AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-20, 13:50   Link #201
Wesley84

Except C.C.'s a fithly xeno that damns all she/it comes in contact with. Fairy 9 at least hasn't caused anyone to die yet.

Klan's in second. I guess it pays to not be involved in conspiracies, being proud of who you are and the work you do, while not being egomanical about it.
Old 2008-07-20, 14:02   Link #202
zalem

Where on earth did you get "C.C. is a xeno?" O_O Nina, I can understand, but C.C.? Not that I can disagree with you on the bad luck that falls anyone who contracts with her bit...that is kind of true. Err, but maybe we should take this to the C.C. thread in the CG forum.

And why is Sheryl, Fairy 9 all of a sudden. Her name is Sheryl. Fairy 9 is just a code name. But I notice you seem to use that now instead of her name. It's hard to hate Klan. That's why she gets so many votes. Like you said, there is less controversy around her character.
Old 2008-07-20, 14:12   Link #203
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Except C.C.'s a fithly xeno that damns all she/it comes in contact with. Fairy 9 at least hasn't caused anyone to die yet.

Klan's in second. I guess it pays to not be involved in conspiracies, being proud of who you are and the work you do, while not being egomanical about it.
C.C. is not xeno, nor she is filthy

You know, I sincerely thank god that there's no other Ranka's fan as nice as you.

Klan doesn't do anything that make people hate her. She's both strong and cute (as loli), so that's double points for her.
Old 2008-07-20, 15:57   Link #204
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
And why is Sheryl, Fairy 9 all of a sudden. Her name is Sheryl. Fairy 9 is just a code name. But I notice you seem to use that now instead of her name. It's hard to hate Klan. That's why she gets so many votes. Like you said, there is less controversy around her character.
It's a bit of a running joke. Long story.

Basically, we now refer to the characters by their callsigns:
Alto: Skull 4
Sheryl: Fairy 9
Ranka: Q1

When Sheryl gets her own VF, they'll convert part of Skull squadron to establish the new Fairy squadron. So SMS will consist of three divisions: Skull, Fairy, and Pixie. Fairy 9 will be Sheryl's new callsign. That way Fairy 9 can arrange dinner plans with Skull 4 while shooting earring speakerpods into enemy ships.

Feel free to join in the fun.
Old 2008-07-20, 23:27   Link #205
Tabris

Why was Raramia on the list and not Nene? >:C

Quote:

⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Sheryl be Cirno.
Old 2008-07-20, 23:31   Link #206
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

Yeah that was what I thought of too ORZ. Why 9?
Old 2008-07-20, 23:42   Link #207
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonth View Post
Yeah that was what I thought of too ORZ. Why 9?
Heh, that is like asking why Milia 639 is 639, why not other numbers

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-20, 23:49   Link #208
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
It's a bit of a running joke. Long story.

Basically, we now refer to the characters by their callsigns:
Alto: Skull 4
Sheryl: Fairy 9
Ranka: Q1

When Sheryl gets her own VF, they'll convert part of Skull squadron to establish the new Fairy squadron. So SMS will consist of three divisions: Skull, Fairy, and Pixie. Fairy 9 will be Sheryl's new callsign. That way Fairy 9 can arrange dinner plans with Skull 4 while shooting earring speakerpods into enemy ships.

Feel free to join in the fun.
I'm still hoping a 'Pink Pecker' squadron makes another appearance...

Watashi no uta o kike!!!
Old 2008-07-21, 02:59   Link #209
hai_san

Well compairing the male main cast i think the older Macross serie has way better characters, Alto is noway near Hikaru, Basara or even Isamu, just my 2 cents. Better hope there will soon some backstory about Alto past, so that he will develope more "character".
Old 2008-07-21, 05:02   Link #210
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Well compairing the male main cast i think the older Macross serie has way better characters, Alto is noway near Hikaru, Basara or even Isamu, just my 2 cents. Better hope there will soon some backstory about Alto past, so that he will develope more "character".
Hikaru didn't need a past to enjoy his character and developement. All he needed were circumstances in which he could grow and a supporting cast he could interact with. All they've given Alto to work with is some idiotic romantic notion about flying, while turning him into a piece of rope for tug-o-war. He's just a piece of man meat to throw into the fray.
Old 2008-07-21, 05:06   Link #211
Westlo
Lets be reality

If Klan actually got some development and screen time she would be untouchable when it comes to second place.
Old 2008-07-21, 06:32   Link #212
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If Klan actually got some development and screen time she would be untouchable when it comes to second place.
If she did get some, it'd probably be in regards to Michael, and I can't see that actually being a good thing for her. Scenes that showed her hanging out with her squadmates or more scenes like at the mall would be nice, but keep her as far from Michael as possible.
Old 2008-07-21, 07:09   Link #213
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Well, we do know something about his past. Besides, being a Kabuki actor? Thats a first... in just about anything, really.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-21, 07:37   Link #214
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, we do know something about his past. Besides, being a Kabuki actor? Thats a first... in just about anything, really.

- Tak
Well, we didnīt know that much more about Hikaru, really. His family had a flying circus and, uh, Roy Focker was part of it. And he hates war.

Thatīs basically how he starts out and we never get a look back. Misa had much more backstory, Minmey had her family shown in one episode, but thatīs it.

So, as far as that goes, Alto and Hikaru are quite comparable for background.
Old 2008-07-21, 08:22   Link #215
Wesley84

I liked Hikaru's background. He's a stunt pilot from a family of stunt pilots. What more do you need to know? Same with Minmei. Normal background, not particularly fantastic, except her family owned some restaurant chain, though she's not rich. Misa's thing with her childhood crush was really dumb, and show's how having a past can be a bad thing for a character's developement.
Old 2008-07-21, 10:35   Link #216
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Isamu was a much more interesting main character than Hikaru and Alto combined. Basara was interesting too, it's a shame the series he was in just sucked.
Old 2008-07-21, 10:52   Link #217
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Isamu was a much more interesting main character than Hikaru and Alto combined. Basara was interesting too, it's a shame the series he was in just sucked.
Iīd say the series would have sucked 100% less *without* Basara.
Old 2008-07-21, 11:02   Link #218
stray
Classic Yandere

Ore no uta o kike!!!!
Old 2008-07-21, 11:18   Link #219
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Iīd say the series would have sucked 100% less *without* Basara.
Hey, I liked Basara...he was amusing. Even if he was a bit ridiculous sometimes with his "I won't fight, I'll sing to them" ideals. Plus the songs were catchy.

ORE NO UTA O KIKE!

Sheryl nicked it from him.
Old 2008-07-21, 11:21   Link #220
magnuskn

Quote:
Hey, I liked Basara...he was amusing. Even if he was a bit ridiculous sometimes with his "I won't fight, I'll sing to them" ideals. Plus the songs were catchy.
Actually, that was his saving point... otherwise the guy was a 100% self-centered dick.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite