AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-24, 14:15   Link #241
LunaNeko

^_^

Thanks We Suck for providing us with awesome translation! I was confused by first 2 episodes that were subbed by someone else.
Although I have a tiny request, I burned VCD to watch it with friends on weekend and for some reason we could barely see subtitles, it never happened before, so I was wondering if its possible to make subtitles maybe a bit larger or bolder????

Since I watched first 3 episodes again, I ran into question - Shuurei and Kourin and other lady (darn, always forget her name) they were all talking about Shuurei having kids with emperor and stuff, weren't they aware that she was only there for the short time, basically just temporary filling in the position of Emperor concubine??? That confused me a lot...
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 14:47   Link #242
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

I'm not sure that it would have been widely known that Shuurei was there temporarily, so even if Kourin and Shusui did know that, people in their position shouldn't have known that, so they would have had to act like they didn't.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 16:00   Link #243
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko
Since I watched first 3 episodes again, I ran into question - Shuurei and Kourin and other lady (darn, always forget her name) they were all talking about Shuurei having kids with emperor and stuff, weren't they aware that she was only there for the short time, basically just temporary filling in the position of Emperor concubine??? That confused me a lot...
Well, it was a deal between Shou Taishi (representing the three advisors) and Shuurei. Only her father and Seiran were also present at the time. I doubt they would have bothered to tell other people what the arrangements were.
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 18:13   Link #244
poisonakki

well spoiler about reishin from novel info
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex
Spoiler:
poisonakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 20:55   Link #245
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonakki
well spoiler about reishin from novel info
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-25, 11:24   Link #246
Codex

By the way, I heard that some of the novels are available in Chinese. Does anyone know where they can be bought online?
Old 2006-07-25, 11:53   Link #247
ryublade

Regarding Reishin's adoption of Kouyuu:

Spoiler:

To those who have the novels, please feel free to discuss with the rest of us. Just remember to use spoiler notation for those who don't want to be spoiled. As for me, I wish I could read the novels. Originally, I had planned to try the chinese translations but my chinese is really too poor to be able to read a novel.
ryublade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 13:11   Link #248
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex
By the way, I heard that some of the novels are available in Chinese. Does anyone know where they can be bought online?
Try yesasia and amazon

they are a bit expensive through.

I currently hunting through the chinese bookstores in chinatown. Maybe i will get lucky.

If anyone is intrested i have found site that is posting chinese manga. The were upto chapter 4 last time i check. You can't download but you can read it. Give me a PM if anyone is intrested.
Old 2006-07-25, 15:00   Link #249
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Try yesasia and amazon

they are a bit expensive through.

I currently hunting through the chinese bookstores in chinatown. Maybe i will get lucky.
Ah, I forgot about yesasia. I had no luck running a search on amazon.cn; is that the only Chinese amazon site? But anyway, yesasia only has the 3rd and 4th novels (search for "cai yun guo wu yu"), although a search for "Yukino Sai" under Chinese books yielded another edition of the novels by a different non-Taiwanese publisher. They're all in traditional Chinese fortunately.

In any case, although they're a bit more expensive than regular books, it doesn't seem too bad ... about $9-10 per volume, and free shipping. It just seems like a bit of a wait. I guess I'll put in an order now, and continue the hunt with the bookstore in my local Chinatown.
Old 2006-07-26, 03:23   Link #250
galen

this is the site for the Taiwanese publisher. If I'm not wrong you can order from them directly here. This is the complete novel set. http://www.walkersnet.com.tw/fiction...-99A349B9B02E}

Although I can't figure out if they ship internationally, since I can't seem to find shipping information without signing up as a member. Someone might like to sign up though, seeing as they publish the Chinese versions of a lot of stuff, like Shana, as well.
galen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 15:46   Link #251
ryublade

Thanks to We Suck for epi 9.
Spoiler:
ryublade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 14:54   Link #252
shaselai

Anyone know if the novel ended? And if it did did Shuuri ends up with Seiren or the emperor? I feel so bad for Seiren thus far. (like she said, he seem to always get the "short end of the stick"). spoilers welcome..
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 17:12   Link #253
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai
Anyone know if the novel ended? And if it did did Shuuri ends up with Seiren or the emperor? I feel so bad for Seiren thus far. (like she said, he seem to always get the "short end of the stick"). spoilers welcome..
Nope, it's not even close to ending.

It's still being actively serialized in the Kadokawa Beans Novel Anthology, which bills itself as The Greatest Girls' Fantasy Novel Anthology In History (史上最強の少女ファンタジー文庫).

There are 10 novels out so far in Japan as of August 4, 2006 - 8 main story novels and 2 side stories.
A new novel (the 9th in the main story) will be released on September 1, 2006.
Its title: 紅梅は夜に香る (translation: The Crimson Plum Blossom Blooms Fragrantly In The Night).
(There's a preorder link for the novel at Kadokawa Shoten's Web site. It's in Japanese, however.)
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 23:29   Link #254
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoi_Pocky
Nope, it's not even close to ending.

It's still being actively serialized in the Kadokawa Beans Novel Anthology, which bills itself as The Greatest Girls' Fantasy Novel Anthology In History (史上最強の少女ファンタジー文庫).

There are 10 novels out so far in Japan as of August 4, 2006 - 8 main story novels and 2 side stories.
A new novel (the 9th in the main story) will be released on September 1, 2006.
Its title: 紅梅は夜に香る (translation: The Crimson Plum Blossom Blooms Fragrantly In The Night).
(There's a preorder link for the novel at Kadokawa Shoten's Web site. It's in Japanese, however.)

Cool... but is Seiran still in the game or hes pretty much backed out for the emperor? it seems she will be with emperor at the end unless something happens... spoilers?
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 19:52   Link #255
Puchu

I've been watching the raws now, and I'm currently ripping my hair out over the wait for ep. 17.

So, to make the wait just a bit more bearable, does anyone know any series like Saiunkoku? With that, I'm not neccessarily saying same setting or story, but same quality in characters, storyline and art.

Someone mentioned Fushigi Yuugi, so I found some eps, but the main character seemed annoying just during the two minutes I checked out. Just like you guys said. *sigh*

I'm seriously contemplating buying the novels, but my Japanese really isn't good enough to read anything but manga with furigana. And I'm currently so broke it hurts.

Saiunkoku is probably the best shoujo anime I've ever seen, and among the best animes, period. I lust for the new episodes...
Puchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 20:05   Link #256
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puchu
I've been watching the raws now, and I'm currently ripping my hair out over the wait for ep. 17.

So, to make the wait just a bit more bearable, does anyone know any series like Saiunkoku? With that, I'm not neccessarily saying same setting or story, but same quality in characters, storyline and art.

Someone mentioned Fushigi Yuugi, so I found some eps, but the main character seemed annoying just during the two minutes I checked out. Just like you guys said. *sigh*

I'm seriously contemplating buying the novels, but my Japanese really isn't good enough to read anything but manga with furigana. And I'm currently so broke it hurts.

Saiunkoku is probably the best shoujo anime I've ever seen, and among the best animes, period. I lust for the new episodes...
12 kingdoms but that is more action oriented.
Old 2006-08-15, 20:56   Link #257
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

man... can't wait for ep 10 (subbed) and ep 17 (raw)... im craving for some ryuuki-shuurei love right now...

im wondering... how many volumes of manga version has been released? because i cannot read novels yet... but manga with furigana is okay...
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 19:43   Link #258
Myname

Episode 3. First couple minutes where the emperor is talking to Seiran. He keeps saying "We", but who is this other person he is referring to? Or is it just the subs?
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 19:48   Link #259
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname
Episode 3. First couple minutes where the emperor is talking to Seiran. He keeps saying "We", but who is this other person he is referring to? Or is it just the subs?
This is the Royal We construct - a first-person pronoun used by royalty.

I have actually made a post explaining more about the Royal We construct on:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=188

In fact, we have received enough inquiries about the Royal We, we linked to the Wikipedia entry for it on our blog...
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 19:48   Link #260
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname
i think it is the royal we/ royal plural... royalties refer to themselves in first person plural...

ex: we are not amused (i am not amused)
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse