4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.66%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-15, 23:57   Link #281
Darkeyesrina

Send a message via AIM to Darkeyesrina Send a message via MSN to Darkeyesrina
You know what might be the best turn around in the plot right now, and that I swear I will go OMFG! about it:

If they actually show that Suzaku was the one that killed Shirley's father when he used the VARIS to clean the way to save Cornelia.
Darkeyesrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 00:14   Link #282
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeyesrina View Post
You know what might be the best turn around in the plot right now, and that I swear I will go OMFG! about it:

If they actually show that Suzaku was the one that killed Shirley's father when he used the VARIS to clean the way to save Cornelia.
LOL!! That is superb, don't know how you came up with it. It would be totally freaking awesome. Wonder what would Susaku said after that speech he made at the funeral lol.

AND that way Shirley will most likely live pass next episode. LOL Now we will have another Fray x Kira thing lol
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 01:33   Link #283
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
LOL!! That is superb, don't know how you came up with it. It would be totally freaking awesome. Wonder what would Susaku said after that speech he made at the funeral lol.
"How the freaking hell should I know your daddy is there? Its Zero's fault that starts it!!!! "

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 01:35   Link #284
anselfir
Style Über Alles

o m g i forgot about the kira-fllay connection. Maybe Shirley will turn psycho now? o.O
Old 2007-01-16, 01:42   Link #285
Darkeyesrina

Send a message via AIM to Darkeyesrina Send a message via MSN to Darkeyesrina
Actually Quina, wouldn't that actually make Shirley want to join the OotBK and help destroy the Lancelot?

(BTW where you being sarcasting? ^^; )
Darkeyesrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 01:57   Link #286
tritoch

Its actually the reverse to how Fllay wanted it. Shirley will want the OotBK to cease whereas Fllay would want Lulu to go and create carnage.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 02:52   Link #287
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Well since I dont think the racial divide is as severe in Geass as it is in SEED, the only connection I can see is that Fllay and Shirley (potentially) would both want their respective main characters to die in some way. But I suppose Geass is a "reinterpretation" of SEED, so things might turn out very differently.
Old 2007-01-16, 03:00   Link #288
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Lulu needs a better Knightmare. That hunk of heap is crapping out. I don't think his skills are worse than Cornelia, but the difference in abilities of the mecha was clearly shown a couple times already.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 03:36   Link #289
mangastuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

So if one does not condone the actions of the country he is working for, does condemning similar actions done by another individual be actually called hypocrisy? Nope, that's called consistency. Suzaku does not like how Britannia acts, and thus he has every right to condemn Zero, who's actions are as bad and sometimes even worse than what Britannia actually does.

Remember, Suzaku is not fighting FOR Britannia, but rather he's fighting for the recognition one gets by fighting WITH Britannia. He might be very vocal against Zero's actions, but every move Suzaku has made ever since he became an honored brittanian was to change Britannia's 'evil' ways. So while he might not condemn Britannia verbally, he's still doing something that effectively says that he does condemn Britannian's way anyways. As they say, actions speak louder than words.
It reminds me one real case: a robber, in the court, said that he was there for years to save and convince his <brother or sth, dun remember> to quit. However, when convestigating, they found that his role in the group has become essencial with more and more crimes

Suzaku does not like how Britannia acts, but he obeys his Britannian Lords'orders, and thus he has NO right to condemn Zero. And yes, actions speak louder than words - in fact his words are good but did he really do sth to change his evil army ? Or just obeys them to climb up ? "Climbing up the army to change its evilness" is just a lame excuse

Beside, he knows the Britannia is bad, and incompetent, but he kindly brings them oppotunity to change (by taking Numbers' oppotunity to live). On the other hand, say, if he thinks the OoBK is also bad (but not as bad as the Britannia), why doesn't he want to leave any oppotunity for them to change ? Hey, Suzaku, don't point the gun trying to kill Zero and his OoBK, join them and make them better if you can leave your life full of princesses now (No, I don't like this perspective, just ask Mr Goody Goody about "equal oppotunity - but maybe he has follow the King's theory )

Quote:
--
"How the freaking hell should I know your daddy is there? Its Zero's fault that starts it!!!! "
Nice imagination

Oh, I like Kallen (or Karen) even more. Her willing to go to hell and back with Zero is so ... hm ... sweet
mangastuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 03:37   Link #290
seraphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So if one does not condone the actions of the country he is working for, does condemning similar actions done by another individual be actually called hypocrisy? Nope, that's called consistency. Suzaku does not like how Britannia acts, and thus he has every right to condemn Zero, who's actions are as bad and sometimes even worse than what Britannia actually does.

Try to see it from his POV, so bear with me here.

I think I already established that Suzaku does not like the way Britannia is right now, and I'm sure everyone knows that Suzaku does not like Zero. Why does he not like either of them? Because both treat civilian lives as an expendable tool to further their goals. Taking this further, he must not also not like the JLF because they too did the same at Narita.

There is one thing you do not understand.......
The thing that is really bothersome with suzaku is not that he "hates" zero, nor that he doesnt say much about britannia, but that he keeps nagging at zero very much like a kid for being not rigth while "he and the armie" are rigth and that his goal about changing britannia is impossible(and he does nothing for it either ). Well he didnt say it out loud like this, but by always saying this is not justice! shouting everywhere he can that zero is wrong, he's showing nothing but his child like attitude of wanting to be rigth by proving that somebody else is wrong.

To me it feels like suzaku has a fixation on zero, like he is venting all his anger,frustation on him because he reminds him of something he doesnt like....

I could even go as far as saying that when he says to zero at the end of ep13 after knocking him out "zero this is another result" that in fact he is speaking :
1)to himself coz he wants to convince himself that what he does is usefull in a way.
2)to his dead father that he migth have killed because he wasnt agreeing with his father POV

Anyways the way he speaks to zero while bashing him is not really convincing.... he just keeps shouting "you are wrong", "its your fault"....... thats a child like argument ..... (but for zero defence its quite normal to shout and being upset about an invincible mecha always jumping in the nick of time).

In conclusion, suzaku is a coward and a hypocrite because he is venting all his anger frustation on zero because its easy. IT s too easy easy to call zero a murderer and blame everything on him.......... To my eyes using people that are already dead is not murder but its much easier for suzaku conscience to think that zero killed them all and the armie did nothing.........
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 03:58   Link #291
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
There is one thing you do not understand.......
The thing that is really bothersome with suzaku is not that he "hates" zero, nor that he doesnt say much about britannia, but that he keeps nagging at zero very much like a kid for being not rigth while "he and the armie" are rigth and that his goal about changing britannia is impossible(and he does nothing for it either ). Well he didnt say it out loud like this, but by always saying this is not justice! shouting everywhere he can that zero is wrong, he's showing nothing but his child like attitude of wanting to be rigth by proving that somebody else is wrong.

To me it feels like suzaku has a fixation on zero, like he is venting all his anger,frustation on him because he reminds him of something he doesnt like....

I could even go as far as saying that when he says to zero at the end of ep13 after knocking him out "zero this is another result" that in fact he is speaking :
1)to himself coz he wants to convince himself that what he does is usefull in a way.
2)to his dead father that he migth have killed because he wasnt agreeing with his father POV

Anyways the way he speaks to zero while bashing him is not really convincing.... he just keeps shouting "you are wrong", "its your fault"....... thats a child like argument ..... (but for zero defence its quite normal to shout and being upset about an invincible mecha always jumping in the nick of time).

In conclusion, suzaku is a coward and a hypocrite because he is venting all his anger frustation on zero because its easy. IT s too easy easy to call zero a murderer and blame everything on him.......... To my eyes using people that are already dead is not murder but its much easier for suzaku conscience to think that zero killed them all and the armie did nothing.........
I totally agree with you. suzaku needs to grow up. stop blaming others and start making things better yourself! don't be a crybaby and blame everything on Zero. he did not start the war, he's just trying to end it his way. at least he's doing something, unlike Suzaku who's just a coward going with the crowd.

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 05:14   Link #292
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeyesrina View Post

Yeah because Shirle0y father was way up the mountain and a little hole completely untouched by all the debris just waiting to be disinteegrated by VARIS... wait

Quote:
To my eyes using people that are already dead is not murder but its much easier for suzaku conscience to think that zero killed them all and the armie did nothing.........
Do dead people can't be used to label the on who is directly responsible for their death because they're dead? :O

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 05:55   Link #293
seraphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post

Do dead people can't be used to label the on who is directly responsible for their death because they're dead? :O
Could you please rephrase it? because this is not english that I understand.
Old 2007-01-16, 05:56   Link #294
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Hey look what you wrote and then talk about english that can't be understoond <_<

Old 2007-01-16, 07:57   Link #295
seraphon

lol At least my phrases are grammatically correct for most of them.
But I do admit there must be some errors for I m writing without rereading myself.

And my question was genuin you know. I really didnt understand what you said. It didnt make any sense
Old 2007-01-16, 08:06   Link #296
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Misunderstanding. It means nothing, forget about it.

Old 2007-01-16, 08:59   Link #297
FozzieBlair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Yeah because Shirle0y father was way up the mountain and a little hole completely untouched by all the debris just waiting to be disinteegrated by VARIS... wait
They never really show how far down the mountain cornelia, kallen, lelouch, and the little hypocrite where fighting.

Nor do they say how far up the mountain Shirley's dad was or what his purpose was (military contractor mayyyyyybeeeeeeeee?).

Also recall that the landslide obliterated the town, perhaps the pursuit of cornelia went down into the fringes of the destroyed town.

I don't think it will happen (kind of a weak plot twist), however maybe more info will be revealed and Shirley's dad was lying to her about his job? Maybe he was more involved with the military than he ever told her? While not expected such a plot twist would not be ruled out by what they revealed in Ep.11.
FozzieBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 09:07   Link #298
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Agreed, nice to see Suzaku win one for a change.
Spoiler for 1 thing:
WTF?

suzaku is as Kira with ahacksuki! grhhh overpowered! shudfhsufhsfsfjh#%#^^$#$

and the BG music in this eps is SOOO powerful that I have to look for that song right away... so beautiful

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mgz; 2007-01-16 at 09:17.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 09:34   Link #299
evanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Also, Shirley is a good character. She is kind hearted, and realizes her own mistakes (apologizing to Lulu for the forced kiss). She also doesn't sprout idealistic nonsense and acts very much like a normal girl.
Frankly, I don't think it was all that forced. It seems like after she locked lips with him, he pulled her closer after a pause. Sure, she initiated it but he didn't pull away or just stand there.
evanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 10:08   Link #300
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
To my eyes using people that are already dead is not murder but its much easier for suzaku conscience to think that zero killed them all and the armie did nothing.........
Although at first glance this doesn't make much sense, I think I finally figured out what you mean here. Those JLF would have gotten killed anyway even if Zero had not caused it first, and quite a bit had been shot down by the Britannian army already. The way you phrase it is rather confusing though.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote