AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2010-02-28, 02:15   Link #201
mammothb

the real makoto was an old aquaintance whom yuuichi had a crush on when he was a child. and he only told about his crush to the fox
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 03:03   Link #202
Solafighter
Hige

In episode 10, the final scene with Makoto and Yuichi on the hill.

On the frame, Makoto is still there, the grass is green. After her hand fell and she disappeared, the grass turned into snow or something?
Is that also part of an miracle or has someone an matching theory?
Old 2010-07-15, 20:51   Link #203
asa.hoshi

My first post on these forums =)
So if my question is dumb, just blame it on my newbiness ^^

Question 1- For the whole series Ayu has been trying to "find" something which we later know is
Spoiler for what Ayu is trying to find:
what I don't udnerstand is, what made her brain "tick" aka remember that what she was searching for this whole time was
Spoiler for what Ayu is trying to find:
because all that happened in the 2006 Kanon was Ayu randomly said or so I recall "let me take you to *insert spoiler* today/this afternoon* did I miss something which made her remember?

Question 2 After reading the threads of the episodes on this forum, I cannot help but wonder what is the significance of Akiko's work? Several people mentioned it and that we find out later...anybody care to shed some light because in the end it was a mystery? One critique I have, is that if the mothers place of employment is not going to change the outcome/chain of events in the future why mention she even HAS a job? Wouldn't it just have been easier/more accurate to say "oh Yuichii I'm going to the shops today/ I'm going to visit neighbors/ I'm going to volunteer at the local centre" but when she said she's going to go to work, it never got brought up again....or was it something to catch us off guard? That is, make us over-analyse it for no reason ^^

Question 3 In regards to Ayu's parents. Initially she says they're on vacation, then Yuichii says to Mai as they visit Ayu whilst in hospital that her parents visit every week (end?), but we never see them! Are they dead/alive?

Question 4 This anime is based a lot on superficial things, in regards to Mai's demons- she has the power to heal and we all know that the last demon was "her" or something. What I don't understand is how did the demons come about in the FIRST place. I know it was mentioned in the anime, so no negative comments to KyoAni but I am a bit =/ about it. From what i understood/remember she summoned the demons to ensure Yuichii returns? Or something, no that wasn't it, somebody else have a go haha.

Question 5 In the scene where shiuri (the girl with the illness) runs away from Yuichiiin the fountain scene is it just me or when they zoomed into her seat did anybody think she wet herself/the fountain seating area? LOL, i paused at that scene to examine the likelihood of that, because straight after Yuichii did a "OH NO!" expression, and I figured "is her water broke" =/ she wasn't pregnant.....was she(rhetorical question which I used to break down the situation)? haha, but nah it did look like there was water on her seat which was the snow melted.

Well, thats my questions for now people, and thanks for answering them. Look forward to being an active member here, to talk about what we talk about best
asa.hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 21:08   Link #204
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
In episode 10, the final scene with Makoto and Yuichi on the hill.

On the frame, Makoto is still there, the grass is green. After her hand fell and she disappeared, the grass turned into snow or something?
Is that also part of an miracle or has someone an matching theory?
The way I saw it, in her final moments, Makoto was using the last bit of her power to make the hill seem warm, beautiful and green, like it was in the summers that Yuiichi played with her when she was a fox so long ago. It was all a facade she conjured, and when she finally left, the facade fell, and we're back to the cold snowy hill.

@ asa.hoshi
Spoiler for question 1:

Spoiler for question 2:

Spoiler for question 3:

Spoiler for question 4:

Spoiler for question 5:
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 09:42   Link #205
asa.hoshi

Another question ><

This was broguht up in one of the episode threads but tehre's so many to go through!

When Ayu was near the
Spoiler for location:
she muttered her
Spoiler for what she muttered:
but we didn't hear anything except her lips moved.

I am sure there is a significance of this, and not just a cliffhanger! Somebody i think said
Spoiler for reason behind the muttering:

Thanks!

p.s Komari please do not answer my question, your signature disturbs me

haha kidding (well sort of, your picture DOES disturb me, but nothing against you per se) =P go ahead and answer if you want, I'll have to shut my eyes and peer through my fingers to see your answer and avoid scrolling too low
Old 2010-07-17, 09:43   Link #206
Kudryavka

@asa.hoshi Didn't she wish for Yuiichi to forget about the illusional Ayu?
Old 2010-07-17, 09:50   Link #207
asa.hoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
@asa.hoshi Didn't she wish for Yuiichi to forget about the illusional Ayu?
Wow, spot on that would make PERFECT sense. I didn't even think of that. Because I was surprised at how MODEST Ayu was in wanting the guy of her dreams to all of a sudden "forget" about her for no plausible explanation (correct me on this....there would have been no explanation correct?)

If you could maybe direct me to somewhere in the threads which discuss the two Ayu's in greater detail i'd really appreciate it.

I could ask several other questions just on this topic, but I know they've been mentioned in BITS across SEVERAL threads.

Do you or anyone recall somewhere where its discussed a lot? And I'll read it without having to annoy people on here with my newb questions

Thanks
Old 2010-07-17, 22:26   Link #208
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa.hoshi View Post
Wow, spot on that would make PERFECT sense. I didn't even think of that. Because I was surprised at how MODEST Ayu was in wanting the guy of her dreams to all of a sudden "forget" about her for no plausible explanation (correct me on this....there would have been no explanation correct?)

If you could maybe direct me to somewhere in the threads which discuss the two Ayu's in greater detail i'd really appreciate it.

I could ask several other questions just on this topic, but I know they've been mentioned in BITS across SEVERAL threads.

Do you or anyone recall somewhere where its discussed a lot? And I'll read it without having to annoy people on here with my newb questions

Thanks
@asa.hoshi Try the individual episode discussion threads, specifically the later ones. Also try the Game Discussion thread.
Old 2011-09-09, 23:55   Link #209
vrz

got a question guys.

I know that the 2006 anime is a remake. But is there a reason to watch the older 2002 one?
Do the storys overlap?
vrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 03:43   Link #210
Solafighter
Hige

I would suggest to watch the 2001 season, if you are an hardcore fan.

Otherwise, its not worthy.
Old 2011-09-10, 19:06   Link #211
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The thing that kills the 2002 adaptation is that it looks like crap. I mean if it was called Kanon 1982, that would make more sense.

Other issues include horrific pacing; some characters have ONE episode devoted to them, and it makes a certain arc quite annoying and cruel. 2006 already had very shaky pacing and was rushed in some spots, but 2002 is extremely meh because it has little more than half the episodes to work it, and if 24 was barely enough to be coherent 13 is gonna be a mess. It kinda has that omnibus feel (all arcs are there with minimal continuity). Well it does have panty shots... :S

It is not the best Toei KEY adaptation I'd say; that goes to AIR movie. If you want to watch a rushed incoherent Key anime, there's also Angel Beats which looks a lot better. *

*Kidding... somewhat.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 22:00   Link #212
vrz

hmm thx for that.
so i take it the 2002 was inferior by alot

will prob skip it then
vrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 21:46   Link #213
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I don't know if this will be answered, but:

To any game veterans, would this be a good anime to watch? I'm thinking of breaking my self-ban on anime (watched only Gundam Seed and Angel Beats! in the past ten years) if this was a worthwhile adaptation to watch.

Thank you for your time.
Old 2012-04-26, 10:45   Link #214
Solafighter
Hige

Yes.-----------
Old 2013-01-21, 17:12   Link #215
Kudryavka

Yea this isa good anime to see!