AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 07:58   Link #21001
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
well yeah, regular glue sucks, thats true. however, to build models you use cement! this kind of glue melts the plastic and fuses the two pieces together. and because of that you dont need a lot and it dries very quickly!
usually i hate glue, too but this is actually pretty comfortable^^
it still was a pain in the ass though because the ikaruga has so many tiny parts XP it was still fun overall though.
i wonder how well the zoid will work...

but i will definitely stick to bandai in the future. their quality is simply the best!

thanks :P i know its not a gundam but i figured i should share the result anyway^^

after lunch i will start on my deathscythe hell! the parts are dry now and the black turned out quite lovely^^ i really cant wait to see it all put together!
so jealous ..... since i already finish my PG, so i guess if i have the mood later today, i could work on MG Shenglong...... i also check my package status, i doubt i will receive it next tuesday.....but hopefully i will be within next week
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 08:20   Link #21002
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
so jealous ..... since i already finish my PG, so i guess if i have the mood later today, i could work on MG Shenglong...... i also check my package status, i doubt i will receive it next tuesday.....but hopefully i will be within next week
that really sucks for you :T i SO hate to wate for a package...
i really hope my next 2 packages will arrive next week. i was actually way more excited about the unicorns gatling guns than i was about the deathscythe^^ i wanted those for a long time but i never saw them at a good price.
and for the zoid, it looks kinda bad that that will arrive next week, the guys at HLJ are currently counting their inventory so there are some delays with the orders. i got the order confirmation but no payment- or shipping info yet... oh well :T
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 14:16   Link #21003
Appel

here is my deathscythe hell EW:

it was fun to put together and with the beam scythe in its hand it doesnt even have any real weight issues.
and for those who are wondering, there is no problem with the mouth guard anymore, at least mine didnt have that problem.
all black parts are colored by the way. i sprayed them black and put on a flat top coat (i suggest that you do the same because in my opinion the black plastic looks terrible out of the box...).
i wont put on any decals though because i really like the clean look of it!^^ but im no fan of the decals that come with it, anyway.

articulation is good for the frame itself but very limited once you put on the armor, the big shoulders and the wings.

but all in all its an awesome model, especially if you are a fan of duo's gundams^^
Old 2011-07-03, 15:06   Link #21004
Araxiel

An open question for the forum;

What kind of pen do you use for your panel lines? I've been using black paint and a fine brush, but that's not been working out nearly as well as I'd hoped. I've tried fine-point Sharpies and fineliner pens [on a spare part, don't worry] and neither of those were satisfactory either.
Old 2011-07-03, 15:07   Link #21005
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post

What kind of pen do you use for your panel lines? I've been using black paint and a fine brush, but that's not been working out nearly as well as I'd hoped. I've tried fine-point Sharpies and fineliner pens [on a spare part, don't worry] and neither of those were satisfactory either.
I use Gundam Markers for the fine lines.
Old 2011-07-03, 15:25   Link #21006
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post

i use a permanent fineliner.
enamel paint and thinner works well on pieces that you have applied top coat though^^ thats how i lined my freedom model that i painted.

edit:
and here they are all together

Last edited by Appel; 2011-07-03 at 17:57.
Old 2011-07-03, 18:14   Link #21007
skyboy928

Quote:
i use a permanent fineliner.
enamel paint and thinner works well on pieces that you have applied top coat though^^ thats how i lined my freedom model that i painted.

edit:
and here they are all together

awesome!!! i want mine now!!!!

but looking at this Deathscythe Hell don't give me a MG feel to it, it still almost look exactly like the HG long ago..... even the scythe itself
Old 2011-07-03, 18:20   Link #21008
Appel

Quote:
awesome!!! i want mine now!!!!

but looking at this Deathscythe Hell don't give me a MG feel to it, it still almost look exactly like the HG long ago..... even the scythe itself
believe me, when you build it you would think differently^^ this one really deserves the title "master grade".
the wing mechanism is a little boring and pretty much HG standard. the scythe is indeed a little plain but it has a lot of weight to it and it locks into the hand very well.
everything just works the way its supposed to while having a great amount of details, thats what seperates it from an HG kit^^

Last edited by Appel; 2011-07-03 at 18:45.
Old 2011-07-03, 20:19   Link #21009
skyboy928

Quote:
believe me, when you build it you would think differently^^ this one really deserves the title "master grade".
the wing mechanism is a little boring and pretty much HG standard. the scythe is indeed a little plain but it has a lot of weight to it and it locks into the hand very well.
everything just works the way its supposed to while having a great amount of details, thats what seperates it from an HG kit^^
you just making me want to get my hand on it even more, why can't next week come faster......
anyway, i ended up didn't work on my Shenglong. instead i just slap some pics of the PG 00....... here are some of them

i gotta say, this is one of the most interesting PG i have put together so far, but also not too stable...... without the base is pretty hard to make it stand on it own. it keep me wonder if it will fall off the shelf when i was away..........
Old 2011-07-04, 04:03   Link #21010
Appel

it looks awesome but it really doesnt look that stable :P i think its a bad sign if you actually have to worry about your model falling down when you are not looking XD
Old 2011-07-04, 07:52   Link #21011
skyboy928

i guess i will have to readjust all my shelf, make it so i could put it with the base.
Old 2011-07-04, 15:51   Link #21012
skyboy928

woke up wait too early today, instead of readjust the shelf, i ended up put together the MG Shenlong ver. EW, i was thinking to wait till i have Epyon and Deathscythe Hell, before posting, i guess i'm pretty bore

but there one thing i don't like about this kit, the hand........ why they did it like HG......
Old 2011-07-04, 20:21   Link #21013
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

I'm not sure if its the original gundam colors and no huge wings, But MG Shenlong is my favorite gundam from Gundam Wing. (i'm also thinking of maybe getting MG Deathscythe Hell as well too even though it has big wings)
Old 2011-07-04, 20:33   Link #21014
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonLightShadows View Post
I'm not sure if its the original gundam colors and no huge wings, But MG Shenlong is my favorite gundam from Gundam Wing. (i'm also thinking of maybe getting MG Deathscythe Hell as well too even though it has big wings)
this is EW ver., for that it have no huge wings, the one that have it was the TV series version. however i think they really should have rename the EW ver. after all it have no longer feature 2 dragon head.
Old 2011-07-05, 04:05   Link #21015
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Yay I can get my full 5 W Gundams soon Link to GG

Would have preferred news on a Nataku though
Old 2011-07-05, 04:09   Link #21016
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Yay I can get my full 5 W Gundams soon Link to GG

Would have preferred news on a Nataku though
i want the heavy arms kai :c
also, i think we will have to wait on the nataku a little more, they didnt annouce anything about that yet
Old 2011-07-05, 05:56   Link #21017
skyboy928

Quote:
i want the heavy arms kai :c
also, i think we will have to wait on the nataku a little more, they didnt annouce anything about that yet
me too, i like Heavy Arms Kai as well, it just look so much better, the only one that i don't like much is Sandrock. but of course i will still get it just so i could have the whole set, lol now wonder if they will release Tallgeese as well, i will be damn.
guess it's time to start saving again
Old 2011-07-05, 06:03   Link #21018
skyboy928

interesting, look what i just saw over at HLJ

Spoiler for Robot Damashii Tallgeese III:
Old 2011-07-05, 06:32   Link #21019
Appel

Quote:
me too, i like Heavy Arms Kai as well, it just look so much better, the only one that i don't like much is Sandrock. but of course i will still get it just so i could have the whole set, lol now wonder if they will release Tallgeese as well, i will be damn.
guess it's time to start saving again
i will probably pick up all upgrade versions of the suits from the EW movie. i already have wing zero and the deathscythe hell, might as well get the other 3 :P

Quote:
interesting, look what i just saw over at HLJ

Spoiler for Robot Damashii Tallgeese III:
yeah, that one has been announced a while ago^^ im no huge fan of action figures though but the robot damashii ones are supposed to be pretty neat!
Old 2011-07-05, 07:59   Link #21020
skyboy928

Quote:
i will probably pick up all upgrade versions of the suits from the EW movie. i already have wing zero and the deathscythe hell, might as well get the other 3 :P

yeah, that one has been announced a while ago^^ im no huge fan of action figures though but the robot damashii ones are supposed to be pretty neat!
since robot damashii is releasing Tallgeese, so chance are pretty high to see that in MG as well.
i guess out of all these new MG from Wing Gundam, the only one i might not be getting is the Wing itself, since i did have them when they first release in MG, i even have the Wing ver. Ka already. but all the other i will definitely get it.

once they finish release for Wing Gundam, which series will be the next?
personally i hope to see more G-Gundam.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy