AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-08-19, 19:13   Link #1241
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
Man that prince is like the Obito of Gintama, bastard just wont die, if Takasugi ends up kicking the bucket in the next couple of chapters, I hope he takes the prince with him
I expect Takasugi and the rest of the Joui team to at least live long enough to see the end of the Utsuro battle. This Enshou subplot feels more like a resolution for the Kiheitai than for Takasugi, although it's not fully concluded yet, so who knows.

But man, Gorilla really has a thing with cutting of arms. How many are we at?
Umibouzu x2
Abuto
Enshou x2
Shoukaku
Kanemaru

Seven limbs. And that's not including repeat limbs. Am I missing any?
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 08:45   Link #1242
Gaizafaiz

I honestly think that Takasugi is still gonna be alive after this fight. He still wants to have a fight with Gintoki after this. After Gintoki settles the score between him and Takasugi he's gonna aim for Utsuro.
Gaizafaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 12:16   Link #1243
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Enshou is finally gone for good. And NobuNobu might follow him to the grave (dammit Sorachi, stop making him look so cool).

Enshou's backstory turned out to be surprising. No wonder he ended up so twisted.
Old 2017-09-01, 22:17   Link #1244
grecefar

oi sadaharu I knew you were awesome and all that but... a god? looooool.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 23:13   Link #1245
thefreakmike

So at this point, is it fair to Say that Sorachi has surpassed Oda, or at least rivals him, as the God of Forshadowing? Those sisters and their deal with Sadaharu was showed like 500+ chapters ago and now they are all coming back for this moment !?!? That is some titanic level of setup
Old 2017-09-01, 23:22   Link #1246
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

And he said he just an amateur mangaka?'
There is no way this is Amateur level!!
Old 2017-09-02, 06:34   Link #1247
Gaizafaiz

He meant amateur in drawing not in foreshadowing. Well, his drawing has really improve so I guess he can rival Oda.
Gaizafaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 10:13   Link #1248
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This final arc keeps taking the same format over and over. Battle+flashback+villain's defeat and accepting defeat.

The supporting characters keep disappearing. I hope we'll have the final before this year's end
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 12:04   Link #1249
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

No comment on Nobunobu's death? I think he successfully redeemed himself, and I liked the scene showing the previous shoguns (with Shigeshige at the forefront) welcoming him to the afterlife.

I actually didn't expect the sisters to come back after like 600 chapters. I thought Sadaharu would solve the situation on his own.
Old 2017-09-07, 17:22   Link #1250
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No comment on Nobunobu's death? I think he successfully redeemed himself, and I liked the scene showing the previous shoguns (with Shigeshige at the forefront) welcoming him to the afterlife.

I actually didn't expect the sisters to come back after like 600 chapters. I thought Sadaharu would solve the situation on his own.
I am shock he kill off Nobunobu because in real life history he didn't die and even which all the supernartural and sci-fi stuff he seen try to keep to history in some form but killing off Nobunbu mean that he going which a different history which mean some of the people who die in real life may live in the manga.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 20:46   Link #1251
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Gintama changed some things. Sogo was supposed to have died as the real Okita died to tuberculosis. In Gintama, Mitsuba instead took the tuberculosis.

The real Takasugi also had a mortal disease btw.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 11:48   Link #1252
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We're getting closer and closer to the final battle. Gintoki is in pretty bad shape (partly thanks to Kamui lol), but it's not like that's ever stopped him from kicking ass before.
Old 2017-09-11, 02:11   Link #1253
BPD Renegade

A couple years ago, I wouldn't have imagined feeling anything but satisfaction if Nobunobu died. Every time he appeared, the only thought I had was that the guy deserved a giant punch to the face and worse. Man, all those punches back then were great. But here we are, and all I can say is that he received a fitting end. Like Kanon said, he did redeem himself, and as a result, rather than satisfaction at his death, the satisfaction comes from a solid conclusion to his character arc, with him growing to become a true shogun and acknowledging the end of the shogunate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaizafaiz View Post
He meant amateur in drawing not in foreshadowing. Well, his drawing has really improve so I guess he can rival Oda.
Personally, his drawing is a far, far cry from rivaling Oda's, and I'm pretty confident he would be one of the first to agree to that. Gorilla-sensei has always been self-deprecating about himself and Gintama, but that's part of the charm of the series.
Old 2017-09-15, 07:48   Link #1254
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Baldy papa is back!!
Old 2017-09-15, 11:03   Link #1255
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The new anime season starting in October will adapt the comedy chapters that were skipped! I'm looking forward to it, it'll be a nice break from the action.
Old 2017-09-15, 12:50   Link #1256
thefreakmike

Nice, Gintama soon will get the honor of being one of the few Jump mangas to get a full anime adaptation.
Old 2017-09-18, 22:40   Link #1257
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The new anime season starting in October will adapt the comedy chapters that were skipped! I'm looking forward to it, it'll be a nice break from the action.
Sweet! Too bad the love potion arc was made into an OVA. Although there is a chance CR could stream it or the season decides to add in some reruns and show it... While not a comedy chapter, I'm looking forward to Oil Rain too, if that gets adapted.

The new anime will start with the "Porori Arc." I don't seem to recall it. Is this an anime-original, or am I being forgetful?
Old 2017-09-19, 11:57   Link #1258
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Sweet! Too bad the love potion arc was made into an OVA. Although there is a chance CR could stream it or the season decides to add in some reruns and show it... While not a comedy chapter, I'm looking forward to Oil Rain too, if that gets adapted.

The new anime will start with the "Porori Arc." I don't seem to recall it. Is this an anime-original, or am I being forgetful?
The whole season is what is called "Porori arc". Porori was used in the pool episode with the shogun where it referred to nipple slips. The basic meaning is something hidden coming to the surface, I believe. So they're talking about the skipped/hidden arcs finally coming to TV!
Old 2017-09-19, 12:36   Link #1259
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I want Kagura's boyfriend arc!!!!
Old 2017-09-19, 17:27   Link #1260
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Me too. That one was hilarious. I really want to see the arc with the sentient swords animated too (forgot its name).

Tags
samurai, sci-fi