AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-10-23, 23:54   Link #1081
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I don't mean they're badly drawn or anything like that, infact they are very well drawn, they just look sorta odd to me, mostly the expressions. Anyway I've just saw a few pics of them so maybe my opinion would change if I saw them in action.
They are really faithful to original Ryukishi sprites. They copied his drawn expressions really well.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 02:46   Link #1082
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Mion's beasts still seem to defy gravity in the new sprite compared to the others, but with the changes made to the sprite, I can life with it.
Probably has a bra that isn't fit correctly that lifts them up too much.

Or she wants than that high. A status symbol.
Old 2014-10-24, 03:15   Link #1083
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Mion is quite proud of her chest in the Manga adaptation (But that's probably her tsundere cover, she's actually super embarrassed everytime Keiichi hints at something)
Old 2014-10-24, 15:15   Link #1084
GrAVit

I sure prefer the Kizuna sprite over the Matsuri sprite, looks so much better.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 15:16   Link #1085
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
Agreed. Kizuna sprites are so good, it's such a shame they released it on DS, screw low res.
Old 2014-10-24, 16:59   Link #1086
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Agreed. Kizuna sprites are so good, it's such a shame they released it on DS, screw low res.
They probably have Hi-Res somewhere in their archives. I wonder, does Japan not do the "this game is available on EVERY console" thing they do here? Because it surprises me there's no Higurashi PS3 or Vita release. (Laugh all you want at my console choices, but I'd love to play it on my Vita or Wii U.)
Old 2014-10-24, 18:04   Link #1087
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
To be fair, Kizuna = Matsuri 2.0, would be quite silly if those weren't better.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 19:20   Link #1088
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
To be fair, Kizuna = Matsuri 2.0, would be quite silly if those weren't better.
Sorry to say, but I think that's opinion based. Mion's sprite got bad with all the edits they made, don't think they were necessary, same goes for the eyes and faces for a lot of the characters. I like the Matsuri expressions much better, and I didn't like what they did with Kizuna for the most part, then again it differs from person to person whether they improved or not. Anyway, was there any costumes exclusive to the NDS games in that art book thing you got, I noticed one for Rena but was there for any of the other characters?

Last edited by xPearse; 2014-10-25 at 07:28.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 04:18   Link #1089
07th

Nice discussion you're havin' there, folks.
Had lots of fun readin' all 50 pages of it.

Well, that aside, let's cut to the chase:
I, yet another translator, am here to ask TheGuraGuraMan a favor. I would like to have Hanyuu dress sprite and Rena's battle sprites from Kizuna in .png format as soon as possible, especially the latter. Who knows what could happen before you release the patch with them, so i thought i'd take precautions.

By the way, thank you for Hanyuu's school uniform. And i think you said something about Akasaka's fighter stance sprites, does Kizuna have them? If so — and you already completed working on them — i'd like them too.
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 06:33   Link #1090
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07th View Post
Who knows what could happen before you release the patch with them, so i thought i'd take precautions.
Wait what ?

Quote:
And i think you said something about Akasaka's fighter stance sprites, does Kizuna have them? If so — and you already completed working on them — i'd like them too.
Didn't begin to work on Kizuna Akasak's fighting pose sprite yet. Would take some time anyway, and it's not really a priority, didn't even finish reworking on his casual pose sprite.
Old 2014-10-25, 10:07   Link #1091
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
Also, I wonder what MangaGamer's punishment sprites will look like (maid Satoko, Angel Mort Rika, whatever-Mion-is-supposed-to-be Mion).
That's what I've wondered as well. For your sake, I hope they won't be too "sexualized". lol
Well, I'm more worried about them looking awkward like the other sprites were in the beginning.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 11:33   Link #1092
07th

Quote:
Wait what ?
I need the sprites to insert them in my port.

But there's still a long time until i could start working on 8th chapter and who knows, maybe i wouldn't be able to get them then for some reason. I like to be prepared, you see.

In exchange, maybe this picture would serve as something like an aperitif. If you don't get it, compare it to the one Shion sprite you uploaded here, if you actually still did not fix the colors:

===

On the towel (as in japanese, re-translated to english):
1) Satoko was naked when Kei found her.
2) He wrapped the towel around her. Nothing says he tied it.
3) When he got her on his back, the towel "became loose".
4) When Kei left Satoko, she could fix the towel.
5) Satoko "re-tied" the towel around herself when they started going to Furude's.
6) Satoko sees Kei and Rika's dead body. Satoko whispers: "Mu... rde... rer......" and then starts "to back away with small, unsteady steps, not even caring that the towel fell down". The original part about the towel is as follows:
タオルがはだけてしまったことすら、どうでもいいようだった。
The literal verb used here means something like «open up (revealing what it was hiding)».

7) Since then, Satoko is naked, but there is not a single word neither about the towel, nor about nudity, which allows to interpret the case as the coder/translator wish(es).
Old 2014-10-25, 11:50   Link #1093
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
I need the sprites to insert them in my port.

But there's still a long time until i could start working on 8th chapter and who knows, maybe i wouldn't be able to get them then for some reason. I like to be prepared, you see.

In exchange, maybe this picture would serve as something like an aperitif. If you don't get it, compare it to the one Shion sprite you uploaded here, if you actually still did not fix the colors:

Port ? What kind of port ?

And I don't get what you're trying to show me with this Shion sprite either, besides the fact that you seems to have copied the missing bottom left part of the suit I remade myself for my Kizuna sprite and added for the Matsuri one. After comparing your is also is bit deformed for some reasons.
Old 2014-10-25, 12:28   Link #1094
07th

A kind of port that is to another engine, mind you.

What i'm trying to show is that the colors on your sprite are messed up on the left lower part of her skirt, while i fixed them for the ones i use. It's hard to notice at the first glance, but it's noticeable if you look closely with right color settings and good color vision.

So, what about my request?
Old 2014-10-25, 12:40   Link #1095
TheGuraGuraMan

You know I don't even use this Matsuri sprite anymore right ?

And a port of what to what ? It's like you're avoiding details or purpose.
Old 2014-10-25, 12:53   Link #1096
07th

A port of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni to another engine. I don't think it matters which one, but if you so insist, it's Ren'Py.

I don't know what you're using. As far as i know, you're making a port that has Shion's Angel Mort Kizuna sprite, which was edited to have the corner of her dress. Maybe i misunderstood something?
Old 2014-10-25, 13:10   Link #1097
TheGuraGuraMan

I stayed on P/Onsripter.

Kizuna AM Shion is just a sprite among many others, but since you said having read the 50 previous pages, then you should already know that.
The one I posted was still unfinished anyway.
Old 2014-10-25, 19:14   Link #1098
xPearse

I don't even remember it saying the towel fell off in the game, maybe I wasn't reading right.

Quote:
A port of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni to another engine. I don't think it matters which one, but if you so insist, it's Ren'Py.
How come your porting it to Ren'Py, that's kind an odd choice (not the engine but just porting it) but is it for multi language support or anything like that? I'm just throwing a suggestion out, I'm kinda interested. Care to share any details?

Quote:
I stayed on P/Onsripter.

Kizuna AM Shion is just a sprite among many others, but since you said having read the 50 previous pages, then you should already know that.
The one I posted was still unfinished anyway.
Either or, he's just asking for a few sprites. Couldn't hurt to give him them but your probably not done making them with all their expressions yet.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 01:33   Link #1099
07th

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
How come your porting it to Ren'Py, that's kind an odd choice (not the engine but just porting it) but is it for multi language support or anything like that? I'm just throwing a suggestion out, I'm kinda interested. Care to share any details?
Well, BGI is really hard to get things done right, is not actually free and does not fully support some languages. Also, it had annoying vertical white lines between letters when you use characters not in ASCII.
I did not try P/ONScripter because of lack of an option to change effect speed and textbox transparency. I chose Ren'Py because it was the easiest, modern and free engine combining all the things i wanted, and there were many novels from which i could learn Ren'Py programming all i want.
Old 2014-10-26, 04:20   Link #1100
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
That's because the English translation apparently had that line taken out of it (probably because MangaGamer considered censoring it and then forgot to put the line back in when they were pressured to change their mind).

Or maybe you were reading Matsuri, which thankfully had that awkwardness eliminated from it altogether.
Guys, wasn't original Mangagamer release censored? My copy has the sprite with towel on her all the time. No naked sprite.