AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 08:24   Link #4181
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
So I cracked out my volumes of Endless Waltz to do a little comparing...

It's essentially the same thing that I translated. Heero still has the music box (I'll have to page back to see where it came from). Earlier on, right before the shelter sinks underground, Mariemaia asks Relena how she slept. She has a music box with her that plays "Endless Waltz".

Interesting point... when she asks Relena why a place such as that exists in a peaceful world, it's noted prior that the Brussels Presidential residence was a former Romefeller location.

And it seems that the music box was... Mariemaia's and nothing more. *shrug*
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 08:50   Link #4182
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Earlier on, right before the shelter sinks underground, Mariemaia asks Relena how she slept. She has a music box with her that plays "Endless Waltz".
Wait, Mariemaia has a music box with her, or Relena has a music box which helps her sleep?
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 12:31   Link #4183
FalsePrime

Well it's actually kind've a relief that it existed before Frozen Teardrop and wasn't just a random edition.

It's something small, but it's the small things that could turn the LN around. Not going to happen sure, but I still want to hope.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 13:45   Link #4184
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Here's some more. Couple parts I wasn't sure how to phrase. Whoopsie.

Spoiler:

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2012-05-02, 14:03   Link #4185
susyia

oohhh so they spent some time togheter so sweet!! heero has a bad habit of go away
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 14:26   Link #4186
FalsePrime

Spoiler for Relena/Heero:

Nothing really that crazy honestly, Heero disappearing like a thief in the night was something that was right out of a fan fic though.

Spoiler for Happy:

Lastly however, while non of it's bad it just feels like total filler and shows how badly they really just need to move their asses and get over this glacial like pace they have for the story.
Old 2012-05-02, 14:45   Link #4187
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Spoiler:

Old 2012-05-02, 14:57   Link #4188
Javiersansano

Quote:
Spoiler:
Probably, the "confidential information 203 number 51" is the info regarding Preventers... if i'm not mistaken, they are a "fire fighters" organization that's absolutely confidential
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 15:18   Link #4189
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Oh it's explained in the next part what it is... I just didn't know how to translate that particular "title".

Old 2012-05-02, 16:31   Link #4190
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post

Spoiler for Happy:
Yeah. And instead of putting a little more time and attention to their relationship, no, our dear author prefers to spend it all on the Ein/Angelina crap. Thanks.
Old 2012-05-02, 16:47   Link #4191
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Wow, so far this is the most sense a FT chapter has made. I'm... intrigued. Let's hope he keeps it this way (I'm still kinda waiting for the "wtf" moment ).

And did I get this right: the music box giveaway to everyone and his grandma happens originally in the EW novel?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:47   Link #4192
FalsePrime

Well to be fair, if it's something that will continue and they plan on adding further then I can kinda understand.

Really it just goes back to the whole pacing thing and the fact that the writer thus far has done a horrible, horrible job balancing, well anything really.
Old 2012-05-02, 17:19   Link #4193
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Really it just goes back to the whole pacing thing and the fact that the writer thus far has done a horrible, horrible job balancing, well anything really.
True, true. Given it's been almost two years now that FT is being published it's sort of amusing but mostly frustrating that I can't judge how far we're in the story. Are we still at the exposition? Halfway through? Almost at the end? For everything that has happened during MC we've gotten at least ten history lessons. Seeing as this was touted to be a story in the future, I'm forced to believe that there's still more MC stuff to come. You know, to tip the balance in favor of "sequel", not "prequel." But in the story itself they're already on their way to off Relena... :S

But who knows, maybe Sumizawa plans to make FT as long as GoL? We'd definitely have a few more years to go then.

Another thing are the concealed MS. That's bull right there. I honestly can't see what's taking them so long to reveal them. Seriously.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 17:25   Link #4194
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
True, true. Given it's been almost two years now that FT is being published it's sort of amusing but mostly frustrating that I can't judge how far we're in the story. Are we still at the exposition? Halfway through? Almost at the end? For everything that has happened during MC we've gotten at least ten history lessons. Seeing as this was touted to be a story in the future, I'm forced to believe that there's still more MC stuff to come. You know, to tip the balance in favor of "sequel", not "prequel." But in the story itself they're already on their way to off Relena... :S

But who knows, maybe Sumizawa plans to make FT as long as GoL? We'd definitely have a few more years to go then.

Another thing are the concealed MS. That's bull right there. I honestly can't see what's taking them so long to reveal them. Seriously.
Maybe they are still designning them
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 17:29   Link #4195
Sommer
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Maybe they are still designning them
Oh please... How long it take to add more wings and guns at the old models?
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:22   Link #4196
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
Oh please... How long it take to add more wings and guns at the old models?
Given the cloak it's actually more like taking the Wings off, plus remember Tallgeese Heaven has Wing Zero esk wings. That and those designs are finished and it would be foolish to believe otherwise. I iimagine that Snow White will have either Wing's of Light now or some retarded Kefka multiple wing nonsense.

Katoki is a pro and does tons of designs and there is zero need to take this long on something that is largely unimportant.

The true issue with designs is how long the writer is taking to show them. As it is it's going to do nothing but hurt his story when you give what fans you do have following your story blue balls for over two years only to have your big reveal be largely 13 years old.

As it is, there is no fucking excuse to hide Snow White this long, put Wing Gundam and Wing Gundam Zero on the cover of your first two volumes only to Snow White be Wing/Zero with a Funnel/Dragoon System.

Oh and yeah, I really do believe that at this point Seven Dwarves will at some point turn out to be some form of Bit/Funnel/Dragoon. There is no way that they used the Princess theme and choose the one that has fully sentient helpers only to have those beings turn out to be simple element guns, beyond that I really doubt they are going to allow Warlock summon 100 Locks/Scythes just to hand the Hero of the whole freaking time line a couple of water pistols and send him on his way.
Old 2012-05-02, 18:29   Link #4197
Eeni

Quote:
The timeframe was set for an unprecedented three days as her birthday party. It would start the day before her birthday, April 7th, and continue until the day after, April 9th. Coincidentally, April 7th marked the assassination of the legendary peace leader Heero Yuy (AC-175) and the day the five Gundam pilots descended to Earth in Operation Meteor (AC-195).
[/spoiler]
So Relena's birthday is April 8th. Alright. No more confusion there!

And, wow! These people want the equivalent of 3 years worth of government budgeting! They should have gone for more!

Quote:
Nothing really that crazy honestly, Heero disappearing like a thief in the night was something that was right out of a fan fic though.
Really? Heero seemed to have a tendency to just get up and go whenever he felt like it. Also, at lease from Relen'a's point of view, he's there one moment and gone the next! So I can't find this too far-stretched.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:33   Link #4198
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
So Relena's birthday is April 8th. Alright. No more confusion there!

And, wow! These people want the equivalent of 3 years worth of government budgeting! They should have gone for more!

Really? Heero seemed to have a tendency to just get up and go whenever he felt like it. Also, at lease from Relen'a's point of view, he's there one moment and gone the next! So I can't find this too far-stretched.
It's because of context.

Everytime we see this happen we see the Heero who still tries to keep to himself, either at the time he doesn't really know how to handle it or because he is trying to finish a war.

To have him do this after "Months of happieness" is more then a little odd and a reversal of character instead of growth. This is one of the reasons it's odd to not go into more detail on this subject. Is it happiness for Relena? Is it actually both of them are happy as the passage implies? Does Heero open up to her at all?

If we are to just take him up and bouncing one day and saying jack shit it really begs to question just how realistic is that Heero has had any character growth in that time and just how happy those two actually are.

Had Heero jetted right after he woke up and healed, or when Relena was in the shower or some shit then it wouldn't be a problem. It smacks of weird though they decided to pull Kira/Lacus with Heero and Relena only to have Heero pull Midseason Gundam Wing Heero type action.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2012-05-02 at 18:54.
Old 2012-05-02, 19:14   Link #4199
Ferhb

Quote:

To have him do this after "Months of happieness" is more then a little odd and a reversal of character instead of growth. This is one of the reasons it's odd to not go into more detail on this subject. Is it happiness for Relena? Is it actually both of them are happy as the passage implies? Does Heero open up to her at all?
I think (I hope) it's gonna get deeper only at the end, because their relationship and his feelings towards her have to do with how he's dealing with the fact that he has to kill her and why he chose to do it in the first place. And if he really meant it to do it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I think the objective of FT is to follow GoL, because so far they've been side by side (take the last manga chapter as an example). But I guess that goes on the public opinion, how much they're liking it or not to keep it going. Maybe that's why they're stalling so much... However, if FT is walking towards its end, it'll be a complete and total failure by Sumisawa. I wouldn't even consider it canon, in my head. And I think he wants to make things right. Let's hope so!
Old 2012-05-02, 19:19   Link #4200
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
I think (I hope) it's gonna get deeper only at the end, because their relationship and his feelings towards her have to do with how he's dealing with the fact that he has to kill her and why he chose to do it in the first place. And if he really meant it to do it before.

I think the objective of FT is to follow GoL, because so far they've been side by side (take the last manga chapter as an example). But I guess that goes on the public opinion, how much they're liking it or not to keep it going. Maybe that's why they're stalling so much... However, if FT is walking towards its end, it'll be a complete and total failure by Sumisawa. I wouldn't even consider it canon, in my head. And I think he wants to make things right. Let's hope so!
Well we haven't heard anything out of Bandai or the Gundam mags that would imply that they are pushing it to end quicker then normal.

As it is, so long as they aren't going to end AGE early then there is likely little to worry about Frozen Teardrop or Glory being ended early. Granted neither seem to be doing raving well among fans either so anyone holding out hope for something to be animated when it comes to either is holding out hope for something that will likely never happen.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing