Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-16, 06:53   Link #261
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Did I miss any clues so far?
Aside from Archer's tea-making skillz, I don't think so.
Old 2006-01-16, 06:54   Link #262
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
As for Archer, we also have one clue. He is an Archer who fights with twin swords, one light and one dark. Honestly I'm a bit knackered trying to figure it out, but perhaps Arjuna fits the bill. He was primarily an Archer, but it was hard to top his skill with the sword as well. If he is Arjuna, then he might not be bragging when he tells Rin that he is the best. Arjuna was the greatest hero of Indian myth, a man of both phenomenal skill and great wisdom.

Did Arjuna also excel at making tea by any chance? <_<;
Old 2006-01-16, 07:01   Link #263
Paracelsus

That might be another clue that he's Arjuna <_<

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea#India

Tea is very popular in India, and we imported tea from there
Old 2006-01-16, 07:53   Link #264
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
With Lancer, we have one clue. Archer said that there can be only one lance user this good in the world. Obviously there is a lot of subjective belief in the skill of mythological lancers, but I'll go out on a limb and say Charlemagne who nearly conquered the world while holding the spear Longinus. He only died because he accidently let go of that spear.
If it was Charlemagne, I think he'll be holding on the Longinus all the time since letting go of it causes his downfall in the first place, you'll think he be more careful in his afterlife. But we see Lancer materialising and de-materialising his spear.

Regarding Archer, perhaps you should reserve your opinion when you see more of him in combat. But if he was Arjuna, being wise, humble and all that, I believe he'll not brag about his skills to Rin.
Old 2006-01-16, 08:36   Link #265
vin.dictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Aside from Archer's tea-making skillz, I don't think so.
The vintage of Lancer's earrings? But my knowledge of jewellery is poor.

A few years ago (around 14), my friends and I walked into Goldmark, and I asked what a stud was then they showed me the most expensive one. I look at the diamond thing and I was like, 'Hmm.... pretty cheap'. Only when I looked at the tag when I noticed it was $149.99! (AUD)

What a bargain!

60% off too!

Moving on~! (I'm tuckered out from the "Supernatural" debut on Australian TV, chatting and all )

Fate/stay night; episode 2: Initially impressed with the story-telling and how things have unfolded to the end of the episode. It meets my expectations so far although some better views of the Lancer x Archer fight would be niice. Ahh well. I'm happy either way. =)

Last edited by vin.dictive; 2006-01-16 at 08:47.
Old 2006-01-16, 09:26   Link #266
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

How ironic. My first impression of Lancer in the game then was one of Charlemagne's paladins, Roland. However, I quickly withdrew that thought as none of Lancer's character seem to fit an honourable paladin or a respected royalty. And Lancer is argubly one of the hardest class to really guess as there isn't that many spearman that stands out with their spear. A lot of mythological/medieval warriors are skilled in the arts of weaponry. I thought of Odin and Gungnir, but Lancer didn't have one eye and grey hair. Ironically, Lancer is one of the 2 classes I guessed correctly. It's not too hard really if you factor in his personality.

And when Archer was first mentioned, the first thing that came into my mind was Robin Hood. Of course, Archer's outward looks automatically kills my thought. When I saw him with the dual blades, I was thinking of Tun Beraim Bapa, a Malay warrior. Tun Beraim Bapa, while the son of royalty is said to have a strong pride and is extremely proud of his own capabilities. He's only humble in front of his father. He was said to be a master of all weapons, though he favours his twin swords that he used to showcase his ability to the foreigners by slashing a banana tree into 6 pieces in one cut. I thought of Hang Tuah too, but Archer isn't 7 foot tall and humble.

And Saber.......I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who thought of Joan of Arc.
Old 2006-01-16, 09:48   Link #267
Mr. Guy

Quote:
And Saber.......I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who thought of Joan of Arc.
Oi, my guess as well.
Spoiler for For sarcastic remark that could be considered a hint to a game spoiler!:

I didn't even dare take a guess on Lancer, my knowledge of mystical lancer users is quite limited. But as for looks, I really don't think we can base off the Servant's true identity by what they look like. So even if the looks are way off I'd think one should still entertain the idea.
Old 2006-01-16, 12:01   Link #268
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind

Quote:
Just watched episode 2, so I want to make some speculation about the identities of Archer and Lancer. Obviously, those who have knowlege because of the game can just keep silent on the matter. I love to speculate on this sort of thing because it makes me wrack my brain for knowlege of myth and history

With Lancer, we have one clue. Archer said that there can be only one lance user this good in the world. Obviously there is a lot of subjective belief in the skill of mythological lancers, but I'll go out on a limb and say Charlemagne who nearly conquered the world while holding the spear Longinus. He only died because he accidently let go of that spear.

As for Archer, we also have one clue. He is an Archer who fights with twin swords, one light and one dark. Honestly I'm a bit knackered trying to figure it out, but perhaps Arjuna fits the bill. He was primarily an Archer, but it was hard to top his skill with the sword as well. If he is Arjuna, then he might not be bragging when he tells Rin that he is the best. Arjuna was the greatest hero of Indian myth, a man of both phenomenal skill and great wisdom.

You missed one, Lancer doesn't have a clue who Archer is, having never heard of a dual-sword wielding archer before. While Archer is pretty sure who Lancer is. So, what does tell you, that Archer was born after Lancer died (and mostly signifantly so. if he were to know about Lancer's legend)
Old 2006-01-16, 12:25   Link #269
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus
And how can one class (Saber) be stronger than the others? Thats called an unbalanced game. There should be weaknesses and advantages like casters should do most damage but since they wear cloth, they die the easiest and warriors should deal less damage but be able to take more damage in return.
The Servants are actually very balanced.

Spoiler for Servant description, possible spoiler? just in case:
Old 2006-01-16, 12:25   Link #270
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

For those 2 identities, I kept thinking they are Robin Hood and Lancelot (Who doesn't use a lance...go figure) but then I realized that all the famous heroes cannot come from the same place. . That's just plain boring. So I gotta look farther. I didn't know the whole Charlemagne legend. I gotta look that up.
Old 2006-01-16, 12:32   Link #271
Paracelsus

oh...well, let's just call shinji an a** from now on <_<

QUESTION:

Quote:
Lancer reeks badass-ness in just one episode. Shinji does not.
how the heck do you know that? Playing the game? The game isn't divided into episodes, as much as I know

If there's something i should watch, or read, please tell me.
Old 2006-01-16, 12:55   Link #272
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
How ironic. My first impression of Lancer in the game then was one of Charlemagne's paladins, Roland. However, I quickly withdrew that thought as none of Lancer's character seem to fit an honourable paladin or a respected royalty. And Lancer is argubly one of the hardest class to really guess as there isn't that many spearman that stands out with their spear. A lot of mythological/medieval warriors are skilled in the arts of weaponry. I thought of Odin and Gungnir, but Lancer didn't have one eye and grey hair. Ironically, Lancer is one of the 2 classes I guessed correctly. It's not too hard really if you factor in his personality.
Zhao Yun form the Romance of the Three Kingdom was pretty handie with a spear as well. Legend has it, he fought his way through a million man army with his spear.

Yua Fei, a Chinese General was form the Southern Sung Dynasty was also pretty good with a spear. legend has his spear was agift form the gods. On his way back to the Capital where he going to be excute shortly by a traitor. A monster rose out of the river in front of the Ship he was traveling on and took back the spear.

Also form Three Kingdoms a short list of famous Spear users:

Ma Chao
Lu Bu
Zhang Fei

Quote:
First name that came to me when I saw her.

Side Note on the VA: Anyone else thought Kaede's VA would suite Sakura a lot better. Not that Sakura's VA is bad but after hearing Kaede's va so much in Shuffle and noticing how similar the characters are. I just expcet to hear Kaede's VA and it don't help that Asa's VA is also in it.
Old 2006-01-16, 13:01   Link #273
Paracelsus

Xellos, I noticed that when she talked for the first time. She is the official FSN Kaede -_-

Voice, behaviour, habits...

Moreover, here it's full of spears, bows, katanas....no more boxcutters -_-

Man, I'm scared o_o
Old 2006-01-16, 13:16   Link #274
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Xellos, I noticed that when she talked for the first time. She is the official FSN Kaede -_-

Voice, behaviour, habits...

Moreover, here it's full of spears, bows, katanas....no more boxcutters -_-

Man, I'm scared o_o
Sabre and Rin better watch out It is the nice quiet ones that always go berserk on you.
Old 2006-01-16, 13:55   Link #275
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
oh...well, let's just call shinji an a** from now on <_<

QUESTION:

how the heck do you know that? Playing the game? The game isn't divided into episodes, as much as I know

If there's something i should watch, or read, please tell me.
I think he meant that in ep 2 Lancer was pretty badass when he was fighting where as Shinji was just being a prick
Old 2006-01-16, 13:57   Link #276
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Sakura's reaction after seeing blood on Shirou's hand after his explanation was still unusual. If it was Kaede she would run circle saying, "Rin-kun, chiga."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightengle
ding ding ding.. Admittedly, that was my first thought. Hopefully, she won't be burned in a stake later on.
Old 2006-01-16, 14:26   Link #277
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
The VA for Sakura i think is already strikingly close to Kaede's and even her actions are kind of Kaedeish however they are still very different... If you play the game or read the ending summaries you would know...

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
Old 2006-01-16, 14:59   Link #278
Paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
The VA for Sakura i think is already strikingly close to Kaede's and even her actions are kind of Kaedeish however they are still very different... If you play the game or read the ending summaries you would know...
It's useless to go ...I've never played the game nor have the slightest idea of where I can find those summaries...plus, thanks to the cgs i know how far sakura can get (and i don't mean the h...)

Moreover

Spoiler for quote from another forum /GAME SPOILERS:

I need some serious explanation about it
Old 2006-01-16, 15:08   Link #279
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
It's useless to go ...I've never played the game nor have the slightest idea of where I can find those summaries...plus, thanks to the cgs i know how far sakura can get (and i don't mean the h...)

Moreover

Spoiler for quote from another forum /GAME SPOILERS:

I need some serious explanation about it
I need to find a better FSN cg collection. I don't think I have any stuff for Sakura.

Since we are on the subject, are there any H-scenes for Caster and Rider. They are Hot

*wants to make contract with both
Old 2006-01-16, 15:10   Link #280
Paracelsus

you're lucky Xellos, I got the full set ;o
Closed Thread