AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-05, 17:35   Link #141
luckyssol

Spoiler for ep5 new character theory:
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 17:35   Link #142
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Maybe the "hand" belongs to Beatrice as the new character "shoved" her aside.

Also, what's with the title, "The end of the golden witch" (sounds like the end of the saga), what's the next one going to be called, "Revival of the golden witch?" and the last, "Redemption of the golden witch"? (Hope someone has better ideas)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 17:37   Link #143
Kitsu
The unlucky one

That's a possibility but I don't like revival of the golden witch, cause I don't like when people have their big revival and come back after everyone mourned

Also I look at the screenshots again and...

There are two screenshots that are both questionable ( no not talking about that Natsuhi and Kinzo one...that could have been in the past)
The two next shots with are rather strange

Most of you already suggested that this stranded person could have stranded years before our drama, I think it might not be that relevant for the plot, maybe a person did indeed strand years ago on Rokkenjima, but of course not necessarily on the family conference (this is what most think right). Just let's turn around the chess board. Would Ryukishi give us such a important detail as a "18" person in a screenshot? Something that is to take how we read it? Nah. And that person that strands doesn't even have to be new character if this happened in the past. Do you guys remember that we still don't have any background on Shannon?

About the next screenshot, well the first think that I thought was that this stranded person is treated by Nanjo. But there are several easier ways to explain that, ways that won't contradict with our first theory that this happened years ago. Someone just got hurt pretty badly and was treated by Doctor Nanjo

Maybe I'm thinking to deep into it xDD
Old 2009-07-05, 17:39   Link #144
Marion
The Great Dine

Spoiler for EP 5 speculation:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 17:54   Link #145
Avisch
Reality Blender

With a title like such, I can only imagine the series getting more confusing. I just realized that it could mean the ANTI-Fantasy theories getting destroyed.

So on the portrait we've had
-Beatrice - The original witch
-Spunky Beatrice - The witch visiting the mansion
-Eva-Beatrice - Eva taking up the mantle
and now "New Girl Beatrice"

She really doesn't resemble anyone on the island to me.....but of course she could represent the younger self of that person.

Quote:
Referring to the image on page 6
Suzushiro Kurumi's art never fails to amaze me.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 17:54   Link #146
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5847324

i found this video on nico and i was wondering if it was real or not...i cant read the text so i have no idea if it spoils or not....i doubt its real but....
Wafflemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 17:59   Link #147
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflemania View Post
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5847324

i found this video on nico and i was wondering if it was real or not...i cant read the text so i have no idea if it spoils or not....i doubt its real but....
It's probably fake. Fact that George, Rudolf, Kyrie and Maria are present in meta-world means it's probably just a parody.
Old 2009-07-05, 17:59   Link #148
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

We are falling for Ryukishi's trap again. We are associating unknown things with known things. The "you are the culprit" might be something trivial like someone stealing a cookie from the jar.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 18:01   Link #149
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm despite Kitsu trying to deny the possibility, I actually like the idea of this girl suddenly showing up at the family conference.

I don't think this goes against any red truth. The person limits only apply to the past games, so this game Beatrice could say that there are no more than 18 people, including this mysterious new character.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 18:03   Link #150
Marion
The Great Dine

It could also be the girl just guessing that someone is the culprit. The statement overall is very ambiguous.
Old 2009-07-05, 18:03   Link #151
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Ah I busted that niconico video in a sec, Battler using "watashi"? Please...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 18:04   Link #152
Kitsu
The unlucky one

And that George scene ... naaa no way
Old 2009-07-05, 18:09   Link #153
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for response:
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 18:21   Link #154
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Ah I busted that niconico video in a sec, Battler using "watashi"? Please...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
And that George scene ... naaa no way
lol i should have known...>.<
Wafflemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 18:55   Link #155
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
ok I finally want to say something as well. did anyone notice this hand????

wth ? is this girl a good character or evil. probably no one would smile like that when having someone death before you..unless you are...... A WITCH or DEMON XD

PS- gomen if someone mentioned this before me , but I'm really to lazy to read all former posts :O
Old 2009-07-05, 19:00   Link #156
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
I think she's a new witch. Remember that most witches (except Lambda and Bern) have blue eyes. So....yeah.

Who's hand? I don't really know.
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 19:44   Link #157
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena Ryuuguu View Post
ok I finally want to say something as well. did anyone notice this hand????
Of course. Haven't you noticed my sig?

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 20:36   Link #158
Rias

There sure were lots of info surfacing these few days...just when I was busy with other stuff I quickly skimmed thru the last 8 pages, and just wanted to add some speculations.

<9 game screenshots. refering to each using numbers from keypad>
1. Timeframe. #5 suggests a pre-oct 4 event, and #6 and #3 can also be past events.
2. #6 doesn't necessary have to link up with #1. They can be talking about different things.
3. #3's "...you are the culprit" remark. While this is intriguing and all, it also could just be nothing. It can be a serious accusation, or just a light joke. I'll be looking forward to that scene in the game.
4. Shipwreck vs red text of 18 people. Again, the shipwreck could've happened before oct 4 that it doesn't affect the 18 people red text (shipwreck person at #6 isn't the same person Nanjo is talking about in #1). Also it could've been one of the 18 (real battler), or Beato can always declare in red with something like "I'm going to add an extra person in the 5th game" before the start of the game. Finally, Shannon = Kanon theory is still around.
5. Of course, could've all be fake, just like the screenshot with Keichi/Belial from pre-ep4

<Potrait>
1. Mysterious girl. It does somewhat resemble Bernkastel...considering the involvement of Okonogi and 13, maybe it's Furude Rika? But Rika has purple eyes in Higurashi (Rena/Keiichi have blue eyes)
2. Left hand, bottom right hand corner. The first thing that reminded me of is L4D. Ryukishi07 was going on about L4D a few days ago when he finished writing ep5
Old 2009-07-05, 20:51   Link #159
Yami Arisu
reach out to the truth

Thehe, I wouldn't take these few screenshots too seriously and make up whole new stories up to it. Ryukishi likes to torture and to troll us, so there. Take it easy guys~

I don't think the "You're the culprit" thing is going to reveal the real murder yet after all. C'mon, it's only the 5th episode, it can't be that easy! |D~ Maybe it's only to provoke someone, idk.

Anyway, I wonder if the girl is really a new Beatrice. Sure she has a portrait like Beato and Eva-Beatrice, however she has nothing on her clothes / with her which resembles the family crest. I mean, Eva-Beatrice had at least that staff.
Another fact which kinda bugs me is that her picture isn't all "pretty and wonderful" as the others. Seems more like there was some kind of fight (curtain, chair, hand), and she's still smiling? Way to go, pretty girl~ Thehe.
Yami Arisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 21:09   Link #160
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Arisu View Post
Thehe, I wouldn't take these few screenshots too seriously and make up whole new stories up to it. Ryukishi likes to torture and to troll us, so there. Take it easy guys~

I don't think the "You're the culprit" thing is going to reveal the real murder yet after all. C'mon, it's only the 5th episode, it can't be that easy! |D~ Maybe it's only to provoke someone, idk.

Anyway, I wonder if the girl is really a new Beatrice. Sure she has a portrait like Beato and Eva-Beatrice, however she has nothing on her clothes / with her which resembles the family crest. I mean, Eva-Beatrice had at least that staff.
Another fact which kinda bugs me is that her picture isn't all "pretty and wonderful" as the others. Seems more like there was some kind of fight (curtain, chair, hand), and she's still smiling? Way to go, pretty girl~ Thehe.
I doubt that at least one of the murderers and their method of murdering won't be revealed. This is after all an Answer arc, so "You are the culprit." COULD very well be directed at one of the murders that happens.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote