AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-04, 14:09   Link #12681
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So my first "serious" WoT game after a long time...

Not too bad if I say so myself.

Edit:

Also, don't mess with Erika!!!

This one involved me soloing various tanks on Heavy Tank lane while surrounded from all sides, while my team collapsed all around me. Quite epic.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2014-08-04 at 14:50.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 15:54   Link #12682
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The only relevant match I had the whole weekend.

Spoiler:

I almost didn't counted when I saw the T-34-85 coming for me while I was still reloading. Luckly RNG gave him 2 misses while I was at 4 hp and finally reloaded in the most precise momment, alowing me to send the T-34-85 to kingdom come and back.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 21:20   Link #12683
Newhope

This game has been sapping my will to play lately, so many god awful players.

Spoiler for space:
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 21:35   Link #12684
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

at least you mastered the at
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 22:36   Link #12685
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
World of Tanks is a game that has to be played in bursts rather than continuously, as it's easy to get burned out when you keep on running into bad teams.

Use the 3-game measure: If you lose three games straight, stop. It means you're on a tilt. Don't try to fight and "get back the wins". Log out, do something else for a while, you'll not only likely play much better when you get back, you'll also avoid unneeded stress.
Old 2014-08-05, 23:24   Link #12686
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I might add to try to go back to tier 2 battles to relieve some stress. Even if you lose is not a big loss, and sealclubing can be fun sometimes...

Well, making some numbers, this was the worse weekend of the year for me: 35 loses and only 10 wins. My WR dropped from 54.1% to 53.8%

Also, only 940 xp needed for the AT-7 mastery, wow that's low.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 02:20   Link #12687
Pen3

LOL. My Chinese 110 owned the west flank in Fiery Salient (Prohorovka Defence)
Replay

I had another game in JPE100 that took 47 shots and survived in Prohorovka line 1 to a point where the unicum RUS E-100 started to shoot HE at me. It was pure angling and just using the armor correctly. Sadly i accidentally deleted the replay ; ;
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 03:21   Link #12688
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So I'm running the Type-1 Chi-He now, and I gotta ask, do I go for the 57mm gun, or the 75?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-08-06, 07:50   Link #12689
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I know how you feel as I've been more on the moron mountain (that's what I use to refer to a team of complete idiots and moaners) then off it (and that includes prats that drive into my line of fire as I'm taking a shot which ends up with me being fined for their stupidity), although I have been surviving more matches where everyone knows what they're doing.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 08:06   Link #12690
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
I know how you feel as I've been more on the moron mountain (that's what I use to refer to a team of complete idiots and moaners) then off it (and that includes prats that drive into my line of fire as I'm taking a shot which ends up with me being fined for their stupidity), although I have been surviving more matches where everyone knows what they're doing.
Sometimes I wonder how people can play so idiotically, why bother getting a heavy tank if you aren't willing to have it take hits? IT'S A FRIGGIN TANK!

I also sometimes wonder whether or not people understand the concept of advancing forward during a battle.

This last match in my BP was the last straw for the day.

EDIT: I have no idea how to upload images lol

A loss/draw when you do the most damage on your team and block enough damage that would have killed half of your own team just sucks.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 08:27   Link #12691
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I am finding a healthy combination of WoT and Kancolle to be helpful in staving off the burnout. After two to three games, I can go back to Kancolle and do a 5-4 or 4-2 run, and then I can go back for one WoT game...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 08:51   Link #12692
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So I'm running the Type-1 Chi-He now, and I gotta ask, do I go for the 57mm gun, or the 75?
Usual choices there between a regular gun and a microderp gun. The 57mm isn't especially amazing in comparison to any other nation's regular gun at that tier, however. (Slightly better damage and pen than the PzIII's 50mm, but the PzIII is a lot more maneuverable. Better alpha than the Matilda's 2pdrXB, but the Matilda will rip the Chi-He apart because Matilda don't care. Etc.)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 13:41   Link #12693
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, this looks interesting.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 19:00   Link #12694
Gravitas Free Zone

Do people understand numbers?
Old 2014-08-06, 21:23   Link #12695
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
More like people who don't understand how to aim..........or weakspots.........or play properly in general.
Old 2014-08-06, 22:09   Link #12696
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I might add to try to go back to tier 2 battles to relieve some stress. Even if you lose is not a big loss, and sealclubing can be fun sometimes...
Actually, huge losses exist in tier 2 regardless of your skill. Some tanks just can't do much by themselves and rely on their team not completely screwing things up. There's an increased possibility of being flanked hard by virtue of a section of the map being completely ignored, and though it's rare, there are times when you're straight up teamkilled. That last one is the most frustrating one; get into a good position, prepare to kick ass hard, suddenly die to a shot from right behind you.

Then there's players who really just don't care and screw things up on purpose...

(Some time afterward, he started talking in chat, indicating he was not truly idle, just not doing anything.)
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 22:30   Link #12697
Gravitas Free Zone

I have a few Tier 2 gift tanks and my pile of Tier 3 premiums, but aside from that I stay at Tier 4 and up most of the time. It's like VDZ says at Tier 1 and 2, there's too much that can go wrong that is out of your control, to which I'd add terrible view and radio ranges.

There's the T18 platoon plan, but even that can get fouled up by a couple of people with brains and TDs with a real view range.
Old 2014-08-07, 00:15   Link #12698
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

On my way to grinding for the Chi-Nu (because Anteater Team ), I really didn't expect to like the Type-1 Chi-He as much as I do, especially once I go full spec-ops with it:

That T40 and T1 Heavy never expected the Chi-He from behind!

Old 2014-08-07, 01:41   Link #12699
Raviel

I'm mildly annoyed by the fact that thanks to a horrible string of losses this weekend, I've been pushed back down to 49% just when I FINALLY managed to get true 50% on my win rate

Admittedly some of those loses were due to me having too much fun driving my Cromwell

P.S. can anyone give me tips on grinding the glass cannon german TD line?
Old 2014-08-07, 03:36   Link #12700
Pen3

I will be in live streaming twitch tv again tomorrow night with Niv13 and watch my noob ass embarass myself http://www.twitch.tv/niv13 He plays jp songs on stream and it caught me offguard when I joined
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks