space anime, very realistic... shame it only lasted 13 episodes.
Old 2011-01-06, 03:29   Link #23
wtf
needs moar YAN :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
NANA is the show you must watch. There's some depressing moments at the start, though once you pass a certain part of the story which is about half way in, it's full of heavy and depressing from there. You'll spend each episode in tears, i'm sure.

Fantastic show, really. Worth your time.
i read this post and i started watching nana about 3 days ago... work doesn't give me much free time but i'm at ep 44 now.

all i have to say is THANK YOU. this is a FANTASTIC series. i'm trying to slow myself down because i don't want it to end

DEFINITELY worth checking out for anyone who hasn't already...
Old 2011-01-06, 14:16   Link #24
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Kobato perhaps? Not sure if the storyline is kick-ass, but fits the emotions it brings.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Old 2011-01-08, 16:31   Link #25
ClannadDango
A novice to anime

CLANNAD is the only show in which my friends in the military would admit made them cry. It's the only work of fiction that ever made me cry.
Old 2011-01-08, 19:50   Link #26
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Was I the only one that was bored to tears from Clannad s2?
Old 2011-01-08, 20:30   Link #27
kitten320

^Nope, didn't like Clannad 2 as much as first season since pairing was not of my interest. But did get me interested when drama finally started to strike.
Old 2011-01-08, 20:36   Link #28
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

I third Full Moon wo Sagashite
Kanon 2006, another one by Key, is pretty good too.
Fate/Stay Night is good, but...the anime cannot be a standalone since it's missing so much backstory, gotta read up on it afterwards.
Old 2011-01-08, 20:58   Link #29
Patch&Quilt

NANA, Bokura Ga Ita and Clannad are all great choices that have been mentioned.

If you're open to watching something a bit older, Junkers Come Here would be a perfect choice. Released in 94 and it's a movie not a series, but Junkers is excellent and will definitely pull at those heartstrings.
Old 2011-01-09, 01:29   Link #30
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Just finished watching Kanon, it was as good as Clannad and gave me some tear moments, it's nice it had a good ending.
Old 2011-01-09, 01:49   Link #31
wtf
needs moar YAN :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Was I the only one that was bored to tears from Clannad s2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^Nope, didn't like Clannad 2 as much as first season since pairing was not of my interest. But did get me interested when drama finally started to strike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
Just finished watching Kanon, it was as good as Clannad and gave me some tear moments, it's nice it had a good ending.
kannon 06 is great for sure, but i can't agree that it was better than clannad

and you guys who didn't enjoy clannad s2... do you guys have no soul?
Old 2011-07-04, 02:00   Link #32
Maillot

Ano Hana - sad, a lot of people cried on the last episode. I didn't because I watched it weekly, so I wasn't that moved
Clannad - never cried so much over a piece of fiction
Toradora - moving, but not enough to make you cry
Air - moving too, but not as much as clannad.
Angel Beats! - Felt like crying, but held my tears.
Old 2011-07-11, 01:47   Link #33
Haikea

So far, I have watched only a few anime series, but as many have already said, Clannad and especially its second season After Story is a masterpiece, if you want to cry. This opinion is coming from a guy who thought only weak people cry especially for cartoons. I have not cried since I was a kid. Couple times I got wet eyes since then, but this anime just touched my mind the way that there was nothing I could do. I just cried and it was very confusing experience.

Maybe it is just my life which gave me this reaction. Never really experienced so much emotion and warm personalities mixed with almost ideal looks. It really fcked my brains, abusing my deepest hopes which I havent' been aware of. Clannad made me also depressed because it showed something truly beautiful. It made me set a new standard for good life (despite of all the sorrow it has). This just means that there is less joy in my life right now.

But forget my pointless whining. I'm just a freak who seems to enjoy more from imagination than real world.
Old 2011-07-16, 19:10   Link #34
amasposu

Definitely AnoHana.
Old 2011-07-16, 20:12   Link #35
animeffs13240
V for Victory

honestly the ending of angel beats made me cry because of all the characters are very likable, and even though its an old OVA samurai x reflections had me curled up in a ball with a lot of tears
Old 2011-07-16, 20:31   Link #36
Kerspunkle

How about Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora? It's about a romance between two hospitalized teens. I couldn't see your list, so if you've seen it I'm sorry for suggesting it. My eyes watered (anime doesn't usually make me cry), but a lot of people do cry while watching it.
Old 2011-07-17, 00:43   Link #37
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haikea View Post
So far, I have watched only a few anime series, but as many have already said, Clannad and especially its second season After Story is a masterpiece, if you want to cry. This opinion is coming from a guy who thought only weak people cry especially for cartoons. I have not cried since I was a kid. Couple times I got wet eyes since then, but this anime just touched my mind the way that there was nothing I could do. I just cried and it was very confusing experience.

Maybe it is just my life which gave me this reaction. Never really experienced so much emotion and warm personalities mixed with almost ideal looks. It really fcked my brains, abusing my deepest hopes which I havent' been aware of. Clannad made me also depressed because it showed something truly beautiful. It made me set a new standard for good life (despite of all the sorrow it has). This just means that there is less joy in my life right now.

But forget my pointless whining. I'm just a freak who seems to enjoy more from imagination than real world.
great post, and completely agree

i like to believe im a pretty tough person, but many manly tears were shed for this epic series. the romance and slice of life elements were in another league. still my #1 of all time
Old 2011-07-17, 02:00   Link #38
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Clannad
Chobits
Old 2011-07-17, 03:19   Link #39
Behemoth
I N S A N I T Y

Ao No Exorcist was/is quite a tear jerker for me. I guess I'm a softie, seeing as I can shed tears watching One Piece and Naruto.

Your anime list didn't seem to work, so I couldn't figure if you've begun the storyline yet.
Old 2011-07-18, 18:06   Link #40
WoahJake

Bobobo bo bo bo bobobo! i think that show was the saddest!
Closed Thread

Tags
anime, cry, kick-ass storyline, romance, sad