Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-01, 12:26   Link #141
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, I still feel pretty certain that Moria isn't out of the picture yet. Yeah, he got punched by Jinbei, but there was still nothing to suggest that he was put down for the count. Actually, I'm starting to wonder if it's possible for Moria to adapt the abilities from the shadows he absorbs, as well. I mean, if it could happen to Luffy, then it should be more than possible for the shadow man himself. If that's the case, then his fight with Jinbei is probably far from over (at least, I hope that's the case).......
I just read the chapter and I think it's definitely safe to say that Moria is far from finished. These spoiler providers always tend to exaggerate on things and that misleads a lot of people (I was one of them). Next time, I will reserve my judgement for when I read the actual chapter. Sorry about that marvelB. I got carried away before .

Also, Moria didn't use Shadows Asgard. He just literally stuffed himself with a handful of shadows to give himself a power boost and enhanced endurance. Since that's the case, I take back what I said about him not learning from his mistake against Luffy. He seems a lot more agile and not nearly as big, akin to what Nightmare Luffy was like. Now that is a good and smart way to utilize his power.

Imagine this though. At Thriller Bark, if Moria impaled Luffy with his pair of scissors when he was trapped inside of the shadow box, Luffy would've been killed without a doubt. That is a deadly combination right there because the victim cannot do anything to escape.
Old 2009-10-01, 12:27   Link #142
seiji_kun

I hope Binktopia's with cnet's translation is up somewhere fast to have full enjoyment of this chapter. I'm really starting to hate Franky House their translation these days cause it's full of mistranslations when you compare it with the better translators out there.

I really wonder how you can go from "Hancock do you plan to abandon the shichibukai" to "Hancock why aren't you doing your job as a shichibukai". Or an obvious one like "Revolutionary Army commander Emporio Ivankov" to "Emporio Ivankov, leader of the revolutionary army". And tons of others.

Do they even know the material they're scanlating? The leader is Dragon not Ivankov. When you make such obvious mistakes, it annoys me when I know I should be grateful as a leecher that they are scans of it at all but still... Time that Luffy and his crew go bust up Franky House! (j/k)

Quote:
The more I look at that pic of Doflamingo, the more certain I am that he's sitting on a pile of (what might be) corpses. I find that creepy, yet pretty badass at the same time.......
He is, and it's just to awesome. Doflamingo just proofs how cool he is each chapter. One hell of a bastard . Mocking Ivankov and sitting on a pile of corpses, it doesn't get much better then that, or at second thought with that guy it probably does.
Old 2009-10-01, 12:36   Link #143
james0246

@Blackbeard: Why isn't it Asgard? Simply because he uses dozens of shadows instead of hundreds? I always read Asgard as simply being the name for Moria doing what Luffy did (had done to him).

That being said, while Moria goes all white eyed, this does not appear to be his end (good I still want to see Doppleman in the sunlight). So, here's hoping he will appear again later.

As for Kuma...maybe DoFlamingo has some way of controlling him (considering that he gets a kick out of turning allies against each other)? Kuma being controlled somehow seems likely, but I would preffer it to be less "total" than Vegapunk simply rewriting Kuma's brain...
Old 2009-10-01, 12:38   Link #144
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well I suppose the fact the current Kuma is possibly a robot re-incarnate of the previous one seems to be the case. Vegapunk must've salvaged his corpse or something and added the cybernetic enhancements.

Smoker attacking Luffy certainly was nostalgic, a lot of this arc has been a nostalgia treasure trove.~
Old 2009-10-01, 12:39   Link #145
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I hope Binktopia's with cnet's translation is up somewhere fast to have full enjoyment of this chapter. I'm really starting to hate Franky House their translation these days cause it's full of mistranslations when you compare it with the better translators out there.

I really wonder how you can go from "Hancock do you plan to abandon the shichibukai" to "Hancock why aren't you doing your job as a shichibukai". Or an obvious one like "Revolutionary Army commander Emporio Ivankov" to "Emporio Ivankov, leader of the revolutionary army". And tons of others.

Do they even know the material they're scanlating? The leader is Dragon not Ivankov. When you make such obvious mistakes, it annoys me when I know I should be grateful as a leecher that they are scans of it at all but still... Time that Luffy and his crew go bust up Franky House! (j/k)

He is, and it's just to awesome. Doflamingo just proofs how cool he is each chapter. One hell of a bastard . Mocking Ivankov and sitting on a pile of corpses, it doesn't get much better then that, or at second thought with that guy it probably does.
Yeah i have to agree , it hurts the fan base when such mistakes get spread around. When i read ivan part i was like WTF.

I think most of these warlords fights going to be off screen or end in a draw.
Old 2009-10-01, 13:01   Link #146
Slayerx

Quote:
Of course you have to use the most haxed person available. Since when have we seen an admiral actively participating a buster call? And if you exclude Ao Kiji, all they have to do is fire some haki arrows at their battleships and make sure the sea giants surface and they are already having a rough enough time making it not worth the trouble. Sea giants + rain of haki arrows > cannons.

I highly doubt the admirals will be used for an island that won't threaten their balance or is creating some chaos in parts of the world. Those admirals will be needed in much more important places. And I wonder if the admirals who are logia would even have it that easy against a nation full of haki users. And if you'd immediately use the most extreme measures bye sending an admiral or several admirals or buster calling it or buster call + admiral, yeah then everything becomes easy to solve.
First off, you make the assumption that those Haki arrows have the same range of the warship battle cannons... if those arrows do not have the range then Amazon Lily is almost a sitting duck; they have one ship that would be obliterated and the rest would have to swim... The Sea kings could be a problem, however that's what the vice admirals are for, and we know that they can handle massive sea kings.... Also i think you underestimate the amount of power that is in those cannons; a single volley could pretty much clear the shoreline... Haki arros may be good enough to shatter stone, but the cannons can topple buildings; The amazon's would have to fight while under a hail of explosive shells, while the forest around them burns

Quote:
However, why haven't they done it with Jaya which was a lawless island that a vice-admiral could have even sorted out in a day or with all those islands that the revolutionists are conquering? Probably cause those admirals and even those vice-admirals have more important issues to deal with. So again, I doubt AL will ever rank that high on their treat meter to waste the amount of men or high officials that you are suggesting.
Actually Jaya could be a result of Doflamingo's influence... that's where he has his crew based and as such it could be one of the islands he asked the WG to ignore; or that Island could have been considered his responsibility, one of the islands he pirates for the world gov't... Not to mention the relative strength of those on Jaya is rather low, where as Amazon Lily has been home to one of the more notorious pirate groups for generations.

when it comes down to it, Amazon Lily would be placed pretty high on their to-do-list... it's an island of pirates that have been operating for generations unscathed, and the only reason they continue to ignore it is because of Boa... they WILL strike Amazon Lily if they take away her status... hell if they did not, then it would mean that they do not make good on their threats and thus would loose some more control over the pirates as they will think they have less to fear... Hell, Oda decideding to ignore Amazon Lily would undermine all the drama he put in during the amazon Lily arc about the importance of Boa's status... i mean, what's the point of telling us that their would be deadly reprocussions if Boa looses he status, if he is going to have her loose her status WITHOUT the aforementioned repercussions? Hell, he will be proving Boa right when she says "they will forgive her, and thus everything will be fine", and i think one thing that Boa needs most as a character is the idea that "NO, not everyone will forgive you"
Old 2009-10-01, 13:02   Link #147
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
@Blackbeard: Why isn't it Asgard? Simply because he uses dozens of shadows instead of hundreds? I always read Asgard as simply being the name for Moria doing what Luffy did (had done to him).
Shadows Asgard is when he has his shadow disperse into separate vines from his feet. It is those vines that reach out and extract the shadows from corpses. Those shadows are then sucked into his body. Essentially, Moria's body is like that of a vacuum during this process. He just stands there by gathering all of the shadows and feeds himself with them (See Chapter 481 - Page 9).
Old 2009-10-01, 13:11   Link #148
james0246

^Maybe the "vines" only spread out when he is withdrawing hundreds of shadows over a distance? So it is either the Asgard transportation system (of shadow delivery) or it is the name of the specific form, and if it is simply the name of the form, then since the end result is exactly the same, what Moria is using now is simply a scaled back Asgard.
Old 2009-10-01, 13:18   Link #149
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Maybe the "vines" only occur when he is withdrawing hundreds of shadows? Whatever the the transportation system may be, the end results are still exactly the same.
Even though the results are the same regardless of how he assimilates the shadows into his being, he didn't say "Shadows Asgard" in this chapter, and therefore he didn't use that technique. Now, we just need to see if he can call out doppleman. If he can, Jimbei is in trouble.
Old 2009-10-01, 13:21   Link #150
Prestige

Quote:

Yeah I have to agree with this.

Reading Franky-house and then Binktopias versions is like reading diffrent chapters/series.

Normally I dont mind changing placements of words in lines but if translations are so much diffrent that you get entirely diffrent meaning of happening in chapter then its really unacceptable.

About chapter it was another very enjoyable one though it felt bit short.

Buggy's and WB's discussion was pretty fun but I think it took little too much space in chapter. Buggy is pretty funny charecter but not one of my favorites.

I think biggest impact from chapter was how it shows how war is getting intensified. Its pretty chaotic stuff happening on fields with cannons firing and stuff getting demolished.

Kuma seems to been punished from Shabondy and he appears to lost last bits of his humanity and his original self, I guess only Pacifista-Kuma is left.

Sengoku seems to be pretty confident about his grand plan to win this war, Whitebeard seems to be aware of this too and we will see in couple of chapters what is the ultimate purpose of luring Whitebeard to here...
Old 2009-10-01, 13:21   Link #151
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

I suspect someone will shout a heartfelt speech at Kuma, his brainwashing will break and he will become a force for good.
Old 2009-10-01, 13:22   Link #152
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
horde of high rank marine officers
..who had their asses kicked by the likes of Nami and Sogeking.

Quote:
sure your haki image
Whats my haki image? Please enlighten me.

Quote:
more than a haki blast
Because the right hand of the Pirate King has only haki at his disposal

Quote:
mentioning that if Mr Magma or Ice coming up
Wait, when was an Admiral required to lead a Buster Call?

Are we even reading the same series?
Old 2009-10-01, 13:58   Link #153
ellifeedn
Thinker

Do you think there are similarities between Doflamingo and Dark Knight Joker?
Old 2009-10-01, 14:22   Link #154
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well here's my rundown of the chapter, while trying to address some of the things being discussed...

Cover story: Looks like Zoro might indeed have a runin with some ghosts, or some other supernatural threat, considering the huge gravestone. It doesn't look like he'll be fighting Perona though, which wouldn't make sense anyway since she helped him recover.

As for Buggy's interaction with Whitebeard, the Buggy jokes are getting old and eventhough there was an actual point to it in the end, it took way too much space.

It's still unclear what the marine plan is and how Whitebeard's move to counter it with the NW captains will have an effect. Hope to see some of those captains in some real action soon, by the way.

Moria turns out to be a one trick pony, after all, and Jinbei takes care of him easily. But perhaps he's not down for the count just yet and will show what he can do after all. As for Jinbei, well we already knew he was incredibly powerful since he managed to stalemate Ace, I can't help but wonder what his power equates to while in the water. Not many, if any, can withstand him in his natural element, I would wagure. Especially considering that his natural element is also a weakness to others, especially DF users.

No real surprise when Smoker finally confronts Luffy, it was bound to happen. Unfortunately, Luffy is still powerless against him and Hancock's interference is required to get him out of his predicament. I loved how she was totally enraged one moment, then turns all loveydovey because Luffy pronounced her name properly again. Whether or not she'll get in trouble for this, is still out in the open. As long as Luffy doesn't get in another jam, she could still get away with it. I don't see her joining the Strawhat crew though as some people are hoping. While interesting, I think it would change the dynamics of the crew too much. Plus I still consider her to be more powerful than Luffy, and that's a definite nono for any new crewmember.

Last but not least, something's up with Kuma. I'm convinced he's the real deal, but has no free will left. I'm guessing he has been turned into a full Pacifista (albeit a much more powerful one), possibly past the point of no return. Perhaps it was punishment for his latest transgression.
Old 2009-10-01, 14:30   Link #155
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Haha I liked that chapter was great!

Boa stepping in like so was cool. I love her character!
Now I was having a quick scan of posts before and I see some think she is very conceited and selfish, while that is true, thats what I like about her.
Obviously its not something to like in RL but in anime certain traits if done right and the character as a whole is nice, I'm fine with such bad traits. Hell at times I can love them

Jinbei's haymaker is quite something, he owned Moria.

Wonder whats to come now, can't wait!
Old 2009-10-01, 14:35   Link #156
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Hmm, Ace accepting his future leads nicely to him being a rival for Luffy as Pirate King later on.

Don is definitely sitting on a pile of bodies. Whether they're dead or not can't really be determined.

I hadn't heard of/considered Hancock joining the SH crew before this, but I can definitely see it happening. If you're worried about her being too strong, that's easy enough to get past. The main trio just has to get stronger, or at least prove themselves already stronger than her. The possibility of that isn't even close to a stretch. The repercussions from her actions in this chapter could be a wonderful set up for her needing to leave Amazon Lily. If she had to leave, of course she'd follow Luffy and join the crew.
Old 2009-10-01, 14:51   Link #157
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Cover story: Looks like Zoro might indeed have a runin with some ghosts, or some other supernatural threat, considering the huge gravestone. It doesn't look like he'll be fighting Perona though, which wouldn't make sense anyway since she helped him recover.
Probably learn more about demonic sword fighting like Asura but idk if there's anything he can improve himself from this island. Maybe learning how to not get lost? Lol.

Quote:
As for Buggy's interaction with Whitebeard, the Buggy jokes are getting old and eventhough there was an actual point to it in the end, it took way too much space.
I agree, the whole buggy business should just stick with only 2 panels, but I'm interested in the convicts he's "leading" when WB said they're a threat.

Quote:
It's still unclear what the marine plan is and how Whitebeard's move to counter it with the NW captains will have an effect. Hope to see some of those captains in some real action soon, by the way.
I'm speculating that it's to weaken the WB army and surround them with their remaining battleships since they might get in too deep to save Ace. That's probably why WB sent some captains to destroy the ships from all directions.

Quote:
Last but not least, something's up with Kuma. I'm convinced he's the real deal, but has no free will left. I'm guessing he has been turned into a full Pacifista (albeit a much more powerful one), possibly past the point of no return. Perhaps it was punishment for his latest transgression.
It's probably another pacifista, killing off Kuma's character all of the sudden doesn't seem to suit Oda's style. There's so much to learn about his past relationship with the revolutionary army.
Old 2009-10-01, 15:04   Link #158
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I just read the chapter and I think it's definitely safe to say that Moria is far from finished. These spoiler providers always tend to exaggerate on things and that misleads a lot of people (I was one of them). Next time, I will reserve my judgement for when I read the actual chapter. Sorry about that marvelB. I got carried away before .

I'm just glad to see that your faith in Moria has been restored. Here's to hoping he strikes back against Jinbei next chapter, eh?

In fact, Moria somewhat has an advantage over Jinbei already: If he can prevent him from reaching the ocean, then he won't be as troublesome since Jinbei is less powerful on land. If it's really true that Moria can also gain new abilities from the shadows he absorbs (and I don't see any reason why that shouldn't be possible), then he should be a decent match for the yakuza/knight of the sea. I eagerly await to see how Oda will handle this battle next chapter.......

By the way, even if Ivankov was called a commander of the revolutionary army, I don't think that really means he's the absolute leader. For all we know, Dragon has his army split up into several divisions (like Whitebeard's crew), and Iva just so happens to be one of many division commanders.....
Old 2009-10-01, 15:12   Link #159
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
It's probably another pacifista, killing off Kuma's character all of the sudden doesn't seem to suit Oda's style. There's so much to learn about his past relationship with the revolutionary army.
No its real Kuma, he is having that Bible and he is using same Paw-paw powers as he was using in Thriller Bark.

Remember when Kuma told to Luffy ''We will not meet again''. I think Kuma already knew what Vegapunk was going to do with him but he knew he could not stop it anymore.

I think Kuma is really dead,only parts of his body is left fused with metallic exoskeleton. I am pretty sure that only diffrence with PX-units and Kuma is that Kuma still have his paw-paw devil fruit.

Also I dont really think its possible to give PX-units Paw-paw devil fruit powers since only one devil fruit can excist at same time and giving robots lasers and giving them paw paw powers is totally diffrent thing.

Quote:
I'm just glad to see that your faith in Moria has been restored. Here's to hoping he strikes back against Jinbei next chapter, eh?

In fact, Moria somewhat has an advantage over Jinbei already: If he can prevent him from reaching the ocean, then he won't be as troublesome since Jinbei is less powerful on land. If it's really true that Moria can also gain new abilities from the shadows he absorbs (and I don't see any reason why that shouldn't be possible), then he should be a decent match for the yakuza/knight of the sea. I eagerly await to see how Oda will handle this battle next chapter.......

By the way, even if Ivankov was called a commander of the revolutionary army, I don't think that really means he's the absolute leader. For all we know, Dragon has his army split up into several divisions (like Whitebeard's crew), and Iva just so happens to be one of many division commanders.....
You are reading wrong translation, I guess you read chapter in 'usual' place whitch is using wrong translations.

Its fairly incorrect on many places and mistranslations happens alot.
You should get diffrent translations since they are more correct

Last edited by Prestige; 2009-10-01 at 15:52. Reason: Meantioning translations groups
Old 2009-10-01, 17:25   Link #160
SMASHERJACKSON

interesting chapter, wondering whatll become of the kuma vs iva and hancocks "betrayal" next chapter

also if anyone has noticed apparently the battleships wer part of sengokus preparations though accordin to grap figuring this out and countering it isnt enough....

also whitebeard noting that buggies crew are better off not being made an enemy of right now make me think there still may be a possibility of re-enforcements (?) turning up, im guessing pacifista or BB but im leaning towards the former.
Closed Thread