AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-21, 12:17   Link #2181
eaglei3

Kallen defeating Suzaku just happened. If it didn't happen, there were other ways to have Suzaku's death portrayed during the battle.

However, since this is anime, it followed the top Ace vs Top Ace logic.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 12:23   Link #2182
mr.questionguy
Banned

the video on page one isnt working anymore,can anyone repost it?or find a new source to watch?
mr.questionguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 15:13   Link #2183
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
Actually, he is hinting that there may/WILL be another Code geass, not featuring Lelouch. So I suppose this isn't the last we will see of geass, but its probably the last we will see of Lelouch. I would go as far to say as we WILL see another geass, hopefully in another universe altogether, I've had enough of Brittania and UFN.
I'll be fine just with a small OVA that shows what the other characters are doing. Particularly Kallen on how she got the Guren key as well and how she realized what ZR was so quickly. I'm all for a movie as well since I think that is possible given how popular the series is. IMO having a new main character for a new Code Geass series just wouldn't feel the same without Lelouch. I almost rather have a non-canon series that has the same characters since they did build a great cast of characters.
Old 2008-10-21, 15:24   Link #2184
shinigami99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I'll be fine just with a small OVA that shows what the other characters are doing. Particularly Kallen on how she got the Guren key as well and how she realized what ZR was so quickly. I'm all for a movie as well since I think that is possible given how popular the series is. IMO having a new main character for a new Code Geass series just wouldn't feel the same without Lelouch. I almost rather have a non-canon series that has the same characters since they did build a great cast of characters.
Well Okuichi did say that it was definately the end of Lelouch's story. Personally I would be fine with another code geass series with a different cast AS LONG AS the protagonist is cool and a genius like Lelouch(but who could probably have a different flaw, like Lelouch's was a sister complex). In that series they could probably develop romance much more than they did in this CG but not make it a main aspect of the show.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 17:04   Link #2185
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Lelouch couldn't have planned when, where and how exactly (though let's not forget we are talking about the guy who managed to guess Schneizel's every answer to his recorded video ), but I'm pretty sure "Kallen will turn up at some point and try and stop Suzaku" was part of the plan. He probably thought things would go a bit more smoothly, though.
Yup. my opinion is that I still think that they used kallen to fake suzaku's death. The man guessed schneizel's answers and timing, he's also taken that in account. And about what suzaku said to her, suzaku is just a good actor. That would have been a nonsense to make him killed by a Tamaki. No one would have believe it.

Last edited by Narona; 2008-10-21 at 17:17.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 17:41   Link #2186
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
planning for kallen to be the one to fake suzaku's death makes nho sense (suzaku even tries talking her out of the fight)
Hum, I remember Suzaku and Kallen arguing about their respective ideologies...but not him trying to talk her out of the fight.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 17:42   Link #2187
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Yup. my opinion is that I still think that they used kallen to fake suzaku's death. The man guessed schneizel's answers and timing, he's also taken that in account. And about what suzaku said to her, suzaku is just a good actor. That would have been a nonsense to make him killed by a Tamaki. No one would have believe it.
There's simply no way they planned that, and Suzaku's line about being unable to win proves it. He wasn't talking to her when he noted that he couldn't beat her even with the live Geass. If it were an act, he wouldn't have said it.
Old 2008-10-21, 17:44   Link #2188
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
There's simply no way they planned that, and Suzaku's line about being unable to win proves it. He wasn't talking to her when he noted that he couldn't beat her even with the live Geass. If it were an act, he wouldn't have said it.
Yeha and lelouch would have not been able to guess every schneizel's answers and timing.

imo (I don't try to force it on you), suzaku was just acting. And it was pretty good.
Old 2008-10-21, 17:45   Link #2189
Eliarine

Quote:
I think they did plan the Suzaku/Kallen fight, they just didn't think Suzaku would have that much trouble dealing with her.
Old 2008-10-21, 17:52   Link #2190
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Yeha and lelouch would have not been able to guess every schneizel's answers and timing.

imo (I don't try to force it on you), suzaku was just acting. And it was pretty good.
It's not acting unless someone sees or hears you doing it. Suzaku was talking to himself, hence it isn't acting.

Quote:
I think they did plan the Suzaku/Kallen fight, they just didn't think Suzaku would have that much trouble dealing with her.
Suzaku has always had trouble with Kallen, why would they suddenly think that would change now?
Old 2008-10-21, 17:54   Link #2191
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
cant agree with that idea that the plan called for kallen faking suzaku's death
even if one is willing to except the fact that it's a good idea to use kallen to do it (as she is probably the only one in the world who could end up killing suzaku for real)
and leaving aside the fact that even suzaku himself says that he is trying to win and simply cant
the steps in the plan dont leave room for it

lelouch needed suzaku in order to get past the freya bomb and into the damocles (the whole lance of NGE thing)
so him "dying" in a fight against kallen BEFORE that happens means "game over" for ZERO-R
then once inside the damocles they would both be within the blaze luminus shielding
and considering what they had to do in order to get into the shield there was no way he could have expected kallen to do the same (the only reason that HE was able to do it is due to the shinkiro shield system, which the guren does not have)
and most importently
once lelouch had gained control of the damocles he used a freya in order to make the OOBK surrender and wins the fight
suzaku's fight with gino was not expected
nor was gino's act of taking off a piece of the shield and letting kallen in to take over
suzaku reacts with surprise and wonder about him taking down the shield
and his response to finding out that kallen was about to fight him (in ep 24) says anything BUT "keikaku doori"

no doubt the plan called for suzaku to fake his own death
but trying it against kallen is a very VERY unwise (read:retarded) way of going around doing it
there are other ways of doing it
its much simpler (and more logical) to assume that they took advantage of the outcome of the fight and used it as the way for suzaku to have been killed rather then plan for such an outcome
Old 2008-10-21, 17:55   Link #2192
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
It's not acting unless someone sees or hears you doing it. Suzaku was talking to himself, hence it isn't acting.
We don't see his mouth. I think he said it, not thought it.

Quote:
but trying it against kallen is a very VERY unwise (read:retarded) way of going around doing it
Keep words like "retarded" for you. The way you're talking, even if not said directly towards those who don't have the same opinion as you is insulting. So, don't expect the other people to listen to you.
Old 2008-10-21, 18:00   Link #2193
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
We don't see his mouth. I think he said it, not thought it.
Regardless of whether he said it or thought it, no one heard him. Again, not acting unless there's an audience.
Old 2008-10-21, 18:01   Link #2194
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Regardless of whether he said it or thought it, no one heard him. Again, not acting unless there's an audience.
I think kallen heard him. and What kallen said right after is a reply imo.
Old 2008-10-21, 18:01   Link #2195
Eliarine

Quote:
Suzaku has always had trouble with Kallen, why would they suddenly think that would change now?
They both thought they'd be able to beat the other this time around. That's why Suzaku was surprised his Live Geass didn't allow him to make a decisive blow and Kallen was surprised that she couldn't beat him wihen she should be higher spec-wise.

Quote:
so him "dying" in a fight against kallen BEFORE that happens means "game over" for ZERO-R
then once inside the damocles they would both be within the blaze luminus shielding
and considering what they had to do in order to get into the shield there was no way he could have expected kallen to do the same (the only reason that HE was able to do it is due to the shinkiro shield system, which the guren does not have)
and most importently
once lelouch had gained control of the damocles he used a freya in order to make the OOBK surrender and wins the fight
suzaku's fight with gino was not expected
nor was gino's act of taking off a piece of the shield and letting kallen in to take over
suzaku reacts with surprise and wonder about him taking down the shield
and his response to finding out that kallen was about to fight him (in ep 24) says anything BUT "keikaku doori"

no doubt the plan called for suzaku to fake his own death
there are other ways of doing it
its much simpler (and more logical) to assume that they took advantage of the outcome of the fight and used it as the way for suzaku to have been killed rather then plan for such an outcome
Think of it that way: Lelouch and Suzaku planned ZR thinking Kallen would turn up at some point to try and stop them. Had she not done that, they would have had to find another way to fake Suzaku's death, but it probably wouldn't have been as convincing. Fake death against Kallen = best option. That doesn't mean they knew when, where, and how she'd appear.
Old 2008-10-21, 18:03   Link #2196
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
They both thought they'd be able to beat the other this time around. That's why Suzaku was surprised his Live Geass didn't allow him to make a decisive blow and Kallen was surprised that she couldn't beat him wihen she should be higher spec-wise.
imo Lelouch planned that it could happen, simply. That was not the only possibility, but he thought about it.
Old 2008-10-21, 18:08   Link #2197
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Think of it that way: Lelouch and Suzaku planned ZR thinking Kallen would turn up at some point to try and stop them. Had she not done that, they would have had to find another way to fake Suzaku's death, but it probably wouldn't have been as convincing. Fake death against Kallen = best option. That doesn't mean they knew when, where, and how she'd appear.
but the stages in the battle itself dont leave room for such a battle to take place
if gino hadnt taken down the shield then the battle would have ended with the OOBK surrendering BEFORE kallen and suzaku would have a chance to fight

@narona
didnt mean to offend
and the comment was not in any way ment to be directed at those who say that it was part of the plan
it was directed at lelouch for planning (if he did plan it like that) to use the one person on earth who could kill suzaku for real (and there by fuck up ZERO-R) in order to do it
didnt mean to offend anyone and im sorry if i did
Old 2008-10-21, 18:11   Link #2198
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I think kallen heard him. and What kallen said right after is a reply imo.
"Why are you so strong?" You're grasping at straws. She didn't hear him.

Quote:
They've always thought they'd be able to win. Suzaku thought he could win against uber-Guren until he realized just how fucked he was. That doesn't change anything. Lelouch knows that he has never been able to beat her decisively on even ground.

Quote:
Lelouch never plans on such a flimsy circumstance. They were inside Damocles with its shields active and no possible way for anyone to enter. To claim that they could somehow predict Gino being on board, which they clearly didn't expect, and that he would destroy the shielding system just to let Kallen finish the job is ridiculous. There's too many unknowns for them to have possibly conceived for him to "die" as he did. They would have arranged for him to die some other way, they just got lucky.
Old 2008-10-21, 18:14   Link #2199
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
"Why are you so strong?" . She didn't hear him.
It's the view inside the cockpit. There isn't the reverberation that we can hear when the camera is outside and when the mic of the KMF is activated. I think his mic is activated. And again, it's just my opinion Mr Know.it.all
Quote:
You're grasping at straws
Yeah, you too. And since you like to talk like that, End of discussion. Bye bye.

Quote:
@narona
didnt mean to offend
and the comment was not in any way ment to be directed at those who say that it was part of the plan
it was directed at lelouch for planning (if he did plan it like that) to use the one person on earth who could kill suzaku for real (and there by fuck up ZERO-R) in order to do it
didnt mean to offend anyone and im sorry if i did
Ok. Well, I think that lelouch thought it could happen. That it was a possibility. Things could have turned differently. Same as the schneizel's scene. I think lelouch thought about other possibilities if this one hasn't worked just as planned.
Old 2008-10-21, 18:19   Link #2200
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
It's the view inside the cockpit. There isn't the reverberation that we can hear when the camera is outside and when the mic of the KMF is activated. I think his mic is activated. And again, it's just my opinion Mr Know.it.all
Opinion or not, it should least make sense. You're ignoring the obvious to make it work.