AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 09:08   Link #27761
derrickmc63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Just to inform you (based on my personal experience), the clear Action Base 1 is easier to crack than the usual color such as black. As for the sparkle green, I don't know coz I never own it.
i have the two sparkle green action bases and i they are much more brittle than the black and gray action bases. The one that was holding my 00 QanT cracked, but the one that holds my 00 raiser is holding up fine.
derrickmc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 19:54   Link #27762
Araxiel

I have one of the clear sparkle red action bases. It hasn't cracked yet, but then it hasn't been holding up anything too heavy.

Also, just finished assembling the AGE-1 Spallow HG, my first Age HG after doing the first run of AGs. I have to say, I'm very impressed! The colours look great out of the box, and the posability is absolutely superb [helped, I think, by not having much in the way of awkward armour to restrict the joints]. I usually like to paint everything, but I think for this I'll just repaint the few stickered areas and leave it at that. The stickers on the blade are really the only place where it falls down.
Overall, very satisfied with that purchase. Quite glad the Razor parts don't work on it- it'd be a shame to sacrifice those lovely Spallow limbs!
Old 2012-10-08, 07:27   Link #27763
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ok guys, some of you might remember back then I said that I didn’t understand the appeal of clear kits, right? Well, I’m curious. So, in the end, I bought one clear kit which interest me the most. It’s HG Banshee Destroy clear. Now I’ve done building it.

Btw, I decided to build it as the Novel version coz the HG’s OVA version looks lame, especially the “half-assed” claw which only partly open (why Bandai?! Why?!). In addition, HG Banshee has more variety of poses in the Novel version than OVA version.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images

My verdict:
The kit is good. Some people said that the clear parts are more brittle/fragile than the usual plastic. Well, while I agree that the usual plastic is more flexible which makes it more damage-resistant, the clear parts of this kit is very hard & solid. So much so that it takes a lot of energy just to clean the nubs out of the parts. Thus, I end up spending double the usual time to build a HG just to finish this kit. You also have to be really careful when cleaning those nubs coz one wrong move will leave an obvious white mark/scratch on those clear parts. That’s a big problem unless you plan to paint it anyway (but then, what’s the point of buying clear kits? ). Overall, I really like how it looks because, ironically, this kit is not entirely clear (only the outer armor & glowing/glittery parts which are clear), so you can still see its solid form like a normal kit. I won’t deny that the clear parts look good though.
Old 2012-10-08, 11:33   Link #27764
Se7en Sabers

Looks really good !

The sparkle clear plastic highlights the "Minovksy particle" of the psycho-frame
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 23:17   Link #27765
Zeydra
A random passerby

If SID got a model kit this is what it would look like.

Images

I am so envious, I love SID's design.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com.au/201...tch-build.html

Also, I love that clear Banshee. It just looks...perfect.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 23:23   Link #27766
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Almost!

Spoiler for large image:
Old 2012-10-09, 02:04   Link #27767
Skye629

Anyone know the exact reason why painting red and cleaning nubs on red pieces is an insane pain in the ass? Been doing gunpla since 00's release and this have always evaded me (I hand paint with touchups btw)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 06:38   Link #27768
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Anyone know the exact reason why painting red and cleaning nubs on red pieces is an insane pain in the ass? Been doing gunpla since 00's release and this have always evaded me (I hand paint with touchups btw)
Clean the nubs, thin the paint, and give it multiple layers of that letting it dry between layers.
Old 2012-10-09, 15:32   Link #27769
Appel

Quote:
Well, it depends.
Painting pieces red sucks indeed. Pieces that are molded in a light color like yellow or white aren't a problem but if you are dealing with blue or black pieces you either NEED to prime them or you need to apply many many layers of paint.

However, someone recently made a nice tutorial for this. It is really easy: Spray on a layer of metallic chrome or silver and then spray on the next color. That way you can even paint black pieces white with just two layers of paint! It's amazing^^ You don't even need any primer!

As for cleaning up nub marks, as long as you cut the piece of the sprue at the gate itself and not directly at the piece, then cut it off with a knife and clean the rest with fine sandpaper you shouldnt have a problem. But personally I just use a red marker and I really don't have any problems.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 20:17   Link #27770
Skye629

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/1...del-hobby.html

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYESYESYESYES YES YES YESYES YESYESYES YESYES

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/1...l#comment-form

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 20:43   Link #27771
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/1...del-hobby.html

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYESYESYESYES YES YES YESYES YESYESYES YESYES

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/1...l#comment-form

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!
YEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Now, it's just a matter of time until Tallgeese III and the rest of the Kai Gundams got made .
Old 2012-10-10, 21:00   Link #27772
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

Everyones excited about talgeese, I'm excited about Rozen Zulu!! Yay!!

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...all-japan.html
MoonLightShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 21:13   Link #27773
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonLightShadows View Post
Everyones excited about talgeese, I'm excited about Rozen Zulu!! Yay!!
I'm pretty sure that everybody is excited about both .

Still, I admit that my excitement was more towards Tallgeese. It’s coz, before the confirmation, MG Tallgeese was a big question-mark, while I know that HG Rozen Zulu will absolutely happen .
Old 2012-10-10, 21:36   Link #27774
FalsePrime

HG Zulu is cool, but completely expected given the Unicorn and how extremely popular it is.

MG Tallgeese is both a MG and a suit that they could have easily skipped and gone straight to TG III so there is a good reason for it to be the more hyped of the two at least for now.

Honestly can't wait, will order two and both Wing Zero EW and SF PG's are being pushed given these will now be the first two kits I paint in my new work shop.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 21:37   Link #27775
derrickmc63

the mg nu gundam ver ka. is a must buy. it just looks too damn good. it even has pg styled hands.
mg Tallgeese is also a must buy

Last edited by derrickmc63; 2012-10-10 at 22:08.
derrickmc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 22:25   Link #27776
bio9205
Reborn

Looks like the HG AGE line isn't dead after all - AGE-1 Gransa, Shaldoll Rogue, and AGE-FX Burst have also been announced!

Super excited for HGUC Rozen Zulu. Together with HGUC Byarlant Custom, December is going to be an amazing month.

Last edited by bio9205; 2012-10-10 at 22:59.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 22:52   Link #27777
Zeydra
A random passerby

A bit disappointed with that AGE-FX Burst Mode to be honest. I was hoping they'd swap the funnels for the Beam Sabers it sprouts. And I'm not a fan of the Tallgeese 1, no offence to Tallgeese fans but I've always thought it looked a little bit "dorky", love Tallgeese 2 and 3 though. Just not 1.

I'm loving that Banshee Plating version. If it looks like that out of the box I may have to pick one up. And it's nice to see Gransa getting a High Grade.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 23:59   Link #27778
maknaedik

HG Gransa and HG Rozen Zulu are the only kits I'm interested in buying. Still hoping for an MG of the former though.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 00:46   Link #27779
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow @MG Nu Ka, does that Funnel effect-parts really included in the kit?! I really hope so!

Btw, why Nu’s funnels don’t have the “zap-effect” like MG Hi-nu? Is that an indication that it doesn’t come with the Funnel effect-parts? Oh no!

Just like maknaedik, I also want to see Grandsa+Zefuld in MG along with FX (Burst or not, I don't care).
Old 2012-10-11, 00:52   Link #27780
FalsePrime

Honestly hope they skip the AGE-1 G for MG. If they are going to release more AGE MG's I would perfer new suits from character other then Flit/Asemu/Kio. Another AGE-1 is worthless in my mind and I would just skip over it.

Give me a Wolf or grunt suit if nothing else.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy