AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 46
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 5 17.86%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 7 25.00%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 7 25.00%
7 out of 10: Good... 6 21.43%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 3.57%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 3.57%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 3.57%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-05, 15:20   Link #81
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Just how I always thought battles in AGE would go, balls of light smacking into each other..... I pray that Zeheart and Kio don't have to fight too much since it's just silly to watch.

Kio just isn't fun to watch. Gets one of the best units out there and just squanders it. At least he didn't spend the fight telling Zeheart that they should just all get along. Just when Fram arrived it turned into the usual him getting knocked around.

At least we aren't short on death flags. I think Fram is raising so many that she's bound to pull and Obright and get Zeheart killed instead of her.
Old 2012-09-05, 15:28   Link #82
Raysoul

Am I the only one who compares Kio to Banagher rather than to Kira? His stubbornness in his no kill policy is the same with Banagher. And rather than being perfect, they both try their best in the battlefield, and show their full skills on certain situations.

Kio's character is a stubborn pacifists, even the writers know that (considering that most characters in AGE are also complaining about his no-kill policy). But I think it is really understandable to see him taking this route for the sake of the homage/plot.
Old 2012-09-05, 17:47   Link #83
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I just want Fram and Zeheart to end up together...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 17:57   Link #84
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Of course, Kira has been shown to kill or willing to kill from time to time...

As for Kio, we don't know yet, how far he is willing to take his ideals. It's explained in SEED.
Which at this point is all the way.

The guy is unwilling to even fight back in self-defence against two people he barely knows in fear of killing them because he thinks that it'll change despite the fact if he dies then a lot of other people will die.

I mean saying that your going to keep fighting your way and then just grinding your teeth while standing useless there with your allies doing most of the battle is a pretty pathetic way of doing it.

What's even more annoying is the way he stares at Seric like he's the devil for telling him to focus on protecting his allies.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 19:05   Link #85
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I just want Fram and Zeheart to end up together...
More often than not, what we want is not what we get...

Zeheart is pretty much irredeemable at this point, his orders caused the deaths of civilians on Earth, including a mother with her baby, and he laser'd a bunch of Flit's ships. Fram has gotten too many lines, and that only spells one thing in age: death. It's stupid, I don't like it, but it's what we'll get. I hope they are original for once, but don't hold your breath.
Old 2012-09-05, 20:59   Link #86
monster

So, Burst Mode can attack a large number of enemy but has less precision. I guess Kio would have no choice but to kill if he were to use it? But the preview suggests that he will use it next episode. So I suppose it's time for a tragic death on a personal level to motivate Kio.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 21:35   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
The novel states that the DODS Lancer is more powerful than it looks.
Considering at this point the DODS Lancer looks nearly useless as a ranged weapon that doesn't say much. If it manages to shoot down anything in the rest of the series that'd be impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
More often than not, what we want is not what we get...

Zeheart is pretty much irredeemable at this point, his orders caused the deaths of civilians on Earth, including a mother with her baby, and he laser'd a bunch of Flit's ships. Fram has gotten too many lines, and that only spells one thing in age: death. It's stupid, I don't like it, but it's what we'll get. I hope they are original for once, but don't hold your breath.
Now I agree on a lot, but not like lasering ships means anything. I mean last generations battle Flit tried to funnel the Vagan forces into the middle and then laser all of them. Just in that case the Vagans invested in shields while the Feds...didn't.

I don't think he's completely irredeemable, but he's getting there. I think him going insane is more of a problem for his survivability than anything else. All the death flags Fram is flying will either get her and/or Zeheart killed.

Quote:
So, Burst Mode can attack a large number of enemy but has less precision. I guess Kio would have no choice but to kill if he were to use it? But the preview suggests that he will use it next episode. So I suppose it's time for a tragic death on a personal level to motivate Kio.
I swear this would be like Asemu last arc turning down the Double Bullet (still think that'd be way more useful than Dark Hound here ). Curious to see just what Burst Mode does. Seems like the AGE System is trying to adapt to compensate for Kio's problem. It's not that the FX doesn't have enough power, but Kio won't use it. Sadly the Age System can't evolve to solve the pilot's personal policy.
Old 2012-09-05, 21:52   Link #88
Nvis
Where are the good animes

DODS Lancer doesn't even shoot DODS......
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 22:11   Link #89
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Sadly the Age System can't evolve to solve the pilot's personal policy.
That's not completely true. It could develop an automatic targeting system that would attack designated targets. Of course, Flit would have to lock Kio out of that system.
Old 2012-09-05, 22:51   Link #90
overloard

Quote:
Well preview suggests that he will use it against Zanald, who is ideal guy for this type of situations. No one will really care even if Kio kills him. Plus his MS is so big, precision doesn't really matter
overloard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 22:56   Link #91
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Wasnt burst mode some high-speed-funnelholebeamsabreswholooklikefunnels type of mode? like beam sabers pops out where the FC's funnels are supposed to be docked?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 22:59   Link #92
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by overloard View Post
No one will really care even if Kio kills him.
Kio should, supposedly.
Old 2012-09-05, 23:12   Link #93
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

FX Burst mode was described to basically maximize the Gundam AGE-FX's speed and mobility. My guess is that the loss of precision comes from how friggin' fast Kio will be moving, preventing him from targeting properly. I don't think it'll have any extra beam sabers coming out of all the ports.
Old 2012-09-05, 23:54   Link #94
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Forget about the plot and character development! Since Generation 3 start, the main reason I watch AGE is for the battles! But, Legilis & FX’s fight in this episode reminds me a lot about DBZ . Btw, FX is still pretty much become a sandbag in this episode *sigh....*

Also, I could be wrong, but is this the first Gundam series where the pilots report that they’re piloting “custom” suits? I was reminded about it when Seric Abis yelled “Clanche Custom!” to the deck operators (same thing with Obright).
Old 2012-09-06, 10:54   Link #95
overloard

Quote:
Kio should, supposedly.
It can be easy (and cheap) way to resolve his moral conflict. Kio will learn the reality of war hard way and finally pull the trigger, but conveniently it will happen around villainous villain Zanald and his people who are so evil that they have no qualms about backstabbing their fellow Vagans, so afterwards everyone can say “Yeah, they had it coming”. Kio with his newfound determination then will swiftly find a way to fight without killing and protect his allies (fully mastering Burst Mode, for instance), and tah-dah, they lived happily ever after
overloard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 01:08   Link #96
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

Episode 6 sucks. I really hated Kio in this episode. booo hoo I don't want to use burst mode because it will hurt people.
Gomenasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 06:58   Link #97
Destined_Fate

Eh... We can all wait for AGE 3 to get into a SRW game. Kouji, Adult Simon, or Ryouma should be able to put hair on Kio's chest and teach him to be a proper man.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 16:58   Link #98
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Being a killer makes you a man now?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 20:29   Link #99
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Being a killer makes you a man now?
Gundam fan logic.. Deal with it! (I had to.)
Old 2012-09-07, 21:38   Link #100
Aquaman OS

No but getting a clear head and understanding of the situation will.

If Kio wants to fight to disable than fine, assuming he can still do his job and get a decisive victory than fine. A solider isn't obligated to kill everyone they fight. Just stop them, though 9/10 times it involves killing them. But it's a war crime to do stuff like execute wounded or surrendering enemies or attack pilots that have ejected IRL so if Kio cuts out of the cockpit fine.

Kio's problem however is that when it comes to non mooks he stops fighting and tries to preach peace with them. And when it doesn't immediately work, he just keeps doing it. After the 2nd time Girard basically laughed him off he should have gotten to the disabling. She obviously wasn't going to listen, so further words were pointless. Same with Fram.

He's also for some reason letting a girl he knew for only a short while color his whole experience with the Vegan now. He's right that the Vegan's don't deserve to be wiped out, (Asemu believes this too.) but he seems to want instant peace since he personally met a Vegan he liked. He's also almost oddly unable to connect with his own grandfather and home side, more or less writing off all their losses as unimportant, and they should all just give up and make peace with the Vegan.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion