AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 12:34   Link #41
Midonin
Last Engage

It always comes back to the apartments for these four. This is probably the best time Matsukichi's had in the series, and Kumi's ideas for flower viewing are very... unique. This is a good series to take one's mind off things.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 12:36   Link #42
Midonin
Last Engage

Sae's little sister comes to visit! It's been a while since we've seen Chika, and...

Let me start again.

Sae's little sister comes to visit. Though we were told she would be voiced by Ayana Taketatsu, she didn't utter a single line this week. Maybe next. The state of Sae's room is something amazing. If there is a Japanese version of Hoarders, she'd be on it yesterday. Moving it into Yurume's room before Yurume noticed was great, though my favorite character continues to be Kumi. She'd fit right in with Team Chaos.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:34   Link #43
Midonin
Last Engage

Sae's little sister is known as... Sae's little sister. Checking the Yurumates page on the Japanese Wiki reveals she has no given name. She'll also be joining the cast from now on. At least she actually spoke this week. The OP has changed, and the animation has only slightly changed. Looking forward to the second half.
Old 2012-07-13, 12:34   Link #44
Midonin
Last Engage

Magical Girl Matsukippon will never come to be. Sae's sister did call to mind Mirakurun, if very briefly. And Kumi is just awesome.
Old 2012-07-20, 12:35   Link #45
Midonin
Last Engage

This show needs more love. Of all the three minute anime I've seen, this is one of the most enjoyable. The gags come quickly, but nearly all of them hit the mark. Sae making herself at home in Kumi's place got the biggest laugh, but Yurume's "camping" trip and Matsukichi's globetrotting adventures also made for a solid three minutes.
Old 2012-07-27, 12:32   Link #46
Midonin
Last Engage

Being Matsukichi is suffering. Yurume doesn't have it much better. One of the best episodes of the series yet. The setup - getting everyone to do their chores already - and the execution - an endless stream of buck-passing - was brilliant. One of my favorite gags wasn't even really called attention to. When all the names were being crossed out and replaced with Matsukichi, that includes Matsukichi. Great stuff.
Old 2012-08-03, 12:37   Link #47
Midonin
Last Engage

I think Milky Holmes had an episode like this. Yurume's makeshift bed that she spent most of the day working on, Matsukichi cleaning, dirtying and cleaning his room again with naps in between, and Kumi being Kumi, which is to say being weird and yet sort of awesome. The gag with Sae's little sister and the pillow was also a nice twist. She has no idea what she's gotten herself into.
Old 2012-08-10, 12:35   Link #48
Midonin
Last Engage

For as bad as Kyoko was with her AC, the tenents of Maison du Wish are worse. None of them paid, not even Kumi. Luckily the fans are the only major electrical thing they have to work, or they'd all be in trouble. Leave it up to Sae's little sister to save them all.
Old 2012-08-18, 11:04   Link #49
Midonin
Last Engage

Featuring Matsukichi on drums, and everyone else on beer. The title of the next episode sounds greatly amusing.
Old 2012-08-24, 12:35   Link #50
Midonin
Last Engage

You heard it here first. If Yurume had money, she would control the weather. Her fantasies are by far the most practical, though. Kumi and Sae are rather McDuckian (except for the savings part), and when it comes to psychic powers... I'm not sure the world could handle two of Kumi. There's not nearly enough booze.
Old 2012-08-24, 13:02   Link #51
Nerroth
NePoi!

Must be hard for the little sister to get some proper rest, if she keeps waking up and dozing off like that...
Old 2012-08-31, 12:34   Link #52
Midonin
Last Engage

Sae's little sister wins at everything. Even if she is living in a mountain of boxes. Also, some pretty creative rock-paper-scissoring.
Old 2012-09-07, 12:34   Link #53
Midonin
Last Engage

Rice-cake Jenga. Sleeping in cleanliness. The face of a monster. The jaws of a monster. Just a regular New Years' around Maison du Wish. I wonder what's going to replace this series; it's been a fun little way to spend Friday afternoons.
Old 2012-09-14, 12:34   Link #54
Midonin
Last Engage

It's impossible for cardboard boxes to be involved without thinking of the one using them as either a Gundam or Snake. Though the Kurosaki family from Mahoraba also comes to mind. But if Yurume wasn't in the box, then... who was?
Old 2012-09-21, 12:35   Link #55
Midonin
Last Engage

Opposite Day can quickly get out of hand, as Yurume and friends so quickly demonstrated. Kumi once again shows her skill by dismantling the whole idea of Opposite Day with a single question about human behavior, and all is well with the world. So next week is the final... this show has definitely been underrated (barely noticed at all, in fact), but I've enjoyed watching it.
Old 2012-09-28, 12:37   Link #56
Midonin
Last Engage

And so the show ends with a convoluted series of dreams-within-a-dreams, Inceptioning itself out of existence. Probably one of my favorite three-minute shows. Its sense of humor just clicked with me, especially Kumi. She's awesome. And the show continued finding creative new ways to make all of its cast take a fall (except for Kumi, of course), and I loved the theme songs. Thankfully, my taste for life-in-a-small-apartment based humor will be filled by Hidamari very soon.