AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-04-03, 22:07   Link #41
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Everything just seems to be going really well for them.
Most of the time, I think the company strongest at finding what the market's interested in. This guy keep joking with me and saying that BONES should just go back to being studio 2 cause most of their projects end up selling poorly even though the quality is consistent and good (aka they just don't care about money or just have 0 marketing sense).

Right now, (this is just from 2ch, so part speculations) current projects

01: Gundam UC
02: Boned
03: ???
04: Akito
05: Gintama
06: T+B theatrical
07: Fantasista Doll*
08: **
09: Battle Spirits
10: Phi Brain
11: VVV
DID: Yamato 2199 CG

*People are calling Amber Film a subsidiary of Bandai+Sunrise in the FD thread, and the Sunrise thread just puts this as Studio 7's current project.
**supposedly has a project scheduled for the summer from "old Studio 8 staff"; comments are now gone though (or hidden? I don't use twitter so I don't know if there's a hiding function).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 01:08   Link #42
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Since 2009 Gundam Unicorn has as far as I know become the best selling OVA series of all time to wide critical acclaim.
Figures do suggest that, also seems to be the second best selling series behind Evangelion, unless someone else can point out otherwise.

Quote:
They've shown that shows about middle aged males are still viable TV series with the rare successful Western Fusion vibe series Tiger and Bunny.
As long as said shows appeal to fujoshis. Though I don't think Space Brothers has a fujoshi following.

Quote:
-They continue to regularly push original content in an age where many series are based on light novels
Sunrise have been tapping that light novel well quite a bit recently though.... lets look @ the Sunrise hits of the last 18 months.

Gundam Unicorn - Light Novel (don't know if it's classified as such but whatever)
Code Geass Akito - Spinoff of their hit original property
Tiger & Bunny - Original
Horizon - Light Novel
Love Live - Original
Gintama - Manga
S-CRY-ED Alteration - Movie version of their original series from a decade back.
Accel World - Light Novel

Half their hits are based on LNs and manga.

Quote:
-The rise of Studio 8 as a force in the whole light novel/moe/bishoujo market. Everything these guys do seems popular.
Yep, they've come a long way from producing bombas like Idolmaster: XENOGLOSSIA and Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo.

Honestly wonder how long until they pull a Bones/Bridge and leave Sunrise.....

Quote:
-In an era where DVDs are no longer really viable they still find ways to push them out the door
Gintama? Fujoshis buy dvds (except when not given the option like with T&B)

Quote:
-Even stuff like Daily Lives of High School Boys and Binbogami Ga! which dont make a huge splash seem to have a strong cult following on forums
Really means nothing.

Quote:
Everything just seems to be going really well for them.
Well apart from Gundam AGE, Binbou-gami ga!, Natsuiro Kiseki, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and the Sacred Seven movie flopping, yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

*People are calling Amber Film a subsidiary of Bandai+Sunrise in the FD thread, and the Sunrise thread just puts this as Studio 7's current project.
Oh good, I though Sunrise had pissed off Taniguchi once too many times lol, so good to see he's still around if that is "Studio 7". Still hope he gets the chance to make a Gundam series one day, can't believe they get hacks like Hino in instead of giving him the chance, though who knows maybe he knocked it back.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 13:31   Link #43
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

How do you guys know which studio does what? I thought Sunrise doesn't outright say it or do they?
Old 2013-04-04, 13:57   Link #44
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Most of the time, I think the company strongest at finding what the market's interested in. This guy keep joking with me and saying that BONES should just go back to being studio 2 cause most of their projects end up selling poorly even though the quality is consistent and good (aka they just don't care about money or just have 0 marketing sense).

**supposedly has a project scheduled for the summer from "old Studio 8 staff"; comments are now gone though (or hidden? I don't use twitter so I don't know if there's a hiding function).
I actually gathered on the website that Fantasista Doll will be animated by Hoods Entertainment and Amber Film Works will just serve as producer.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 19:40   Link #45
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I actually gathered on the website that Fantasista Doll will be animated by Hoods Entertainment and Amber Film Works will just serve as producer.
This does not conflict with what was posted. Producers finance the project, so AFW hired Hoods (kinda like Aniplex with A-1 and Bandai with Sunrise). There is also the possibility that the production is behind schedule so parts get outsourced to other studios. I believe this the case with Dakara H Dekinai or whatever the title was; it was supposed to be Feel's production but Studio Wanpack did like 50%+ of the work or something along those lines. If the theory that AFW is a Bandai subsidiary, Sunrise being involved with animation assistance is a possibility as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
How do you guys know which studio does what? I thought Sunrise doesn't outright say it or do they?
Sometimes they do in official interviews. Other times we find out through twitter, staff association, and other educated guesses.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2013-04-05 at 00:48.
Old 2013-04-11, 08:27   Link #46
Kraker2k

Quote:

I'd probably add these too:
03: Gundam AGE Spin-off
08: Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Season 3 (Planning stage most likely)
09: Love Live
10: Aikatsu

Those tweets seem to have been deleted, probably gave too much away before an official announcement was made haha.
Old 2013-05-28, 11:06   Link #47
HauntingShock

(Accel World Ep.6)

Thoughts?
HauntingShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 11:16   Link #48
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

JC Staff use to do things like that with their shows.

KyoAni did that in Lucky Star for several shows.
Old 2013-05-29, 08:53   Link #49
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
JC Staff use to do things like that with their shows.

KyoAni did that in Lucky Star for several shows.
I think he meant the possibility of Sunrise adapting Mahouka since they purposely put those posters.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 00:07   Link #50
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think Sunrise should revive the hot blooded mecha shows that appeals to kids & fanboy adults
FINAL FUSION!!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 19:45   Link #51
Kunagisa

http://gundam-bf.net/
http://i.imgur.com/CWZjJuQ.png

Domain Name: GUNDAM-BF.NET
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
Name Server: NS1.SUNRISE-ANIME.JP
Name Server: NS2.SUNRISE-ANIME.JP
Updated Date: 27-may-2013
Creation Date: 23-may-2013
Expiration Date: 23-may-2014

>>> Last update of whois database: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 00:37:43 UTC <<<

From the 3rd studio and scheduled for this Fall (what the hell, everything's this fall)? And looks like it will be hand-drawn mecha? Gunpla-builders?

PS: I don't really think VVV really has a "set studio" in the traditional sense, Iketani from the 3rd Studio mentioned Nerima in the interview cause of the CG stuff, but he and Kawaguchi from the 4th studio are both producers for this series ... so I think this is kind of a mix effort from these two groups + animators from all over. 2ch's thread said this is studio 11, but the sakuga wiki just list this as 3rd group's project.
PPS: I have pretty high tolerance for spoilers, but VVV's amount of leaks passed my bottom line as well. Orz.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2013-06-12 at 20:03.
Old 2013-06-16, 09:12   Link #52
Westlo
Lets be reality

So Love Live S2 got confirmed for Spring 2014 for Studio 8, any more info/rumors or anything they may do before than?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 02:02   Link #53
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
Going to raise this thread from the unnecessary grave.

Have we forgot that this studio is behind the coveted Code Geass?

Pretty good one that's known.
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 02:10   Link #54
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Suisei no Gargantia is Production IG, not Sunrise.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 02:17   Link #55
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Suisei no Gargantia is Production IG, not Sunrise.
My bad did not realize it was a mixed image, yeah Suisei no Gargantia is good (I personally like anything Gen Urobuchi is involved in), I meant to post Valvrave the Liberator image lol.
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 13:25   Link #56
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

any idea which studio do Tomino's G-Reko ?

appearently is one of the gundam team
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 11:58   Link #57
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Is it just me or Sunrise's most recent successful franchises as of now are freakin' idol shows like Love Live and Aikatsu?

It still baffles me they haven't done a mecha musume type of series especially if it's along the lines of Gundam mecha musume.
Old 2013-12-27, 15:30   Link #58
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Is it just me or Sunrise's most recent successful franchises as of now are freakin' idol shows like Love Live and Aikatsu?

It still baffles me they haven't done a mecha musume type of series especially if it's along the lines of Gundam mecha musume.
You can thank Bamco for that, I think it would done more good than hurt themselves with more poor/average CG series like Valvrave and soon Buddy Complex.

I still wait for another Mai-series, have Sunrise focus on making tons of money and instead S8 for a clean slate have another Studio who done remarkable job with Votoms Case Irvine to work with the continuation on the Mai-project.

Next year is the 10th Anniversary of the Mai-HiME, it would be sad sight not have anything planned or focus something instead of Gundam, LoveLive and Akiatsu.
Old 2013-12-27, 17:57   Link #59
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post

If bd/dvd sales of TV anime are the measure of success:

27,541 Love Live!

20,881 Horizon II

27,830 Tiger & Bunny
21,814 Horizon
12,574 Gintama'

So no, it's not just idols, only the last one sold more than 10k.
Old 2013-12-27, 20:52   Link #60
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
If bd/dvd sales of TV anime are the measure of success:

27,541 Love Live!

20,881 Horizon II

27,830 Tiger & Bunny
21,814 Horizon
12,574 Gintama'

So no, it's not just idols, only the last one sold more than 10k.
what was the estimation for Mai-HiME/Otome franchise around 20k for sales

Last edited by Highman; 2013-12-27 at 21:03.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote