AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-29, 19:38   Link #1021
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radik View Post
Notice that Sheryl can clearly see Ranka's stage in the second screenshot. I'm not sure how that's supposed to make sense, but judging from the second screenshot Alto was definitely flying in between the two ships, and Seifall did in fact mark the correct location on the first screenshot. Ranka also turns her head in the exact same way Sheryl does, implying that they both see him. Ranka didn't salute, but she has an excuse since she was singing at the time and Sheryl wasn't.
There's one problem with this. We can't see if Ranka sees him or not. Just because you see her on the view monitor facing Sheryl, doesn't mean she's actually facing Sheryl. It just means the View monitor is on Sheryl's left side, and the camera is focused on Ranka dead on. The very next shot after Alto salutes Frontier's bridge, we flash over to Ranka. Ranka is facing her left side, not her right. We also see Sheryl on the view monitor, which is to her right. It was a good timing issue with Ranka's bobbing of her head and her hand motion as Sheryl saluted Alto, but if Ranka wanted to, she could have easily Saluted Alto as well. You're basing things on the surface without actually digging a little bit underneath. Besides, why would he salute Ranka after he just dropped her off on the Quarter? That makes no sense at all.
Old 2008-09-29, 19:41   Link #1022
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Guys, is it that difficult to figure why Ranka should not be considered as a potential love interest? I mean, do any of you really want to have Berera and Ozma as in-laws? Cmon, think boys, think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
munich ain't that bad. i don't like hamburg on the other way
Oh Maggy!!

Next time a Bavarian tells you that their province represents Germany, kindly slap them silly and inform them that I told you to do it

On the other hand, I am just proud of being a donut.

- Tak (No, I did not expect you to get that one...)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-29, 19:45   Link #1023
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Notice that Sheryl can clearly see Ranka's stage in the second screenshot. I'm not sure how that's supposed to make sense, but judging from the second screenshot Alto was definitely flying in between the two ships, and Seifall did in fact mark the correct location on the first screenshot. Ranka also turns her head in the exact same way Sheryl does, implying that they both see him. Ranka didn't salute, but she has an excuse since she was singing at the time and Sheryl wasn't.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-29, 19:53   Link #1024
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Besides, why would he salute Ranka after he just dropped her off on the Quarter? That makes no sense at all.
Just a thought, why would Alto not take a second look at Ranka before he is heading off? He just saved someone important to him, and he would just fly right in front of Sheryl, completely ignore to someone he just saves and heads off? (you know, this is the big battle and he can't be sure he will come out alive..)

I think the director has tried his best to make Alto seem like flying right between both ships. (Next time he has to use ruler to make sure that distance to Sheryl and Ranka are exactly the same XD)

And I agree mostly what Seifall said on "salute" and "yo" gesture part. But that "yo" gesture is not something for Alto and Ranka only...It was too subtle lol if that's true. The way I see it, Alto makes two gestures ("salute" and "yo") , and both girls just choose one to respond to it. (Besides, Ranka does give a nod too when sheryl salutes in the screen, I don't know if that's because of music or Alto tho)
Old 2008-09-29, 19:54   Link #1025
Radik

Forgottendiary, I know that's where the VF is supposed to be, but how does that explain that Sheryl can actually see Ranka standing on her stage even without the view monitor?
Old 2008-09-29, 20:08   Link #1026
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Forgottendiary, I know that's where the VF is supposed to be, but how does that explain that Sheryl can actually see Ranka standing on her stage even without the view monitor?
Firstly, you know the VF is supposed to be there and yet you say Seifall correctly marked it? What prompted me to post the cap was your statement that Seifall marked it correctly not because I thought that explained why Sheryl was seeing or not seeing what she's supposed to see or not supposed to see.

But let me try to answer that anyway just for the sake of it. As to why Sheryl can see Ranka on her stage sans the monitors, I don't think she can clearly per se unless she has super human vision. Nor do I think that there was an implication, at least for me, to believe or think that Sheryl can directly/clearly see Ranka without the monitors or vice versa. At the least, they probably had a rough idea where each other were or could make out teeny-weeny figures. See, there's a similar shot of Ranka with the Battle Frontier's head visible in the background.

Spoiler:

Taking after you, I know that's where the VF is supposed to be, but how does that explain that Ranka can actually see Sheryl standing on her stage even without the view monitor?

Last edited by forgottendiary; 2008-09-29 at 20:24.
Old 2008-09-29, 20:24   Link #1027
Radik

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Now, as to why Sheryl can see Ranka on her stage sans the monitors, I don't think she can per se unless she has super human vision.
That's the whole point really, if you look closely you'll notice there's someone standing on the orange stage, which I can only assume has to be Ranka. And even if you couldn't see her, the stage still shouldn't be nowhere near that close to Battle Frontier. If you only looked at the screenshot showing Sheryl looking at Alto, then it would make perfect sense, judging from the perspective, for the VF to be flying in between the two ships. It's the outer view that doesn't make sense, since it's showing both ships to be farther away from each other than they should be.
Old 2008-09-29, 20:26   Link #1028
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That's the whole point really, if you look closely you'll notice there's someone standing on the orange stage, which I can only assume has to be Ranka. And even if you couldn't see her, the stage still shouldn't be nowhere near that close to Battle Frontier. If you only looked at the screenshot showing Sheryl looking at Alto, then it would make perfect sense, judging from the perspective, for the VF to be flying in between the two ships. It's the outer view that doesn't make sense, since it's showing both ships to be farther away from each other than they should be.
Spoiler:

Either Battle F and Quarter moved closer to each other at that particular scene (Sheryl looking at Ranka) or something else which can be attributed to the production and animation team.
Old 2008-09-29, 20:34   Link #1029
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Like I said it earlier, I thought the love triangle was UNRESOLVED but some people think Sheryl won and the final episode payed tribute to Misa and Hikaru throught Alto and Sheryl, so it's a sign that Sheryl won ....
The salute, the earring, Ranka's " I will not lose to you nor in love or songs" are a hint for you ?! OK....
Just before exposing some arguments, I know people will say this should go to the romance thread but I am responding to some post in this thread which since the 25 ended, claim that the LT is(for some tacitly)resolved and the movie will proove it ..
I will not just talk about romance... actually, some points aren't really focused on the romance plot ..

Kawamori is indeed a GENIUS

I don't really know if the movie can still focus on Alto, Ranka and Sheryl, since a lot of questions are still unresolved at the end of the serie with Bilrer, Sheryl's parents, Galaxy..
But I hope the movie is a continuation of the final episode, and that Alto cling on his sky but with Ai kun and Ranka

OD, ani_d ,let's root for Sheryl x Brera now
so basically the salute thing is all bacause Sheryl and Ranka screens are placed in opposite spots.
Sheryl's screen is facing space while Ranka's screen is facing toward the ship. Wow you are pretty observant Saifall. You could have saved a lot of if you had said that. I also missed the "yo" homage to Ranka. He only uses that for Ranka! Kawamori is a damn genius! the animators could have made it a little more obvious though. It takes a pretty observant person. I wonder why sheryl's fan didn't catch the "yo" homage to ranka, hmmmm!
Old 2008-09-29, 20:47   Link #1030
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Spoiler for FACTS!!!1! Just for you, Seifall:

Here:
Spoiler for ..:

Now here :
Spoiler for Ranka and Sheryl's duet through the screen:

They're looking at the same time, at the same direction...

Now let's look here :

Spoiler for FACTS!!!1! Just for you, Seifall:

Quote:
Spoiler:

My... the trail is purple right ?!
Here stops this famous purple trail :
Spoiler for The purple trail....:

How can we see that ?:
Spoiler for ...:

How is it that Alto's VF is by far like musuoka or forgottendiary said , closer to Battle Frontier but we still can see what is happenning on the other side ?!
So Alto's VF is closer and really really close to battle frontier so much ! that Macross 's Quarter head where is Ranka is extendable ???? :
Spoiler for Kawamori made a new type of ship ???? I didn't know...:

People are saying, " you just passed your dating Ranka" ?!
" I just launched from Quarter to drop off a delivery and now I'm on my way to Battle Frontier's top most part where Sheryl is at " ?!

If like you said ,we must follow the trail, it's clearly impossible to see Macross Quarter's head ... and it goes without saying, Ranka's stage will be nowhere to be found

Quote:
Spoiler:

Alto's VF is in this area ?!

And you say this :
Quote:
Spoiler:

Either Battle F and Quarter moved closer to each other at that particular or something else which can be attributed to the production and animation team.

??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Here is the position of Battle Frontier and Macross Quarter :
The ships aren't side by side :
Spoiler for Macross Quarter / B Frontier position:

Macross Quarter is on Battle Frontier, so lightly ahead, Alto must be ahead too , for Ranka and Sheryl can see him.

I already said it, Alto is clearly where I pointed it since they couldn't put on the same background SMS Q, B Frontier and Alto's VF, knowing SMS Q is ahead.

This is why we got to see that:

Here is the link :
Spoiler for EPICCC HoMaGe....:

And, if we follow your purple trail, it's clearly that SMS Q wouldn't even be in the background.
Why is is that difficult to admit it
Alto saluted Ranka and Sheryl, if not they wouldn't make this link :

This :
Spoiler for ...:

Spoiler for EPICCC HoMaGe....:

This is obvious here...
People are making a fuss over a cross but have nothing to say when it comes to those two pictures ?!
Alto's position is clearly ahead, if not, it will be impossible to put Ranka and Sheryl's ship on the same background since one ship is way ahead of the other.
Old 2008-09-29, 20:52   Link #1031
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
so basically the salute thing is all bacause Sheryl and Ranka screens are placed in opposite spots.
Sheryl's screen is facing space while Ranka's screen is facing toward the ship. Wow you are pretty observant Saifall. You could have saved a lot of if you had said that. I also missed the "yo" homage to Ranka. He only uses that for Ranka! Kawamori is a damn genius! the animators could have made it a little more obvious though. It takes a pretty observant person. I wonder why sheryl's fan didn't catch the "yo" homage to ranka, hmmmm!
Nahhhwww see...

Spoiler:

@Seifall

I'm flattered to now have received your trademark wall of text. I really am.

BTW, the Alto - VF "pisu" sign doesn't convince me. Their orientations do not match each other, so. /sarcasm
Old 2008-09-29, 20:58   Link #1032
Seifall

Quote:
Nahhhwww see...

Spoiler:

@Seifall

I'm flattered to now have received your trademark wall of text. I really am.

BTW, the Alto - VF "pisu" sign doesn't convince me. Their orientations do not match each other, so. /sarcasm
@ golthin, yes, the screens changed... Kawamori performed a master stroke

@forgottendiary I don't know if it's supposed to be an irony but, I said it in my first post
Sorry for being suspicious, but the trail thing just made my PC to restart .. You're welcome

Last edited by Seifall; 2008-09-29 at 21:11.
Old 2008-09-29, 20:59   Link #1033
golthin

Quote:

This is obvious here...
People are making a fuss over a cross but have nothing to say when it comes to those two pictures ?!
Alto's position is clearly ahead, if not, it will be impossible to put Ranka and Sheryl's ship on the same background since one ship is way ahead of the other.
what we got here is a snafu in animation. not the first time it happens! you know, I don't hear a lot of comments about the "yo".
Old 2008-09-29, 21:03   Link #1034
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
what we got here is a snafu in animation. not the first time it happens! you know, I don't hear a lot of comments about the "yo".
I don't either
Old 2008-09-29, 21:08   Link #1035
justavisitor

Since ppl are massively posting pic here, I just wanna ask one off-topic question

Where is the gunpod held in robot form for Vf 25 and Vf 27 when it is not in use (means when the hand is not holding the gunpod?)

It bugs me that the gunpod just seems to pop up to the hand from nowhere
Old 2008-09-29, 21:08   Link #1036
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@forgottendiary I don't know if it's supposed to be an irony but, I said it in my first post
Which I most likely did not read, so my bad for the clone.

I think when "homage" was first used into context, it was because people were referring to homage to HikaruxMisa (or if you want to extrapolate the past-past) and NOT the recent past (i.e. ranka). Now if your definition of homage does not share such context then that pretty much explains why you're not getting the attention you want for the "yo", yo.
Old 2008-09-29, 21:11   Link #1037
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Dear God... Could people just STFU and go with their own hints rather than attacking a hint clearer than cloudless sky up there?

I'll say one thing... Ranka could not see the vf-25 salute at all, considering her own head TURN to the front side just before the screen close up (seen on the monitor). I am sure someone can provide the split second screenshot if they can do the screen capture.

What is the point of negating the opposite side hint/homage? I would rather try to strengthen my camp hints if I were a Ranka shipper.

EDIT: Oh Seifall has posted it in the previous page.

Old 2008-09-29, 21:11   Link #1038
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Since ppl are massively posting pic here, I just wanna ask one off-topic question

Where is the gunpod held in robot form for Vf 25 and Vf 27 when it is not in use (means when the hand is not holding the gunpod?)

It bugs me that the gunpod just seems to pop up to the hand from nowhere
The gunpod traditionally had been held (concealed or not) under the nose of the fighter.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-29, 21:21   Link #1039
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The gunpod traditionally had been held (concealed or not) under the nose of the fighter.

- Tak
That's fighter form tho...but when VF 25 transforms to robot, i think that location "under the nose" has collided with the backpack

For example, the VF-1 attaches the gunpod to the arm in robot mode when not in use, but I can't find the gunpod anywhere for VF 25 and VF 27 in robot mode when not in use
Old 2008-09-29, 21:23   Link #1040
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
That's fighter form tho...but when VF 25 transforms to robot, i think that location "under the nose" has collided with the backpack

For example, the VF-1 attaches the gunpod to the arm in robot mode when not in use, but I can't find the gunpod anywhere for VF 25 and VF 27 in robot mode when not in use
I can only guess that the gunpod is stored in a concealed holster when not in use.

Although I do remember seeing it simply being flipped behind the shoulder.

- Tak

Closed Thread