AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 33 25.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 23.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.15%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-08, 23:31   Link #121
Fixen
ZnT Translator

Oh...Kagamin is precious. Her tsundere personality is really showing in this ep. Getto Daze, the fan, and the video gaming is awesome. Looks like she's really starting to fight back on Kona since episode 2. It's a real wonder how Kona didn't explode on her at all...she has surprising amounts of tolerance. I'm guessing at some point there would probably be an episode where Kagamin just completely beats down Kona.

Kona in MMORPG as a tank = XD. All the IMing is great too - I think a.f.k. pulled that one off pretty well. I think I learned quite a few Japanese IM conventions from that. This episode kind of shows off her more vulnerable personality traits, especially with her comment on "learning from Tsukasa."

Yui is...sort of boring. She's somewhere in between Kona and Miyuki, and I'm not really sure whether I like the mix. I'm not a big klutzy meganekko person, and making her Kona-hyper doesn't really make it work for me.

9.5/10...which rounds to a 10. -0.5 because I'm as of now completely ignoring Lucky Channel.

Thought question #3: I wonder what other students think of Kona. I'd assume that video game otakus (especially those as quirky as she is) would be more or less ostracized (and she admits she doesn't have real-life friends other than the twins, Miyuki, and possibly Nanako). Kagamin might have a concern for her reputation...hence the "nobody understands you so stop it" reactions.
Old 2007-05-08, 23:51   Link #122
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Woah... my vote is actually the lowest? I suddenly feel a lot of stares.

Well then, time to explain my score of 07/10.

The absence of scene transition problems was a big positive step, but there were still several elements which pulled the score down. Personal bias also played a large factor.

Number one, the introduction of Cousin Yui felt a little unnatural. The VA sounded as though she was still trying to get her bearings. It was not until we saw Cousin Yui in Konata's room did her voice sound... comfortable.

Number two, Lucky Channel is starting to feel a little draggy. The frequency of my amusement over it has been steadily declining, with no noticeable uptick since episode 01. They need to either do something fresh with it, or take a break so as to give the audience a breather. If Lucky Channel can feel stale from its weekly airing, imagine what watching consecutive episodes from the DVDs can do to your enthusiasm.

Number three, and this one is personal bias, there was not enough Kagami moments.

I normally only dish out 08's if an episode made me sufficiently hyped-up, and this was not the case for episode 05. I don't need action for it to happen. I get pretty warm and fuzzy from character development too, but I just wasn't feeling enough of it from this episode.

(09's if the episode can make me go verbal with glee consistently, 10's if it makes me feel blessed)

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-08, 23:52   Link #123
Therion
マテリアルS

I guess nobody looked, or did and never mentioned it, I mean its something totally random so a very interesting coincedence or they did it knowingly, but the rare item Konata gets from a.f.k.'s subs says Demonic Sword Laevateinn.

Though as I said, it could be a random thing or just a little reference to Nanoha...
Old 2007-05-08, 23:56   Link #124
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion View Post
I guess nobody looked, or did and never mentioned it, I mean its something totally random so a very interesting coincedence or they did it knowingly, but the rare item Konata gets from a.f.k.'s subs says Demonic Sword Laevateinn.

Though as I said, it could be a random thing or just a little reference to Nanoha...
Given its mythological origins, probably not. Laevateinn is a pretty common name for swords in games (not to mention spells...).

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-08, 23:57   Link #125
Therion
マテリアルS

Yeah...just a random thing then...ah well

*sighs*
Old 2007-05-08, 23:59   Link #126
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Kyaahahah, the MMO moments is rather similar to my own experiences.
It's a bit hard to understand if you never played one though. I highly agree that we need a MMO episode with Nanako in a mage outfit ^.^
Old 2007-05-09, 00:00   Link #127
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
What was that song from Tales of Phantasia, Yume Wa Orinai, I could see her doing the piano version of that. This one That's what I'd see Miyuki singing. Oh teary eyed, such a good song. WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
cho www oma www natsukashii~

I remember that game! I also remember how much I was in shock when I found out that Arche wasn't a virgin! wwww You should read the novel version of that; it actually describes how Arche lost her virginity to a one night stand in quite detail.
Old 2007-05-09, 00:05   Link #128
ChrissyPie
Hot Stuff

Send a message via AIM to ChrissyPie Send a message via MSN to ChrissyPie
Mmm.. Hello Everyone. :]

I liked this episode a lot. ^^ Mmm, I thought the pokemon reference was funny when Kagami cought the fish. Hehe. Hmm, guessing by the text-set up of the game Konata was playing, I was guessing she was playing Final Fantasy XI. But that is a total guess. >>;;

Anywho, I liked this a lot and I wonder where the new director will take it. =]
Old 2007-05-09, 00:28   Link #129
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Number three, and this one is personal bias, there was not enough Kagami moments.
Admit it; this is the sole reason for the 7 . j/k j/k
Old 2007-05-09, 00:35   Link #130
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Woah... my vote is actually the lowest? I suddenly feel a lot of stares.

Well then, time to explain my score of 07/10.

The absence of scene transition problems was a big positive step, but there were still several elements which pulled the score down. Personal bias also played a large factor.

Number one, the introduction of Cousin Yui felt a little unnatural. The VA sounded as though she was still trying to get her bearings. It was not until we saw Cousin Yui in Konata's room did her voice sound... comfortable.

Number two, Lucky Channel is starting to feel a little draggy. The frequency of my amusement over it has been steadily declining, with no noticeable uptick since episode 01. They need to either do something fresh with it, or take a break so as to give the audience a breather. If Lucky Channel can feel stale from its weekly airing, imagine what watching consecutive episodes from the DVDs can do to your enthusiasm.

I normally only dish out 08's if an episode made me sufficiently hyped-up, and this was not the case for episode 05. I don't need action for it to happen. I get pretty warm and fuzzy from character development too, but I just wasn't feeling enough of it from this episode.

(09's if the episode can make me go verbal with glee consistently, 10's if it makes me feel blessed)

Cheers.
Don't worry, your's truly hasn't seen and rated it yet. It's always possibly I could go lower and take the heat off your back. Then again with the focus being video games I'm likely to go at least a 7 unless they completely botch the jokes.
Old 2007-05-09, 00:40   Link #131
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Must have more Kagami... Tsundere personality in non-romantic situations has never been so interesting!

As for my score, I would rate this highly moreso than every other episode, as its the one that had me laughing in more moments (not necessarily the hardest, since wawawa still takes the cake). Since this show is meant to be a comedy, I'm judging it solely on its comedy, and this one compared to the earlier episodes takes the cake.

@Konata-chan
Spoiler for no spoilers really, but answering the OT question 'So what is it about the group (AFK) that has a cult following?:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-05-09, 00:43   Link #132
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Kaioshin-dono changed his sig??? Now it'll take me weeks to recongize him when he posts...he already changes his avatar as often as I change my sig...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
cho www oma www natsukashii~

I remember that game! I also remember how much I was in shock when I found out that Arche wasn't a virgin! wwww You should read the novel version of that; it actually describes how Arche lost her virginity to a one night stand in quite detail.
Wow, that brings back so many fond memories of playing Tales of Phantasia. I agree, hearing them sing that for the end credits would be made of immense win.

I never knew books and brooms made for such deadly weapons. Also, finding out that Arche wasn't a virgin didn't really come as that much of a shock for me, considering how she acts...remember that scene on the boat to Alvanista?
Old 2007-05-09, 00:44   Link #133
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
the random RPG chat was really fun in this ep boy how nostalgic that i used to be saying stuff like that as well in a group chat sensei doesnt seemed as layed back as i thought though telling kona to do her homework while playing in the gaming world herself O.o

and like others have said Lucky Channel has really begun to dry up (somewat expected >.<)

the end song this time was also a blast from the past...good o' times ^o^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-09, 00:53   Link #134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think I'm becoming a Kagamin worshipper.... "precious" really fits her.

Need to watch a few more times before scoring it.
Old 2007-05-09, 01:03   Link #135
Fixen
ZnT Translator

One more thing...

Konata: "It's not as entertaining when two girls do it."

Nooooooooooooo! What are you saying?! Take that back! >_<;;;
Old 2007-05-09, 01:11   Link #136
ChrissyPie
Hot Stuff

Send a message via AIM to ChrissyPie Send a message via MSN to ChrissyPie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixen View Post
One more thing...

Konata: "It's not as entertaining when two girls do it."

Nooooooooooooo! What are you saying?! Take that back! >_<;;;
XD That made me laugh. xDDDD
Old 2007-05-09, 01:14   Link #137
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

oh man i love tsukasa when she did "><" thingy and I also liked the ending i haven't heard the ending in forever lol DBZ4life!
Old 2007-05-09, 01:45   Link #138
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think this time I'll save a few hundred megabytes of transfer and just wait for the EnA release....
Old 2007-05-09, 02:04   Link #139
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

OK, just watched a.f.k. episode 05. Favorite bits:
Quote:
Konata: "Since you'd be in Yukatas. An it's outdoors."
Kagami: "Okay, that's far enough."
She was two lines away of an X-Rated description .
Quote:
Konata: "It's like i'm getting yelled at by Kagami every day"
Cute because it's the first time I hear Konata acknowledging the role of Kagami in her life .

Quote:
Balsamic Vinegar
I had this same problem with the word "flamingo" a long time ago; flamingo, flamingo...

And Konata's speech at the preview; sounded like Aya Hirano was having fun with this part, specially towards the end. Mad props to her.
Old 2007-05-09, 02:19   Link #140
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Kaioshin-dono changed his sig??? Now it'll take me weeks to recongize him when he posts...he already changes his avatar as often as I change my sig...

Wow, that brings back so many fond memories of playing Tales of Phantasia. I agree, hearing them sing that for the end credits would be made of immense win.

I never knew books and brooms made for such deadly weapons. Also, finding out that Arche wasn't a virgin didn't really come as that much of a shock for me, considering how she acts...remember that scene on the boat to Alvanista?
Is that the infamous Beta Translation that had Klarth talking to Cless about which girl he prefers, Mint and her huge breasts and woman-like demeanor (Satomi Koorogi doing her voice makes this all the more ass backwards), or Arche and her flighty nature, followed by "I don't know about Mint, but I bet that Arche F**** Like A Tiger". That's one of my friends favourite talking points about the game. To bad it's gone in the final patch.

Arche was also like the ultimate cheap ass character because there'd be enemies in Moria Gallery that would take out the whole party and she'd be just hanging out up there, completely out of the enemies range on her broom casting Meteor Swarm and extinction.

Finishing off my part of the discussion once and for all on the Karaoke bit, I think I'm still the only one who really truly does not like this weeks ending them. Maybe if they keep things normal from now on it won't bother me as much, because it this point it feels like Kyoto is sending me the message that shows I happen to like such as Action/Sentai/Non-Comedy Mecha aren't deserving of a good try Karaoke at the bare minimum (That my demographic isn't as important), but that things they are involved in don't even deserve to be sung by any of the characters, but by the voice actor herself in full-blown all out effort mode.

Though I may get my answer to whether or not they are playing favourites with their own works in this episode, as apparently Konata sings Hare Hare Yukai in this episode for a bit. I guess I'll know for sure what the game is depending on whether she does a lazy rendition (Ha Ha I'm just mumbling the song as I go along) of it or if she morphs into a Aya Hirano LIVE singing voice for it. Might as well just watch the A.F.K sub as I'm burning to know.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-09 at 02:30.
Closed Thread